Subject: Looking for large part machine shop.

From: [email-masked] (Jeff Lara)
Date: 13 Aug 1995 01:09:37 GMT

I am looking for machine shops (reputable and quality orientatied)that
have large part capeabilities. Something like 6 to 8 foot of travel on
a CNC Mill ? They must be located in the San Jose California area and
should have Silicon valley expirence. Yes price and delivery are also
important. I work for a precision sheetmetal mfgr. that does not
specialize in machinning. We do do basic parts but more and more we are
required to go outside for components to our frames and associated
metal products.
Your response is appreciated.
Jeff Lara
[email-masked]

---

From: Mike Rehmus <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Aug 1995 01:46:33 GMT

Good luck, Jeff.

I was told that Applied Materials had sucked up about all the spare shop time 
in the South Bay Area.

You might contact John Allen at DeAnza College.  He works with a number of 
part-time instructors in the Machine Technology program that own their own 
shops.  Most of them are up the peninsula and may not have sold 100% of their 
capacity.

John is a little hard to get but if you put it to him as a favor for his fellow
instructors, he is likely to respond.

Contact the DeAnza operator for his extension.

Another option may be the Machine Technology instructors at City College.

Best,

Mike Rehmus