Subject: Twin Cities 'Steam' show February 19th

From: [email-masked] (Tim Kirby)
Date: 11 Feb 94 13:54:10 CST

This is a repost of an earlier message. Sorry to waste the bandwidth for those
outside the Twin City (Minneapolis/St. Paul) area, I gather the distribution
stuff doesn't appear to work... to those of you disinterested through distance
(or disinterest) sorry for wasting your time.  Feel free to delete the message
and write it off as noise...

If there's anyone else left reading this, the subject is (I quote) the

   "ENCO/MODELTEC Steam Engine Show"

This is slated for February 19th, 1994 between 8:00am and 4:00 pm.

The manager of the Minneapolis/St. Paul branch of ENCO...

 (it's at 990 Lone Oak Road, Eagan, MN 55121 - just east of I35E on Lone Oak)

       ... decided it would be fun to try and put together a day of steam and
gas engines. He has some people signed up to bring things along; they will be
offering some $50.00 door prizes and refreshments; there may be some specials
for the day on some small machine tools as well. An ad for this event was in
the last issue of Modeltec (hence the connection); George Broad, the editor,
will be there at some point during the day.

If you are remotely interested in the subject, try and get along. If you need
to buy something, even as trivial as a new drill bit, see if you can buy it
on that day. No, I don't have any association with ENCO, but the guy seems
keen to do this sort of thing "more than once", so the more interest and
activity he sees, the more likely he is to do it again. If it gets a lot of
attention, maybe he'll offer more and better incentives. If it works well for
him, maybe other ENCO branches will do something similar.

They are maintaining a sign up sheet at the store, presumably to try and
gauge the level of interest. If you are interested, give them a call on
(612)-454-1046 and tell them.

Tim
--
Tim Kirby --------- Cray Research Inc., Eagan, MN, USA ---------- [email-masked]
Disclaimer: Cray didn't say this... I did...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If all else fails, Immortality may always be assured by spectacular error(JKG)