Subject: looking for leatherworking tools.

From: mcjenkin@kiowa.. (mcjenkin)
Date: 12 Jan 1995 21:10:12 GMT

Hi there,

I'm looking for the tools to imprint letters and designs into leather with a  
ball peen hammer.  I remember using them as a kid at camp - making initialed  
leather keychains and such.  Unfortunately, I cannot find these tools locally.   
Does anyone have mail order information they'd like to share?  Any help would  
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kate.

---

From: [email-masked] (David E. White)
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 1995 05:29:23 GMT

mcjenkin (mcjenkin@kiowa..) wrote:
: Hi there,

: I'm looking for the tools to imprint letters and designs into leather with a  
: ball peen hammer.  I remember using them as a kid at camp - making initialed  
: leather keychains and such.  Unfortunately, I cannot find these tools locally.   
: Does anyone have mail order information they'd like to share?  Any help would  
: be greatly appreciated.

: Thanks,

: Kate.

Check out Tandy Leather. They are all over the U.S.

---

From: [email-masked] (Julie Lynnette)
Date: 13 Jan 1995 14:55:19 GMT

My father in law does leather craft.  And dispite his looking there are
few options other that Tandy.  Most states have at least one store. I do
know there are stores in the Chicago land area, Milwaukee, Madison WI.  

Good luck.

---

From: [email-masked] (Nancy Dooley)
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 1995 10:30:44

In article <[email-masked]> mcjenkin@kiowa.. (mcjenkin) writes:
>From: mcjenkin@kiowa.. (mcjenkin)
>Subject: looking for leatherworking tools.
>Date: 12 Jan 1995 21:10:12 GMT

>Kate.

I ordered a set of script initials from the BeeLee Co. (mostly western 
accessories for the home sewer) - 

P.O. Box 36108
Dallas, TX  75235-1108

Phone:  214-351-2091

If they don't have them any more, let me know & I'll consider selling mine.

Nancy Dooley

 -- It doesn t do to leave a live Dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him. --J.R.R.
Tolkien

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 1995 20:18:48

>Does anyone have mail order information they'd like to share?  Any help would  
Just look in the yellow pages under leather and leather-working supplies.
Tandy Leather has a wide selection, but I just tossed their last catalogue
(why mail-order when the nearest store is in walking distance?)

The preceding has been a commentary on the world by Copper Squirrel
[email-masked]  All opinions are mine, not yours or anybody else's.
ARS GRATIA VITAE