Subject: Need recomendation for Machinists Handbook

From: [email-masked] (FeC141b)
Date: 23 Oct 1994 01:21:01 -0400

Can any of you home machinists (or proffessionals) recommend a good
machinists hand book. I am a buddung machinist with some good equipment
but no formal training...What I'm looking for is a well rounded book that
is as much technique as it is feeds and speeds...something that that is
extensively technical, but in terms of writing, stays on the laymans side
of the house... Thanks, Ron

---

From: [email-masked] (Mark Fraser)
Date: 23 Oct 1994 08:00:52 GMT

I'd start with a collection of back-issues, books and other publi-
cations by Home Shop Machinist.  The Machinist's Bedside Reader
series by Guy Lautard.  HSM 800 447 7367.  Write Guy Lautard for
price list, descriptions at 2750 Rosebery Ave
West Vancouver, BC Canada, V7V 2Z9 - hemay anser the Phone
at 604 922 4909.  [Took the trouble to look him up and visit,
since he's just a few miles from me - interesting guy, pretty
good writer, very helpful, and just like you and I, apparentlyu...]

I have no connection with HSM or Guy Lautard.  I doubt that I'll
get a toaster for recommeding his books...

Cheers / Mark

FeC141b ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Can any of you home machinists (or proffessionals) recommend a good
: machinists hand book. I am a buddung machinist with some good equipment
: but no formal training...What I'm looking for is a well rounded book that
: is as much technique as it is feeds and speeds...something that that is
: extensively technical, but in terms of writing, stays on the laymans side
: of the house... Thanks, Ron