Subject: Re: Electrical Discharge Machining

From: [email-masked] (Bob Neidorff)
Date: Mon, 2 May 1994 16:25:44 GMT

There were a few EDM notes in articles by Don Lancaster which were
published in Electronics Now/Radio Electronics, but they were very 
basic.  They mentioned building a plastic box, getting carbon 
electrodes, filling with fluid, and making a simple electronics box 
(diodes and capacitors) which drew the arc directly from the power 
line.  Really primative, dangerous, and cheap.  They used a light 
bulb as a current limiter, if I recall.

Personally, I have seen the Electonics Now articles, and I would 
wait to see HSM before building anything.

-- 
Bob Neidorff; Unitrode I. C. Corp.  |  Internet: [email-masked]
7 Continental Blvd.                 |  Voice   : (US) 603-429-8541
Merrimack, NH  03054-0399 USA       |  FAX     : (US) 603-424-3460

---

From: [email-masked] (Daniel R. Mauch)
Date: Sun, 08 May 94 07:33:04 PDT

> wait to see HSM before building anything.

I agree that some of the EDM stuff is fairly dangerous. It seems like 
most good rigs have about 5 amps at 100 volts. I sure hope the HSM 
article is published soon. /s

-- 
[] SEANEWS [] Seattle Public Access Usenet News + Mail [] +1 206 614 0048 []
[email-masked]