Subject: steam generators?

From: [email-masked] (Gregg Caudell)
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 09:13:24 -0800

I am looking for small steam electricity generators, have found the 5hp
liberty for 2900$ plus $3200 boiler, advertised in Jade Mountain
catalogue, Boulder CO

-- 
Horselogger's Int.
[email-masked]
Save the World with Horsepower! ``~~~~
                                /'/\ \~~~~
                                    \

---

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Rosenthal)
Date: 22 Sep 1996 09:52:02 -0700

====================================================================
Try here for leads and info:
http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena/org/t/techreview/www/articles/july95/Smith..html
==================================================================
And here is another interesting message. These folks used to be call
Steam Power Products. They produce probably exactly what your looking
for and for a lot less than $3000! They do ask $5 for a catalog FYI.
------>
Received:   (not an advertisement!)
For your curiosity I would recommend picking this one up,
I did not pay for mine but don't know if it's sold

The Steam Outlet Catalogue
P.O. Box 1426
Thonotassassa, FL  33592

They have a "vane turbine" for $499.00 claims to produce 5 hp
at 100  CUBIC FEET of STEAM, into 1/2 " in/out port pipes.

The design is very intruiging, an I have seen nothing like it in any
Thermodynamic Book since 1914 on..

The spring -loaded  "vanes" rub against the walls of the casing,
and if wear occurs the springs simply make up for the wear..
___________________

Also if you haven't already there is a lot of info that can be
obtained from the "Live Steam" listserv: To:
[email-masked]
The are mainly interested in railroad stuff, but also have
sourcing for other steam powered engines, etc.