Subject: Sand casting

From: [email-masked] (MarcK3)
Date: 13 May 1994 00:19:05 -0400

In reply to 
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
>
>I am now in the process of gathering materials for a book and some smaller 
>publications on the sand-design techniques and I would like to hear 
>from anyone interested in learning more about the process. ...

Hank
 You might want to contact Dave Roberts at Oklahoma State Univ.  in Stillwater
OK.  He has been making sand castings, mostly in aluminum, for several
years.Hank
 You might want to contact Dave Roberts at Oklahoma State Univ.  in Stillwater
OK.  He has been making sand castings, mostly in aluminum, for several years. 
I was one of his students in the mid 80's.  I never made any castings in his
class but have done some small scale jewelry sand castings recently.  Dave used
that blue Styrofoam, used in housing construction, for his models and would
then pour the metal right into the Styrofoam vaporizing it out of the mold.  He
also did some castings with some kind of resin and sand mix that would harden
and then could provide some great details