Subject: Re: Where can I get foundry sand?

From: [email-masked] (BrnzCaster)
Date: 7 Feb 1995 09:15:42 -0500

Bob Coyle and et al:

I your search for foundry supplies around the country (US), first try your
local Yellow Pages under CASTING and FOUNDRY.
Next, try calling the local commercial foundries in your area ... many
times you'll get stonewalled but some of us will supply info, or even
materials.

I haven't tried using the following suggestion from J. Kirkpatrick's
METALS.FAQ ... give it a try:

--  Special entry:  Not a company or anything, but for more info on
     crafts supplies, send e-mail to [email-masked]
     and put "WANTED:" at the beginning of the subject line.  This is
     a non-profit service of PEI Crafts Council in Charlottetown,
     Price Edward Island, Canada.  They maintain a list of crafts
     suppliers and can answer questions like "give me a list of ceramics
     suppliers East of the Mississippi" or "who sells ConeArt kilns?"
     (per a post 9-Nov-1993)
--

If you are willing to pay the price, most jewelry supply houses, like
SWEST, handle some sandcasting supplies, and the large companies have
warehouses all over the US.

I know it can be difficult in obtaining foundry materials and supplies for
the small operation ... for some of my stuff, I travel over 600 miles to
get it.

Winston W. Harness
Metal Casting Services
[email-masked] / [email-masked]