Subject: Re: Where to get 1/32" drill bit?

From: [email-masked] (Mark Kinsler )
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 1995 00:59:14 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
Wayne Cochrane <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I have looked at all of my local stores, and the smallest they all
> carry is 1/16".  I have also looked in the dremel tool section and
> can't find smaller bits.

This is where you need a hobby shop.  I used to get tiny drills at a 
hobby shop in a mall in Connecticut.  Such shops aren't what they used to 
be, unfortunately, but it turned out that behind the comic books and 
baseball cards he still had some model-making stuff left. 
                                      Mark Kinsler

---

From: [email-masked] (Wayne Cochrane)
Date: 11 Apr 95 13:08:45

SJO> I have looked at all of my local stores, and the smallest they all
 SJO> carry is 1/16".  I have also looked in the dremel tool section and
 SJO> can't find smaller bits.

Drills this size are NOT uncommon..if you can't locate a fractional drill this
size then ask for a number drill size 68, or a metric drill 0.79mm.

These drills are very common to the machine trades, so try a machine shop they
will get them for you or tell you where to get them.

 SJO> I imagine I would need a special chuck or handle to hold this bit
 SJO> too.

Not so much a special chuck but it has to run very fast, light pressure.

Should be $3 to $7 depending where you get them.

If I can be of any other help please ask......