Subject: Need Aluminum,Stainless,CRS and Alum alloy( 356-T6) sources

From: [email-masked] (FeC141b)
Date: 21 Oct 1994 02:06:02 -0400

Need big time help folks...I am looking for suppliers of 2024 T-4, 321SS,
Cold Rolled Steel, as well as a source for an apparently extinct Aluminum
alloy 356-T6. If you know anyone who deals in this stuff, please let me
know. Thanks

---

From: [email-masked] (SCHAIBLE BRIAN ROBERT)
Date: 21 Oct 94 18:25:02 GMT

>alloy 356-T6. If you know anyone who deals in this stuff, please let me

All of my experience with A356 has been in the form of castings, primarily
in castings used in the aerospace industry.  It is one of the stronger  Al
casting alloys around.  If you are looking for material to remelt and cast 
yourself, maybe check with a casting outfit that does a lot of work for
aerospace contracts.  They may have some scrap for you, or let you know where
they get their material.  If you are looking for this material in sheet or
bar form, I can't be of any help.  Sorry

Brian.

---

From: PAUL <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 94 21:36:47 -0500

>alloy 356-T6. If you know anyone who deals in this stuff, please let me
 
The 2024 T4 that your loking for is carried by allmost all ateel suppliers that
deal in aluminum. It is commonly refered to as "Tooling Plate". For the CRS and
Stainless, refer to a copy of Thomas'Regional Industrial Buying Guide for your
area. You will get bored when reading the multitudes of listings found there.
Most
Libraries carry this book, as it is free to any business. Good Luck.