Subject: anodizing a handful o parts

From: [email-masked] (Bathsheba Grossman)
Date: 21 Dec 1993 11:45:43 -0500

I rather desperately need anodizing done in small quantities: a few dozen
parts at a time.  The volume I anticipate doesn't seem to justify investing
in my own setup, even if I knew what I was doing and had room for it, but
I haven't had any luck locating a commercial service.  The phone book has
entries under Anodizing, but they aren't very friendly (in fact, they
behave like pond scum) to the small occasional.  

So, does someone know who would do this in the New York area, or by mail?
Thanks.

-Sheba

---

From: [email-masked] (Ed Richley)
Date: 21 Dec 1993 18:46:16 GMT

There are two local plating shops that our machine shop uses. I've
taken some aluminum to one of them for black anodization. They
were pretty obnoxious, but they did it. Basically, a small pile
of parts like you could hold in both hands (a dozen or so parts
of a few inches typical dimension) fell in under the $50 minimum.
Thus, I conclude that plating shops will do a shoebox full of
parts for about $50. Look under "plating" in the yellow pages.

Ed Richley
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Ed Richley)
Date: 21 Dec 1993 18:46:16 GMT

Ed Richley
[email-masked]