Subject: Re: Little Engines

From: [email-masked] (Jacob Henteleff)
Date: 26 Mar 1995 15:39:26 GMT

Sir! Try looking at a few copies of Live Steam for info an additional 
parts and plans. Also try running an ad in one issue. 

BTW if you are in any doubt about whether you got a good deal wait til 
you see current prices. If you are still in doubt I will buy then from you 
with no questions asked at the price you paid for them. :-)

Meanwhile do not make a decision in haste. I am at the expansion link 
stage of Petrolia, an LBSC 2-4-0 that was serialized form Oct. 1943 to 
June 1945. In other words it will be some time before I get around to 
another loco.

Jacob Henteleff, Editor for the Manitoba Live Steamers

[email-masked]

---

From: Mike Rehmus <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 Mar 1995 06:24:09 GMT

I just purchase a few pieces of the 3/4 scale Hudson 4-6-4
locomotive that were purchased in 1971 from Little Engines.

I got the frames (bronze), drive boxes, equalizer levers,
6 drive wheels already machined, the domes for the boiler and
the smokestack.  Paid $55 for the lot.  Hope it is worth it.

Now I need to find the rest of the castings, construction
notes and drawings.

I know that Little Engines has had a few problems recently but
they are still alive if not completely well.  Last I heard, the
product line was divided between two new companies.

Does anyone have a line on where I might find the steam-side of
the new "little engines?"

Alternatively, does anyone have bits and pieces for this engine?

BTW, this engine completely dwarfs the TICH on which I am presently
working.  The Hudson's drive wheels are 5/7ths the height of the
entire TICH!

Best,

Mike Rehmus

[email-masked]
408 251-9959
408 251-0264 fax