Subject: Experience with Grizzly dividing head?

From: Gregory P. Widin <[email-masked]>
Date: 1 Mar 1994 18:55:23 GMT

I found in Grizzly's latest catalog a small dividing head, which with
plates and tailstock goes for about $270.  The description fits very
closely with one that MSC sells for about $100 more.  I am concerned
about whether problems with the quality of Taiwanese machine tool
fabrication may also apply to this dividing head.
Does anyone have experience (good or bad) with this item?  Alternatively,
can anyone recommend a _cheap_ equivalent, if the consensus is against
Grizzly's unit?
Greg Widin                3M Hardgoods and Electronics Support Division
[email-masked]                                      Building 260-6A-08  
(612) 736-6708                                     St. Paul, MN   55144

---

From: [email-masked] (Terry Mayhugh)
Date: 2 Mar 1994 19:03:13 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, Gregory P. Widin <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> plates and tailstock goes for about $270. 

I'm thinking about ordering the 8" horizontal/vertical rotary table with
divider plates and tailstock. Enco seems to sell the equivalent of the
Grizzly for $100 less. Does anyone know anything about this table?

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul Jones)
Date: 4 Mar 1994 09:53:21 GMT

>Grizzly for $100 less. Does anyone know anything about this table?

Not much more than a month ago, Enco was completely out of the 8"
rotary tables and didn't seem to know when they would get any more in.
Don't know anything technical about their quality but I did see a
larger model on the floor in Chicago....pretty grungy looking.

PJ

------
Paul Jones,  Motorola MCG                           [email-masked]
1101 E. University Ave.                             Voice: (217) 384-8529
Urbana, IL 61801, USA                               FAX:   (217) 384-8550

---

From: Jerrold Beall <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 94 19:59:36 -0500

I bought one of the Grizzly heads several years ago and have used it
quite a bit for making clock gears and other stuff.  It works fine for
me and I would reccomend it.  The one I have has pretty good workmanship
and is well worth the price considering what domestic ones go for...J.R.