Subject: Plans for 120VAC Generator??

From: [email-masked] (JOSEPH A. ZELINSKI)
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 1994 17:47:29 GMT

Greetings All:
       I am asking your help in my search for plans for a 120VAC emergency
     generator in perhaps the 3KW to 5KW output range. I am planning to
     drive the unit with one of two Gasoline engines; (A) 3HP Tecumseh
     2-stroke,or (B) 12HP Wisconsin 4-stroke.
       If anyone knows the whereabouts of such plans, either online or in
     print, please post here or reply via e-mail. I will post a summation of
     replies, as well as a report on the results of the project.
       Thanks in advance for any help. It will be put to good use!

                                                   Keep those chips flying!
                                                   Cheers, Joe.
                                                   [email-masked]
                                                   Physics Shop.

---

From: [email-masked] (Nathan Mead)
Date: 29 Mar 94 13:30:06 MST

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (JOSEPH A. ZELINSKI) writes:
|>        I am asking your help in my search for plans for a 120VAC emergency
|>      generator in perhaps the 3KW to 5KW output range. I am planning to
|>      drive the unit with one of two Gasoline engines; (A) 3HP Tecumseh
|>      2-stroke,or (B) 12HP Wisconsin 4-stroke.

3HP * 746 watts/HP = 2.24 KW.  

Better use the big engine as this assumes 100% generator efficiency and 
no over-current capacity.  

Nathan

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Nathan Mead				    /include(stdisclaimer);
Center for Engineering Design
University of Utah                          illigitimi non carborundum

---

From: [email-masked] (Bart Smaalders)
Date: 29 Mar 1994 23:21:08 GMT

Allow 2 hp /Kw for somewhat reasonable engine life.
The Wisconsin is a lot better engine than the Tecumseh, 
btw.

- Bart