Subject: Making O gage live steam engine?

From: [email-masked] (Dale Eason)
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1993 21:48:42 GMT

I am interested in leaning how to make a O gage live steam engine.  Does 
anyone know of any good books or catalogues about it.  I have just 
subscribed to the Live Steam magazine so I know what is in there.

Does anyone know where I can brouse through back issues of Live Steam in the
The Minneapolis/St Paul area?
Thanks.
dale.eason@.stpaul.ncr.com

---

From: [email-masked] (Gary huntress)
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 94 13:19:27 GMT

>The Minneapolis/St Paul area?

I'm planning on (someday) building a 7.25" live steam engine myself.  I
believe it was in this group that someone recommended

  Power Model Supply Co
  Rt. 1, Box 177
  N.W. Corr. Hwy. 67 & Long Rd.
  De Soto, M  63020

  (314) 586-6466

they have detailed engineering drawings for about 15 different engines
and I think they are about $30.00 each.  They also carry a lot of bar, rod
brass, aluminum, stainless, copper, etc.  Lotsa neat stuff.

Gary H.
Live Steamer in the Making!

---

From: [email-masked] (Mark A Fleming)
Date: 10 Jan 1994 18:17:27 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
>>subscribed to the Live Steam magazine so I know what is in there.

     Check your Live Steam for the ad by Little Engines.  They sell plans and
castings for 2-6-2, 4-6-4, 2-8-2, and 4-8-4 O gauge engines.  Get just the
plans and castings - you can save a bundle using your own stock instead of
what they supply.  I made a half-hearted attempt at building the 4-8-4 before
moving on to 1/2" scale.  I may move on to 7.5" scale one day, when I can
afford to transport several hundred lbs. of pig iron!

--
Mark A. Fleming           Texas A&M University           [email-masked]

  ``It often happens, with regard to new inventions, that one part of     
  the general public finds them useless and another part considers them   
  to be impossible.  When it becomes clear that the possibility and       
  usefulness can no longer be denied, most agree that the whole thing     
  was fairly easy to discover and that they knew about it all along.''    
         Abraham Edelcrantz, A Treatise on Telegraphs, 1796               
-- 
Mark A. Fleming           Texas A&M University           [email-masked]

  ``It often happens, with regard to new inventions, that one part of     
  the general public finds them useless and another part considers them

---

From: [email-masked] (John Haskey)
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 1994 00:30:36 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
>castings for 2-6-2, 4-6-4, 2-8-2, and 4-8-4 O gauge engines.  Get just the

	I would be wary of Little Engines.  Since the company was bought
and moved to Colorado I've heard nothing but bad stories about their products,
service, etc.  If you're going to get castings I'd make sure they have them
all at the time of order else you may have a devil of a time completing your
projects. 

								---john.

-- 
[email-masked] ------------------ This post contains 100% personal opinion!
"...there are at least 9 Redwood Drives in Santa Cruz county, plus 5 Roads, 
4 Avenues, 3 Places, 3 Streets, 2 Terraces, 2 Ways, and 1 each of a Lane and
a Circle, all, presumably named for the Redwood Tree." -S.C. County Place Names