Subject: Americana:free BBS & Cal. of Events

From: Lawrence Friedhoff <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Dec 1994 23:50:44 GMT

Our free BBS Calendar of events highlights crafts fairs, antiques 
shows, candlelight/house tours, historic re-enactments and other 
celebrations of this holiday season, nationwide.  The Library 
features an extensive database of the finest in American country 
and period reproduction furniture, art and craft.  Whether you're 
looking to accessorize your home, find the perfect gift, purchase 
unique inventory for your shop, or plan a more enjoyable weekend, 
our new Board is your source for information and inspiration. 
Done for the love of it!! No paid advertising.  User comments 
welcome.  (Modem 201-664-8857).

---

From: [email-masked] (Felix Vagabond)
Date: 25 Dec 1994 00:17:38 GMT

Lawrence Friedhoff ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Our free BBS Calendar of events highlights crafts fairs, antiques 
: shows, candlelight/house tours, historic re-enactments and other 
: celebrations of this holiday season, nationwide.  The Library 
: features an extensive database of the finest in American country 
: and period reproduction furniture, art and craft.  Whether you're 
: looking to accessorize your home, find the perfect gift, purchase 
: unique inventory for your shop, or plan a more enjoyable weekend, 
: our new Board is your source for information and inspiration. 
: Done for the love of it!! No paid advertising.  User comments 
: welcome.  (Modem 201-664-8857).  

  This is foolishness. Then why don't you provide us with the fact that 
  you're none_profit org. If this is legitimate claim the net provider
  I would assume will provide away for telnet or www service.

---

From: [email-masked] (Karen Cravens)
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 1994 15:52:48 GMT

>  I would assume will provide away for telnet or www service.

Er, Felix, perhaps you haven't heard of the concept of an "Electronic
Bulletin Board System"?  It's rather a new idea, of course, only having
been around 20 years or so, so perhaps it hasn't hit your area yet.
<vbg>

Silver