Subject: W o r k i n g M e t a l

From: [email-masked] (Enrique R Vega -- E. Vega Studios)
Date: 26 Feb 1994 23:15:00 GMT

W o r k i n g  M e t a l 
           @ 
E. Vega Studios Apex, NC

Demonstrators:  Enrique Vega & Rand Esser

E. Vega Studios is sponsoring an NC ABANA meeting on Saturday, March 5 from
12:30 to 5:30 pm.  If you are interested in metalworking and would like to get
involved with other metalworkers, then this gathering is for you.

One of the goals of this meeting is to exchange information and ideas with
members of various metalworking disciplines, especially those who hope to
pursue their craft as a professional career.

In addition, Enrique Vega will demonstrate large forgings - up to 2 1/2" solid
round stock P of naval brass and steel on a Nazel 3B pneumatic forging
hammer.

The demonstration will include the forging of a "Mobile Gong."

Rand Esser will also demonstrate several different patinas on steel.  Rand has
been working with metal since 1978 and is currently designing and producing
lamps and furniture in fabricated steel.  Printed instructions for patinas and
a list of suppliers will be available at the demonstration. Everyone is
welcome and there is no entry fee!

Agenda:  Saturday, March 5 from 12:30-5:30

12:30P1pm	Slide presentation by demonstrators.
1P2pm		Large forging 3B Nazel by Enrique Vega
2-3pm		NC ABANA business meeting
3P4pm		Patinas finishing techniques by Rand Esser 
4-4:30 pm	Iron in the Hat drawing 
4:30-5:30pm	Social Hour

I will post a follow up article for those who may not be able to attend the
workshop.  For more information call me at (919) 362-0543.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"Forging From the Past"<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Enrique Vega [email-masked] (Until March 31)
[email-masked] (After March 31)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"Forging Into the Future"<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

---

From: [email-masked] (Andrew Vida-Szucs)
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 1994 17:20:25 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
(Enrique R Vega -- E. Vega Studios) writes:
|> 
|> E. Vega Studios Apex, NC
			 ^^

	Drat.

|> involved with other metalworkers, then this gathering is for you.

	unless you live in NJ...  boo hoo.

> welcome and there is no entry fee!

	Ah.  Might any of this printed material be posted to this group?
	I, for one, would be most interested.

|> I will post a follow up article for those who may not be able to attend the
|> workshop.  For more information call me at (919) 362-0543.

	Cool.

	-Andy V.