Subject: storage boxes (wood)

From: [email-masked] (thomas walter x5955)
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 1994 17:54:32 GMT

Storage Boxes:

I know this is more of a wood working question, but I have been told
some glues are acidic in nature, and should be avoided when making up
little storage boxes.  Fine and Dandy, but WHICH WOOD GLUE should I
use?

Also of the felt to line a drawer, any recommendations?  Do you typically
treat the felt with a rust-inhibitor? Any recommendations?(WD-40?) 

SIDE for other hsm's:  Guy Lautards "Third Machinist Bedside Reader"
has some good ideas on building boxes. Also Fine Wood Working put out
a paperback titled "Box's, carcasses, and drawers". Good information

Thanks,

Tom Walter						[email-masked]
Austin, TX --> humid days and cardboard boxes are a bad combination! :-(

---

From: [email-masked] (Mark McDade x6841)
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 1994 05:44:06 GMT

thomas walter x5955 ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Storage Boxes:

: I know this is more of a wood working question, but I have been told
: some glues are acidic in nature, and should be avoided when making up
: little storage boxes.  Fine and Dandy, but WHICH WOOD GLUE should I
: use?

. . .

Likewise, what about putting milling cutters and similar tools into
holes in wooden blocks (a common practice)?  Some wood is quite acidic,
too!

Mark

[email-masked]