Subject: Where to get 1/32" drill bit?

From: [email-masked] (Steven J Orlin)
Date: 11 Apr 1995 13:03:59 GMT

Hi everybody.  Does anyone know where I can get a couple (I know
I'll break at least one) 1/32" drill bits?  Is there a mail order
place with a nice 800 number?:)  Any mail order place will do as
long as there isn't a large minimum purchase order.

I have looked at all of my local stores, and the smallest they all
carry is 1/16".  I have also looked in the dremel tool section and
can't find smaller bits.

I imagine I would need a special chuck or handle to hold this bit
too.

Thanks,

Steve

---

From: [email-masked] (Steven J Orlin)
Date: 11 Apr 1995 20:04:46 GMT

As to not waste space here with more followups,
I was given a tip to find small drill bits at a model train
store.  And I did.

thanks,

steve

---

From: [email-masked] (Steven J Orlin)
Date: 11 Apr 1995 20:04:46 GMT

thanks,

steve

---

From: [email-masked] (John O. Kopf)
Date: 11 Apr 1995 23:52:42 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>
[email-masked] (Steven J Orlin) writes:

> I'll break at least one) 1/32" drill bits?

Check out your local hobby store, where they are likely to have drill
bits from #61-#80.  The number 66= .033, #67 = .032, #68 = .031 -- take
your pick.  You didn't say what material you're drilling, but if soft
you can use a pin-vice; if hard you'll probably want power.  In order
to hold them in a chuck, you can wrap soft copper wire around the shank
for the chuck-jaws to "bite" into.

JK

---

From: [email-masked] (ErnieLeim)
Date: 11 Apr 1995 21:02:54 -0400

You can go mail order, but why bother. Pick up the yellow pages and look
up "Industrial Supplies". I'm sure that there has to be at least one
nearby. 
Any company that sells supplies to machine shops tends to carry drill bits
from 2 in. down to #60 drills (0.005 in.). 1/32 in. drill bits shouldn't
be that rare.
@---------------------------------------------------------@
                    Ernie Leimkuhler                                      

                  Stagesmith Productions                                  
                                          
                 Custom Metal Fabrication                                 
               
*    ABANA   SCA     AWS    USITT   IATSE local 15, 488   *
                        Renton, WA                                        
   
*"Rich gifts wax poor when givers prove unkind" the bard  *
@---------------------------------------------------------@