Subject: Sterling Engine? Where ca

From: [email-masked] (Roy Parker)
Date: Wed, 31 May 95 20:45:00 -0600

JJ> I would like to build a sterling engine.  Does anyone have a
JJ> reference for me for plans, kits, etc?  Thanks ... Jack

A number of years ago there was a company in Athens, Ohio that was 
working on Sterling engines. They went commercial at one time, but I 
moved and lost track of where they were. I suggest you call Ohio 
University in Athens, Ohio (AC 614) and see if anyone in the mechanical 
engineering department can help you. If that doesn't work, e-mail me at 
[email-masked] (include your return e-mail address!). The 
outfit I have in mind (called Sunpower) had a viable pump for use in 
third world nations. Don't know where it went from there, but can track 
down one or two of the critical people, I think.  Hope this helps.

 * RM 1.3 02784 * Why are there so many gnarly limbs on my family tree?

---

From: Mike Rehmus <[email-masked]>
Date: 4 Jun 1995 18:30:33 GMT

I just read they were purchase by a company in, I think, Los Angeles.  ARticle was 
in Modeltec, latest issue.

Best,

Mike Rehmus

---

From: Mike Rehmus <[email-masked]>
Date: 4 Jun 1995 18:30:33 GMT

Best,

Mike Rehmus