Subject: Re: Lock-tite

From: [email-masked] (Alan Kilian)
Date: 17 Aug 93 16:14:09 CDT

First I saw:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: [email-masked] (Volker Borchert)
Subject: Re: Lock-tite

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Harvey Hyde) writes:
|>    How do I remove a flywheel from a boat engine that was installed using
|> lock-tite (red tube) on the taper.

If possible, make it hot. Cyanacrylate glues will be destroyed below 200 C.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I saw:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: [email-masked] (John Kopf, X6305)
Subject: Re: Lock-tite

In article [email-masked], [email-masked] (Volker Borchert) writes:

> If possible, make it hot. Cyanacrylate glues will be destroyed below 2000C.

at 2000C, so will most metals.  Maybe 200C?

JK
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I noticed that if I cut an pasted the 200 C. from the first message I got:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If possible, make it hot. Cyanacrylate glues will be destroyed below 200\260C.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I think that Volker Borchert used a "degrees" symbol that is a 
funny non-ascii character.

                   -Alan Kilian

-- 
 -Alan Kilian           [email-masked] 612.683.5499 (Work) 612.721.3990 (Home)
"The cartesian coordinate system is racist, sexist and opressive" -Joan@Siggraph

---

From: [email-masked] (Volker Borchert)
Date: 18 Aug 1993 09:47:39 GMT

Sorry for the waste of bandwith.

As Alan Kilian suspected, I used the "degree" symbol from ISO 8859 Latin 1.

Cyanacrylate glues will decompose below two hundred degrees Celsius.

-- 

* "I'm a doctor, not a mechanic." Dr Leonard McCoy <[email-masked]> *
* "I'm a mechanic, not a doctor." Volker Borchert <[email-masked]>          *

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 18 Aug 93 10:27:14 PST

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Alan Kilian) writes:
>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> 
> 

But Still destroyed BELOW 200C?  I would think that it ought to be 
ABOVE 200C.  (This is C, not K, right?, and they did say HOT, not COLD)

			John.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 19 Aug 93 08:55:58 -0400

> ABOVE 200C.  (This is C, not K, right?, and they did say HOT, not COLD)

200 C is preety darn hot.  My loctite red says : 450 F to break. Thats 232 C.

eln

---

From: [email-masked] (Volker Borchert)
Date: 18 Aug 1993 09:47:39 GMT

--

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 18 Aug 93 10:27:14 PST

John.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 19 Aug 93 08:55:58 -0400

eln