Subject: Exceptional Master Engraver

From: C. Samson Munn, M.D. <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Nov 1994 15:38:44 GMT

Recently, I came across a master engraver of truly rare ability. 
It was in a little town in Germany, near Düsseldorf.  Of course, 
there are fine engravers thoughout the world.  But there are 
precious few engravers remaining with the truly superb ability of 
past masters.  Herr Kurt Krämer demonstrates that rare older 
fantastic technique and ability few still have.
   I'm writing this message only because I feel obligated to let the
world know that such expertise still exists!  As you may know, there
are levels of perfection beyond that created by today's 
computer-driven and laser-driven engraving techniques, but only few 
people still demonstrate such ability.
   I personally saw phenomenal examples of medals, coins, automobile
parts, flat and curved metal stamps, machinery label plates, mugs, 
etc., made of various metals, including for jewelry.
   This is not an advertisement.  I am not a family member, 
employee, etc.  I am paid nothing for posting this Usenet message.  
The truth is, I was impressed by the level of perfection, and 
thought others out there in the world might have some interest in 
knowing that this superior level of engraving still is available!
   If you're interested: Kurt Krämer, Seminarstraße 6/8,
40822 Mettmann, Germany.  Phone: (0) 2104 70491.

-- 
P.O.Box 183, Newton Centre, MA 02159-0002, USA    (fax=617-327-8259)

---

From: [email-masked] (J. Kimberlin)
Date: 21 Nov 1994 17:19:18 -0800

>40822 Mettmann, Germany.  Phone: (0) 2104 70491.

I am sure there are American Engravers alive and well.  Anyone interested 
in fine engraving on firearms knows where to find them.  Contact the NRA.

JerryK

---

From: [email-masked] (John Angus)
Date: 24 Nov 1994 06:33:27 GMT

Back in the late '60's I had some banjo parts I wanted to have engraved by
hand, rather than machine, which most jewelry shops will do. I lived very
near Folsom prison at the time and during a visit to their gift shop one
day I saw some VERY good engraving on some of the gift items. I asked the
guy behind the counter if they had been done there. He replied "yes" and
told me that some of the best engravers in the country were in temporary
residence there. To make a long story short, I ended up taking the parts
to the prison, came back in about a month, and have some of the finest
engraving I have ever seen on a musical instrument. It seems that ex-
counterfeiters are VERY GOOD engravers.

I doubt that you could get a firearm done that way though.:-)

John

--
John Angus                    [email-masked]

Working with Windoze is sort of like playing "Chutes and Ladders"...
WITHOUT THE LADDERS!!