Subject: Re: Update to Part 4 of FAQ

From: [email-masked] (Will Martin)
Date: 2 Mar 1994 07:35:42 -0600

Update to the following entry in part 4 of the r.c.m FAQ:

   -  Borel and Frei
      712 S. Olive St.
      Los Angeles, CA 90014
      (800)654-9591, (213)689-7007, (213)533-7008 fax

      Tools for jewelry-making, perhaps more.

Change to:

   -  Borel and Frei
      712 S. Olive St.,Suite 318
      Los Angeles, CA 90014
      (800)654-9591 [National], (800)252-9392 [CA] (213)689-7007, 
      (213)488-0485 FAX

      Also has Kansas City office:
      
      Jules Tools (Jules Borel & Co.)
      1110 Grand Ave.
      Kansas City, MO 64106
      (800)776-6858 orders, (800)776-6865 cust. service, (816)421-6110,
      (800)776-6862 FAX

      Jewelers' tools: main 172-page catalog "T" is color, slick paper, but
      no prices specified -- no separate price list was enclosed. Also offer
      catalog "J" of jewelry, catalog "H" of horological (watchmaking)
      supplies, and catalog "F" of jewelry findings. Specialty Tool
      catalog "T<year>S" is 50 pages (B&W only) and does have prices.

*************

Regards, Will

---

From: [email-masked] (Emily Breed)
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 1994 18:07:10 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
>      catalog "T<year>S" is 50 pages (B&W only) and does have prices.

When you phone Borel & Frei (or Frei & Borel, as I've always heard them 
called), tell them that you want the price list as well.  It's a small 
booklet printed on newsprint that gives prices for all the items in the 
catalog.

Up till now, F&B have been the only supply place I've dealt with, 
because they're local.  However, I'm dissatisfied enough with their 
attitude on the phone and when I stop by to pick up from "will call" that 
I'm doing some serious shopping around now.  YMMV, of course.

Emily Breed                                                  [email-masked]