Subject: mill setups

From: [email-masked] (David Erickson)
Date: 22 Nov 1994 19:29:05 GMT

I know this is backwards, but I have a nice set of mill tooling and no
mill.  I've been looking for a mill that takes the tooling I have without
success so far.  If I knew what to look for, that would probably help.

The tooling I have is Universal Engineering quick release, and includes both 
tool holders and collet holders for small and medium sized Accura-Flex collets.
The taper on the tool holders is somewhere between 30 and 40 taper.

Any information about mills which came set up for this tooling, or about
converting R8 or 40/50 taper to this tooling would be appreciated.

-Dave Erickson

---

From: [email-masked] (Alan Frisbie)
Date: 27 Nov 94 17:31:59 PST

> The taper on the tool holders is somewhere between 30 and 40 taper.

This is the tooling used with my Bridgeport CNC Series 1 mill.
I have not seen it used on any other machine, but a local machinist
says it is "good stuff".   According to their catalog, they make
retrofit kits (spindles) for most major machine makes.   You
are most likely to find it on CNC machines, since that is where
quick-switch tooling makes the most sense.

The company is now known as Tooling Systems Division, but
is still at the same address:

        Tooling Systems Division (Universal Engineering)
        126 North Main Street
        Frankenmuth, Michigan 48734

        517-652-9911 (Voice)
        517-652-9631 (FAX)

A few companies make compatible tooling.   One, Collis Inc.,
is listed on page 1537 of the 1994/95 MSC catalog.

> converting R8 or 40/50 taper to this tooling would be appreciated.

Page 8 of the Tooling Systems Division (Universal Engin