Subject: Blacksmithing courses - resources

From: [email-masked] (Larry London)
Date: 13 Mar 1994 02:08:40 GMT

>From [email-masked] Sat Mar 12 20:49:00 1994
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 94 12:17:44 EST
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Help finding blacksmithing tools etc.

IS>In one of  my former life I was a village blacksmith, and through the eons
  >and successive lives the tools and abilities have left me.  I am at UCDavis
  >and interested in gathering literature, materials, sources of materials
  >and relevant catalogs for blacksmithing supplies.  I especially need and
  >anvil, vise and forge.  Any help and/or guidance would be appreciated.
IS>[email-masked]

I'm glad to see there is still the blacksmithing trade available.

You might write to:
                       Prof. Phil Daub
                       Head, Animal Science Dept.
                       California Polytechnic State University
                       1 Grand Avenue
                       San Luis Obispo, CA  93405-9750

....ask him for the full information on the blacksmithing courses the
college teaches, and if they have any special workshops for graduates
during the year.  He also will know where and may advise about
blacksmithing tools purchase vendors.
If you tell him I referred you to him, you may get special service.
-----
internet: [email-masked]
     fax: +1 209-529-8832

---
 ~ QMPro 1.51 ~ Dogs come when you call. Cats have answering machines.

internet: [email-masked]      Networking Farmers/Ranchers with Focus on
     fax: 1+(209) 529-8832           "better" agricultural practices.  And,
USA mail: P.O. Box 578234            Co-op'ing involvements to reduce "Hunger"
          Modesto, CA 95357-8234     in the U.S.A./World.-- Danny Gottlieb