Subject: Re: Lock-tite

From: [email-masked] (Alan Kilian)
Date: 17 Aug 93 16:14:09 CDT

First I saw:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: [email-masked] (Volker Borchert)
Subject: Re: Lock-tite

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Harvey Hyde) writes:
|>    How do I remove a flywheel from a boat engine that was installed using
|> lock-tite (red tube) on the taper.

If possible, make it hot. Cyanacrylate glues will be destroyed below 200 C.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I saw:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: [email-masked] (John Kopf, X6305)
Subject: Re: Lock-tite

In article [email-masked], [email-masked] (Volker Borchert) writes:

> If possible, make it hot. Cyanacrylate glues will be destroyed below 2000C.

at 2000C, so will most metals.  Maybe 200C?

JK
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I noticed that if I cut an pasted the 200 C. from the first message I got:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If possible, make it hot. Cyanacrylate glues will be destroyed below 200\260C.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I think that Volker Borchert used a "degrees" symbol that is a 
funny non-ascii character.

                   -Alan Kilian

-- 
 -Alan Kilian           [email-masked] 612.683.5499 (Work) 612.721.3990 (Home)
"The cartesian coordinate system is racist, sexist and opressive" -Joan@Siggraph