Subject: Re: Copper Roofing

From: [email-masked] (TonyowensO)
Date: 27 May 1995 10:03:15 -0400

I don't know if your an experienced in sheet metal, but having the raw
materials alone is only half the job.  In order to install a copper roof
you have to have specialized equipment to bend and cut the copper.  After
that is done there are several standards that should be followed to insure
that the roof will last a lifetime like copper will.
 
Copper is measured by pounds per square feet.  Most roofs are 16oz. copper
which means there is a pound in every square foot.  

I would suggest hiring an experienced person for a job like this.

---

From: [email-masked] (TonyowensO)
Date: 27 May 1995 10:07:50 -0400

After you remove the old paint. Rub the galvanized metal with vinegar. 
Galzanized metal has an oil on it and if it isn't removed paint will never
stick to it.  Vinegar removes this oil.  Rub it down about 3 times and it
should do the trick.  

P.S. I'd definately try to repaint.  It would be a lot easier for a
novice.