Subject: No more metal polishing, ever

From: [email-masked] (Phil Baruch)
Date: 23 May 1995 02:42:56 GMT

We’re please to provide valuable information on this 
revolutionary fine metal maintenance technology:

Imagine your fine metal retaining its original finish unaffected 
by trapped moisture or mildew!

Imagine preventing pitting, tarnishing and wear cause by 
fingertips.

Imagine no more Rust or Corrosion!

Imagine heat, cold, rain, abrasive brush or falling on the 
ground  not harming your metal's finish!

Imagine one application lasting up to 4 years!

Sound to good to be true. I did until I saw it work and talked 
with experienced users who were equally unconvinced until they 
tried it. You will be hearing more about this technology, it 
will change metal maintenance forever. (Also great for brass, 
silver and other metals requiring polishing and cleaning)

This product is called Royal Metal Shield and is a space age 
technology utilizing a clear polymer barrier. Royal Metal Shield 
was developed over six years ago and has undergone extensive 
testing. Royal Metal Shield won't hurt your weapons finish. 

Royal Metal Shield comes with a One Year Money Back Guarantee.

Special introductory pricing is available for $19.95 plus $3.00 
shipping (6.5% sales tax in Florida). If buying two or more 
bottles shipping is included. 

To order call MAXIT Corporation at 800-784-4027 (USA only) or 
904-642-5085 (Outside USA). Mastercard, VISA and checks can be 
used when phone ordering or mail your check or money order to:

MAXIT Corporation
11356 Canvasback Ct
Jacksonville, FL 32225

Dealer inquiries are welcome.

---

From: Randy Kuehntopp <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 May 1995 14:01:24 GMT

>by trapped moisture or mildew!

snip.......

>Dealer inquiries are welcome.

Has anyone tryed this stuff on forged steel??  I have used 
clear powder coating in the past with great results, but would 
like to find something that i can apply myself without special 
(read: lots-o-$$$) equipment!

Thanks!
Randy Kuehntopp
Blacksmith

---

From: [email-masked] (Dan Wold)
Date: 24 May 1995 23:22:12 -0400

Michael J. Edelman ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Ken Christianson ([email-masked]) wrote:
: : >
: : I have had great luck with a product called Boeshield T9 which comes in
: : a spray container, possibly other ways also.  Spray it on, wipe it down
: : and it protects much better than LPT3 or other things that I have
: : tried. 

: Here's another vote for Boeshield. Great product. It's basically wax
: and a solvent, but it's quite tenacious. I use it to protect bicycles
: being ridden in the winter (we salt the roads here) and mountain
: bikes ridden anywhere. I also use it on my tablesaw and other tools.

: I think I'll be using it on the bottom of my canoe as well- easier than 
: hand waxing.

: --mike

I'd like to try Boeshield T9. Where can I get it?

Thanks

-Dan

-- 
[email-masked]
Daniel Wold                               239 City Island Ave,Bronx,NY,10464
finger [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Ken Christianson)
Date: 24 May 1995 19:21:23 GMT

>(read: lots-o-$$$) equipment!

I have had great luck with a product called Boeshield T9 which comes in
a spray container, possibly other ways also.  Spray it on, wipe it down
and it protects much better than LPT3 or other things that I have
tried. 
Of course it was developed by that company in Seattle <G>, but from
what the news says, they need all the help they can get now.  It is
produced by PMS Products, Inc., Holland , Mi 49424 under a license from
Boeing and Parker Chemical.  However many woodworking companies
(Garrett Wade, Eagle Tools in Altadena, Calif., among others) sell it
for use on machinery.
The stuff dries to a thin coat and you can rub it in almost like a wax.
The advantage for woodworkers is that there is no stain or coloration
that is transferred to the wood that would mess up the finishing
processes.
Yachting Magazine tried the product and thought it was excellent also.

---

From: [email-masked] (Michael J. Edelman)
Date: 24 May 1995 19:44:12 GMT

Ken Christianson ([email-masked]) wrote:
: >
: I have had great luck with a product called Boeshield T9 which comes in
: a spray container, possibly other ways also.  Spray it on, wipe it down
: and it protects much better than LPT3 or other things that I have
: tried. 

Here's another vote for Boeshield. Great product. It's basically wax
and a solvent, but it's quite tenacious. I use it to protect bicycles
being ridden in the winter (we salt the roads here) and mountain
bikes ridden anywhere. I also use it on my tablesaw and other tools.

I think I'll be using it on the bottom of my canoe as well- easier than 
hand waxing.

--mike

---

From: [email-masked] (Copsmith)
Date: 24 May 1995 01:18:56 -0400

You are not supposed to use this forum for advertising.

---

From: [email-masked] (Doug White)
Date: Sat, 27 May 95 13:30:40 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Dan Wold) wrote:
<snip>
<
<I'd like to try Boeshield T9. Where can I get it?
<
<Thanks
<
<-Dan

A number of marine (boat, not soldier) supply stores carry it.  I know 
West Marine sells it, and they have branches around the country.

Doug White

---

From: [email-masked] (Ken Christianson)
Date: 27 May 1995 22:34:45 GMT

>West Marine sells it, and they have branches around the country.

-> You can contact Garrett-Wade Co. at (800)221-2942 or Jesse Barrigan
at Eagle Tools (818)797-8262 {one of the most honest woodworking people
you'll ever want to meet}.  Jesse is in the Pasadena,Calif. area.  Both
will mail you any quantity that you need.
   Suggestion: Get the Garrett-Wade catalog - quality is excellent, and
there is a lot of info in there.
   Regards to all,
    Ken

(I have absolutly no financial interest in this at all.  Just want to
share the info.)

---

From: Scott Hardy <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 May 1995 17:02:35 GMT

Yes, My friends!!! 
 
You to can have this increadibly amazing product for the outrageously low   
price of 19.99!!!   
 
Yes that it my friends!!!  only 19.99 and say good buy to rust and mildew   
forever!!! 
 
--  
S. Hardy