Subject: UV Light source for Photoresist

From: [email-masked] (Daryl Bender)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 13:01:19 -0500

I thought I'd post this (originally email) in case anybody else might find
it useful. It is what I have used for photochemical etching of brass. It is
the only source I've tried so I have no comparisons but it seemed to work
well. My exposure was 6min at 2ft using KPR photoresist (I think it's a
Kodak product).

The florescent tube is a Phillip's TL40W/09N (Made in Holland), they are
used as sun-tan lamps.

I use a standard 2 bulb 4ft florescent fixture to hold them. They told me
when I got them that I would need a heavy duty ballast to fire them up.
Since I was starting from zero I got the ballast (it was $60.00 about 7
years ago). The ballast is;

Phillips, RC-2S85-TPC. High Power Factor Rapid Start, 120V 60Hz 1.65A. It
is about 10.5"L x 3"W x 2.6"D.

I never bothered to find out if the ballast is nescesary. If you go this
route and have a fixture you might get the bulbs and try them out. If they
don't fire up then the working ballast is listed above. You should be able
to get all this at a place that specializes in commercial lighting. 

Cheers
Daryl                                                                      
                                                      
-- 
Working, but not speaking for BNR.