Subject: Re: way lube

From: [email-masked] ()
Date: 11 May 1995 16:23:53 GMT

David Erickson ([email-masked]) wrote:
	(SNIP)
	--My Bridgeport requires something that is unobtainable, but I 
called the local gas station that sells bulk oil, etc. and there are 
equivalents from various brands. If you know the brand, serial number or 
whatever, give them this and it will probably turn out that it is made by 
someone like Shell or Chevron anyway, with their own label slapped on 
it... If not, well, you can get close. Just make sure you don't void the 
warranty on the machine.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas		:	Co-founder of the 
Voice: 805-968-7534		:	    SBSMEEBBQ
FAX:   805-562-8928		:	-Call about our Newsletter!
	--------Decks a-wash in a sea of words!!--------

---

From: [email-masked] (David Erickson)
Date: 10 May 1995 14:00:28 -0700

My Millrite calls for a special Sunoco grease for way lube.  I tried the local
machine tool supply houses and the only way lube they carry or know anything
about is an oil.  I guess I have two options: use the oil and find a way to
pump it into the grease fittings (a grease gun might work); or find an
equivalent grease which is available locally from one of the oil companies.

Has anyone gone either route?  What did you discover?

Dave Erickson