Subject: Illegal to own pure gold?

From: [email-masked] (AL FEYEN)
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 94 01:55:00 -0600

Edward D Schernau said, sounding intelligent
*-------------------------------------->
|
|Someone just told me that they heard that it was illegal in the US
|to own pure gold?
|
|What is this crap?
|
|Ed
*--------------------------------------->

At one time it was, many years ago, when the price of gold was fixed by
law.  I believe that you had to have a license to own gold in a
non-jewelry form.

But, that was a long time ago.

It is now legal to own gold in any form.

    <<<<<<<<<<*>>>>>>>>>>>>���� EagleStar ۲��<<<<<<<<<<<<*>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
---
 � 12/02/94 � Doesn't matter if it's gold--long as it's silver.