Subject: Re: finishes for machine tools

From: [email-masked] (Ken Toews)
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 1994 18:32:36 GMT

In a previous article, [email-masked] (David Erickson) says:

>What is the best way to repair machine tool finishes?  I'm specifically
>referring to the finishes that have a very thick leveling base coat with
>a hard, impervious topcoat.  Do any of the machine tool companies supply
>touch up or refinishing supplies that could be used in a home shop to
>get satisfactory results?  
>
>-Dave Erickson
>
>
Bondo than repaint.

--
Ken Toews    *   Standard disclaimer: I stole these opinions from others.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
.....Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish...Otherwise you'll end up fat and boring.....

---

From: [email-masked] (David Erickson)
Date: 15 Sep 1994 17:05:12 GMT

-Dave Erickson

---

From: [email-masked] (David Erickson)
Date: 16 Sep 1994 21:27:09 GMT

>>get satisfactory results?  

This looks fine, but it really doesn't last if the machine is going to
receive regular use.  At least not with the kind of paint you find at Home 
Depot (Krylon), which never harden or develop the kind of toughness that the 
original finish had.  Are there good alternatives?

If I put enough effort in to warrent repainting, then I'd like it to stay
looking nice as long as I own the machine and take reasonable care with
it.

-Dave Erickson