Subject: Looking for source of aluminium extrusions for electronic heatsinks

From: [email-masked] (NEIL B. GANDLER)
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 1995 04:28:00 GMT

Im currently designing an audio power amplifier and would like to design
my own custom heatsinks. Im choosing aluminium for its superior heat
dissipating property, light weight and ease of cutting over steel. The problem
is, I havent been able to find a local aluminium supplier who can provide me
with the following type of heatsink.

cross sectional view

  ******************************************
  ******************************************
  ****                                  ****
  ****                                  ****
  ****                                  ****
  ****                                  ****
  ****                                  ****
  ****                                  ****
  ****                                  ****
  ****                                  ****
  ******************************************
  ******************************************

 THE ALUMINIUM PREFERABLY 1/16 INCH THICK

 THE DESIGN BASICALLY IS A HOLLOW RECTANGULAR WAVEGUIDE WHICH HAS
QUITE A LARGE SURFACE. I WOULD APPRECIATE SOME ADVICE ON WHERE I COULD
GET SOMETHING LIKE THIS MANUFACTURED FOR ME. Is this type of piece called an
aluminium extrusion?

   Neil B. Gandler