Subject: WD40-What's it good for?

From: [email-masked] (Greg Lewis)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1993 02:02:12 GMT

There are a lot of rumors and stories floating around about WD40...
what it's good for and what it's not; as well as some rather bizzare
applications. Some say it contains water, others say no. Some say it
contains alcohol. People use it for a rust protectant, but some say it
is no better than any other oil. Is it good for clocks? To spray into
a wet distributor? I'd particularly like to know if it is usable as a
cutting or tapping fluid. It smells good, so like most other things
that smell, taste or feel good, is it bad for you? One guy even says
it helps his arthritic joints!

So how about a thread on WD40? 

Let's separate the facts from the fiction. If you have first-hand
experience with WD40, how about a comment? But be fair. If your
experience is based on only one incident, either good or bad, that may
be a result of coincidence or other factors. Be sure of your facts,
and let's not libel the WD40 company. And if you have any bizzare
stories or rumors, please label them as such. 

___________________________________________________________________
[email-masked]
Photojournalism sequence, Department of Mass Communication and Journalism
CSU Fresno, Fresno, CA 93740-0010