Subject: Free Folk School Catalog

From: [email-masked] (JNdavidson)
Date: 22 Oct 1994 23:09:01 -0400

e-mail me or call 1-800-FOLK SCH for a free catatlog of classes and events
at the John C. Campbell Folk School, which is a place to learn 
blacksmithing, jewelry and other time-honored skills in a supportive
environment.

The Folk School teaches about 325 classes year round, mostly 1-week in
duration.  They are on gardening, fly tying, wildflowers, herbs, canning,
beekeeping and nature studies.  They are on contra dance, square dance,
traditional music.  They are on blacksmithing, weaving, quilting,
knitting,
dyeing, spinning, photography, basketry, watercolors, knife making,
jewelry,
pottery, enameling, woodcarving, kaleidoscopes, stained glass,
woodworking,
woodturning, needlework, calligraphy, instrument making, painted design,
crochet, chair caning, broom making, papermaking, doll making, felting,
drawing, crochet, woodturning, birdwatching, and poetry.

It's where North Carolina, Georgia, and Tennessee come together. (Bound to
be
a special place, culturally.)

It was founded in 1925 by two educators from up North, and by the people
of
the remote mountain community of Brasstown.  I was born here, raised here,
and am now the Director of the Folk School.

Let me know what else you want to know, and I will be happy to respond.

Thank you for your interest

Jan Davidson, Director
John C. Campbell Folk School