Subject: Thanks, Gingery, Stainless

From: [email-masked] (Rod Barman)
Date: 14 Dec 1993 16:55:55 GMT

First, thanks to Tony Poole, Doug White and <[email-masked]> for their
comments on calipers and micrometers.  I've decided to get good quality
digital calipers and add import-quality micrometers as the need arises.

Second, where is a good source to get the Gingery books?  My library
has the sheet metal brake book (vol.7) but I would like to get some of
the others.  A place that does mail-order would be perfect.  This
question doesn't seem to be answered in the FAQ.

Third, is there any undesirable side-effects from using stainless steel
bolts in aluminum?  I know that you have to use anti-seize compound
with regular steel bolts and I wondering if stainless would make the
corrosion problem worse or better?  I'm considering replacing a number
of non-structural bolts on an aluminum engine block with stainless.

Thanks again --rod.
--
--
Rod Barman, IRIS NCE @ Laboratory for Computational Intelligence, 
University of British Columbia
[email-masked]