Subject: Re: chop saw/band saw

From: [email-masked] (ErnieLeim)
Date: 4 Apr 1995 02:23:48 -0400

Cutoff bandsaw funny angle?

Well the blade stays in the same orientation but the angle is fine. All
the Encos come with an extra table plate you can attach to get a real
table for vertical work , but I found it wasn't necessary and was a real
pain in the ass to attach / detach.
The One limiting factor on these saws is that you are stuck with a 1/2 in.
wide blade.
The blade guides just aren't made to be adjusted for other widths.
You get what you pay for and how much can you really expect for $175.

@---------------------------------------------------------@
                    Ernie Leimkuhler                                      

                  Stagesmith Productions                                  
                                          
                 Custom Metal Fabrication                                 
               
*    ABANA   SCA     AWS    USITT   IATSE local 15, 488   *
                        Renton, WA                                        
   
*"Rich gifts wax poor when givers prove unkind" the bard  *
@---------------------------------------------------------@

---

From: [email-masked] (Doug White)
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 95 22:27:09 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
   [email-masked] (Alden  Hackmann) wrote:
>[email-masked] (ErnieLeim) writes:
>
>OK, so what's the next step up?  I've looked in vain in catalogs, etc - 
>there's a huge hole between the $175 piece-o-junk and the next saw, 
which 
>is usually $1000+.  I want to be able to use a 1/4" blade sometimes, but 
>can't justify spending that much more to be able to.  

I recently saw an ad for one that looked like it had a MUCH beefier base 
than the standard one.  It wasn't any more expensive than the higher 
prices I've seen for the El Cheapo model everyone is using.  
Unfortunately, I can't remember where I saw the ad.  I figured I'd wait 
until it had been out a while, and then check for a hands-on review here. 
I get about 20 catalogs a month, and I'm getting overwhelmed.  It may 
just be the same model with a better base, because that is the most 
common complaint about these things after the motor.  If I see the ad 
again, I'll post.

Doug White