Subject: Unfreezing Camera

From: [email-masked] (Bruce E Johnson)
Date: 27 Dec 1993 19:02:36 GMT

I have an old camera that I have been told is unrepairable; I
suspect that it's not, but that repairing it would cost more than it's
worth. To me this is a BIG green light, get out those screwdrivers and
plier's, folk's, damn the brass screws, we're goin' IN!

	Of course, I would like to end up with a usable camera.

	The problem is that the focussing mechanism has frozen with time;
the camera repair shop said that the brass sleeve had corroded, and frozen
the works.  This is a brass threaded sleeve that the aluminum fosusing
ring turns around, moving the lens in and out to focus it.  The camera was
made in the early '50's. Does anyone have any ideas about what I could use
to help loosen the corrosion, so I can get it apart and clean it?  The
lens is off the body, but the shutter and iris mechanism's are still in
place. Thanks for any ideas,

	Bruce Johnson
	The University of Arizona
	[email-masked] play
	[email-masked] work

	My opininons, Mine, Mine, all Mine!  Bwahahahaha!