Subject: Re: knifemaking newsgroup?

From: [email-masked] (David Falk)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 1995 19:18:59 GMT

william c. wilson ([email-masked]) wrote:

: Is there a seperate newsgroup for forging and stock reduction
: knifemaking? If so what is it called?

Nope, not yet anyway.  I tend to read both rec.crafts.metalwork
and rec.crafts.jewelry.  However, if you want to talk about some
some knifemaking, feel free to e-mail me.

Dave.
-- 
David Falk, Junior System Administrator, SoftQuad Inc.  <[email-masked]>  
<!ENTITY Subliminal_Message    "Do a Nice Thing for Someone Today"  >
*My opinions do not represent those of SoftQuad Inc.*            IRC: Sutekh 
**KIMAGURE ORANGE ROAD... FOREVER****Linux, choice of a GnuType Generation**

---

From: [email-masked] (william thomas powers)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 21:31:26 -0500

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (David Falk) writes:
>However, if you want to talk about some some knifemaking, feel free to
> e-mail me.
>Dave.

*Don't you dare!* spill it out here where the rest of us knifemakers
can join in. It would be nice to read about more things I am interested
in!

BTW the person who stated that a project would be easy if you had some metal
working skills:  I can forge, forgeweld, pattern-weld, heat treat, cast,
file, buff and grind--somehow I don't think these apply to lathe work,
milling and other operations where the "bigger Hammer" weighs 35 pounds...
(this divirsion brought to you by OSU CIS software which will not allow
you to post a short comment to a longer quote)

Thomas
Columbus, OH

---

From: [email-masked] (James Kirkpatrick)
Date: 22 Mar 95 12:36:46 MST

In article <[email-masked]>, "william c. wilson" <[email-masked]> writes:
|>
|>Is there a seperate newsgroup for forging and stock reduction
|>knifemaking? If so what is it called?

There's not a newsgroup that I know of, but there is a mailing list:

    A mailing list for knifemakers, knife collectors, and people interested
    in edged-weaponry martial arts and techniques is the "EDGE" mailing list.
    Requests to be added to this list should be sent to:

      [email-masked]

    Submissions to the list itself should be sent to:

      [email-masked]

    Topics on this list have ranged across topics like discussions of the
    types of steels used in knives, and why select one over another; the
    qualities and selection of different types of pocket tools [such as the
    Gerber Multi-Plier, the Leatherman, the SOG Toolclip, etc.]; current
    sales on knives from mail-order or discount-house sources; why Japanese
    swords are made the way they are/were, and how to take care of such a
    sword; selecting modern reproduction swords for martial-arts purposes;
    and many other edged-weapon and edged-tool subjects.

Jim

---

From: "william c. wilson" <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Mar 1995 01:09:51 GMT

Is there a seperate newsgroup for forging and stock reduction
knifemaking? If so what is it called?

Wildbill