Subject: environmental solutions

From: Lee Porter Butler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 12:22:53 +0000

Ekotecture International Incorporated

Ekotecture International is a Florida corporation, chartered for the
purpose of licensing and franchising individuals, corporations,
partnerships, trusts and foundations to design, build, manufacture 
install
and maintain integrated natural energy environments which are powered 
by
the universal energies of gravity, solar and geothermal inertia,
evaporation & condensation& phase change.

Integrated natural energy environments or Ekospheres=81 are defined as
self-contained, self-sufficient, solar gravity geothermal powered,
non-polluting, structurally integrated, super strength, lightweight 
molded
structures which float, enabling them to resist damage from 
earthquakes,
floods, hurricanes, tornadoes or tidal waves. They provide lights, 
gas,
water and food, required or desired by the occupants of the structure.

 Mission Statement

* Promote World Peace through the international economic 
interdependence of
construction coalitions and utility management cartels. * Make the 
world a
better place to live by enrlling humanity into supporting 
environmental
friendly construction. * Prove our love and respect for humanity by
dedicating ourselves to education concerning the conservation of our
natural resources

Vision Statement

* Before the year 2006, Ekotecture International will have become the
largest construction coalition and utility management cartel in the 
world.
* We will be respected by our peers for the devlopment and delivery of
environmentally friendly construction. * We will be sought after as a
leader in the international business community because of our 
innovative
and creative marketing of premier Ekotecture technology. * We will be 
the
catalyst for world wide utility management which conserves our earth's
natural resources.

A History of Ekose'a and Ekotecture

In 1979, with the assistance of architect William Pearson and the 
Ekose'a=81
San Francisco staff of architects and environmental designers , we 
wrote
and published the book, Ekose'a Homes =A91979, describing the plans 
and
details of the solar, gravity convection, geothermal envelope for 
single
family homes which could be designed for all micro-climates, 
worldwide.
Between November 1979 and April 1980, the Ekose'a office received as 
many
as one thousand requests for information daily, from people who had 
been
exposed to the Ekose'a concept and examples of the homes through 
magazines,
newspapers and television programs world wide.

The energy shortage and gasoline crisis in 1975 activated the mass 
media,
attention, who by 1980 were putting alternative energy designs and
inventors on the cover of every national magazine. Fortunately, for
Ekose'a=81, this positive publicity created a public demand for our
publications and professional services. Between 1979 and 1981, this
publicity drove the sales of more than 45,000 buyers to purchase our 
book
and 15,000 purchased construction documents, specifications and 
limited
supervision. From this activity and later follow up studies, we now
estimate that there are approximately 20,000 occupied Ekose'a=81 
double
envelope homes worldwide.

The superior comfort and health standards , interior air quality and
thermal performance is now well known after fourteen years of history 
by
satisfied owners. The houses have been monitored and documented by
universities, national laboratories and individual owner builder
experimenters all over the world. In 1981, DOE sponsored a monitoring 
&
study of an Ekose'a home built in 1980, near Newport, Rhode Island. 
The
study was supervised by the Brookhaven National Laboratory's 
architect,
Ralph Jones. They concluded that, "the double envelope concept was
distinguished in that it allowed for large amounts of glass necessary 
for
light and views without requiring additional energy. They went on to 
add, "
that it was the only design they had ever tested which could survive a
severe northern winter, unattended without damage to the interior from
freezing.

The Ekose'a double envelope design provided unexpected surprises and 
health
benefits whenever the south facing solarium was used as a greenhouse 
garden
room. When filled with plants, the envelope air provides an natural
electrostatic air ionizing and filtering system. The Ekose'a=81 homes 
provid=
e
an ideal living space, as they have the potential of being filled with
beautiful colored flowers, delightful aromas, and green foliage plants
which produce oxygen from converted carbon dioxide.

=46ast forward 15 years.

In 1991, in the book, Earth in the Balance Albert Gore predicts a 
global
civil war, between the haves and the have nots, resulting from the 
finite
limitations of our present energy technologies and the resources they
demand to supply the projected global demand into the next century. He
calls for the "new organizing principle" of civilization to be the 
search
for human life support systems which can be sustained indefinitely and 
he
makes a passionate plea for America to use it's technological 
superiority
and ingenuity to lead the world in this critical mission.

In 1993, responding to growing interest and awareness of architects of 
this
crisis, the American Institute of Architects and the International 
Congress
of Architects choose "sustainable development"as the theme of their 
annual
convention They called for solutions to sustainable development in an
international competition to be judged at the time of the annual AIA
convention. There has been so much controversy surrounding the subject 
of
defining "sustainable development" that the judging was delayed and 
they
have yet to circulate the results as promised.

In 1994. President Clinton appointed a panel of national business,
scientific and political leaders to the National Commission on 
sustainable
Development. After more than two years of controversy and endless 
meetings,
it has become obvious that none of these committee members could agree 
on
what sustainable development actually consists of. They have yet to 
come to
terms with the jargon and the definition of sustainability.

In 1995, responding to the growing perception within the engineering
professions that finding a solution to this
economic-scientific-environmental global crisis must now receive the
highest priority, the Provost of MIT, the world's leading 
technological
research institution asked the head of it's Civil Engineering 
Department,
Professor David Marks, to step down and direct an interdisciplinary 
team to
find sustainable solutions. They created the Program for Environmental
Engineering, Education and Research which will be known as PEEER. MIT 
then
joined the University of Tokyo and the Federated Universities of
Switzerland to form the The International Alliance for Global
Sustainability. The first conference was held recently in Peking 
China.

