Subject: Re: Where can I get a good deal on Mitutoyo?

From: [email-masked] ()
Date: 8 Feb 1995 15:30:10 GMT

Michael Gorelik ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Are there mail order places which have good prices on
: Mitutoyo calipers?
:                               |\___/|                          
: __________________________oooO_\o o/_Oooo____________________________
: 	                       =(_)= 
: Michael Gorelik
	--If you're willing to wait a bit, go to one of the IPS 2-day 
clearance sales. There's one in mid-summer; don't know about winter. Got 
myself a 24in. height gage for $99.- a while back... 
	--As for Enco, I'll be posting to "rec.consumer.experiences" (I think 
that's right) as soon as I figure out how to do it anonymously so I don't get flamed to 
death. They're jerks to be avoided...  

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas		:	Co-founder of the 
Voice: 805-968-7534		:	    SBSMEEBBQ
FAX:   805-JOB-TWAT		:	-Call about our Newsletter!
	--------Decks a-wash in a sea of words!!--------

---

From: [email-masked] (Mike Rehmus)
Date: 8 Feb 1995 17:15:14 GMT

>death. They're jerks to be avoided...  

Ed,

Interesting responses to ENCO from a lot of people.  I don't buy machine 
tools from them but for brand name stuff, they are consistently well 
below other companies that I have found.  Also, I've made friends with 
the local ENCO staff (only can do that if they are real local) and 
anything that goes wrong gets taken care of quickly.  They have even 
seen things my way when I caused part of the problem.

It would be interesting to publish as part of the metals FAQ or in a 
separate Vendor FAQ, the experiences we've had with vendors.  The only 
problem is that quite a few of us (myself included) contribute to these 
problems with the vendors.  Any suggestions how we keep it honest in 
both directions?  Ask the vendors to participate?

Best,

Mike

---

From: [email-masked] (Greg Lewis)
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 1995 01:14:14 GMT

>both directions?  Ask the vendors to participate?

There have been Enco threads before here. My experience consists of 7
orders I placed with them about 9 or 10 years ago. I had a problem
with every one-defective or missing merchandise. In the end, I
suffered vulgar language and insults from their staff with no
provocation from me whatsoever. I also began receiving past due bills
for an amount that was supposed to be refunded to me. It was resolved
only with a person-to-person collect call to Mr. Usiskian himself.
While some of you have good results from them, I will never do
business with them again.

___________________________________________________________________
[email-masked]      	   	     They don't
Photojournalism sequence      	   	     Call this place
Department of Mass Communication   	     An institution
     and Journalism 	      	   	     For nothing