Subject: information on watch making

From: [email-masked] (ira b ekhaus)
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1992 04:44:55 GMT

hi,

Does anyone have any sources of  information for the art (science?) of 
watchmaking?
Especially mechanism  design and  a description of the various tools
and their uses.

thanks,
ira
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Henry E. Schaffer)
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1992 02:06:43 GMT

There are a lot of good book about Horology, but most of them
are a bit old.  Donald De Carle has written a number of books
in this area, including one "Horology" which was published in
England and imported to the US by Dover (which called itself
the USA Publisher.)  It has a copyright date of 1965.  Most
watch/clock supply places sell such books.  A company I've
dealt with is

S. LaRose, Inc.
234 Commerce Place, P.O. Box 21208
Greensboro, NC 27420
919 275 0462

The sell all sorts of watch/clock movements, repair parts,
supplies, tools and equipment and ship promptly.

--henry schaffer