Subject: Re: Handgun fabrication

From: [email-masked] (Bruce E Johnson)
Date: 12 Jan 1994 23:14:00 GMT

There was a lengthy discussion of this subject about a month ago
on rec.guns; the general consensus is that federal regulations don't
prohibit you from making a functional weapon, as long as it isn't
essentially, a machine gun, sawed off shotgun, or any other weapon that
fed law prohibits, AS LONG AS you don't try to sell what you made.  In
other words, for personal consumption, anything goes. No FFL license
required. 

	State regs, however may vary widely

	But the best legal advice in this area is still:
		 Obey the Eleventh Commandment!

	Bruce Johnson
	The University of Arizona
	[email-masked] play
	[email-masked] work

	My opininons, Mine, Mine, all Mine!  Bwahahahaha!

---

From: [email-masked] (Howard Anders)
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 1994 00:58:00 GMT

Pls excuse my ignorance, but what is "The Eleventh Commandement?"

---

From: [email-masked] (Jack Mcbryde)
Date: 14 Jan 1994 05:03:12 GMT

>Pls excuse my ignorance, but what is "The Eleventh Commandement?"

Well... I'd guess that it's the one that says:

  "Thou shalt not get caught."

jack
--
jack      [email-masked]           * All I ask of Thee, Lord
* Christ died for our sins.  Dare we    * Is to be a drinker and fornicator
* make his martyrdom meaningless by     * An unbeliever and a sodomite
* not committing them? - Jules Feiffer  * And then to die. - Claude de Chauvigny

---

From: [email-masked] (Bruce E Johnson)
Date: 14 Jan 1994 18:57:34 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
>Pls excuse my ignorance, but what is "The Eleventh Commandement?"

	Sorry about the obscurity...I stole it from an old Robert
Heinlein book (Past through Tomorrow?...anyway the big book about Lazarus
Long) :

	The Eleventh Commandment: Don't Get Caught

	Bruce Johnson