Subject: RTV Source

From: [email-masked] (Don Stauffer)
Date: 10 Oct 1994 07:58:21 CDT

Several people asked me for the address of Ace Resin, that offers an RTV 
for moldmaking that they claim doesn't need to be vacuum debubbled.  I 
have used several pints of it, and it seems to work quite well.

Ace Resin
7481 E. 30th St.
Tucson, AZ 85710

602-886-8051

They get $20.95 for 16 oz of RTV with catalyst, plus S&H.  I have no 
connection with Ace other than being a satisfied customer.

Don Stauffer in Minneapolis

---

From: [email-masked] (David L Glos)
Date: 12 Oct 1994 18:20:56 -0400

>have used several pints of it, and it seems to work quite well.

I have used a wide variety of silicone and urethane RTV molding compounds 
and have found the best to be Shin Etsu 1300T. This is a transparent, 40A 
durometer, platinum cure RTV. The only caution is certain materials, 
natural rubber and sulphur containing products in particular, will inhibit 
the cure of any platinum cure silicone RTV. You can get this stuff, and 
many other interesting industrial casting, molding and adhesive products 
>from  the following people:

	Rudolph Bros. 
	960 Walnut St.
	PO Box 175
	Canal Winchester, OH 43110
	(614) 833-0707

No connection other than a satisfied customer. Cost is about 28 bucks for 
a 1kg kit (not quite a quart). If you order, make certain you ask for an 
instruction sheet as they are only provided upon request for most 
professional products.

*Tip of the day*

To get around the need for vacuum degassing of this material just place 
it in a freezer immediately after mixing. This will slow the reaction 
dowm and allow the bubbles to escape. I typically leave the batch in 
overnight for best results. If the mold is small, go ahead and pour it 
and place the whole mess in the freezer. Next day take it out and it will 
cure normally after reaching room temperature. With this technique I can 
always produce completely bubble free molds. 

I would be happy to answer any more questions on this.

Good Luck
David Glos