Subject: Help on gunsmithing

From: [email-masked]
Date: 22 Dec 93 18:19:31 -0600

Can anyone point me in the direction of finding technical
publications on gunsmithing? Also, are their any trade
publications or periodicals on this subject?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

                         Mike

---

From: Doug White <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 93 09:26:25 -0500

> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
The best place to start is to get a Brownells catalog.  I don't have an
address here, but they might be in the FAQ, and they advertise in the
American Rifleman.  If you want to get into gunsmithing, I assume you
are an NRA member.  The Brownells catalog contains tools, parts, books, 
and materials for the majority of any gunsmithing project you might have 
in mind.  The catalog is an education in itself.  If you have an FFL,
or can convince them that you are a legitimate gunsmith, the catalog
prices have a hidden discount, otherwise they are a bit pricey.  They
sell some tools good for general shop work that are unavailable 
elesewhere.  They have a tapping guide that has saved me many a busted 
tap over the years.

Doug White
MIT Lincoln Laboratory

---

From: [email-masked] (David A. Sticha)
Date: 23 Dec 1993 17:38:40 GMT

>elesewhere.  They have a tapping guide that has saved me many a busted 

Brownell's
200S. Front St.
Montezuma, IA
50171
515-623-5401 phone
515-623-3896 fax

Catalog is $3.75, will take VISA over the phone for it. But I got mine for
free. Don't know why, they just never asked. They carry many books with
info you can't find in a lot of the "home gunsmith" type of books. I highly
recommend them.

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Dave Sticha ([email-masked])
 Motorola Cellular Infrastructure Group - Arlington Heights IL
 "If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------