Subject: FAQ part 0 of 8

From: [email-masked] (Jim Kirkpatrick)
Date: 3 Oct 94 03:13:54 MDT

I am about to post the latest revision to the FAQ.

Let me know if this needs to get split into more parts, e.g. due
to news system limitations on item size.

Changes:

  In order to keep parts of the FAQ below 32k in size, I've had to split
  the suppliers list (question 99, formerly just part 7) into two pieces!
  Sorry for the inconvenience, but some news systems are written by
  space-Nazis.

  Other re-arranging was needed to keep sizes below 32k, and this
  resulted in a domino effect, shuffling questions from one part
  to the next.

  Added a new question on tapers.

  Added a new question on EDM.

  A few more books and video tapes, courtesy of Steve Shearer.

  It was suggested that the file names for the ftp-able FAQ be changed
  from METAL.FAQn to METALn.FAQ due to MS-DOS "8.3" file name restrictions.
  This I have done.

Keep the suggestions coming in!

Jim Kirkpatrick
[email-masked]