Subject: Swords

From: [email-masked] (Peter Philips)
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1993 19:13:38 GMT

Does anyone out there make swords?  I know it is somewhat of an usual
request but I have always had an intersted in these and have collected them
for several years now.  I feel an urge to get another one for my collection
but cannot afford the $150+ for a new one.  ANy comments?  Please dont
reply on the newsgroup as I do not monitor it regularly.  EMAIL is
preffered.  Thanks
 
Peter
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (bill nelson)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1993 20:43:13 GMT

[email-masked] (Peter Philips) writes:
: Does anyone out there make swords?  I know it is somewhat of an usual
: request but I have always had an intersted in these and have collected them
: for several years now.  I feel an urge to get another one for my collection
: but cannot afford the $150+ for a new one.  ANy comments?  Please dont
: reply on the newsgroup as I do not monitor it regularly.  EMAIL is
: preffered.  Thanks

I am going to post here anyway - i case others are curious.

Any sword that costs less than $150 is going to be junk.  It takes a lot
of work and time to make a sword. Most people are not willing to work for
$1-$2 an hour.  There are many people who could produce a sword for under
$150 - but they would not be of a quality to go in a collection.

Bill

---

From: [email-masked] (bill nelson)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1993 20:43:13 GMT

Bill