Subject: Re: Cutting Metal ALL-Thread Rods, 1" thick.

From: [email-masked] (Edward Keating)
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1993 15:36:25 GMT

[email-masked] (Pat) writes:

>In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Pat) writes:

>Now for my question.  THe all thread is galvanized and the Nuts are
>chromed,  if i don't want tthem to rust up, should I do anything to
>them?  I sprayed them  with Red Auto primer(rustoleum),   but should i spray
>on some undercoating?  or something?

I use a technique from the days of installing TV antennas. (isn't cable wonderful)
Spray on clear Krylon. It will protect the bolts and if you need to
take it apart, it will easily come off when you remove the nut.
Just make sure that there isn't any oil left on the parts before you
spray.

-- 
Caution, Thermostellar device.		[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Pete Lancashire)
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 93 20:40:36 GMT

>on some undercoating?  or something?

If you don't care about the eventual outside look, coat the thread with
a never seeze compound. If the chromed job is good, it will stay. But
cheap chrome plate will sep. from the base metal if you are not careful.

-pete

          --------------------------------------------
          ----- Pete Lancashire [email-masked] ----
          -------- Kid in spirit. Big Brother --------
          ---               and now                ---
          - Adopt ? ME ? Am I going crazy ? HELP :) !-
          --------------------------------------------