Subject: Wrought Iron

From: [email-masked] (Chris Webb)
Date: 16 Dec 1994 09:06:49 -0000

I believe the last wrought iron was made by Thomas Walmsleys of Bolton
England, in the early 1970's. Their steam powered, hand operated rolling
mill closed in about 1984. I think some has been made recently at 
Blists Hill Museum, or The Black Country Museum in England. 

Chris Webb, Nottingham England.

---

From: [email-masked] (Randy Lee)
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 94 17:56:29 GMT

In Article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Chris
>Chris Webb, Nottingham England.

Chris,

could you (or some other UK user) post address/phone number Info on Blists
Hill to the Group? the FAQ just  has the name... no details... that way some
one can check with their operation on output of wrought iron and their rules
on selling the output of their bloomery... ie is it just to other Mus. or do
they sell mailorder to the public... how much and in what form

~R
________________________________________________________
Randolph Lee    [email-masked]  [email-masked]
Tag space For rent!.... Inquire Above for attractive rates!