Subject: Stove pipe for forge & wood burning stove

From: [email-masked] (Brett Miller)
Date: 4 Oct 93 16:41:00 GMT

I'd like to put in a flue for my forge and pot-belly stove.
>From what I've been able to figure from national/local fire codes
I'm going to have to use the double-wall (very expensive) stove pipe
for all inside piping.  I don't want to burn down my workshop, but
there's not much in the way of combustible material that would be near
the pipe.  (My workshop seems to have had aspirations to become an
airplane hanger.)  Has anyone been in a similar situation?  My wood-burning
stove is a small pot-belly and my forge is a small portable farrier's
coal-burning forge.  All the forge really needs is a hood over it.
However, I can see building a brick forge in the future, so a better vent
system might be worthwhile.

Thanks for any info,
Brett
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Brett Miller
Comshare Inc, Ann Arbor MI
[email-masked]

*********************************************************************
* The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Comshare. *
* In fact, they might not even be mine.  I'm just argumentative.    *
*********************************************************************