Subject: MAYTAG ENGINES

From: [email-masked] (Ron Thompson)
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 1994 16:21:32 GMT

HI,

TIME FOR THE OLD GASOLINE ENGINE QUESTION: DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD BOOK 
OR BOOKS ON MAYTAG WASHING MACHINE ENGINES. I BOUGHT ONE AND HAVEN'T GOT 
ANYTHING BUT THE HISTORY ON THIM. THIS IS A 2 CYL MODEL 72-D (1940).
THANKS, Ron

,
Ron Thompson                      |     Internet:  [email-masked]
Psychology Dept.                  |     Voice:     904-644-5563
Florida State University          |     FAX:       904-644-7739
Tallahassee,  FL 32306-1051

---

From: [email-masked] (Matthew Jones)
Date: 24 Mar 1994 15:45:22 GMT

>ANYTHING BUT THE HISTORY ON THIM. THIS IS A 2 CYL MODEL 72-D (1940).

In the November 1990 issue of Modeltech (contact information in the FAQ) there
is an article on construction of a model Maytag gasoline engine (circa 1914) 
from castings by Brad E. Smith.  In that article he recommends 
the following book for those that want more information/history on Maytag 
multimotors:

	Maytag Multimotors Volume II
	by Marvin Fram
	order it from Marvin at 
	208 West Main
	Box 406
	Oakland Ill. 
		61943

Castings for the model Maytag multimotor are available from:

	Brad E. Smith
	7574 South 74th street
	Franklin, Wisconson 
		53132 
	Telephone (414) 529-3440
	Price from the November 1990 issue is $90

I have not bought or the castings nor the book so I cannot comment on their
quality.  The engine in the article is really pretty though.

Please send comments via email since I do not read news as frequently as I
read email.

Matthew Jones
[email-masked]
[email-masked]