Subject: Inconel source needed.

From: [email-masked] (Mr. X)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 1994 20:13:10 GMT

Hi folks.

I am in the process of building a gas furnace a la the ABANA plans, only
it will be 60 inches deep for forging large blades.  Given that these 
larger pieces are heavy, I want to cover the bottom refractory with a
sheet of 1/8" Inconel or Incalloy.  I have not had the time to go look
in a Thomas Register for sources, so again I turn to you folks for help.

Anyone know where I can find some o' dis stuff?  I am already aware of the
high cost of this material, so you don't have to warn me aboutit, but thanks
for the loving concern in advance :).

Thanks much.
-- 
	-Andy V.	[email-masked]		(Mr. X)

	"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those that damage me."

						-Archilochus, 650 BC

---

From: Taylor@lll-winken (John W. Taylor)
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 1994 11:39:51

>    Thanks much.

I too would like to know of a source.  I understand that the inconel could
be thiner but will warp some.

        Thanks  John  [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (DEBBEE1023)
Date: 17 Aug 1994 20:20:04 -0400

Try Robin Materials in Mt. View, CA  for inconel...(415) 966-1533---our
company buys very little material...and this company is great..they help
the "little guy" out as well as the larger companies..we have also
purchased all sorts of stuff from them...including moly...and if they
can't help you, they will locate a place to purchase metal that you are
looking for...their customer service is inbelievable.

Hope this helps you in your search.

Debbee