Subject: Steam engine design book wanted

From: [email-masked]
Date: 11 Jan 94 13:49:50 MST

I've found a reference to a book titled "Steam Engine Design" which is
no longer available.  Does anybody have a copy they would sell?  Or does
anybody know of an available book that covers the priciples of steam
engine design and the common examples of the various designs?

email please

Thanks,
Jim                 [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Roger Mitchell)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 1994 14:57:26 GMT

[email-masked] wrote:
: I've found a reference to a book titled "Steam Engine Design" which is
: no longer available.  Does anybody have a copy they would sell?  Or does
: anybody know of an available book that covers the principles of steam
: engine design and the common examples of the various designs?

Live Steam and Modeltec Magazines have had numerous articles on the design of
just about all known types of steam engines including those used for traction,
railway, stationary, marine, and even aircraft use.

				Roger Mitchell
	  			President and Master Mechanic
	  			Fort Collins Municipal Railway