Subject: Re: Tesla Bladeless Steam Turbine Plans

From: [email-masked] (Steve Rayner)
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 1995 11:12:11 GMT

In a previous article, [email-masked] (Mark Marks) says:

>I'm looking for detailed plans to build a Tesla bladeless steam turbine.  
>I have the patent drawings and some articles that describe it, but am 
>hopeful that someone has plans with instructions available.  Any help 
>much appreciated.  Mark Marks / Florida
>
>

These were used in some of the turbo generators on steam locomotives.  I
believe Pyle National used them.  They are also known as molecular turbines,
and were used as vacuum pumps ( high vacuum, with a backing pump ).  You
will find sectional drawings in The locomotive Dictionary of 1908.  As for
the pumps, Gaade developed them further, so most university librarys will have
info.

-- 
                                Steve Rayner.

---

From: [email-masked] (Mark McDade (303) 673-6841)
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 1995 05:22:57 GMT

Mark McDade (303) 673-6841 ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Mark Marks ([email-masked]) wrote:
: : I'm looking for detailed plans to build a Tesla bladeless steam turbine.  
. . .
: The folks who publish Home Shop Machinist have a couple of steam engine
. . .

I looked it up tonight and the article is on page 98 of "Steam and
Stirling Engines You Can Build - Book 2" by Village Press July 1994.

: Mark McDade

: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Bill Ganoe)
Date: 7 Feb 1995 06:43:46 GMT

>I'm looking for detailed plans to build a Tesla bladeless steam turbine.  

"Steam & Stirling Engines You Can Build -- Book 2", $36 + shipping from
HSM, 800-447-7367.

-- 
Bill Ganoe -- U. of Arizona, SIE Dept **   Engineering:
[email-masked]                  **      The ultimate art
602.621.2528                          **      of the human mind.