Subject: silverworking

From: JimJusten <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1993 02:16:38 GMT

Hello!
        Im wondering how much of this newsgroup will deal with
!litttle metal!
i.e. jewelry work. My girlfriend is interested, and quite a good
silversmith..but rather frightened by the mere mention of Iron!
Thanks!

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 DEC 93 23:21:26 EST

Hi! If this metalworking group is sopposed to be just Iron working then they
had better tell me so I can take and start my own group.
My name is Chris Fuhr I'm a Silversclpturist.
I'm also put off by iron working but mostly because in casting you look at
irongrindings as a contamanation, that never realy go away.
So I talk with Iron workers, barter with them, and mostly farm out my iron tool
needs to them.  So lets hear from the little lady and find out what tools she
has and what she's into making. I'll tell you about mine if you tell me about
yours.
Boy dos'nt that sound like it belongs on the alt. sexlife bulletin boards.  O
yes my appoligies I don't spell very well, nor do I talk with the most
diplomacy.
I havent even figured out how to get this antecque to Do a pharagraph yet, but
I'm a nice guy and brutly honest.

---

From: [email-masked] (Emily Breed)
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 1994 02:48:52 GMT

>silversmith..but rather frightened by the mere mention of Iron!

There's a mailing list set up for jewelry discussion, including lapidary 
stuff.  The admin address is [email-masked].  I think 
it's automated, so try sending a note with just "HELP" in the text.  The 
more resources available, the better, no?

Emily Breed                                                  [email-masked]