Subject: retail copper source

From: [email-masked] (Christos Pathiakis)
Date: 26 Feb 1994 09:42:26 -0500

Does anyone know of an affordable source for sheets of copper. I use them
as a surface for photographic prints so they shouls ideally be less than
.125" thick and soft. 

I have been puchasing scrap pieces from surplus stores in NYC, but that
gets expensive and worse you are limited to the dimensions and surface
type they have available.It seems I could solve the problems of random
dimensions by ordering through McMaster-Carr, but their prices are not
that much better than the surplus stores' on a per foot basis.

Any suggestions?

---

From: [email-masked] (Philip G Isaac)
Date: 26 Feb 94 17:55:06 GMT

In the sowthwest Pennsylvania area, some copper is available from
Metco Supply.  They have soft copper sheet ranging from 28 g. (0.0126")
to 14 g. (0.0641").  The cost for the 14 g. sheet is $16.5/sq. ft and
"Most sheet sizes are 24"x36" " according to their catalog.  

Their catalog is free and they have an 800 number, 
   1-800-521-8811.  

For those in the Pgh. area, they also sell HR and cold rolled steel, brass, 
sheet, etc.  However, they do not cut so you must be prepared to either 
purchase and haul a 10' (hot rolled) or 12' (cold rolled) length OR accept
what they have in their scrap bin.  

P.Isaac

---

From: Mike Schechter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 1994 23:05:08 GMT

Allcraftn NY sells 12x12 and 12x24" sheets of copper.
If I remember, 20gauge cost about $7 for the 12x12...
email me if you wan tphone number
Mike Schechter                  | [email-masked]
Systems Engineer                | [email-masked]
Institute for Sensory Research  | (315)443-9742