Subject: Prepend to MSTRMX.MSG
From: [email-masked] (Jack Bryans)
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1987 09:38 PDT

The latest test release (V2.29C) of MS-Kermit ported to RMX86 and RMX286
includes a completely new and expanded configuration option, the addition
of SET/SHOW KEY, and support for 10 ports.  Previous restrictions on port
redefinition have been removed.  See MSTRMX.DOC for details.  MSTRMX.BOO
is for RMX86 and MSTRX2.BOO for RMX286.  The approximate vintage of the
underlying MS-Kermit modules (MSS*) is mid-August.

------------------------------

Date: Tuesday   August  4, 1987  4:41 PM PDT.
From:<[email-masked]>
Subject: MSTRMX.MSG

This is to announce the test release of version 2.29C of Kermit for both the
RMX86 and RMX286 Operating Systems.  Relevant files are MSTRMX.BOO, for RMX86,
and MSTRX2.BOO, for RMX286, MSTRMX.DOC, and MSERMX.P86.

In addition to all of the changes that have gone into MSKermit in nearly four
full versions since 2.26, wildcard send, full RMX paths and file names, easing
of previous restrictions on RUNable commands, and performance improvements have
been added at the RMX end.

Wildcard send has been implemented through use of an auxiliary command, WC,
whose source is in MSERMX.P86.  A comment header includes SUBMIT file contents
to generate the command for both OS's.  As a fortuitous fallout to wild card
implementation, a list of file names may be used wherever Kermit accepts a wild
card file specification, as long as all files in the list are in the current
default directory.  For example:

SEND READ.ME.FIRST,*X*.A*,*.OBJ,ETC.ETC

works.  Try to say that in DOS!  Similarly, when Kermit is in SERVER mode, it
will respond to a GET file-name-list from the local Kermit.

The WC command is only necessary for wildcard sends.  Kermit works fine
without it.  If used, it should be in one of the default search directories.
It and Kermit needn't be in the same directory.  The WC command isn't
otherwise totally useless.  Try "WC ?able,movie*" as an alternative to "DIR
$ FOR ?able,movie*".

Note that all version 2.29C's aren't identical.  Kermit is a living,
changing in real-time thing.  If the version ID were changed with every
discrete instance of Kermit, the alphabet would be exhausted in less than
one month.  While comments are solicited, any "How come this one's not the
same as that one?" or "Why's that turkey's got a later version than my
superb system?" will be referred to this paragraph, if we're in a good mood.