Subject: P-38

From: Bruce Olson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 95 18:25:18 -0500

I ran across of copy of LIFE mag. this eekend and saw an article about
WWIairplanes being salvaged in Greenland.  They were buried in many
feet of snow and one had been recovered a P-38.  The people were from
Atlanta and the action took place in 1992.  Anyone know anything about
this or where I could find out the results?

---

From: [email-masked] (Bill Webster)
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 1995 07:43:32 -0500

> this or where I could find out the results?

There was also a TV program showing the recovery efforts.  It was aired in
1994 between Sept. to Dec.  I don't recall if it was on PBS or TLC or
A&E.  Sorry.

Good luck hunting the magazine articles.  They may be your best bet.

regards.

-- 
Bill Webster ([email-masked])

---

From: Carl C. Carlsen <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Feb 1995 06:41:45 GMT

Try giving Flying magazine a call, or the A.O.P.A. back around 
the maryland area.  Sorry, I had both current magazines, but just 
finished them a couple of days ago and tossed them out or I would 
give you a phone number.  Or, try the E.A.A. (Experimental 
Aircraft Assn) back in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.  Any of those folks 
should know something about it as they have all had articles on 
the venture.     Carl

-- 
Carl C. Carlsen