Subject: drill bit extention

From: [email-masked] (Stig Opdoehl)
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 1995 11:43:55 GMT

I need to make an extention for a 2,5 mm drillbit. The extention must be 6
cm long and have a 4,1 mm diameter. I thought of machining a steel rod
with the abowe dimentions and drilling a 2,5 mm hole in the center and
attach te drillbit in this hole -------------------------- 
                                                   ============ Drill bit
                                --------------------------
                                      steel rod
How should I attach the drill bit? Solder, superglue... Please advise.
Is there a commercial made product that will meet my requirements?

---

From: [email-masked] (Charles Lamont)
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 1995 23:18:00 +0000

> attach te drillbit in this hole -------------------------- 

I think you will have to make the extension.  Use an anaerobic adhesive such
as 'Loctite' (and don't take any notice of any other suggestion :).
 
-- 
Charles Lamont