Subject: Metal and Cutting Sources For Swords

From: ek letters <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 May 95 16:00:20 -0500

I recently purchased a Blades and Blacksmithing booth at a Rennaissance
Festival.   I ran it last year and did very well, but sold primarily
retail.   Everything we made sold immediately, but we were not very fast,
and made little compared to our volume of sales.   I am now looking for
sources of metal and Cutting and Machining services, with the goal of
acquiring blades, pommels, guards etc. which we can finish.  The one
project which got off the ground was having a sheet of low carbon steel
cut with a plasma arc into a large number of blanks we designed and
loaded into their computer driver.
	In particular, I am having difficulty finding a source for sheet
spring steel, suitable for loading into that cutter.  Anyone with any idea
on this or other aspects of the business, please Email me, as I don't spend much
time browsing Usenet at 2400... my real modem is at home.
 
	PS; bladesmiths: I would be interested in handling your products
on a consignment basis...

---

From: [email-masked] (ErnieLeim)
Date: 10 May 1995 23:16:47 -0400

Spingsteel source ?
Lantham Hickley in chicago sells high carbon sheet in all guages.
I bought sheets of 1095 in 1/8 in. and 3/16 in. and have made many knives
>from  it.
Good luck
 
@---------------------------------------------------------@
                    Ernie Leimkuhler                                      

                  Stagesmith Productions                                  
                                          
                 Custom Metal Fabrication                                 
               
*    ABANA   SCA     AWS    USITT   IATSE local 15, 488   *
                        Renton, WA                                        
   
*"Rich gifts wax poor when givers prove unkind" the bard  *
@---------------------------------------------------------@