Subject: 'Green' Practices

From: [email-masked] (Michael Tanzer)
Date: 13 Jan 1995 01:59:18 GMT

Does anyone out there use particular practices or methods because
they do less damage to the environment than others?

Do you consider the advantages of one process over another with
regard to its impact on your health?

What precautions do you take to protect yourself and you planet
in your work?

How do you handle and dispose of any dangerous chemicals you may use?

Please email responses to [email-masked].  This will assist
in the writing of a paper on environmental concerns among craftspeople
working in metalsmithing and contemporary jewellery.

Thanks in advance --
Michael Tanzer

--
+----------------------------+------------------------------------------+
| [email-masked] |    This box intentionally left blank.    |
|        Michael Tanzer      |                                          |
+----------------------------+------------------------------------------+

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 1995 23:20:26

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Michael Tanzer) writes:
>From: [email-masked] (Michael Tanzer)
>Subject: 'Green' Practices
>Date: 13 Jan 1995 01:59:18 GMT

>they do less damage to the environment than others?
 Well, I recycle all my metal....sometimes repeatedly.
>regard to its impact on your health?
Absolutely!  I reccomend the book "Artist Beware" for some of the unseen 
dangers of craftwork.

>What precautions do you take to protect yourself and you planet
Gloves, goggles and a gas mask when working with chemicals, all of my 
chemicals are convertable to fertilizer(nitric acid& baking soda, flowers of
sulfur)
>How do you handle and dispose of any dangerous chemicals you may use?
Acid is nuetralized creating sodium nitrate which is harmless and makes 
good fertilizer.  Flours of sulfur goes into the compost pile to decompose.

The preceding has been a commentary on the world by Copper Squirrel
[email-masked]  All opinions are mine, not yours or anybody else's.
ARS GRATIA VITAE