Subject: 12" Blades for sale

From: [email-masked] (Bob Neidorff)
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 1994 23:46:38 GMT

I have five sharp steel blades to sell.  These are significant 
tool-steel blades.  They were originally intended to be used to
slit leather.  I bought them from a leather belt maker who was
going out of business.  I never used them.  He either had them
resharpened or bought them new.  They are exceedingly sharp.

They are approx. 12" long, 1.5" wide, and 0.25" thick.  The 
sharpening angle is approx. 30 degrees.  I will get exact 
angles and dimensions for you if you are interested.

There are some holes in the blades, where they were bolted down.
The blades are not all exactly the same.  Some have been resharpened
and some are new.

Here's an end-on view (badly proportioned).

---
| |
| |
| |
| |
|/

Here's a front view:

-------------------------------------------------------
|                                                     |
|      O          O          O         O         O    |
|                                                     |  1.5"
|-----------------------------------------------------|
|_____________________________________________________|

                       12"

These might make great planar knives, but they are not balanced
and are very substantial (0.25" thick).

Each blade is individually stored in a wooden keeper which keeps
the edge protected.

Interested?  Let me know.  I'll let them go very cheaply.
Buyer pays actual shipping charges plus a little bit for me.
-- 
Bob Neidorff; Unitrode I. C. Corp.  |  Internet: [email-masked]
7 Continental Blvd.                 |  Voice   : (US) 603-429-8541
Merrimack, NH  03054-0399 USA       |  FAX     : (US) 603-424-3460

---

From: [email-masked] (Wunderful)
Date: 6 Oct 1994 11:23:08 -0400

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Bob Neidorff) writes:

HI Bob... I'd be very interested in one of these blades, if you'd be so
kind as to
let me know how much you are looking for... thanks!
Bill
[email-masked]