Subject: For Sale HARDINGE horizontal mill $2000

From: [email-masked] (Steve Lindsay)
Date: 18 Oct 1994 11:40:16 -0600

I would like to sell my little Hardinge horizontal mill.
Here are the specs.

Hardinge BB4 Horizontal Precision Milling Machine

Collet Capacity-Cutter Headstock and Index Head    3/4"
Collet Used-Dimension in Collet Bulletin           4C Hardinge
Size of Arbor Chuck                                1/2"
Eight Spindle Speeds                               180 to 3000 R.P.M.
Maximum Distance Between Centers                   5"
Distance From Center of Spindle to Lowest Position of Table 5 5/16"
                                              Longitudinal  5"
                                              Transverse    3 1/8"
                                              Vertical      5"
Table Working Surface       12" x 3 3/16"
The weight is probably around 600 pounds.

It sits on a 2 1/8" solid maple bench 49 1/2" x 24 1/2".  The
bench itself has heavy metal legs.  A 1 horse 115 V motor sits
on the floor under the table.  A large idler pulley is bolted to the
bottom of the bench and is linked to the mill with three Vbelts
through a hole in the table top that the mill sits on.

I had taken the mill completely apart, cleaned it up and 
repainted it a year ago.  It is in very good shape.

The collets I have for it are:5/16", 3/8", 1/2".  I am missing the 3/4".  
I was always going to look for one as South Bend and Rivett also
made 4C collets.

The reason I am selling is because I have very little space in my shop
and I am purchasing a full sized mill.

[email-masked]
Steve Lindsay
RR 2 Cedar Hills
Kearney, NE 68847
308 236 7885