Subject: EN45 ??

From: [email-masked] (David Robertson)
Date: 21 Nov 94 09:37:49 EST

A customer of mine from Scotland has requested a blade made out of a
steel with a designation of EN45 and I am not familiar with this code. He says
that it is a corrosion resistant steel and will not burr when struck with
another blade .  He belives that it is heat treatable.  I would appreciate
more infomation about this steel and a possible North American equivalent. 
        Thanks

---

From: [email-masked] (Steve Rayner)
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 1994 13:55:00 GMT

>more infomation about this steel and a possible North American equivalent. 
I too have experienced some problems cross referencing EN numbers.        
A bit of information has been gathered, but the refernce book is very
expensive, $500.00 I am told, so even the university here hasn't got it.
The nearest info I have is for En40B: 3% chromium molybdenum nitriding 
steel.  Looks like it may be a medium carbon steel that can be case
hardened, but these seem to be in the En22-En 30 range  ???

-- 
                                Steve Rayner.