Subject: Re: Handgun fabrication

From: [email-masked] (Eric Perozziello)
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 94 21:36:22 GMT

>Tom> Does anyone know of plans for fabricating handguns, say a copy of an old 
>Tom> Colt, S&W, etc., complete with dimensions, materials, heat treatment, 
>Tom> metal finishes, etc?  Seems like a great winter project.  I am aware of 
>Tom> places which sell kits, but I'm curious about scratch fabrication.
>
>Please be aware that you will need a FFL Manufacturing license if you
>plan to proceed with this, or do you like striped pajamas as your
>daily attire?

Uh, not if they're non-functional replicas. So what if they're just
one pin short of a "working" model, Hillary will have to catch me 
at it. Of course, if I *were* to get caught and end up in striped
pajamas, I have the pleasure of knowing that her husband is getting
closer every day to joining me, as his sleaziness is unfolded each
night on the TV news    :^)

(Starting to sound like watergate, only bigger)

-- 
--
Governments that don't trust honest people with weapons, deserve no trust.

---

From: [email-masked] (Eric Perozziello)
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 94 22:58:50 GMT

>>Does anyone know of plans for fabricating handguns, say a copy of an old 
>>Colt, S&W, etc., complete with dimensions, materials, heat treatment, 
>>metal finishes, etc?  Seems like a great winter project.  I am aware of 
>>places which sell kits, but I'm curious about scratch fabrication.
>
>   Dixie Gun Works (Knoxville, Tenn?) sells supplies for fabricating

Union City, TN (sort of N.W. Tenn, north east of Memphis). They do have
a neat place there!

Do you happen to have the name of a place selling plans/dimensions
for modern firearms?  Any good books for the novice machinist?
 
>   Also: take a gun safety or hunting safety course if you haven't
>lately.  Not only do you learn proper gun handling, you might also get
>the opportunity to see what can happen with badly-made guns.  It's
>really scary.

I second that one. 

-Eric