Subject: speedglass helmet suppliers?

From: [email-masked] (Michael T. Errino)
Date: 4 Dec 1994 22:03:23 GMT

My girlfriend is just completing her first semester of a full-time 
welding certification course. She's on a very limited budget (who isn't!) 
and looking for a speedglass helmet for sale. There are a few places that 
carry them here in our relatively small town, but I've recommended that 
she try a mailorder welding supply house to get the best price.

Does anyone know of a good discount welding supplier? If you have a name, 
address or phone number, please E-mail me at [email-masked] 
because I'm not a regular subscriber to this newsgroup.

Also, if you have one for sale or know anyone who does, please let me know.

Thanks a lot,

--MikeE.

---

From: [email-masked] (Jon Henry)
Date: 5 Dec 1994 00:01:25 GMT

The cheapest I have seen them offered is from Eastwood.  A supplier of
tools and supplies for automotive construction and resoration.  The deluxe
verison is $400.  They also carry a cheaper version that does not have
adjustable shade levels for $300.  You should be aware that there are now
many manufactures of these types of auto-darkening welding helmets. 
Speedglas is amonsgt the more expensive. I think they can be had for under
$300.  On the other hand, I can highly recomend the speedglas helemts. I
have one and I would not weld without it.  My helmet required some service
while it was still under warrenty and the Hornell/Speedglas company kindly
and quickly repaired it with no charge or hastles. 

JH