Subject: Re: Miniature Spot Welders

From: [email-masked] (Daniel R. Mauch)
Date: Sun, 08 May 94 07:18:43 PDT

[email-masked] (Marty Reynard) writes:

> 
>    Are there any metalworkers who have used miniature spot welders for
> stainless steel sheet, etc?  I have been doing some spot welding of
> titanium and am interested in getting a smaller unit that is capable of
> welding 24 to 22 B&S gauge sheet.
> -- 
> 

I have a portable spot welder from Miller that runs off of 110 AC. It 
spot weld steel real nice. In the manual it says it wil spot weld 
stainless from .006-.125 inch thichness. The electrodes can be shaped to 
what ever size you want to make the weld. They recommend a 5/32 spot weld 
that will give a fuse zone of .045 inches.
The unit costs about $400 but is well worth it. I now use it for allmost 
all my projects. It is faster than driolling and riveting etc. If you 
want a model number , I can dig it out for you. There are also a vaast 
array of electrodes available.

-- 
[] SEANEWS [] Seattle Public Access Usenet News + Mail [] +1 206 614 0048 []
[email-masked]