Subject: Aluminum Metal Matrix Composites Workshop

From: [email-masked] (Doug Greenwald)
Date: 27 Jul 1995 09:43:28 -0400

ALUMINUM METAL MATRIX COMPOSITES WORKSHOP

WHAT:   An interactive workshop on the status and potential use of Aluminum
        Metal Matrix Composites (MMC) for aerospace, automotive, commercial,
        industrial, and recreational products.

WHERE:  Ohio Aerospace Insitute
        22800 Cedar Point Road
        Cleveland, Ohio 44142

WHEN:   November 2 and 3, 1995

This interactive workshop will feature:

  *  Working group sessions to identify key issues and collaborative teaming
     oppurtunities.

  *  Case studies by both the users and producers to show how Al MMCs have
     been applied both continuous and discontinuous fiber composites.

  *  Tutorial sessions on Al MMC materials and processes to bring participants
     to common understanding levels.

  *  Design and product needs from designers in the aerospace and automotive
     communities.

  *  University technology overviews.

  *  Direction and trends of Al MMC Material Technology.

  *  Technology transfer opportunities discussed by government representatives.

  *  Poster sessions on specific technical topics or material forms.

  *  Relevant new technologies applicable to Al MMC.

An exhibit area will be availble for government, industry, and university
displays, along with engineering workstations displaying the latest in design,
manufacturing, and materials technology computerized tools.

A valuable reference document will be compiled that describes the state of the
art, technology needs identified in the working sessions, and industry trends
>from  the producers.

For more information, please contact Beth Drago:

  E-Mail:  [email-masked]
  Phone:   (216) 962-3115

Please feel free to re-distribute this to any forum that may have interest.

-- 
Doug Greenwald                       [email-masked]
Unix and Network Administrator       (216) 962 3145
ICOMP, Ohio Aerospace Institute, NASA Lewis Research Center