Subject: Copper Roofing

From: [email-masked] (Brynn D. Rogers)
Date: 10 May 1995 12:34:48 -0500

I need to either paint the galvinized roof over the entryway of my house
(the paint is all peeling away), or better yet, replace the galvinized
sheet metal with copper.   My wife and I think copper would look much
better and I have some dumb questions:
[ There is about 8'x6' of copper that would be needed to cover it, 
and it is curved like an awning ]

#1:  is this the right group to ask?

#2:  how difficult would it be for me to do?  I am very handy with tools.

#3:  how much would the raw material cost me (and how thick should I go) ?

#4:  what would I expect a roofer to charge, roughly?

#5:  If I end up painting the galvinized after all, what kind of primer
     and paint should I use so it never peels again?

-- 
Brynn Rogers                [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Mark Anderson)
Date: 12 May 1995 18:44:50 GMT

Brynn D. Rogers ([email-masked]) wrote:
: #3:  how much would the raw material cost me (and how thick should I go) ?

Roofing copper is about $3.50 per square foot.  It is "one pound"
copper, weighs one pound per square foot and is something like .040 or
so thick (I've never measured it).  It can be purchased from about any
sheet metal shop.

Can't help with the rest of the stuff.

mark anderson
standard disclaimers.