Subject: Rhodes Shaper

From: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Brown)
Date: 8 Jun 1995 08:03:53 -0400

I just purchased a mint Rhodes Shaper with accessory slotting
head.  I would like to contact another owner.  Also I 
am interested in obtaining xeroxes of any paper describing the
machine and the company.  I do know that Rhodes Manufacturing was
acquired by B. C. Ames in 1929 and I have the serial number data
>from  1929 to 1957 when Ames Precision Machinery stopped making lathes,
mills, and shapers.

Geoffrey Brown

---

From: [email-masked] (Daryl Bender)
Date: 8 Jun 1995 21:41:52 GMT

I have a Hendey shaper. You will find this machine very versatile and can
do many jobs a mill could never do. I have given up trying to find the
original literature for mine but for what its worth I beleive Lindsey has a
publication called shaping/sloting & ? which describes a lot of the
operations (Lindsay is in the FAQ). I found it most useful in giving ideas
of whats possible. As for Rhodes...good luck!

Cheers
Daryl 

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

-- 
Working but not speaking for BNR