Subject: Forge hand-crank blower value?

From: [email-masked] (JON A HAWKINS)
Date: 24 Jan 1994 03:49:13 GMT

At an auction today, my friend and I purchased an old forge that had a bunch 
of neat tools such as swages, fullers, chisels, etc.  It also came with this 
hand-crank blower.  It's made by Champion Blower and Forge Co., and "No. 
400" was on it.  The most recent patent date on it was April 15, 1902, for 
whatever that's worth.  We were wondering what such a blower is worth 
today.  It seems to be in reasonable condition, and I just want to know how 
tightly I should hang onto it.  Thanks.

						Jon Hawkins
						[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 24 Jan 94 11:00:14 -0500

> tightly I should hang onto it.  Thanks.
If in good condition, i.e., smooth function, no grinding, clanking, etc.
with a base and tripod, you can get $75 - $125 at most Florida
blacksmith's meetings (of course, it all depends on just how much
the potential customer really *wants* the blower...)
 Steve Bloom (IronFlower Forge)

---

From: [email-masked] (Ralph Snel)
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 1994 17:03:58 GMT

> tightly I should hang onto it.  Thanks.

I bought a similar one (Bahco) for the equivalent of $25. I considered
it a bargain...

Ralph
[email-masked]