Subject: Re: Looking for Literature

From: [email-masked] (Greg Conquest)
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 1995 12:22:37 GMT

[email-masked] (James P. Downing) wrote:

>I am looking for books and/or articles on intentional communities.
>Even the larger book stores have been of little help.  Can anyone
>recommend some authors and titles that would give me more info
>on structure, organization and examples of these types of communities.
>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

>J Downing
>[email-masked]

>Thanx

Check out the intentional communities web page on the Well at:
http://www.well.com/user/cmty/index.html#Form
It has a link to a sampling of the _Communities Directory_.
http://www.well.com/user/cmty/fic/cdir/index.html

The _Communities Directory_ is a sizable, current reference work
published by the Fellowship for Intentional Community that lists
hundreds or thousands of communities. Some of them are profiled
in-depth. There are other articles on intentional communities in
general, their history, and lots of other stuff. It also had lots of
charts that were easy to read and very helpful in the first edition,
which I imagine were included and improved upon in the second edition.

Here's a blurb about the directory from
http://www.well.com/user/cmty/fic/cdir/order.html
-check out the web site if you can.
----------------------------------------

Communities Directory: 
Ordering Information 

The Directory has made finding cooperative living situations an
entirely new and easier process
at a time when the communities movement is growing rapidly. The Second
Edition is a beautiful
440 page volume which will be an invaluble resource to all with an
interest in community.

In addition to detailed listings of communities across N. America and
beyond, the Directory
features almost 31 in-depth articles about various aspects of
community living, as well as an
extensive resource section. 

Order by Mail

Cost of the Directory is US $20
Add $3 postage for fourth class
Or $4 postage for first class (recommended)
Or $6 postage for outside the US

                       Send check (payable to Communities magazine)
and order to: 

                                        Directory/Communities
                                         Rt 4, Box 169-WEB
                                          Louisa, VA 23093