Subject: Gun Barrel "Drilling�����

From: [email-masked] (Roy Parker)
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 95 20:08:00 -0600

Mark, I've filed your message, but it will be a couple weeks before I 
can dig into my library for the info you want. Several people have sent 
me e-mail on this. I want to help, but have not had a day off in over a 
month, so you're going to have to be patient.  Sorry.

In the meantime, Muzzle Blasts, the magazine of the National Muzzle 
Loading Rifle Ass'n (Friendship, IN) and Muzzleloader Magazine (Rebel 
Publishing, Texarkana, TX) have published many articles over the years 
on this topic. I was going to research the back issues of these 
magazines for the information people have requested when I can. Anyone 
really in a hurry for the info can use Ma Bell to locate these groups 
and see what info they have that is readily available, and post it here. 
Like I say, it will be at least a couple of weeks before I have the time 
to start researching the articles they have published over the last 15-
20 years.....wait, I have a copy of ML handy...Call Rebel Publishing at 
903-832-4726 or fax at 903-831-3177. Can't find a number for the NMLRA 
at the moment.

M(> Roy Parker ([email-masked]) wrote: : I posted a message
M(> about gun barrel drilling a week or so ago. Several

M(> I'm interested in gun drills for use in making wooden musical
M(> flutes. Anybody know how to buy/build such a drill or where there's
M(> literature? I wrote to Eldorado and got neat literature about
M(> gundrills to use on $$$ CNC gundrilling machines.  What's around
M(> that the HSM can do? The flutes need .625" bores about 10.5" deep,
M(> straight and centered so that holes coming from each end (but not
M(> drilled all the way through because the air passages and reed are in
M(> the middle) are concentric.  I've made several instruments with the
M(> best woodworking drills I can get and they are still too short and
M(> wander too much to suit me.

 * RM 1.3 02784 * Rules? What rules?