Subject: Welding (MIG.TIG & Electrode)

From: [email-masked] (Mark Bloemendaal)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 20:24:52 GMT

Information on welding processes.

We, as a producer of welding machines have developed a new
micro-processor controlled welding machine based on an inverter (up to
200A) or a chopper (400A) type power-source. The power-source
controller uses a digital control circuit, based on a micro
controller. We use current and voltage feedback to control the welding
proces. The control function it self is fully written in software and
based on the clasical P.I.D. principal. Each of these control
parameters can be individualy switched on or off and set to any
desired value.

With this configuration we have tested several welding processes with
different materials to optain the the optimal control parameter
settings for the power source controler. But before we test all
different combinations of welding types and materials (and all other
parameters) , we would like to know if there is already more
information available on the different welding processes.

What we need is:

Information on the welding processes it self. (MIG, TIG and Electrode)
(welding proces characteristics, current/voltage diagrams, measuring
data etc. )
Information on the difference in the welding characteristic of
diferent electrode types.
Any other information on welding processes.

---

From: [email-masked] (Grego)
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 12:51:29 -0800

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Jim
Shockey) wrote:

> In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Mark
Bloemendaal) writes:
> >From: [email-masked] (Mark Bloemendaal)
> >Subject: Welding (MIG.TIG & Electrode)
> >Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 20:24:52 GMT
> 
 The easiest way to establish 
> contact with the AWS is via  http://www.amweld.org/.
> 
> If I have misunderstood your query, I humbly apologize. If I can be of
further 
> assistance, please let me know.

Sorry, as of yet the american welding society doesn't have much info on
the net. Most of its links are not yet hooked up.

A good all around sourcebook is Lincoln Electrics: Procedure Handbook of
Arcwelding. Price: 20 bucks, an excellent value.

-- 

*********************************************************************

---

From: [email-masked] (Jim Shockey)
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 10:41:32 GMT

>Any other information on welding processes.

It's almost inconceivable to me that anyone in the welding machine 
manufacturing business is unaware of the American Welding Society 
and the vast amount of resources they have available for all phases of 
the welding (and related processes) industry.  The easiest way to establish 
contact with the AWS is via  http://www.amweld.org/.

If I have misunderstood your query, I humbly apologize. If I can be of further 
assistance, please let me know.

--jim			[[email-masked]]

"In any field, it is easy to see who the pioneers are -- they are
the ones lying face down with arrows in their backs."  --Anon.