Subject: NEW MAILGROUP for INSTRUMENT BUILDERS!

From: [email-masked] (Clark Battle)
Date: 22 Nov 1993 00:08:01 GMT

========================= Instrument Builders ==============================

  I am starting a mail group for those interested in designing and building 
musical instruments. The list will be distributed in journal format whenever
it gets big enough. It will be a non-moderated group unless a post is too far
off topic or *far* beyond the realms of good taste. 

  Topics will include design ideas, building techniques, reviews of literature, 
where to get stuff, materials, experimental instruments, gadgets, tools, 
marketing, seminars, and anything else of interest to builders & designers. I 
suspect that the focus will be on stringed instruments since they are probably 
the easiest to build and most often built. However, any instrument class is 
open for discussion: wind, percussion, keyboard, acoustic, electric, electronic.

  I'm using a home brew mailing list manager program to compile the list and
take care of subscribers. I'm running the whole thing from my own account and
if all goes well I wont have to deal with any requests manually. To join the 
list send mail to [email-masked] with the subject header "SUBSCRIBE" and 
nothing in the body. Please dont send a subject like "Hey, sign me up!" I'd
like the software to be able handle this as much as possible. To unsubscribe use 
"UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject header and nothing in the body. To post use
"POST <subject>" in the subject field where <subject> is whatever subject you
want to add to the message.  Dont forget the POST part or it may be delayed.

  This is a new group so dont be a lurker, lets get it off the ground with lots 
of discussion. What have you built? What have you designed? Why do you build? 
Are you a pro? Do you have any horror stories? Any advice for new builders? Do 
you have experience working with odd materials like graphite? Your post just 
might make it into a FAQ!

=============================================================================

---

From: [email-masked] (Nick Rothwell)
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1993 23:28:22 +0000

Are you including software instruments?

                   Nick Rothwell | "That's the Waldorf set for General MIDI."
CASSIEL Contemporary Music/Dance | "FZZIIIIAAAAOOOOUUUMMMMMM ZUMZUPZUMZUP..."
     [email-masked] | "Is that 'STRINGS 1'?"
     [email-masked] | "Yeah. You got a problem with that?"