Subject: Building Rock Tumbler

From: Dan <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 May 1995 08:06:59 GMT

I was wondering if anyone has built his own rock tumbler?
Any ideas, plans, or ftp-site info would be appreciated.

-thanx
-dan

-- 
Dan <[email-masked]>

---

From: [email-masked] ()
Date: 11 May 1995 16:13:36 GMT

--Never built one, but I've used several at work. If you want to 
knock some burrs off of metal, you're better off with a vibrator-type 
machine, than one of those rolling-barrel ones. A good source of small 
vibrators is someone like Gander Mountain, a mail-order outfit that sells 
lotsa black powder rifle and pistol kits. Vibrators are used to polish 
shell casings used in non-black-powder, i.e. "normal" guns. The media for 
this can be several things, but the most interesting is crushed walnut 
shells...

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas		:	Co-founder of the 
Voice: 805-968-7534		:	    SBSMEEBBQ
FAX:   805-562-8928		:	-Call about our Newsletter!
	--------Decks a-wash in a sea of words!!--------