Subject: Diamond Bandsaw Blades

From: [email-masked] (JOSEPH A. ZELINSKI)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1993 04:46:27 GMT

To John De Armond, WD4OQC:
    Would you kindly post the name(s) of the mfgr. or distributor of the
  Stainless backed diamond bandsaw blades you referred to in your earlier
  posting? I would find such a blade very useful -*especially*- at the price
  you mentioned. I have used  steel disc type diamond saws (14" dia. @ 3450 rpm)
  to cut a wide variety of unusual materials, such as alumina , zirconia, and
  quartz . Certainly glass would be cut with ease with a bandsaw blade of the
  type you describe. Please don't leave us all in suspense!
                                                        Cheers, Joe.
                                                        Joe Zelinski
                                                        [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (John De Armond)
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 93 05:48:28 GMT

[email-masked] (JOSEPH A. ZELINSKI) writes:

>  you mentioned. 

Coincidentally I got a flyer from these folks today.  Unfortunately
there has been a small price increase.  The stainless steel blade is
now $89.95.  The old blade is now $60.  The Gryphon-clone saw, the 
Diamond Laser 1000S (an enhanced version of my saw) is $295.  
Other than kicking myself for not buying earlier, the blade increase is 
of no major concern to me since the blade seems to last forever.

The company is Stained Glass Workshop in Syosset, NY.  800 669-7151.
In NY, 516 496-7593.

John

-- 
John De Armond, WD4OQC                   | For a free sample magazine, send
Performance Engineering Magazine(TM)     | a digest-size 52 cent SASE 
Marietta, Ga     "Love America"          | (Domestic) to PO Box 669728
[email-masked]    "Hate its government"   | Marietta, GA 30066
Email to me may be published at my sole discretion.