Subject: Re: Go-Kart Frame

From: [email-masked] (Pete Bellas)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 14:43:23 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (David
Peter Pascal) writes:
> Can anyone direct me towards plans for constructing a go-kart frame.
> 
> It has been suggested that I might use chromolly (sp?) for tubing.

Unless you are looking to reduce weight CrMo is probibly overkill. It is
more difficult to weld and I believe it requires some sort of after weld
heat treating. I am planning on just using .090 wall structural steel tube
on the "dragster" cart I will be building this winter (that is if I can
get my "fishmouth" cutter working right :-). Northern Hydraulic sells lots
of GoKarts and parts, perhaps they have plans too (there address is in the
FAQ).

			-Pete-

* Pete Bellas                   "Cogito ergo spud"                         *
* Citicorp/TTI                       I think therefore I yam.              *
* Santa Monica, CA                                                         *
* [email-masked]                                                     *