Subject: Gasoline Powered Battery Charger, How to Build

From: Q Myers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 22:57:04 -0700

Several people have asked for instructions on building a gasoline
powered 12 volt battery charger for backup use in AE households. I
promised to post the information and JPEGs to this newsgroup, but have
discovered that posting JPEGs to "alt" newsgroups is frowned upon.

I have instead put the information and JPEGs on a web page at this URL.

http://www.teleport.com/~qmyers/gasgen.html

Due to the JPEGs, this page takes a bit of time to download. It requires
a browser that supports tables.

If anyone has trouble viewing this page, email me and I will email the
page to you.

For those that asked about an exercycle generator, it's coming soon, by
August 31.
-- 
Q Myers
http://www.teleport.com/~qmyers
Solar Powered in Central Oregon

---

From: altavoz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 11:43:21 -0700

> For those that asked about an exercycle generator, it's coming soon, by

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Its not necessary . Any car alt will direct couple to a 
Briggs/Stratton and the RPM match is very good . The alt 
will put out a hundred watts even at 1000 RPM and speed up
the engine to 3600 and you'll get 600 watts or more even
with a 5 hp . ( 5 hp = 3725 watts but you loose a lot in 
conversion so 5 hp will probably only make 1 to 2 KW )
But thats better cause you want the engine to run at a lite
load anyway.
  There's no need to belt drive an alternator !
 They will make very high voltage at 4000 rpm ( About 60 vdc ?)

______End of text  from [email-masked]
end of text   end of text    end of text    end of text   end of text
end of text   end of text    end of text    end of text   end of text
end of text   end of text    end of text    end of text   end of text
end of text   end of text    end of text    end of text   end of text
end of text   end of text    end of text    end of text   end of text
end of text   end of text    end of text    end of text   end of text
end of text   end of text    end of text    end of text   end of text
end of text   end of text    end of text    end of text   end of text
end of text   end of text    end of text    end of text   end of text
end of text   end of text    end of text    end of text   end of text
end of text   end of text    end of text    end of text   end of text
end of text   end of text    end of text    end of text   end of text
end of text   end of text    end of text    end of text   end of text
end of text   end of text    end of text    end of text   end of text
end of text   end of text    end of text    end of text   end of text
end of text   end of text    end of text    end of text   end of text
end of text   end of text    end of text    end of text   end of text
end of text   end of text    end of text    end of text   end of text
end of text   end of text    end of text    end of text   end of text
end of text   end of text    end of text    end of text   end of text
end of text   end of text    end of text    end of text   end of text
end of text   end of text    end of text    end of text   end of text
end of text   end of text    end of text    end of text   end of text
end of text   end of text    end of text    end of text   end of text
end of text   end of text    end of text    end of text   end of text
end of text   end of text    end of text    end of text   end of text
end of text   end of text    end of text    end of text   end of text
end of text   end of text    end of text    end of text   end of text