Subject: TIN PLATE sources

From: [email-masked] (Darrell Markewitz)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 1994 14:00:10 GMT

the WAREHAM FORGE
Hamlet of Wareham
RR #2, Proton Stn
Ont, CDN -  N0C 1L0
(519) 923- 9219
[email-masked]

This message is directed at Richard Rodriguez, but may be of some
interest to everyone.

Some sources for tin plate, in small quanities. Thanks to Philip Eckert
of Old Sturbridge Village, Mass.

Vorys Brothers, bx 328, 834W. 3rd AVE, Columbus, OH - 43216, (614)
294-4701

Weirton Steel, 400 Three Springs, Weirton, WV - 26026, (800) 624-5490

Country Accents, bx 437, Montoursville, PA - 17754, (717) 478-4127

Also, stick to either tin plate, brass, or copper sheet for your
project, (in order of all round ease of work and suitablity). I'm
assuming that you are a home workshop kind of guy! Working with
stainless sheet is much harder from a technical standpoint. If nothing
else, all the materials I listed above can be SOLDERED as opposed to
WELDED (for the stainless).
As far as durability goes, I might point out that there are plenty of
tin plate items remaining from Victorian times (Ops! That would be
'Civil War Era' for you South of the boarder.)
Hope this helps, and GOOD LUCK!
Darrell