Subject: Gas Forges:

From: [email-masked] (JHrisoulas)
Date: 13 Apr 1995 10:19:09 -0400

If anyone out there is interested, I have plans to build a neat little gas
forge, and I know where to get good servicable pre-built forges that most
certainly reach welding heat. I've been welding in one for years!

Please E-mail if interested..

Yours,

Dr. J.P. Hrisoulas

---

From: [email-masked] (Mike Wolfe)
Date: 15 Apr 1995 03:28:33 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Rick Cook) says:

>>
>>Dr. J.P. Hrisoulas
>
>Pattern welding, no less.
>
>Disclaimer: While I've met Dr. Hrisoulas and admire his work greatly, I
>have no financial interest or other relationship with him. I don't even own
>one of his blades -- although that's likely to change fairly soon.
>
I have just played with my first venturi burner, it was home made and was
published in one of the blacksmiths mags that I have in my collection.
It uses a  .040 orifice, I feel that it may work better with a .030.
I will try it next. (any thoughts)
I have found that it did not generate the heat that my blower style puts out.
I was very unhappy about this because, the venturi style is so quiet.
I ended up putting on a larger blower 250cfm on my tube forge. The larger
blower, you would think would be louder but in fact it is quieter, than the
standard 150cfm that many people use.
I have made two blades, one a cable and  a two bar demascus, both came out 
flawless, ( I had a very good teacher)

---

From: [email-masked] (Rick Cook)
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 1995 08:00:04

>f anyone out there is interested, I have plans to build a neat little gas

For those who don't recognize the name Dr. Hrisoulas is the force behind
Salamander Armory and the author of three indespensible books on forging
edged weapons: "The Complete Bladesmith", "The Master Bladesmith" and "The
Pattern-Welded Blade" -- the latter of which has been my bathroom reading
for the last couple of weeks.

--Rick Cook