Subject: Sherline Lathe CNC parts for sale or swap

From: [email-masked] (Michael J. Edelman)
Date: 13 Jan 1994 18:55:04 GMT

I have a set of parts removed from a Sherline lathe that was converted to CNC. I
removed the parts, as I don't really need the capability, and would like to sell
them or swap them for something I can use.

The assemblies consist of stepper motors, custom or custom modified leadscrews,
and a number of stock and modified Sherline parts, including a cross slide table, 
thrust bearings, brass nut, motor mounting plates and other bits. The assemblies
are basically 'drop in' kits; the cross slide assembly is installed by unscrewing
the stock cross slide, screwing in the new assembly, and moving over the handwheel.
The leadscrew asssembly is installed by simply unscrewing the leadscrew thrust washer,
removing the existing leadscrew and related parts, and replacing them with the
CNC assembly- which includes a handwheel.

I don't have any details on the motors, but Cardinal Engineering, from whom I
bought the lathe, tells me their hardware and software could easily drive them,
as could any good stepper driver.

I'm asking only $175 for everything- cheap, if you were to go out and do this from 
scratch. Offers? Swaps? Polaroid photos are available to those seriously interested.

--mike edelman   [email-masked]