Subject: Re: Anodzing info needed. Pleae!

From: [email-masked] (James Kirkpatrick)
Date: 10 Apr 95 11:30:18 MDT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Philip Sokolowski) writes:
|>There have been some interesting discussions on rec.sports.paintball lately
|>about anodizing.  It has been teh fad recently to get your gun "custom
|>colored" and it is expensive around here.  Now, as I understand, it is not
|>that difficult, noe expensive, so if anyone can send me some info on what
|>you need, and how to go about the process, please let me know!  I especially
|>need info on what metals can and can not be anodized, how to strip
|>anodizing, and what is required/where to purchase it.

A start would be to check out our FAQ.  It can be obtained at
plains.uwyo.edu, in the METAL directory.  Try part 5, question 29.

Jim

---

From: [email-masked] (James Kirkpatrick)
Date: 10 Apr 95 11:30:18 MDT

Jim

---

From: [email-masked] (MUS2001)
Date: 6 Apr 1995 16:27:54 -0400

Try looking in automotive magazines.  Plenty of advertisers to sell
at-home kits.  I've heard that it is not that easy and most people have
trouble in that they cannot keep a temperature controlled bath in their
garage for cost and safety reasons.  But good luck.

Tim Musholt
Q.A. Manager 
Musick Plating Co.
[email-masked]