Subject: Milling in the Home Workshop

From: [email-masked] (Paul Jones)
Date: 22 Jan 1994 23:45:21 GMT

In the Sep/Oct 1993 issue of HSM, the part 2 article, "Thoughts on
Selecting Vertical Mills" by Thomas F. Howard lists a book entitled
"Milling in the Home Workshop" by Arnold Throp, published by
Argus House in England.

They informed me that the book has been out of print for some time.
The giant Big 10 University library mere blocks from my house
doesn't even have a copy.  Does anyone know were I can get a copy
or have one they could have copied for me?  I'll be glad to pay for it
as long as it's reasonable.

Is there some other equivalent book along the same lines?
(I already have "Machine Shop Practice" by Moltrecht).

Thx,
PJ

------
Paul Jones,  Motorola MCG                           [email-masked]
1101 E. University Ave.                             Voice: (217) 384-8529
Urbana, IL 61801, USA                               FAX:   (217) 384-8550

---

From: [email-masked] (Clive Washington)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 1994 13:36:22 +0000

> "Milling in the Home Workshop" by Arnold Throp, published by

This is generally available in the UK.  Try TEE publishing, Edwards Centre,
Regent St., Hinckley, Leicester.  They specialize in out-of-print
enginnering,
live steam, etc.

---

From: [email-masked] (Steve Hampson)
Date: 24 Jan 1994 23:16:11 GMT

> (I already have "Machine Shop Practice" by Moltrecht).

I believe this is the book:  "Vertical Milling in the Home Workshop" by
Arnold Throp, book #2 in the Workshop Practice Series from Argus.  It
is
listed in the current Centaur Forge catalog, number BK563, for $11.75.
Their phone number is 1-800-666-9175.

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul Jones)
Date: 25 Jan 1994 14:19:46 GMT

>Their phone number is 1-800-666-9175.

Thanks to all for their responses.  I have several leads now.

------