Subject: Nickel Silver Source?

From: [email-masked] (WRitt)
Date: 26 May 1995 20:01:21 -0400

Can anyone tell me where to find nickel silver sheet stock, .005" to .010"
thk. in small quantities? Thanks in advance.
Bill Rittner
Manchester, CT

---

From: [email-masked] (Daryl Bender)
Date: 29 May 1995 21:07:41 GMT

> thk. in small quantities? Thanks in advance.

This is what they told me.....

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Daryl Bender)
writes:

|>THIS SHOULD BE IN THE FAQ

Well, goodness, no need to shout! :-)

Brownell's *is* in the FAQ, though the phrase "Nickel Silver supplier" was
not attached to it; it now is.

|>Sequoia Brass and Copper

Added to the FAQ.  Note also that other possible sources include:

   -  T. E. Conklin Brass & Copper Co.
      345 Hudson St.
      NY. NY 10014
      800-225-5510

      They have every size of hex brass in 12' lengths from 1/8" to 7/16"
      by 1/32" increments, and then it goes up to 3" hex by 1/16" with some
      odd sizes thrown in such as 23/32.  They got it in round, square,
flat,
      gauge, strip, dimension plate, wire, rectangular rod, pipe, round
tube,
      square tube, rectangular tube, angle, channel.  They state that small
      orders are important.

      This is not only brass, but bronze, copper, monel, muntz, nickel
silver,
      etc., in several alloys.  I would doubt they have every alloy in
every
      size.  Ask for the Conklin Index.  For locals the phone is
212-691-5100.

      (however, it is reported that a minimum first order is $100, and
      subsequently $50)

   -  River Gems and Findings (formerly Rio Grande)
      Dept T1
      6801 Washington NE
      Albuquerque, NM 87109
      (800)545-6566 orders, (800)533-3299 service, (505)344-9671 fax

      Jewelry-making tools, raw metals such as Nickel Silver, more.
      Apparently a wholesaler, as they want a state tax ID or business
      license number before sending a catalog.

   -  Swest, Inc.
      11090 Stemmons Frwy
      Dallas, TX 75220
      (800)527-5057, (214)247-7744, (214)247-5307 fax

      Jewelry-making tools, metals such as Nickel Silver, more.  They ask
      for a company name and business license or tax ID, but may be willing
      to send a catalog without them.

   -  Nonferrous Metals Co.
      Waterbury, CT
      (203) 274-7255, (203) 274-7202 (FAX)

      Brass and copper mill products (rod, bar, wire, sheet, plate, tube),
      including Nickel Silver.

   -  Griegers
      Pasadena, CA
      (800) 423-4181

      Lost wax casting supplies for jewelry making.  Silver solder and
      flux, gold solder, nickel silver, etc.  Free catalog on request.
      Apparently not what you'd call low prices, but they do have a good
      selection.

For copper sheet materials try:

R.J. Leahy
486 8th Street
San Francisco CA
94103
1-800-861-7161

theywill ship and have copper in roll and flat sheets in the following
thickness:

.064,  .043  .032  .027 and others.

Also stock nickle silver and brass and bronze in various configurations...
                                               
-- 
Working but not speaking for BNR