Subject: source for aluminum sheets

From: [email-masked] (Monica Jones)
Date: 12 May 1995 18:18:31 GMT

Please forgive me if this is out of place, but I'm desperate!  I'm 
trying to find a source for thin sheets of aluminum.  I need something 
thicker than foil but not too thick-about 0.005 inches thick should do 
nicely.  I've already tried the metal displays at craft stores, but they 
don't have any aluminum that thin.
 
Thank you for your help, and please respond via e-mail as I don't get to 
read news very often!
 
Monica

---

From: [email-masked] (Jim Janecek)
Date: Sat, 13 May 1995 11:52:33 -0600

You are looking for "Shim Stock"

I'm not sure if a good plumbing supply house would have aluminum shim
stock, but in my McMaster Carr catalog, they list:

Aluminum shim stock 6"x100" rolls
.001 to .010" thick
$16-22.50 per roll

Also listed are 24" x 24" laminated sheets (sheets are .002 & .003" thick)

Also 12" x 24" sheets sized .002" to .031"
price:   $ 6.50 to $13.00 ea.

If you need a particular size, mail me back and I'll look up the stock
number of the item and find out which of the 4 McMaster Carr outlets you
can order from.

-- 
Jim Janecek
Personal Effects Inc.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 13 May 1995 04:41:59 GMT

>   [email-masked] (Monica Jones) writes:
>  
>  I'm trying to find a source for thin sheets of aluminum.  I need something 

Posting to the newsgroup for anyone else that may benefit. Try your local newspaper. Not sure what
the big papers in large cities use, but here in Grass Valley, they etch aluminum sheets for printing 
the paper, and frequently advertise the used sheets.

 jon