Subject: Re: South Bend Lathe book info needed

From: [email-masked] (Mike DiGirolamo)
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 1994 16:33:50 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
(Goatbuster) wrote:

> A while back, someone mentioned a book called "How to Run a Lathe by South
> Bend Lathe" that was available through Lindsay Publications.  I have not
> been able to locate the company.  The book is a 1942 reprint,  <cut>

Lindsay's Techincal Books, Inc
PO Box 538
Bradley, IL 60915-0538
(815) 935-5353

Regards,

Mike Di Girolamo

P.S.  I have a 5C Collet Draw Bar for a South Bend Lathe.  If you are in
need of one, please email for details.  Good luck.  MJD

---

From: [email-masked] (James Kirkpatrick)
Date: 15 Dec 94 09:23:04 MST

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Goatbuster) writes:
|>A while back, someone mentioned a book called "How to Run a Lathe by South
|>Bend Lathe" that was available through Lindsay Publications.  I have not
|>been able to locate the company.  The book is a 1942 reprint, but
|>supposedly still in print.  The catalog number is 21150.  I have tried the
|>local library and also major bookstores, but no one can locate it.   
|>

>From  the FAQ:

   -  Lindsay Publications Inc.
      P. O. Box 538
      Bradley, IL  60915-0538
      (815) 935-5353

      Lindsay publishes books for the home shop, covering casting, forging,
      machining, and a few plans for building engines and such.  It has been
      reported that their catalog is "a bit bizarre" but the service is
      fast.  Their electrical catalog has cross-over projects that include
      light (pun intended?) metalworking.

---

From: [email-masked] (thomas walter x5955)
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 1994 17:53:05 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Goatbuster) writes:
>been able to locate the company.  The book is a 1942 reprint, but
>supposedly still in print.  The catalog number is 21150.  I have tried the
>local library and also major bookstores, but no one can locate it.   
>
>From  the FAQ list:

Lindsay Publications Inc.
      P. O. Box 538
      Bradley, IL  60915-0538
      (815) 935-5353

--Tom