Subject: Re: Atlas Lathe Manual

From: [email-masked] (Mark McDade (303) 673-6841)
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 1995 14:50:13 GMT

James Kirkpatrick ([email-masked]) wrote:

: In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (tango) writes:
: |>I'm looking for a Manual for an Atlas 12" Lathe, i.e. 6 inch radius. 
: |>I don't know if the proper name is Atlas 6" or 12"
. . .
: I'm not positive if any of these will pan out, but some possibilities
: from the FAQ:
. . .
:    -  Clausing Industrial Inc.
:       Service Center
:       P.O. Box 877
:       Goshen, Indiana 46527-0877
:       (219) 533-0371, (219) 533-0403 (FAX)
. . .
I recently called Clausing and they were quite helpful, Xeroxing about
six pages of an old Atlas manual with unusual gear setups for threads
and sending me the copies free.  I didn't think to see if they'd sell me
a whole manual (I suspect my machine is too old for that).  The "current
model" manuals are readily available through places like Blue Ridge and
Campbell for about $30.00.  The problem is that those manuals only apply
to the newer Atlas machines with Timken bearings and four position
change gear sets having a maximum gear size of 60-odd tooth.  The older
machines used a three position set with a maximum size of 96 tooth.

Mark McDade

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Megan Halstead)
Date: 8 Feb 1995 16:53:55 GMT

>: |>I don't know if the proper name is Atlas 6" or 12"
I have a Craftsman/Atlas 12 x 36 lathe, complete with manual. I think it is 
from the mid-50's or so; it has Timken bearings.

If anyone needs manual photocopies, I could possibly help.

Miklin Halstead
[email-masked]