Subject: Cad-Macintosh

From: [email-masked] (GBUT)
Date: 12 May 1995 08:24:16 -0400

Does anyone know of an inexpensive 2D cad program that will run on a MAC?
thanks
gbut

---

From: [email-masked] (Gregory P. Widin)
Date: Fri, 12 May 1995 11:57:05 -0600

> Does anyone know of an inexpensive 2D cad program that will run on a MAC?

Yes.  IMSI makes TurboCAD.  Apparently there is a Windoze version,too.  I
haven't upgraded to the new version, but v 1.0 was only $40 and does an
adequate job.  There are some things about the user interface that are a
bit quirky, but it works.  My guess would be that v 2.0 has improved some
of this.  The package is pretty reasonable for HSM uses.  There is also a
3-D version available, I believe.  This software surely isn't up to
industrial standards, but for most of us on this newsgroup, that's not a
requirement anyway.

   Greg

-- 
Gregory P. Widin                                                       [email-masked]
3M--Building 260-6A-08                                           (612) 736-6708
St. Paul, MN  55144  USA

---

From: [email-masked] (ErnieLeim)
Date: 13 May 1995 00:59:49 -0400

Mac CAD ?
I have Turbocad V 2.0 -3d.
It is quite impressive and is a very serious cad program, but has been
fairly easy to use.
It costs about $185 from MacMall.
 The other option is Blueprint which costs about the same but doesn't have
3d capability . 
If you don't need 3d check out Blueprint.
Hope this helps

@---------------------------------------------------------@
                    Ernie Leimkuhler                                      

                  Stagesmith Productions                                  
                                          
                 Custom Metal Fabrication                                 
               
*    ABANA   SCA     AWS    USITT   IATSE local 15, 488   *
                        Renton, WA                                        
   
*"Rich gifts wax poor when givers prove unkind" the bard  *
@---------------------------------------------------------@

---

From: [email-masked] (F 150wood)
Date: 23 May 1995 22:55:26 -0400

key cad is another very inexpensive cad program ive been playing with on
my mac.  i think it was $25 @ comp usa about a year ago.

---

From: [email-masked] (TaiJi3)
Date: 26 May 1995 08:58:44 -0400

<Blueprint 5.> is the hands down winner for inexpensive 2-d CAD. Around
$200.oo Easy to learn, fast, powerful, accurate and stabile. Great free
tech support from the Grahpsoft Co. is included. Iv'e used it for about 2
yrs. drawing everything from small machineshop parts to large scale metal
sculpture and it rarely has failed to do what needs to be done. Check out
a demo version for $20.00 w/tutorial. Or download it free from the Cad
vendor area on AOL. And trust me,it's not worth messing with the $50.oo
psuedo-Cad programs like turdo-cad
TiJi