Subject: NAMES- North Amer Model Eng Show

From: [email-masked] (Ron Ginger)
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 1994 11:23:50

The flyer for the 1995 North American Model Engineer Show has been mailed.

Show dates for 1995 are April 22, 23. Same location as last few years, Yak 
Arena, Wyandotte Michigan ( A suburb of Detroit).

This is a great show, I wouldnt miss it. I was able to go to one London ME 
show, but I think the NAMES is a much better show. There is no contest, 
everyone is welcome to come and display their work. The last years have had 
over 700 models displayed, by people from all over the US and even a few from 
other countries.

The layout is just tables, with the exhibitor on one side and the viewers on 
the other. You can talk to the modeler, watch the engine run, trade tips and 
plans. There are areas for running steam, gasoline, even aircraft engines .
Last year there were a few clocks, some locomotives, a lot of airplanes and 
boats.

The only change this year is the elimination of the model boat pond. Although 
I liked the boats, I agree with the change- its more room for models!

The show flyer lists the exhibitors already signed up. Among them are most of 
the magazines- Live Steam, Modeltec, StrictlyIC. Many suppliers of castings 
and tools.

I have placed some more material in my WEB page, for those that can read that 
format. http://www.ultranet.com/~ginger/names.html I have no formal 
connection with this, I just attend it and love it.

For information write to 
George White
29981 Leona
Garden City MI 48135
313/422-4311

This entire show is run by a group of about 12 fellows, that just got 
togethere to 'make it happen'

Mark you calendar, and I hope to see lots of net folks there!

Ron Ginger
my signature is http://www.ultranet.com/~ginger