Subject: Bonding rubber to metal.

From: Doug Cutler <cutler>
Date: 31 Jul 1995 19:47:06 GMT

Due to a minor accident this weekend the seat has come off my riding mower, no
I didn't come off with it.  It is mounted on "shock absorbers" which are rubber
or perhaps plastic pillars.  Set in the top and bottom of these are the bolts
heads which attach the seat to the frame.  In some cases the bolts are out of
the tops, in other the bottoms.  The "break" is very clean, no rubber in the
heads and the depressions in the pillars a clean.  Does anybody know how these
may have been bonded and what I can do to glue them back together again?

Doug Cutler

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Jerome Kaidor)
Date: 10 Aug 1995 23:32:43 -0700

In article <[email-masked]>,
Michael Edelman <[email-masked]> wrote:
>There's a product that seems identical to SHoe Goo called 'Goop'.

*** Yes, GOOP is amazing stuff.  I've used it to mend tears in vinyl
that was under tension ( a motorcycle seat ). It was almost inconceivable
to me that a glue could do this.

    But for the application described, I think I'd try PC-7 epoxy.  I've
used this to glue muffler rubber mounts back together.  It's tremendously
strong stuff, and the PC-7 store display features a rubber stopper glued to
the side of a glass bottle :-).

                                  - Jerry Kaidor