Subject: Where to go in San Francisco?

From: [email-masked] (Greg Dermer)
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 1994 21:38:35 GMT

I'm going to the Bay Area and San Francisco in particular in
a couple weeks, and would like to know where to go.

Well, yes, of course there are all sorts of tedious museums
and restaurants and theaters and such like.

But where are the *real* interesting places to go.  Things
like used machinery dealers, industrial surplus places,
scrap dealers that sell cutting tools and abrasives by the
pound, tool dealers with vast showrooms...  You get the idea.

Greg

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Mark Fraser)
Date: 22 Oct 1994 02:08:59 GMT

You might want to check out a place called Triangle
in San jose / San Carlos or somewhere close by.  Look
for them in the Surplus section of yellow pages for 
SJ. Lotsa interesting stuff, some tooling, some 
junk, some fasteners etc.

I may have the name wrong, since it's been a couple of months...

/Mark

Greg Dermer ([email-masked]) wrote:
: I'm going to the Bay Area and San Francisco in particular in
: a couple weeks, and would like to know where to go.

: Well, yes, of course there are all sorts of tedious museums
: and restaurants and theaters and such like.

: But where are the *real* interesting places to go.  Things
: like used machinery dealers, industrial surplus places,
: scrap dealers that sell cutting tools and abrasives by the
: pound, tool dealers with vast showrooms...  You get the idea.

: Greg

: [email-masked]