Subject: Re: French Threads?

From: Jon Kutz <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Jul 1995 00:53:52 GMT

It is true that the OLD metric threads were just as "National" as 
Inch threads. (ie US standards, English standards, Japanese 
standards etc. This is one of the reasons that the NEW ISO 
International metric thread standards were developed. Every 
country in the world is now moving to standardize on these 
International standards. (Including putting them in as their 
"National Standards".)
A handbook on ISO metric standard fasteners is available from the 
American National Standards Institute in New York City. It costs 
around $100 US, but as they don't publish any advertising or 
price lists I can't give you a current price. I bought mine about 
6 years ago.
Jon Kutz  Minnesota  USA

-- 
Jon Kutz - Minnesota - USA

---

From: [email-masked] (Gregory Benjamin)
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 1995 21:29:29 GMT

Jon Kutz ([email-masked]) wrote:
: It is true that the OLD metric threads were just as "National" as 
: Inch threads. (ie US standards, English standards, Japanese 
: standards etc. This is one of the reasons that the NEW ISO 
: International metric thread standards were developed. Every 
: country in the world is now moving to standardize on these 
: International standards. (Including putting them in as their 
: "National Standards".)
: A handbook on ISO metric standard fasteners is available from the 
: American National Standards Institute in New York City. It costs 
: around $100 US, but as they don't publish any advertising or 
: price lists I can't give you a current price. I bought mine about 
: 6 years ago.

The ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) is the publisher.
The latest FAQ has their address and phone number.

Also, _Machinery's Handbook_ contains this information, and costs
about $55.00 (US). 

o-------------------------------------------------------------------o
| Gregory Benjamin       Laserlab, Inc.  precision laser photoplots |
|                        San Diego, CA   on film and glass made in  |
| [email-masked]     619-558-1246    a class 1000 cleanroom.    |
o-------------------------------------------------------------------o