Subject: Converting engine to natural gas

From: [email-masked]
Date: 22 Feb 94 10:02:24 -0600

I'm not sure if this is the right group to ask, but I will anyway!

Has any ever converted a small (7 hp) gas engine to run on natural gas?
If so, what were the steps involved and where can I get info on how its done

E-mail is fine.  If there is enough interest I will post a summary.

Thanks in advance

Barry

[email-masked]
-- 

Barry B. Wolinetz             |   Opinions, etc.... mine, not those of the 
Northern Trust Co.            |   Northern Trust. 
Chicago, Il                   |

---

From: [email-masked] (Gordon W J Sorensen)
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 1994 16:01:25 GMT

[email-masked] wrote:
: I'm not sure if this is the right group to ask, but I will anyway!

: Has any ever converted a small (7 hp) gas engine to run on natural gas?
: If so, what were the steps involved and where can I get info on how its done

I have not done something like this.  However most of the makers of small
engines offer versions that run on propane or natural gas.  The biggest
hassle will be finding a suitable carburetor for natural gas.  I suppose
that you could order it but I doubt that they are very cheap.  Modifying
a gasoline version sounds tricky although I would imagine there are some
daring souls out there. 

gordon

: E-mail is fine.  If there is enough interest I will post a summary.

: Thanks in advance

: Barry

: [email-masked]
: -- 

: Barry B. Wolinetz             |   Opinions, etc.... mine, not those of the 
: Northern Trust Co.            |   Northern Trust. 
: Chicago, Il                   |
: