Subject: H2O2 Torch questions!?

From: [email-masked] (JOSEPH A. ZELINSKI)
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1993 06:20:10 GMT

To Jim Jaski:
   I am intrigued by your description of the Oxy/Hydrogen torch fueled by
 electrolysis of water. Can you provide the readers with some more in depth
 info? Such as brand name of this rig?
   Are there two separate electrolysis chambers in the box or just one? How
 are the resulting gases pressurized sufficiently  to operate the torch?
 How large is the orifice in the torch tip? Is the 110 AC rectified to provide
 DC current for this process?
   I have used H2/O2 torches primarily for working Quartz, and I concur with
 your statements about the heat output and flame cleanliness, and also about
 the safety aspects of using/storing pressurized cylinders in the work area.
 Please enlighten us further!!
                                                    Cheers, Joe.
                                                    [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Neil R. Marsh)
Date: 26 Nov 1993 09:48:07 -0800

>  info? Such as brand name of this rig?

        SWest (10803 Composite Drive, Dallas, TX 75220, 214/350-4011)
offers the Rey Hydroflux.  The Hydroflux Welder offered by Rio Grande
Albuquerque (6901 Washington NE, Albuquerque, NM  87109, 800/545-6566)
appears to be the same unit.  Both are priced at just under $1,000 in
the catalogs I have here (a year or two old).  

Cheers!
Neil
Proprietor, Some Sort of Silversmith
--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neil Marsh  [email-masked] -or- [email-masked]  Chehalis, WA USA
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neil Marsh  [email-masked] -or- [email-masked]  Chehalis, WA USA