Subject: Small foundry operations

From: [email-masked] (BrnzCaster)
Date: 30 Dec 1994 18:07:06 -0500

I've been reading the posts regarding small hobby foundry operations.
I have operated a one-man foundry in Missouri for the last 20+ years.
I cast mainly Silicon Bronze, using sandcasting and lostwax techniques.
Anyone wanting info or to share techniques (tricks) and material sources
can contact me at [email-masked] or [email-masked].

Winston Harness

---

From: MELTINGPOT <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 DEC 94 02:24:23 -0500

Winston ........Have a pleasant and harmonious New Year...."it's on me"..
I'll stay in touch...and hopefully stop by your shop..in 1995..
       John P.Beckley         The Melting Pot(tm)
                              po box 13454
                              Silver Spring, Maryland 20911
                                E-Mail [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 95 04:10:06

Winston, could not belive your note.. Have been looking in this thread for
months to find you.... I am trying to buy a furnace from a firm in California
that works off of propane (live miles from nearest gas line). I will
deffinately want to keep in contact with you if this is ok.. I hope to be setup
and pouring by the end of May, '95. (if my budget is even close to real).  
This furnace will handle up to 110 lbs. silicon brass and/or 35 lbs. aluminum. 
 Have you ever heard of PYRAMID PRODUCTS CO> in or out of Niland, California ? 
 Will type more as the year gets older.. My experience level is all from
college, working on my MFA in Sculpture now.  Thanks for the offer to converse.
M.D. Sharp > Downs, Kansas 67437..

---

From: [email-masked] (David Adams)
Date: 3 Jan 95 10:26:14 CST

> can contact me at [email-masked] or [email-masked].

Oh please!  Don't take this off line!  It was just getting good!

What kind of "cooker" do you use?  Where'ja get it?

---
	-David  [email-masked]

-- 
	-David  [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Edward Haas Jr)
Date: 11 Jan 1995 04:03:45 GMT

[email-masked] wrote:
	(text deleted)
	--I've got a followup question about the use of oil for firing a 
foundry. Owing to the tendency of soot to be produced by an oil burner, 
particularly if something nasssssty like crankcase drainings are used, 
wouldn't there be a danger of trapping these by-products of combustion in 
the melt, and might this not spoil the pour? 

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas		:	Co-founder of the 
Voice: 805-968-7534		:	    SBSMEEBBQ
FAX:   805-JOB-TWAT		:	-Call about our Newsletter!
	--------Decks a-wash in a sea of words!!--------