Subject: FAQ - existing or starting?

From: [email-masked] (Bob Powell)
Date: Thu, 5 May 1994 21:19:59 GMT

What was that about a machining / metalworking FAQ?  If there is one, 
someone please say so before I start one myself.  If there isn't, 
any contributions would be most appreciated.

I'm 6 months into the "self-taught process" and have lots of
suggestions for sources of materials and information, but not 
much wisdom about what equipment to buy and how to best use it.

thanks

Bob

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (James Kirkpatrick)
Date: 6 May 94 17:00:40 MDT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Bob Powell) writes:

|>What was that about a machining / metalworking FAQ?  If there is one, 
|>someone please say so before I start one myself.  If there isn't, 
|>any contributions would be most appreciated.

I've been maintaining and posting the metalworking FAQ since the group
started.  It was last posted at the beginning of the month, though
some news systems ignore my Expires: header and won't keep it around
for the requested 30 days.

If it isn't on your news system, you can ftp it from plains.uwyo.edu
in the metal subdirectory.  Suggestions/additions are certainly welcome.

Jim