From: [email-masked] (Dana Macelis at NEB)
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 23:53:27 -0500

REBASE version 512                                                NEWS.512
                                                                              
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
     <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>     
                                                                              
              Dr. Richard J. Roberts Restriction Enzyme Database              
                 Copyright (c) New England BioLabs, Inc. 1995                 
                           All rights reserved.                               
                                                                              
     <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>     
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

New Enzymes:

	AsiI     (BamHI)   Azotobacter species              GGATCC
	BecAI    (?)       Brevibacterium species A         ?
	BecAII   (HaeIII)  Brevibacterium species A         GG^CC
	BecAII   (HaeIII)  Brevibacterium species A         GG^CC
	Bse631I  (BsaBI)   Bacillus species 631             GATNNNNATC
	Bsp153AI (PvuII)   Bacillus species 153A            CAGCTG
	BspKT8I  (HindIII) Bacillus species KT8             A^AGCTT
	BspLI    (NlaIV)   Bacillus species RJ3-212         GGN^NCC
	BspM39I  (PvuII)   Bacillus species M39             CAGCTG
	EagBI    (PvuI)    Enterobacter agglomerans CBNU45  CGAT^CG
	TaiI     (MaeII)   Thermus aquaticus cs1-331        ACGT^

     BpoAI has been determined to be an isoschizomer of VspI (AT^TAAT).

Newly Commercially Available:

                   AccB2I (HaeII) RGCGC^Y  from SibEnzyme
                   BfmI   (SfeI)  C^TRYAG  from Fermentas
                   BspLI  (NlaIV) GGN^NCC  from Fermentas
                   TaiI   (MaeII) ACGT^    from Fermentas

        M.CviBIII (specific methylase) TCGA  from Boehringer-Mannheim

             BsiI and BsmAI are no longer available commercially.

Rich Roberts                                                      Dec 01 95