Subject: 0000-160 to 2-56 screws, nuts and washers

From: [email-masked] (Steve Hampson)
Date: 26 Jan 1995 22:25:21 GMT

>From  the EE Times Product Shopper and Literature Review:

        Precision manufactured by us for stack and order.  Sizes
        0000-160 to 2-56 and popular UNM sizes stocked in many
        head styles and lengths in both brass and burr-free stainless.
        Matching taps, chasers and gages available.  Write for catalog
        or send print for prompt quotation.  J. I. Morris Co., 394 Elm
        Street, Southbridge, MA 01550. 508-764-4394 fax 508-764-7350.

--
Steve Hampson                           
Blue Sky Research
534 SW 3rd Ave
Portland, OR 97204
503-222-9571
503-222-1643 fax

---

From: David Josephson <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Jan 1995 19:17:51 GMT

>        Street, Southbridge, MA 01550. 508-764-4394 fax 508-764-7350.

I second that, they make excellent parts.

But, bring big bags of money! 

I make microphones, and use lots of tiny screws in some of them 
(000 and 00, or 1 and 1.4 mm). For short run projects it's probably not 
a significant cost, but even in 1,000-5,000 lots Morris was talking over 
a dollar per screw. Bossard has metric ones in brass for just under a 
dollar, and I thought I was stuck with them. But finally found, through a 
friend there, a Japanese vendor of "camera screws" and they came down 
to $0.10-0.20 apiece, for Phillips head in stainless. But it's apparently 
a local market deal only, I have been unable to find them through anyone
here in the US. 

Anyone find such a source here?
-- 
David Josephson / Josephson Engineering / San Jose CA / [email-masked]