Subject: 2 3/32 NF-16 thread

From: Mike Pelelo <pelelom@quest>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 1994 18:14:29 -800 (PST)

Michael A. Pelelo-- [email-masked]
4436 Van Buren, Sioux City, Ia. 51038
"There were a lot of things they didn't tell me 
when I signed on with this outfit."

I'm in need of info on this particular thread. I'm designing a hydraulic 
cylinder off an old design that uses this thread, and my new parts must 
interchange w/ the old ones. The thread is for where the gland connects 
to the butt & tube ass'y. I've been poring over table 4 in Mach. Hand. 
and I think the NF designation is now a UNS, but I'm not sure (perhaps 
UNF or UNEF?). Anyway, I need all the usual stuff that appears in table 
4, like allowance, major & minor dia., pitch dia, for ext. & internal 
threads. The prints I'm using don't give a class designation for the 
thread, but my company uses a class 2 for gland threads in most cases.
I also woudn't mind finding a source for thread gages for this thread. I 
would be needing ring & plug gages, and possibly set masters. 
This is a real hot project for me right now (these cyl. are for snowplows 
and we just had 10" of the stuff in my area last Sun.) If anyone can help 
me out I would appreciate it very much. Thanx alot in advance!