Subject: Re: Anyone have experience with Hydrogen/Oxygen welding equip?

From: [email-masked] (Vince Miller)
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 1994 17:21:12 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (MIchael E Hughes) writes:

>I have a small (lab size ~100 liter/hr) Hydrogen / Oxygen gas generator 
>made by Brown's Gas International in Encino CA. It electrolyzes water into 
>H2 and O2 in one chamber - out a single hose to the torch. It has some

I don't see how this could work.  A single hose, a single chamber with the 
exact right proportion of O2 and H2 in it.  Why does the flame stay at the 
tip and not blow the whole works up?

Vince

---

From: [email-masked] (MIchael E Hughes)
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 1994 10:01:36 +0000

I have a small (lab size ~100 liter/hr) Hydrogen / Oxygen gas generator 
made by Brown's Gas International in Encino CA. It electrolyzes water into 
H2 and O2 in one chamber - out a single hose to the torch. It has some
very interesting capabilities:

- It will weld aluminum without any special preparation (just standard flux)
- It will disasociate non-ferrous alloys -- melting out the lowest MP metal.
- It will melt firebrick into a glass.

Has anyone ever worked with other commericial Hydrogen/Oxygen welding
equipment? 
What are your experiences?

---

From: [email-masked] (Nick Turner)
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 94 00:12:21 GMT

>Has anyone ever worked with other commericial Hydrogen/Oxygen welding

Never heard of anything like it but it sounds like a must have for 
the workshop how much do they cost ?
I'm always on the look out for new toys and this sounds like one to me.:-)

Cheers 
Nick

---

From: [email-masked] (MIchael E Hughes)
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 1994 10:52:54 +0000

In article <[email-masked]>,
[email-masked] (Vince Miller) wrote:

> In article <[email-masked]>
> tip and not blow the whole works up?

It does work, come over to my house and I'll show you. Better yet call
Dr Yul Brown at 1-818-995-6221 and get a real demonstration!

The unit generates gas at 100 liter/hr and 0.9 Pa pressure (gauge). Dr Yul
Brown, the inventor, has patented a generator and anti-flashback system for
these units. The one I have costs US$ 1195.00. (An expensive toy ;)
The larger units-- 1000 and 2000 liters/hr cost US$3995.00 and US$5995.00
respectively!

I was looking through my old Welders Handbook at home and found three
companies that had manufactured H2/O2 units commercially years before
Dr Brown.

-Mike

-- 
Sound of the New Life!              Listen to a Family Station near you...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
AL Birmingham 89.5  FM    GA Columbus   90.5  FM   OR Springfield 88.9 FM
AZ Phoenix    88.3  FM    IL Joliet     91.9  FM   PA Erie        881. FM
CA Chico      89.1  FM    IA Des Moines 91.3  FM      Johnstown   88.9 FM
   El Cajon   93.3  FM       Shenandoah  920  AM   SC Charleston  88.5 FM
   Fresno     90.3  FM    MD Annapolis  107.9 FM   TX Beaumont    89.7 FM
   La Grand   89.9  FM    NJ Camden     106.9 FM   UT Salt Lake C 91.7 FM
   Long Beach 1280  AM       Newark     94.7  FM   WA Kirkland    1460 AM
   Sacramento 89.3  FM    NY Buffalo    89.9  FM      Longview    89.5 FM
   San Franci 106.9 FM       Kingston   91.7  FM   WI Milwaukee   88.1 FM
   Ukiah      89.5  FM       Smithtown  88.9  FM
CT Vernon     1170  AM       Webster    88.1  FM
FL St Peters. 91.7  FM    OH Cuyahoga   1150  AM
   Jacksonvil 88.7  FM       Toledo     90.3  FM
   Okeechobee 91.7  FM       Youngstown 91.7  FM
   and SORTWAVE ----
(To recieve a shortwave program: write to 
                 Family Radio, Oakland CA 94621 USA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------