Subject: WANTED: An old hot-plate, and some education!

From: [email-masked] (M B Wehr (Bruce))
Date: 23 Sep 1993 18:17:30 GMT

Hello,

  I am about to explore the world of jewelry making at home using the
  lost wax steam casting method.  To do this, I need an old electric hot
  plate.

  I understand that the old hot-plates are usually >1000 watts (as
  opposed to the 750 watt modern ones).  Also, I understand that, as
  long as it's turned on, the element is going (as opposed to the
  thermostatically controlled modern ones).  This has got to get the
  interior of a plaster mold red hot!

  If you have an old hot plate laying around (or know of somebody that
  does), please drop me a line.

  Also, if anybody knows of any community colleges or high school adult
  education programs that teach this practice (or, jewelry
  making/metalworking in general) I'd like to hear about that, too.

  Thanks!

--
             \       Bruce Wehr ([email-masked])      /            
*--------------\   Ford Motor Company - Electronics Division   /--------------*
 \ Electronics Technical Center - Powertrain Electronic Controls Engineering /
   *-- 17000 Rotunda Drive, Room B360, Dearborn, MI  48121 (313)248-5530 --*