Subject: Re: Enco Bench Knee Mill

From: [email-masked] (Barry Workman)
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 1995 04:51:25 GMT

[email-masked] (Mark McDade (303) 673-6841) writes:

>Anybody bought/used an Enco Bench Knee Mill (the 1 hp/700 pound model
>with a 6" x 26" table)?  If so, what are your impressions - also, how
>much distance is there between table and spindle and can you add a
>riser block to increase it?

>Also, are there any other good options in the size/price range ($1900)?

>Thanks,

>Mark McDade

>[email-masked]

There are a lot of opinions on both sides of the issue.  From my own
experiance and that posted by others, Enco may not be the best place
to get an off-shore manufactured tool.  Jet and Grizzly seem to have
better reputations with parts and service.

I was going through *LOTS* of copies of HSM, LS, and PIM.  It seems
that over the last two years there have been several articles on
"How I made my 'offshore built' machine accurate".  They all offer
very good advice and techniques in bringing the machine to spec. 
The point is that you have to do this to get the machine to spec.
-- 
    - Barry Workman

---

From: [email-masked] (Barry Workman)
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 1995 04:51:25 GMT