Subject: Re: Illegal to own pure gold???

From: [email-masked] (Vince Miller)
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 1994 22:37:26 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Eric Perozziello) writes:
>From: [email-masked] (Eric Perozziello)
>Subject: Re: Illegal to own pure gold???
>Date: 30 Nov 1994 18:53:03 GMT

>[email-masked] (Edward D Schernau) writes:
>>Someone just told me that they heard that it was illegal in the US
>>to own pure gold?

Perhaps this is an English grammer problem, Inderect Discourse is put in the 
past tense "he said it was" easily confused with the plain old past tense.  
(It's much clearer in Latin)

It was illegal some time ago.  Obviously it isn't now.

>Then I guess I'm a federal criminal!  I have some that's 
>"five nines" pure.  You can buy it "over the counter".  Hmmmm,
>does that make the dealer a "partner in crime?" 

>>What is this crap?

>I think you answered your own question...

---

From: [email-masked] (Eric Perozziello)
Date: 30 Nov 1994 18:53:03 GMT