Subject: Casting supplier for low melting alloys

From: William Kaukler <[email-masked]>
Date: 5 Jun 1995 14:05:21 GMT

I know at least one company exists that caters to the miniatures and tin   
soldier making types that offered molds, low melting alloys like   
zinc alloys, leadless pewter or wood's metal, mold making materials and   
other other casting supplies.  Where is/are this/these company(ies)???    
They don't advertise in anyplace I see.  Are there none in business?? 
 
Micro Mark only has a few alloys, and in small quantities.  It doen't   
suit my needs. 
 
I already have bullet casting equipment that is well suited to this task   
but I need the speciallized alloys and would like some prefabricated   
molds or wax patterns.   
 
--  
William F. Kaukler, PhD., Met. & Mat. Sci.          phone 205-544-0693 
The University of Alabama in Huntsville 
Center for Microgravity and Materials Research; Huntsville, AL 35899 
and at NASA, Marshall Space Flight Center, Alabama 35812

---

From: [email-masked] (Bruce E. Ferguson)
Date: 6 Jun 1995 12:28:10 GMT

>...

My two persona favorites are:

        The Dunken Company 800-544-MOLD
and
        Castings 360-376-3266

Of the two, Dunken seems to have a wider variety of metal, but Castings
molds are much less expensive.  I seems that most master mold makers are
out of business.  If you find a company currently making new masters, 
please let me know.

Good luck,
Bruce

---

From: [email-masked] (bruce burden)
Date: 6 Jun 1995 21:35:55 GMT

William Kaukler ([email-masked]) wrote:
: I know at least one company exists that caters to the miniatures and tin   
: soldier making types that offered molds, low melting alloys like   
: zinc alloys, leadless pewter or wood's metal, mold making materials and   
: other other casting supplies.  Where is/are this/these company(ies)???    
: They don't advertise in anyplace I see.  Are there none in business?? 
:  
	Off hand, I would direct you to magazines that cater to the 
     military miniatures. I know the English publication has ads in
     it from firms that deal with low temperature alloys for casting,
     and casting supplies. The name is "Military Modelling", and the
     companies are in the UK.

								Bruce
--
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Bruce Burden            [email-masked]		Austin, Tx.

"I like bad!"
        -Thuganlitha
        The Power and the Prophet

---

From: [email-masked] (AVWELD)
Date: 7 Jun 1995 22:24:27 -0400

call MC MASTER CARR for low temp alloys  708-833-0300