Subject: ENCO mill experience&

From: Terry Mayhugh <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Feb 1995 23:19:49 GMT

Has anyone any personal experience with the ENCO model
100-1525  mill? This one is their baby Bridgeport
look-alike with a 36" table for $2700. Am also considering
their model 100-5201 which doesn't look as stout but
is also a knee mill at about the same price. Have found
it necessary to move up from a 2 hp mill-drill and 
total cost is important. Decent used machines aren't 
very common in my area.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 95 21:04:51 -0500

Re: ENCO mill-drill -- I've used one for about four years with mostly good
results, including cutting small gears with a dividing head.  One total
failure was original Taiwan single-phase motor went up in smoke becasue
the centrifugal cutout switch wouldn't release.  Upon disassembly I
discovered that it had been secured to the motor shaft with one small
setscrew not even spotfaced to the shaft.  So the centrifugal device just
moved away.  Replaced with a US-made motor.  ENCO salesman admitted lots
of failures with Taiwan motors.  For $1000 however, its a good buy.