Subject: Re: British Blacksmith

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 1995 21:18:10 GMT

From: [email-masked] ("Simon Lukic")

> I,ve just sold my abacus and got a computor and would be interested to
> hear from any smiths in the States. If anyone over there needs any
> info. &tc. from this side of The Pond, let me know. 
> I'm trying to set up a forge but rents in London are monstrous. 
> How I envy the Great Open Spaces of the US.
> I was in Memphis a couple of years ago and saw the Museum
> of Decorative Ironwork there. Very nice. All the best, Simon.
> PS. Any Brits with tools/equipment for sale?

Howdy Simon: (From the West)
I have been collecting old soldering irons with copper heads 
and I found a hammer, but still no luck in locating a good
anvil for tinsmithing. (I know that's a bit small and out
of you area, but it's close!)  I do living history as a period
ACW soldier (1863) or a Western Boomer (Gunman/gambler - 1875)
and I want to hang up my pistols and start hammerin' at tin.
I would really like to find an old tin "crimper" for turning
the edge evenly.  Maybe you have knowlege of tools and time 
periods involved.  OR someone else will read this and send me 
their e-mail address.  I live in California and look forward
to your words of wisdom.
-- 
Yr Hmble & Obdt Srvt 
[email-masked] (Floyd D.P. Oydegaard)
{:@)