Subject: Re: Looking for > 200 mesh sand/silica flour.

From: [email-masked] (J Rustenhoven)
Date: 2 Mar 1995 23:42:20 GMT

[email-masked] (Ixthos) writes:

> Hi;

> Can anyone tell me where to get sand finer than 150 mesh and or silica 
>flour in the central eastern seaboard???
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks;

>C.W. Thomas

I  only read this group to email the contents to someone without
news access.  In real life I'm a chemist and we use very fine silica
routinely to separate compounds on.  Try any big chemical concern
such as Aldrich, Merck or Riedel-de- hahn.  The stuff I mostly use
is 200-430 mesh.  You can buy finer, and I have known someone to put
the 230-400 mesh stuff through a special sieve (to give vey low yields
of very fine silica). The 1992-1993 Aldrich catalogue quotes 130-270 mesh
silica at US$84 per kilo.  70-230 is about half the price.

J.J. Rustenhoven

---

From: [email-masked] (Ixthos)
Date: 28 Feb 1995 19:50:46 -0500

Hi;

 Thanks;

C.W. Thomas