Subject: Re: Home Shop Machinist

From: [email-masked] (James Kirkpatrick)
Date: 30 Sep 94 15:31:04 MDT

In article <[email-masked]>,
[email-masked] (David Erickson) writes:

|>I haven't been able to locate a library that has back issues of
|>Home Shop Machinist (I'm down in the Monterey area, but would
|>be willing to visit libraries around the south bay).  Any leads
|>appreciated.  I had the local library do a search, but they could
|>only check the Monterey County Libraries.

I don't know of any library that has HSM.  However, Village Press
(the publisher) does sell some back issues (but they are out of
many of them).  Occasionally somebody will advertise in HSM to sell
all his/her back issues.  Village Press publishes a few books that
are compilations of the "best" articles from each year, but it's not
quite the same as a complete set of issues.

Happy hunting!

Jim

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 94 14:02:01 GMT

>I don't know of any library that has HSM.  However, Village Press

While its a bit far, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh has every issue
of HSM from the very first.

I did spend one afternoon going through the lot and got quite a bit out of
them even though I could only skim.