Subject: Re: Atlas QC54 Lathe-Info Request

From: [email-masked] (Jonathan M. Elson)
Date: 11 Aug 1995 18:30:07 GMT

Gerald O'Grady ([email-masked]) wrote:
: I have an Atlas QC 54 lathe with a timken bearing headstock and quick change
: gearbox. It has ser no. 084671. Does anyone have info on this machine ?
: Age,parts availability,milling attachments  and possible source of parts.

You need to contact Clausing, Goshen Ind.  If you need phone #, I can get it
for you.

---

From: [email-masked] (Gerald O'Grady)
Date: 11 Aug 1995 04:05:16 GMT

I have an Atlas QC 54 lathe with a timken bearing headstock and quick change
gearbox. It has ser no. 084671. Does anyone have info on this machine ?
Age,parts availability,milling attachments  and possible source of parts.

Thanks... Gerry, Comox BC

---

From: [email-masked] (James Kirkpatrick)
Date: 11 Aug 95 10:28:32 MDT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Gerald O'Grady) writes:
|>I have an Atlas QC 54 lathe with a timken bearing headstock and quick change
|>gearbox. It has ser no. 084671. Does anyone have info on this machine ?
|>Age,parts availability,milling attachments  and possible source of parts.
|>
|>Thanks... Gerry, Comox BC

I searched the FAQ for the word "atlas" and came up with these:

   -  Metal Lathe Accessories
      Box 88
      Pine Grove Mills, PA  16868

      Mostly castings and raw-parts kits for common and useful lathe
      accessories, mostly for lathes similar to 9- or 10-inch South
      Bend and Atlas-style units.  A T-slot cross slide, rear mounting
      tool post, faceplate, milling attachment, boring/facing head,
      large steady rest, boring and ball-turning tool post, and others.
      Also a toolpost grinder kit.  You can order kits, or just drawings.

   -  Blue Ridge Machinery and Tools, Inc.
      PO Box 536
      2806 Putnam Avenue
      Hurricane, WV  25516
      800-872-6500, 304-562-3538 in WV, 304-562-5311 (fax)
      Credit cards, COD's up to $200
      M,W,F 9-5 EST, Tu,Th 9-9 EST

      Lathes, milling machines, presses, brakes, from puny to industrial.
      Accessories and parts for popular machines from Myford, South Bend,
      Atlas, Sherline, Emco-Maier, etc.
      Hand tools and books of interest to hobbyists and professionals.
      Woodworking power tools
      Steel, brass, aluminum, tool steel in small quantities.

      110 page free catalog

   -  J. C. Boegeman
      1464 S. Warner Dr.
      Apache Junction, AZ  85220
      (602) 982-8436

      Discontinued parts for Atlas, Craftsman, Clausing lathes.
      Quadrants, reverse gear boxes, lead screws, half-nuts,
      spindles, steady rests, and so on.  No catalog, so call.

   -  Clausing Industrial Inc.
      Service Center
      P.O. Box 877
      Goshen, Indiana 46527-0877
      (219) 533-0371, (219) 533-0403 (FAX)

      Long ago, Sears sold Craftsman lathes that are still popular.
      These were actually made by Atlas, which was later bought by
      Clausing.  Clausing apparently still has parts and manuals for
      the Craftsman/Atlas lathes, and will provide a free catalog.