From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 1995 15:04:00 -0400

REBASE version 505                                                NEWS.505
                                                                              
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
     <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>     
                                                                              
              Dr. Richard J. Roberts Restriction Enzyme Database              
                 Copyright (c) New England BioLabs, Inc. 1995                 
                           All rights reserved.                               
                                                                              
     <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>     
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Changes:

    -   Previously the recognition sequence/cut sites for BspKT6I(MboI)
        were listed as: G^ATC.  This has been corrected to be GAT^C.

    -   The following enzyme names have been changed by the authors:

                        VpaK3I  is renamed  VpaK3AI
                        VpaK4I  is renamed  VpaK4AI
                        VpaK13I is renamed  VpaK13AI
                        VpaK7I  is renamed  VpaK7AI

    -   For VpaK11AI(AvaII), the microorganism name has
        been changed from "Vibrio parahaemolyticus 1728-4"
        to "Vibrio parahaemolyticus 1743", also by the author.

New Specific Methylases:

        Recognition sequences and bases modified are undetermined.

   M.PhiHI   [Halobacterium salinarium bacteriophage PhiH]  5-methylcytosine
   M.PhiHII  [Halobacterium salinarium bacteriophage PhiH]  5-methylcytosine
   M.PhiHIII [Halobacterium salinarium bacteriophage PhiH]  N4-methylcytosine

New Type II Prototypes:

            UbaAI  [Unidentified bacterium S 8120]  ACTGGG 
            UbaBI  [Unidentified bacterium B126]    GAGNNNNNCTC 

New Restriction Enzymes:

       Bfi57I     (MboI)    [Butyrivibrio fibrisolvens OB157]  ^GATC 
       Bfi89I     (CfrI)    [Butyrivibrio fibrisolvens OB189]  Y^GGCCR 
       BspLU11III (FinI)    [Bacillus species LU11]            GGGAC(5/-14) 
       VpaK11CI   (AvaII)   [Vibrio parahaemolyticus TVP1728]  GGWCC 
       VpaK11DI   (AvaII)   [Vibrio parahaemolyticus TVP1681]  GGWCC 
       VpaK12AI   (?)       [Vibrio parahaemolyticus TVP1717]  ?
       VpaK12BI   (?)       [Vibrio parahaemolyticus TVP1751]  ? 
       VpaK19AI   (AsuI)    [Vibrio parahaemolyticus Hasegawa] GGNCC 
       VpaK19BI   (AsuI)    [Vibrio parahaemolyticus Matsuoka] GGNCC 
       VpaK29AI   (PstI)    [Vibrio parahaemolyticus TVP1706]  CTGCAG 
       VpaK3BI    (PmaCI)   [Vibrio parahaemolyticus 4750]     CACGTG 
       VpaK4BI    (PstI)    [Vibrio parahaemolyticus TVP1673]  CTGCAG 
       VpaK50AI   (?)       [Vibrio parahaemolyticus TVP1614]  ? 
       VpaK55AI   (?)       [Vibrio parahaemolyticus TVP1656]  ? 
       VpaK56AI   (?)       [Vibrio parahaemolyticus TVP1744]  ? 
       VpaK57AI   (Eco31I)  [Vibrio parahaemolyticus 4038]     GGTCTC 
       VpaK8AI    (?)       [Vibrio parahaemolyticus TVP1764]  ? 
       VpaK9AI    (AsuI)    [Vibrio parahaemolyticus Gunji]    GGNCC 
       VpaKutAI   (AsuI)    [Vibrio parahaemolyticus TVP1659]  GGNCC 
       VpaKutBI   (AsuI)    [Vibrio parahaemolyticus TVP1760]  GGNCC 
       VpaKutCI   (?)       [Vibrio parahaemolyticus TVP1615]  ? 
       VpaKutDI   (?)       [Vibrio parahaemolyticus TVP1735]  ? 
       VpaKutEI   (Ksp632I) [Vibrio parahaemolyticus TVP1715]  CTCTTC 
       VpaKutFI   (Ksp632I) [Vibrio parahaemolyticus TVP1731]  CTCTTC 
       VpaKutGI   (PstI)    [Vibrio parahaemolyticus TVP1691]  CTGCAG 
       VpaKutHI   (Eco31I)  [Vibrio parahaemolyticus TVP1756]  GGTCTC 
       VpaKutJI   (AsuI)    [Vibrio parahaemolyticus TVP1742]  GGNCC 

Newly Commercially Available Enzymes:

       BspLU11I ()   A^CATGT from Boehringer-Mannheim (REBASE code M)
       BsrSI (BsrI)  ACTGG   from Promega Corporation (REBASE code R)
       Hin2I (HpaII) CCGG    from Fermentas MBI       (REBASE code F)

Rich Roberts                                                      Apr 29 95