Subject: Wanted: "Making the most of the Unimat"

From: [email-masked] (Steven Malikoff)
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 1995 00:39:16 GMT

Dear r.c.m folks,

	I'm after a book that apparently is no longer in print. It's called
"Making the most of the Unimat" by Rex Tingey, and was published by MAP
in the UK. I tried a few leads here but they tell me it's no longer in
print. Has anyone got any ideas where I might find it?

Thanks for any help!

Cheers from Sydney 2000,

Steve Malikoff.
[email-masked]
PS. Are there any other Unimat 3 and SL users on the net?

---

From: [email-masked] (Charles Lamont)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 07:41:53 +0000

Sources are in the FAQ.

-- 
Charles Lamont

---

From: [email-masked] (Jacob Henteleff)
Date: 2 Mar 1995 16:53:49 GMT

I'm surprised to hear the book is out of print. I only bought my copy of 
it about a year ago at a local book store specializing in hobby books. I 
looked at my copy last night nd it shows Argus as the Publisher. That's 
the same people who publish Model Engineer, now taken over by Nexus 
Special Interests Ltd. 

I'd try them before assuming the book is out of print. You might also want 
to take a look at the book by Laidlaw called, I think, The book of the 
Unimat. It was published 15 or 20 years before the Tingley book and I 
personally think it is the better book. Tingley is mostly about 
accessories and so forth, many of which are pretty sophisticated.

If you really have a hard time finding the books I could send them to you 
on loan.

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (J. Kimberlin)
Date: 1 Mar 1995 16:58:55 -0800

>print. Has anyone got any ideas where I might find it?

You might try C. Deith, publisher of Engineering in Miniature as their 
shop specializes in back issues of ME, EinM, MAP books, etc.

You could also try G. Dawson, The Tool Box, The Craft Centre, Umborne 
Bridge, Colyton, Devon EX13 9XX.  His supply of things vary but he does 
sell OofP stuff.

>PS. Are there any other Unimat 3 and SL users on the net?

JerryK