Subject: Re: Kneemills...get a Round Ram Bridgeport with MT2 for hobby work

From: [email-masked] (Peter Wiley)
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 06:54:56 GMT

I, too, have a round ram Bridgeport with a 2 Morse taper. It was
reconditioned some years ago and is superbly robust and accurate. Yes, you
do lose fine position accuracy when moving the ram in/out but this has
never caused me a problem in use.

Mine has a 42" x 9" table with approx. 24" of X axis travel and power long
feed. It now has a 3 phase speed controller so I get spindle speeds from
50 rpm to 10,000 if I was so insane! I wouldn't part with it for *twice*
what I paid for it.

Peter Wiley

---

From: [email-masked] (Ken Moonitz)
Date: 13 Jul 1995 18:39:33 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
>50 rpm to 10,000 if I was so insane! I wouldn't part with it for *twice*

I might as well jump in there too.  I have a round ram Bridgeport as well,

came with a 42" X 9" table, R8 spindle, original single phase 220v motor.

the guy I bought it from had the table sent out and welded and precision

ground.  He also changed the lead screws to newer used ones.  I agree 

for a home shop the're great.  By the way I paid $1800. for it.

Ken