Subject: Re: Tinning copper pots?

From: [email-masked] (Alan Frisbie)
Date: 28 Nov 94 11:57:53 PST

In article <[email-masked]>, 
[email-masked] (Erik Halberstadt) writes:

> I seem to be building quite a collection of copper cookware. That's ok in 
> itself, but the problem is that the tinning has worn through on several of
> them. 

As my mother prepared our Thanksgiving feast the other day,
I picked up her latest copy of Fine Cooking magazine (Taunton
Press).   In the letters column was the answer to this problem.
According to the letter and the editor's note, there is now a 
kit that allows retinning at home:

	The Tin Lizzie kit ($15.95, first class postage paid)

	Aux Cuisines
	43 Saddle Ranch Lane
	Hillsdale, NJ 07642

	201-664-8775

This is a one-person company (Sue Lyon) without an answering
machine, so you won't get an answer if she is not in.   The 
kit is also available from:

	Zabar's
	2245 Broadway
	New York, NY 10024

	212-787-2000

> "EAT! It's good for you!"

The turkey wasn't the only thing that got stuffed this weekend.  :-)

--  Alan E. Frisbie               [email-masked]
--  Flying Disk Systems, Inc.
--  4759 Round Top Drive          (213) 256-2575 (voice)
--  Los Angeles, CA 90065         (213) 258-3585 (FAX)