Subject: Re: Digital Calipers w/ d

From: [email-masked] (Bob McIlvaine)
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 1995 17:37:36 GMT

M>Xref: mv rec.crafts.metalworking:8565
M>Path: mv!news5.sprintlink.net!news.sprintlink.net!cs.utexas.edu!math.oh
M>From: [email-masked] (Mark Fraser)
M>Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
M>Subject: Re: Digital Calipers w/ digital output
M>Date: 17 Jan 1995 16:11:37 GMT
M>Organization: Wimsey Information Services
M>Lines: 50
M>Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
M>References: <[email-masked]>
M>NNTP-Posting-Host: vanbc.wimsey.com
M>X-Newsreader: TIN [version 1.2 PL2]
M>
M>Look up Ciarcia's Circuit Cellar INK aka computer Applications
M>Journal, Dec '93 issue for the apparently de-facto standard
M>interface description.  Double Check the description of the 
M>caliper [needs little plastic slide to the right of the locking
M>screw, on the ttop, that hides access to the pcb fingers that
M>provide the interface - smaller version of the slide that 
M>covers the battery compartment - little arrowhead molded into
M>it...]  Eastern tool & supply 800 221 2679 new york fax 
M>212 925 1010.  Watch out for their staff who seem to double 
M>as NY cabbies and don't know nuttin about no calipers....
M>
M>For the record, the INK article says for the calipers THEY
M>looked at, the first 3 digits of the output were reading number,
M>so you can make your program even simpler.
M>
I believe you'll also find a add in the back of this magazine
for a company that will supply the whole interface and software.
I seem to recall it interfaces to the serial port.

---
 þ WinQwk 2.0 a#0 þ Unregistered Evaluation Copy