Subject: SOLIDOX torch / pellets

From: [email-masked] (Mark Fraser)
Date: 24 Mar 1994 20:36:55 -0800

Some years ago, Sears and other carried the  Solidox torch, which used
a butane (propane?) bottle and some kind of pellet that yielded a much
hoptter flame than the garden variety Bernzomatic.

Checked Sears (Canada) today, no got.  No welding supply place
locally either.

Anyone able to confirm whether or not Sears in U.S. still carry the
product / fuel?  Anyone else?
Anybody know what the "pellets" are/were made of, and where to get
whatever it is?

---

From: [email-masked] (Bill Webster)
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 1994 12:52:05 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Mark
> Anybody know what the "pellets" are/were made of, and where to get

The pellets you're looking for, also used to be sold at Radio-shack and
here in Canada, Canadian Tire.  I haven't used them recently, so I don't
know if either place still carries them.  Maybe I should check and stock
up just in case.

I don't know what the substance is, but it sure made for a hot flame!

Bill Webster ([email-masked])