Subject: Mastercam post processors

From: [email-masked]
Date: 16 Mar 94 08:40:35 PST

Does anyone in this group use Mastercam?   I am attempting
to write a post processor for the Bandit controller (Summit / 
Dana Industrial).   The supplied documentation on writing
post processors is poor and my progress is slow.   If anyone
has written a Mastercam post processor, I would like to
talk with you.   Of course, an already-written post processor
for the Bandit would be even better!    :-)

I am a CNC novice (I only have access at the local college).
My main problem is lack of knowledge of what is *required*
to be included, versus what is optional.   This is compounded
by the fact that the Bandit is the only controller I know
anything about (and not much, at that).   This makes it
difficult to compare and contrast existing post processors.

I am doing this as a charity job for the local college, but
hope to gain experience for the day I finally get my own
CNC mill (or retrofit my manual one).   Since I can only
afford to spend one evening a week on this project, it is
likely to take a looooong time.   Any help would be very
much appreciated.

--  Alan E. Frisbie               [email-masked]
--  Flying Disk Systems, Inc.
--  4759 Round Top Drive          (213) 256-2575 (voice)
--  Los Angeles, CA 90065         (213) 258-3585 (FAX)