Subject: Parts for Sherline Lathe

From: [email-masked]
Date: 30 Dec 92 00:15:49 GMT

I have a miniature Sherline lathe, that I bought second hand.
I would like to use it more except it needs some part.  The self
centering three jaw chuck is broken (the teeth inside are sheared off.)
I also have been looking for a 0 Morse taper live center that will
fit in the tail stock.   Does anybody know of any parts suppliers
for this Sherline metal cutting lathe?

   I had hoped to find a Unimate lathe but was without success, so I
settled for the Sherline.  The Sherline is without screw cutting capability
but the instructions which came with it show an upgrade kit enabling
the lathe to cut screw threads.  This is something else I would like
to get, someday.

-------
MICHAEL F. GORDON
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Bathsheba Grossman)
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1992 02:37:56 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] writes:
>I would like to use it more except it needs some part.  

Two companies that sell the whole Sherline shebang are MSC and Micro-Mark;
you could use the Thomas Register or nag me to get you the addresses.  MSC
is a big machinist-supply house, and Micro-Mark specializes in miniature
tools, mostly for model-making - they're both fun catalogs.

I just got the Sherline mini-mill and am having a great time learning
about machining; my plan is to make small sculpture with it.  Now,
Sherline, what about the CNC retro-fit?

-Sheba  (student, UPenn Dept o'Fine Arts)

--
   The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the University of
     North Carolina at Chapel Hill, the Campus Office for Information
        Technology, or the Experimental Bulletin Board Service.
           internet:  laUNChpad.unc.edu or 152.2.22.80

---

From: [email-masked] (Stuart Friedberg)
Date: 30 Dec 92 01:50:10 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]> writes:
> I have a miniature Sherline lathe, that I bought second hand.  I
> would like to use it more except it needs some part. [...] Does
> anybody know of any parts suppliers for this Sherline metal cutting
> lathe? [...] an upgrade kit enabling the lathe to cut screw threads.
> This is something else I would like to get

I am about to post a message about some favorite mail order suppliers
of mine.  Blue Ridge Machinery is one, and they have parts and
accessories for Sherline, and Emco Maier Unimats of various sizes.

Watch for the message.

Stu Friedberg ([email-masked])

---

From: [email-masked] (Mark A Fleming)
Date: 30 Dec 92 22:25:29 GMT

Try writing or calling the manufacturer directly.  They can send you a free
catalog of parts and accessories.  Their address is

	Sherline Products Inc.
	170 Navajo Street
	San Marcos CA 92069

	FAX (619) 744-1574
	(619) 744-3674 (Inside Calif)
	(800) 541-0735

BTW, I started out with a 5" Enco, and though small machines are limited,
they really encourage careful setup and work habits.

maf