Subject: Retarding/preventing tarnish on copper wire

From: [email-masked] (Jim Jones)
Date: 18 Aug 1993 22:20:15 GMT

We do wire jewelry with sterling silver wire, and practice new designs with 
copper wire.  Copper's actually quite attractive, but it tarnishes
quickly; most people don't want to bother with it as jewelry.  Even
so, some designs look very nice in copper.  Has anybody heard of a 
tarnish-retarding or -preventing coating that I could apply to copper
jewelry?

Thanks in advance,

Jim Jones

--
"I have the terrible feeling that, because I have a white beard and am sitting
 in the back of the theater, you expect me to tell you the truth about
 something.  These are the cheap seats, not Mount Sinai." Orson Welles, 
 "Someone to Love."

---

From: [email-masked] (Steve Lindsay)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 93 03:39:09 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (J
m Jones) writes:
>We do wire jewelry with sterling silver wire, and practice new designs w
th 
>"I have the terrible feeling that, because I have a white beard and am s
tting
> something.  These are the cheap seats, not Mount Sinai." Orson Welles, 

Shellac would work or maybe baking enamel.

---

From: [email-masked] (Bill Thomas)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1993 16:17:41 GMT

You can stabilizer the copper and retain the red colour by using a mixture
of 50% copper and gold.

---

From: [email-masked] (Steve Lindsay)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 93 03:39:09 GMT

th 
tting

---

From: [email-masked] (Bill Thomas)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1993 16:17:41 GMT