Subject: Re: Casting, etc.

From: [email-masked] (BrnzCaster)
Date: 10 Jan 1995 02:16:27 -0500

The sand is porous, but one must develop technique on how hard to ram the
sand, how to vent the mold cavity, how to gate, riser, etc.
Who said this was easy?

Winston

---

From: [email-masked] (Joseph R. Landau)
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 1995 04:20:16 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, MadMat9 ([email-masked]) writes:
>Everyone:
>
>P.S.  I am seeking someone who knows about variable electronic speed
>control for single phase motors.  I have a #40 taper milling head and I'd
>love to have about 1 HP of variable speed direct drive for it.  I know
>this may be a well worn subject, but, hey, I'm new here!  Fire away!
>

There was some discussion on this a month or two back.  Perhaps it
can be found in the archives of the group.  The verdict was no,
not with single phase. Possibilities seem to be: electronic
(even digital) controllers for 3-phase (expensive), universal
motors, and DC PM motors.  I found one of the latter with a speed
control, and it's very nice. Only trouble is, I haven't found
another. 

--
Joseph R. Landau                       Internet:[email-masked]
Applied Software Technology                         (408) 370-2662
591 W. Hamilton Ave., #201
Campbell, CA 95008  USA                             Even Jove Nods