Subject: Re: Slide rules are not dead

From: [email-masked] (Edward J Zeranski)
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 1995 22:08:34

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Timothy D. Shoppa x4256) writes:
>From: [email-masked] (Timothy D. Shoppa x4256)
>Subject: Re: Slide rules are not dead
>Date: 4 Feb 1995 20:12 PST

>In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Mike
>Rehmus) writes...
>> 
>>Slide rules went the way of the dodo bird because they were hard to 
>>learn, hard to use, prone to be mis-read, and could not easily maintain
>                                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 
>>accuracy with very large or small numbers.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I posted to this a while back and got a couple of answers because my humor was 
not understood. I still have a K&E and a Pickett that work fine and can be 
used as they were when new. I had one when I saw the first calculator back in 
71 or so that cost $395 and used it until prices came down on calculators. I 
use a calculator but Ill bet the work to build those first ones was done on a 
stick! Ask an RF designer and you'll find that new isnt always better and old 
isnt obsolete.