Subject: BRIDGEPORT PARTS ?

From: [email-masked] (Ron Thompson)
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 1994 11:54:11 GMT

I AM CONSIDERING BUYING A MILL WITH A MISSING HEAD. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF
ONE THAT MIGHT BE FOR SALE? THE MOTOR AND THE ALUMINUM CASTING SEEM TO 
BE THERE, BUT I AM NOT SURE IF THERE ARE ENOUGH OTHER PARTS SCATTERED 
AROUND TO EVEN CONSIDER BUYING PARTS TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER. I AM SURE
TRYING TO REBUILD IT FROM PARTS IS NOT THE ECONOMICAL WAY TO GO. THE 
ONLY PRICE I HAVE ON A NEW HEAD IS FROM 1968...I WOULD GLADLY PAY THAT !

I COULD USE PHONE NUMBERS FOR COMPANIES THAT MIGHT SELL HEADS. I COULD 
EVEN USE A PHONE NUMBER FOR BRIDGEPORT. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

THANKS Ron

Ron Thompson                      |     Internet:  [email-masked]
Psychology Dept.                  |     Voice:     904-644-5563
Florida State University          |     FAX:       904-644-7739
Tallahassee,  FL 32306-1051

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 28 Feb 94 08:12:11 -0800

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Ron Thompson) writes:
> Ron;

    Unfortunatly buying a new head from Bridgeport is not the economical
way to go. A new variable speed head is under $6000.00, yes that's just
the head. I don't know how much a step head is it would be cheaper
but not much I'm sure. I have seen new Taiwanese heads for around $2000
but I wouldn't buy one.

   Bridgeport's phone # is 1-800-242-2404.