Subject: Re: Jewelry/Silver supplies by mail? (FAQMeister...Help!!)

From: [email-masked] (Peter Rukavina)
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1993 13:44:24 GMT

CRAFTS SUPPLIES INFORMATION AVAILABLE

Craftspersons looking for information on sources of supplies, materials, or
equipment can send electronic mail to address:

                [email-masked]

Please put "WANTED:" at the beginning of your subject line.
                
The "PEI Crafts Information Service" is service of the non-profit PEI Crafts
Council in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada.  We have an ever-growing
database of suppliers, covering all of the various crafts media; while we are
still in the midst of information gathering and data entry, there is much useful
information available now and we will respond to inquires as best we can. 

The bulk of our suppliers-on-file are located in North America, roughly half in
Canada and half in the U.S.A.  We can answer questions like "give me a list of
the ceramics suppliers east of the Mississippi," "where can I get a rug hooking
kit," or "who sells ConeArt kilns?" We can provide address, telephone, fax,
WATS number, a list of products sold and, where we have a catalogue on file,
more detailed information about specific products. We also track consumer
experiences with suppliers when we receive it. Actual contact with suppliers
for information and ordering is left to craftpersons themselves; we'll just
help find them. 

Those having information that they think would be a useful addition to the
database -- extra-North American submissions expecially -- are welcome to send
as much information as they can to address:

                [email-masked]
                 
Information will, for the time being, be provided free of charge; we welcome
donations to help us maintain the service and keep the information free
permanently.

-- 
----------- PETER RUKAVINA * Information Manager * PEI Crafts Council ----------
| Creating a worldwide database of suppliers to the crafts industry? KNOW ANY? |
+---- 156 Richmond St., Charlottetown, PEI CANADA  C1A 1H9 +1 902 566 1584 ----+
|  Me?  [email-masked]  *  Information?  [email-masked]  |