Subject: Re: Piloted drill source

From: [email-masked] (Toby Bradshaw)
Date: 27 Sep 1993 23:26:36 GMT

Thanks to all those who replied to my request for a source of piloted
drills for woodcutting.  MSC (800-645-7270) came up with the most
workable solution, a piloted counterbore.  These counterbores are
available in 1/64 increments with pilots of varying diameters, and
a perfect combination for my needs was found and ordered.  These
things are not real cheap, close to $30 for the counterbore and
pilot, but I expect them to do just what I want and save a lot of
setup time in the drill press.  Thanks especially to Chris Kent
Kantarjiev for suggesting MSC, an altogether impressively customer-
oriented business.

-Toby Bradshaw
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (ron ginger)
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1993 12:47:16 GMT

When I have needed to counterbore a hole in wood, I plug the hole with a
tight fitting dowel, drill the counterbore using the dowel as support
for the center spur of the drill, then knock out teh dowel in teh original hole.

 ron ginger