Subject: I got some new toys and I'm having a blast!

From: [email-masked] (Alan Kilian)
Date: 7 Oct 93 15:49:03 CDT

I just purchased a Sherline vertical mill and lathe. I also got a bunch
of accessories and tooling. I am having a great time making great gobs
of chips.

  I'll be posting things in the coming weeks about my progress with these
machines.

  I got them to make parts for various robot projects that I do.
So far (After three days) I have actually made a part I need!!

  I took a 1 Inch diameter aluminum rod, bored a 3/4 inch hole in the middle
(Well, roughly in the middle. I don't have an edge finder and I didn't do
 a very good job of centering the mill.)
so that I can fit two stepper motors into the tube and with two setscrews
I can hold them in place. I drilled and tapped the tube for the setscrews
and milled a slot for the wires to exit.

  It would have been better to start with a 1 Inch square stock, but I didn't
have any.

  If anyone has any questions about these small machines (Sherline says:
"Tools not toys") just Email or post and I'll try to answer them.

                    Have fun,
                       -Alan "SCREEEEEEECH/Klunk"  Kilian
                             (Just guess what that means)

-- 
 -Alan Kilian           [email-masked] 612.683.5499 (Work) 612.721.3990 (Home)
  US Patent #5,245,319 is mine. All mine. Mine, Mine, Mine. Ah Hahahahahaha.