Subject: work holder for disk

From: [email-masked] (Wayne Cochrane)
Date: 23 Mar 95 10:11:16 -0500

Hi Kevin...You didn't mention a few things that might help.

     A] What type of metal is this?

     B] How long is it?..

     C] Is this object flat on both sides or dished?

     if it is flat on at least one side, 1" or less in thickness & made of a
magnetic material such as steel then we have a few options (sounds like a
lawyer) anyway two things that come right to mind.

     A] a magnetic chuck maybe used..

     B] Can you reverse your lathe chuck jaws to hold on the outside dia.

     C] If thick enough, you could drill & tap a few holding holes then bolt it
to the face plate or a "dummy plate" held in the 3 or 4 jaw chuck.

     With out more detail I believe we'll have to go to pre-court discovery or
something like that for further investication porceedings..wow

     Seriously, if you can provide any more info or help in future projects
feel free to drop a note.  

     I'm a Tool & Die Maker by trade, but employed at a local college as a
professor in the mechincal areas with esp. in the trades relating to my field.