Subject: How to disable an O-A torch???

From: [email-masked] (Dave Williams)
Date: 12 May 94 11:07:00 GMT

-> to remove the padlock.  How would the villain go about disabling one
-> of them?  Would releasing the oxygen so as to empty the tank do the

 The simplest way would be to take the valve key for the acetylene tank.
The acetylene bottles use a little 1/4" square nub that requires a
wrench or key to turn, and they're pretty stiff.  Without some sort of
tools your characters would have trouble.

 Of course, normal-size bottles are *heavy*.  Two people could handily
use one as a ram to break down even a conventional steel or solid-core
wood door.

---

From: [email-masked] ("Paul C. Dickie")
Date: Sat, 14 May 1994 02:19:06 +0000

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] writes:

>> to remove the padlock.  How would the villain go about disabling one
>> of them?  Would releasing the oxygen so as to empty the tank do the
>

Or, more simply, glue the windows shut so that they couldn't get round to the 
front to use the oxy-acetylene torch...

< Paul >