Subject: Boring process in Alluminium metal

From: [email-masked] (Sam Munzani)
Date: 27 May 1995 04:18:38 GMT

Hi!

I am posting for one of my friend in metal processing business. He has 
following questions. Any answers will be appreciated.

1. Planning to drill holes of 1.5 to 2.0 inch. in T6061 metal. What would be 
the best way to do that?

2. At the same time it should champher back and front.

Thanks in advance,

Sam Munzani
[email-masked]

---

From: Charles Lamont <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 May 1995 22:09:46 +0100

> 2. At the same time it should champher back and front.

Your question is unanswerable without without more information.

How thick is the metal?  What dimensional accuracy is required for the position,
diameter, roundness, and parallelism of the holes?  What sort of surface finish
is required?  How big a chamfer?  What machinery is available?

-- 
Charles