Subject: Update to Part 4 of FAQ

From: [email-masked] (Will Martin)
Date: 22 Feb 1994 08:30:56 -0600

Thanks for putting out the interesting and informative r.c.m FAQ!

I made some calls over the past days to get catalogs from some of the firms
listed therein, and have the following info to update or add to the
question 99 (part 4) of the FAQ that lists sources:

First off, I noticed that Grizzly wasn't listed, so here's their info to
add in:

-  Grizzly Imports, Inc.

   West of Mississippi:
   PO Box 2069
   Bellingham, WA 98227

   (800) 541-5537, (800) 225-0021 (FAX)

   East of Mississippi:
   2406 Reach Road
   Williamsport, PA 17701
 
   (800) 523-4777, (800) 438-5901 (FAX)

   Imports a wide range of power tools and accessories. Knifemakers
   will be interested in the "Knife Belt Sander/Buffer", #G1015, at $325.

************************

And here are some comments or notes to add in the listings of these
companies:

ARE, Inc. : Want $4 for their catalog.

Borel and Frei:  Also have a Kansas City office. I'll send in the 
  detail when I get the catalog.

Gesswein : Got a voicemail system when I called the 800 #; if you're
  asking for a catalog, wait until the last prompt when they let you
  speak for a longer period and don't cut you off so soon.

Kitts Industrial Tools : Won't send a catalog in response to a phone
  request. Want a mailed check for $2 first.

Micro-Mark : Note that these people periodically have sales catalogs in
  which selected items are marked down drastically, like 50% off. So wait
  for those sales before buying anything.

Reid Tool : asked for company name.

River Gems and Findings : Wants state Tax-ID or business-license number
  before they will send out a catalog.

Rutland Tool : asked for company name. Calling the 800 # from St. Louis
  got me the Chicago office. The man there said the CA earthquake had
  delayed their catalog production, but they should be out in March.

Small Parts : I note the FAQ listing has a regular # for voice and an
  800 # for FAX -- I verified that the 800 # was in fact a FAX line.
  This is rather unusual;  they probably also have an 800 voice #, too
  Anybody know what it is?

Swest : asked for company name, also business-license or sales-tax #,
  but were willing to send catalog without that #.

***********

On some of the others I called to request catalogs, I just gave a
company name right away without being asked. It's probably best to have
some sort of "business-appearing" address to use in any case.

Hope this helps the database!

Regards, Will