Subject: 3 phase power converter

From: [email-masked] (Paul Amaranth)
Date: 21 Dec 1994 15:01:46 GMT

A while ago, Andy Dingley posted about an article in the December issue
of Elektor Electronics  (a  European magazine) that had plans for a 3
phase controller offering speed control, reversability, over-temp
shutdown and soft-starting.

I'm very interested in getting a copy of the article, but none of the
major or minor magazine vendors or libraries in my area carry that
magazine.  They used to publish a US version, but canceled two issues
after I subscribed.  I've been unsuccessful sending mail to Andy as
well.

Is there some kind soul who would either procure a copy of the magazine
for me or send me a copy of the article?

BTW, I finally managed to get my rotary phase converter put together
over the weekend (wanting to use the mill for a Christmas present has a
way up moving up the priority for projects like that).  What a great
feeling to finally get the mill running!  It was a real thrill to hear
that motor rev up.  Not to mention the fun of turning metal into chips;
that's the first time I've run a mill in 17 years.  My wife reported
that the light dim when I start up the phase converter.  Cool. :-) 
There's  something about large industrial machinery that really gets
the blood moving :-)

-- 
Paul Amaranth  Manager User Services - office: (810) 370 4541 (also voicemail)
               (e-mail)     [email-masked]    [Rochester, Michigan  USA]
   Mosaic page: http://www.acs.oakland.edu/links/amaranth/amaranth.html