Subject: Solar panels $$?

From: The Creamed Corn Kid <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 1996 01:30:13 -0800

How much would it cost to set up a house completely run off of energy 
>from  solar panels along the roof? Where could I find the materials and 
someone to install it? Not sure if I'm interested in sctually doing it, 
I'm just curious...

-- 
____________________________________________________________________
         "The Creamed Corn Kid"- Fastest draw on the internet
            Home Page- http://home.earthlink.net/~ryanhome/
     Movies Page- http://home.earthlink.net/~ryanhome/movies.htm
     Page of Links- http://home.earthlink.net/~ryanhome/links.htm
____________________________________________________________________
"Where does Creamed Corn Figure into the workings of the universe?
What really is Creamed Corn? Is it a symbol for something else?"- The
Log Lady (Twin-Peaks)
____________________________________________________________________

---

From: [email-masked] (Howard Smith)
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 1996 07:02:00 -0700

Subject: Solar panels $$?

>Newsgroups: alt.energy.homepower
>Organization: http://home.earthlink.net/~ryanhome/
>

Try to find copies of "Home Power" magazine, a running expose of
practical applications of solar and wind power installations in homes
and businesses, lots of ideas and ads. It will answer most of your
questions. It is written by people who live the life.

If you can't find  copies locally, the address for them is:

Home Power Magazine
P.O.Box 520
Ashland, Oregon 97520
USA

1-916-475-0830 Subscriptions & Back Issue Orders (MC & VISA)
1-800-707-6585

1-707-822-8640 Computer BBS

Email: [email-masked]

A subscription is $22.50 for six issues/year in the USA.
International surface subscription is $30US

A great mag!

They also have published a cd-rom of the articles and graphics from
their first 37 issues. A treasure of info for the off-grid dweller.

Get a year's worth of back issues of Home Power Magazine.
http://www.homepower.com/hp

Howard H. Smith
Palo Alto, CA
[email-masked]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internet: [email-masked] (Howard Smith)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (Charles)
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 1996 11:25:19 -0600

> someone to install it? Not sure if I'm interested in sctually doing it, 

I do not know anything about this cream corn but in Tennessee when one
speaks of corn in such a manner it in reference to corn mash, used in
making (corn liquer) Moon Shine, a subject of great interest in years
past. 

Charles