Subject: Any jewelers who design eyeglass frames?

From: [email-masked] (S.T. Willis)
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 1994 00:16:50 GMT

Nice to see this newsgroup. I have been interested in making eyeglass frames
that will contain prescription lenses. Does anyone know the standards that have
to be maintained for prescription lenses to be placed in frames. Are there any
jewelers present that work with eyeglass Frame Design?

							Sere'
							stw7228@ritvax

---

From: G. Phil Poirier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 94 23:22:43 -0500

i've never built any eyeglass frames but i have repaired many. i am a goldsmith
in n.m. and usually dont do repairs but i have worked on frames , youecs on the
various sizes of glasses directly from a willing local optometry shop. you can
also make freefor
m as i did on one repair. then send the frames off to the lens cutter and they
will cut to fit. nifty. the bigest challenge is making the bezels and setting
the eye to eye distance close to the person you are fitting. bezels i'll make
just like tubing but
dont draw it all the way round. goouck . Phil