Subject: Chain Mail

From: [email-masked] (Chance)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 1994 00:04:41 UTC

Sorry about the anon. posting, but I'm using a friend's account.

I'm in the SCA and have been doing chain mail (or more correctly, mail)
for the past few years. I've got the oversized forearms and calloused
hand to prove it.

I've managed to do three shirts, two coifs, and various bikinis, bishops
mantles, juggling balls, belts, bracelets, etc. and I'm working on a 
pair of pants right now.

All the stuff I've done is butted mail. Consideding the time involved
in making riveted or welded mail, it's just to expensive to sell.

As for the number of links in a shirt, my personal one weights 25 lbs.
and there are about 800 links per pounds (I thinks that's about right).

Chance
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
To find out more about the anon service, send mail to [email-masked].
Due to the double-blind, any mail replies to this message will be anonymized,
and an anonymous id will be allocated automatically. You have been warned.
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to [email-masked].