Subject: Searching for a company

From: [email-masked] (Stefan Mohr)
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 1994 21:56:00 +0200

Hello,

I'm a 25 year old german postgraduate student in "technical engineering" and I
want to find a company abroad, where I can do a 20-week practical work, which I
need for my studies. So I enclose the following text for your information and
I would be very happy, if anybody out there in the Internet-Space could help me.

Thanks a lot for your help, sincerely yours
                                             Stefan Mohr

----- cut --------------- cut ----------------- cut ------------------- cut-----

                                                    Hamburg, September 25th 1994
Dear Sirs,

I should like to apply for a place for practical studies with your company.

At the moment I am studying engineering in the 5th term at the Hamburg Technical
College and this term I want to specify in production.
In February I got my "Vordiplom" grade 2 (good) after three terms of studies and
now I am studying as a graduate. At German Technical Colleges it is compulsary
to do a 20-weeks practical work. The purpose of this is that after having
completed college the student has had some practical experience when starting
a job.

For a long time I have been interested in doing some practical work abroad. In
times of growing international network I persue several targets with my stay
abroad: Firstly I want to broaden my view and to get to know a different way of
life. Besides I want to become more flexible and to demonstrate that I am able
to cope with new situations. I hope to further develop my personality. As a
future engineer I also regarde it as essential to have a good knowledge of the
English language as the worldwide technical language.
Furthermore I think that practical work in a western industrial country is
particularly suitable to deepen and complete my technical knowledge.

Because of my talent and my concluded apprenticeship as an industrial mechanic
I am interested in practical work such as manufactering, production and
consulting. Having finished my studies my aims as a profession are either in
the field of production / manufactering organization or perhaps of technical
distribution or consulting.
Therefore it would be very interesting for me to learn how these fields are
dealt with in another country, which organizational structures are used and
how problems are solved.

Thus I am looking for a manufacturer preferably in the line of engineering,
but also car manufactering or electrical engineering. I would like to work in
a department where manufactering and production are managed and planned or where
the course of production is controlled.

I would like to do my practical work from about mid-February to mid-July
(20 weeks) next year to meet the schedule for my studies. (It is also possible
for me to start at every date between mid-February and the beginning of May.)

I am looking forward with much interest to getting a positive reply from you
soon. I thank you in advance for any trouble taken by you.

Sincerely yours,
                  Stefan Mohr

=====
Stefan Mohr @ 2:240/5370.99             [email-masked]
            @ 2:240/5204.29             [email-masked]
## CrossPoint v3.02 R ##