Subject: Re: How hard is "hot rolled steel"?

From: [email-masked] (Jay Beale)
Date: 26 Jul 1995 15:18:21 GMT

Thanks- that does seem to be a common comment. 

-Jay Beale
[email-masked]

In article <[email-masked]>,
CAPE FORGE <[email-masked]> wrote:
>I use 30 -40' of W-1 rod  per month in sizes ranging from 5/32" to 1/2". 
>In the state that it comes  from the distributor , M.S.C., Nolan,
>Carpenter etc. I run into hard spots before forging and heat treating in
>about 1/3 of the stock. Over the years , after trying many diff. sources
>I've come to accept this as a way of life and make sure that my heat
>treating takes care of the problem as best I can.   Unless you're using a
>specialty steel this seem to be a way of life.
>Regards,
>Mike de Punte 
>Cape Forge

--
-Jay Beale
[email-masked]
[email-masked] (not private, limited access)