Subject: wire and tube bending & connecting

From: [email-masked] (Brand )
Date: 12 Mar 1994 18:12:16 GMT

Anyone want to recommend tools & methods for bending rod/wire
	(3/32" to 1/4") and thin-wall tubing (1/8" to 3/8")?  Among
	other things, I want to make 360-degree loops with very tight
	diameters.  I've machined a satisfactory wire-bending tool,
	and seen some 180-degree tube-bending tools, but that's been
	the extent of my luck.

	Also, I'd like to narrow the diameter of the end of a thin rod
	so that it can cleanly mate with a tube of the same outer
	diameter.  Are there bits that will let me do this with an
	electric drill?

---

From: [email-masked] (Bruce E Johnson)
Date: 13 Mar 1994 21:13:20 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,

>	diameter.  Are there bits that will let me do this with an

	WHile I'm not quite sure what you mean by a bit...it appears you
want to take down the outside diameter of the rod.  If its not too long,
just chuck the rod in the bit and hit it with a file, or even just
sandpaper, depending on the amount and precision of what you want taken
off.  Otherwise, you're pretty much out of luck, as far as using a drill
is concerned.

	Bruce Johnson
	The University of Arizona
	[email-masked] play
	[email-masked] work

	My opininons, Mine, Mine, all Mine!  Bwahahahaha!