Subject: Re: Should I Buy an ENCO 110-1340 Lathe?

From: Mike Rehmus <[email-masked]>
Date: 7 Jun 1995 20:51:59 GMT

Buy another Jet.

Best,

Mike Rehmus

---

From: [email-masked] (PaulS77)
Date: 7 Jun 1995 11:00:32 -0400

I've just about worn out my 1980 Jet 1024PY bench lathe and have been
considering the purchase of ENCO's model 110-1340 gear head bench lathe
because the price is so attractive ($3600 with stand, 2-axis DRO & a USA
motor).  From the pictures it looks identical to a Jet GHB 1340.  Does
anyone have any experiance with this lathe and can you advise as to if
this would be a good purchase?  I've had no complaints about the Jet 1024,
It's been a good machine and I'd be happy to replace it with a unit of
similar quality.  I've been following the threads pro and con about ENCO
but I've bought from them in the past with out much trouble.  Any thoughts
on what is needed to check out and set up such a lathe would also be
appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any comments.
Paul Schiller
PDA Panache
Hand Crafted For The Digital Age.

---

From: "james a. whitten" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 1995 17:48:13 -0400

Buy another JET

	"BIG" JIM