Subject: CNC mill sources, model size

From: [email-masked] (john miller)
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1993 18:12:26 GMT

We have need of a 2-axis cnc mill setup.  We need to mill
channels of constant depth on the outside of cylindrical
tubes.  There will be no work on the end faces of the tubes.
Tube diameters are 10 to 30 centimeters with lengths from 
10 to 50 centimeters and tube materials will be non-ferrous
mostly acrylic and aluminum.  Custom setups for this would be 
acceptable or equipment that can make use of our Bridgeport
style mill (48" table) or our lathe (36" between centers).

At this stage I need input and ideas.  If you have any of
either that you would be willing to share with me you can
e-mail me directly.  I will compile replies and make them 
available to the keeper of the FAQ or post if the interest
warrants.

In addition, while we are at it, I could compile a list of any
CNC sources that deal in model sized equipment.

Many thanks in advance!  Here's hoping I get flooded with
replies.

John Miller
[email-masked]