Subject: want to build armor

From: tanner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 1994 18:33:31 EDT

Hi there I'm looking for someone who would be willing to assist me in building
 a suit of armor. I am in the SCA and know nothing about metalworking. Any help
 or ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Tanner
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Andrew Vida-Szucs)
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 1994 18:04:21 GMT

> or ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

	Take a class in art metals or general metalworking at your local
	community college or vocational school district.   You will have
	to learn metal raising techniques at the very least, and should
	broadly familiar with sheet metal work.  There's quite a bit to
	know, especially for the armorer, but I'd say 90% of the fun is
	in the learning.

	-Andy V.	[email-masked]		(Mr. X)

	"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who damage me."

						-Archilochus, 650 BC