Subject: ISO: High Grade Model Paint

From: [email-masked] (M.J. DiGirolamo)
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 1994 03:36:50 GMT

As a hobby I build models of stationary steam engines and internal
combustion engines.  I have not been able to locate a source for
high-quality model paint.  At one time there was a supplier many hobbyists
used in England which is no longer available.

  Can anyone recommend a source(s) providing high-quality paints available
in small quantities (10ml to 4 ozs) having a reasonable variety of colors?

Happy New Year to all,

Mike DiGirolamo

---

From: [email-masked] (ChrisB1981)
Date: 30 Dec 1994 15:06:55 -0500

Phone of caboose Hobbies:  303-777-6766
Address:  500 S. Broadway Denver, Co.  80209-4002

Also some people have used auto laquer as a high quality paint, at least
one person has mixed just the pigments of the Floquil Brand of RR paints
with clear auto laquer.                                                   
                                                                          
                                      Reg Barron

---

From: [email-masked] (James Kirkpatrick)
Date: 30 Dec 94 09:05:25 MST

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (M.J. DiGirolamo) writes:
|>  As a hobby I build models of stationary steam engines and internal
|>combustion engines.  I have not been able to locate a source for
|>high-quality model paint.  At one time there was a supplier many hobbyists
|>used in England which is no longer available.
|>
|>  Can anyone recommend a source(s) providing high-quality paints available
|>in small quantities (10ml to 4 ozs) having a reasonable variety of colors?

There is a store in Denver called Caboose Hobbies that claims to be
the world's largest model train store.  They have a variety of paints,
though I never really looked closely.  Call area code 303's directory
assistance for the number; I don't have it handy.

Jim