Subject: HELP! # for Small Parts Inc!!!

From: [email-masked] (Al Richer)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1993 12:00:51 GMT

Greetings!

 I am in dire need of some 32 pitch, 22 tooth nylon or plastic spur gears
with hubs. If my failing memory serves me, I have been told that such items
are available from a company called Small Parts Inc., in Florida. 

 Unfortunately, i have no phone # or address for them.

 If anyone can give me a phone # for these folks, or anyone else who'd carry
such an item, I wuld be eternally grateful.

							Al Richer

Alan J. Richer  |  Interleaf, Inc.  |  Waltham, Ma., U.S.A. 
Mail: [email-masked]        All Std. Disclaimers Apply
 The Klingon Army knife. Don't leave home without it.
				- Klueless the Scavenger
-- 
Alan J. Richer  |  Interleaf, Inc.  |  Waltham, Ma., U.S.A. 
Mail: [email-masked]        All Std. Disclaimers Apply
 The Klingon Army knife. Don't leave home without it.
				- Klueless the Scavenger

---

From: [email-masked] (James W. Swonger)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1993 12:50:06 GMT

Another supplier who keeps on sending me catalogs is 

W. M. Berg, Inc
499 Ocean Ave.
East Rockaway, NY 11518

(516) 599-5010 Customer Service
          3274 Fax

 They sell all sorts of itty bitty mechanical parts. I've never bought
anything from them. 
-- 
##########################################################################
#Irresponsible rantings of the author alone. Any resemblance to persons  #
#living or dead then yer bummin. May cause drowsiness. Alcohol may inten-#
#sify this effect. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Billy!#

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 17 Sep 93 09:39:50 PST

> such an item, I wuld be eternally grateful.

I am not sure if they have gears, but there is a company called J.I. Morris
in Mas.  that specializes in miniature hardware (typically 0000-160 to 2-56)
Phone : 508 764-4394

John.

---

From: [email-masked] (Tim Kirby)
Date: 17 Sep 93 14:48:03 CDT

Al Richer ([email-masked]) wrote:
:  Greetings!
: 
:  I am in dire need of some 32 pitch, 22 tooth nylon or plastic spur gears
: with hubs. If my failing memory serves me, I have been told that such items
: are available from a company called Small Parts Inc., in Florida. 
: 
:  Unfortunately, i have no phone # or address for them.
: 
:  If anyone can give me a phone # for these folks, or anyone else who'd carry
: such an item, I wuld be eternally grateful.

Unfortunately I can't find their catalog; I can, however, give you an
alternative;

Allied Devices Corp.
2365 Milburn Avenue, P.o. Box 502
Baldwin, New York 11510
Phone:(516)223-9100     Fax:(516)223-9172

Their catalog is full of "Standard Precision Mechanical Components"
(their words). Not cheap, but then again Small Parts isn't particularly cheap
either.

I show for a 32 pitch 1/4" bore 3/16" face Linen Phenolic MIL-P-15035B type FBE
spur gear they are asking $7.40.

I guess it depends how badly you want them...

Anyone out there got a better source?

Tim
--
Tim Kirby --------- Cray Research Inc., Eagan, MN, USA ----------- [email-masked]
Disclaimer: I disclaim, therefore I am. Be warned ...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When all else fails, Immortality may always be assured by spectacular error(JKG)