Subject: Copper colour

From: [email-masked] (Darrell Markewitz)
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 1994 04:43:50 GMT

>From   - 'Creative Gold and Silversmithing' by Sharr Choate

Colouring Copper Green
"A patina is produced on the metal by brushing the surface with a
solution consisting of 1 gram each of copper nitrate, ammonia chloride,
calcium chloride, and 1 ounce of water. When the colour is reached the
article is set aside to dry.
A patina can also be produced by pouring a hot solution consiting of 1
1/2 grams of copper nitrate and 6 ounces of water onto the metal and
allowing it to dry."

I haven't tried this!
Good Luck

Darrell

the WAREHAM FORGE
Hamlet of Wareham
RR #2, Proton Stn
Ont, CDN -  N0C 1L0
(519) 923- 9219
[email-masked]