Subject: Need source of aluminu heatsink, square cross section extrusion

From: [email-masked] (NEIL B. GANDLER)
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 1995 17:03:00 GMT

Im currently designing an audio power amplifier and would like to design
my own custom heatsinks. Im choosing aluminium for its superior heat dissipating
property, light weight and ease of cutting over steel. The problem is, I
havent been able to find a local aluminium supplier who can provide me 
with the following type of heatsink. 

cross sectional view

		******************************************
		******************************************
		****                                  ****
		****                                  ****
		****                                  ****
		****                                  ****
		****                                  ****
		****                                  ****
		****	                              ****   
		****                                  ****
		******************************************		              
		******************************************		
		
	THE ALUMINIUM PREFERABLY IS BETWEEN 1/16 AND 1/8 INCH THICK

	THE DESIGN BASICALLY IS A HOLLOW RECTANGULAR WAVEGUIDE WHICH HAS
QUITE A LARGE SURFACE. I WOULD APPRECIATE SOME ADVICE ON WHERE I COULD
GET SOMETHING LIKE THIS MANUFACTURED FOR ME. 

			Neil B. Gandler