Subject: cleaning oxydized copper

From: [email-masked] (Smloebl)
Date: 25 Mar 1995 19:10:11 -0500

I have some copper pieces that are blackened with oxide
Can anyone suggest simple cleaning solutions that I can use to clean down
to the grains.  Using acid leaves some small pits which remain black
thanks

---

From: [email-masked] (ErnieLeim)
Date: 25 Mar 1995 19:50:04 -0500

>to the grains.  Using acid leaves some small pits which remain black
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hate to say this , but try tarn-x . the stuff actually works and is not
acidic. It is based on urea which pulls the oxygen out of the oxides.
I think you can still find it in hardware stores.

Hope this helps.

***********************************************************
*                    Ernie Leimkuhler                     *
*                 Stagesmith Productions                  *             
*                Custom Metal Fabrication                 *               
    
*    ABANA   SCA     AWS    USITT   IATSE local 15, 488   *
*                      Renton, WA                         *
*"Rich gifts wax poor when givers prove unkind" the bard  *
***********************************************************