Subject: Re: ftp-able docs/tutorials for TECO: where?
From: [email-masked] (Steve Byrne)
Date: 16 Feb 91 23:35:59 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.lang.teco

The TOPS-20 & ITS Emacs's used ITS TECO as their extension languages.  This is
a much more full-featured language than standard (i.e. Dec) TECO.  It has many
constructs that make it an extremely powerful environment to work in, yet it
has the brevity of expression that us TECO hackers have grown to love.

The manual for this (and, as far as I am concerned, the only real :-) ) TECO
can be ftp-ed from tut.cis.ohio-state.edu in
pub/gnu/emacs/elisp-archive/info/tecord.info.Z.  There's also a teco.info.Z
file in that directory...it may contain equivalent information, but the manual
that I always used was called tecord.info.

I would dearly love to see this language implemented in GNU Emacs Lisp.  While
I like Lisp as a language, it's just too verbose for those quickie editing
hacks.  I have a very early start at an implementation laying around somewhere.
I'd guess that it would take < 1 month of hacking to get a reasonable subset
operating, perhaps even a fairly complete implementation, modulo the TOPS-20
and ITS specific features (like :EJ).

Steve