Subject: Re: Where to find English wheel? for sheet aluminum...

From: [email-masked] (Matthew Jones)
Date: 6 Oct 1993 16:35:58 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] writes:
>I'm looking for an English wheel for working sheet aluminum for
>automotive body parts.  The only one I've found costs in the
>thousands.  Is there anything out there for less money?  I've
>heard of building one.  Does anyone know anything about this?

In Lindsay's Metal Working Book Catalog (previously called Technical
Book Catalog) there is a book on making and English Wheel.  Lindsay's
books specializes in making machinery for the home shop cheap.

I have not read this book but other books I have gotten from him were very 
good.

Address is in the FAQ.

Matthew Jones
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (John Haynie/Biology/SUNY/Geneseo/NY/14454)
Date: 6 Oct 1993 17:52 EST

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] writes...
>heard of building one.  Does anyone know anything about this?

There was some mention of this device a few months ago in 

	rec.aviation.homebuilt

You might post your request for info there or dig into the archives
(don't know where they are kept)

John