The question being asked by all of these chief executives, 
commissioners,
scientists and construction professionals alike is; Which sustainable
alternative, pollution free technologies can satisfy the present 
global
demand for energy, comfort and conveniences without sacrificing our 
future
security or compromising our future ability to provide these luxuries 
and
necessities to all who will want and need them, into and beyond the 
next
century?

In 1995, fifteen years since the initial success of the Ekose'a Homes, 
I
have continued to research and have invented, developed and refined an
expanded concept which I call a "sustainable construction structure" (
patent pending, 1995 )  or Ekotecture=A9=81 or Ekospheres=81, 
featuring a
radically improved gravity, solar, geothermal envelope with multiple 
air
passages which can control the temperature and humidity of each room
individually, using either manual or computer controlled air flow 
dampers
and as further described below.

In inventing the word Ekotecture=A9=81, I am proposing that humanity 
needs t=
o
become familiar with a a new household term, Ekotecture=A9=81, an 
entirely n=
ew
discipline or field of study which is defined as the "art and science 
of
designing and building affordable, aesthetically pleasing, 
environmentally
and economically sustainable structures which protect human life, 
nature
and material property during catastrophic natural disasters such as
earthquakes, fires, floods, hurricanes and tornadoes. This new subject
would be known as Ekotecture=A9=81.

Ekotecture=A9=81 which we plan to manufacture is further defined as an
injection molded, super lightweight masonry & ceramic parts of 
structures ,
including a floating foundation for the building above which contains 
the
required equipment, tanks and on board computers necessary to regulate 
and
maintain the required utility service for the building. These 
structural
modules, could be used individually to create homes or grouped 
together to
create large buildings.

The result is a lightweight, fireproof, insect resistant, floating 
material
which resists heat and moisture transfer. It can be easily cut and 
sawn by
ordinary carpenters, using ordinary tools.

This structure and floating foundation provide a framework around 
which
owners, real estate developers, designers, architects, engineers and
contractors have wide latitude to create the exterior style and finish 
of
the building, according to the individual tastes, preferences and 
needs of
each client, site or situation.

Ekospheres=A9=81 are space frames, taking advantage of the geodesic 
and egg
shaped geometric & crystalline synergies of crystals and minimum use 
of
materials. In the finished architecture, the Ekotecture infrastructure 
is
invisible to the observer and in no way limits the style, character or
building function.

The base is comprised of a series of interconnected interlocking 
crystaline
shaped tanks and equipment compartments, for the regulation and 
processing
of the passive solid state systems. These systems provide perfectly
mineralized domestic water, electric power, natural gas for cooking &
ceramic fireplaces or ceremonial flames. They provide landscape 
fertilizer
and water and they provide enclosed space heating,cooling and
refrigeration. All of this is surrounded, of course by a series of 
airways
cast in the molded frame. Some of the crystaline compartments will be
filled with air for floatation.

These voids, the gravity solar geothermal convection envelopes conduct
heating and cooling air , other voids provide spaces for pipes, 
telephone
and shielded cables. The main household or building electrical current 
is
conducted through a doped portion of the wall itself. Outlets simply
connect to the positive and the negative channels to provide 12 direct
current current anywhere in the structure, without generating harmful
alternating currents that can kill.

The quality of air inside envelope structures has already been 
observed,
experienced and documented. A superior level of both comfort and 
health is
being testified to by owners who have lived in the homes for more than 
12
years. Testimony from Ekose'a clients claim that allergies and other
respiratory diseases such as colds and flu disappeared when the 
individual
occupied an envelope home filled with plants.

Our intention is to organize and create a global cartel of individual 
real
estate developers, contractors and manufacturers, all organized and
relating to a single data base and internal business economy or 
accounting
system. Ekotecture International Incorporated will manufacture, 
install and
deliver the floating biospheres or Ekospheres=81. A subsidiary company 
of
Ekotecture, Mothers of Maintenance or MOM=81 incorporated will be 
organized
to maintain the utility systems on board. Stock in both Ekotecture and 
MOM
will be sold to the owners of the present energy and utility cartels 
and
companies. Both companies will be employee owned and employee managed.

We see the prototype development taking place in partnership with 
major
universities. We have initiated discussion at MIT , RISD., U of 
Oregon, U
of Glasgow. The programs would be funded by DOE, DOD, EPA and HEW. We
believe that it is logical to use the retired DOD ship and submarine
building facilities in cities like Charleston and others. The existing
hydraulics and construction bays would save millions in the initial 
start
up costs. Start up capital is being solicited from venture capitalists 
and
the corporation plans to make application for funding through the 
Advanced
Technology Program, recently created by the administration of Clinton 
and
Gore.

The initial prototypes are as follows;

(1) A 2000 sq. ft. single family detached home designed for the gated
country club developments South Florida.
(2) A 1500 sq. ft. middle income tract home in Southern California or 
Nevada
(3) A 400 Sq. ft. Basic shelter for the undeveloped world market, 
Chine,
India and Africa.
(4) A 2000 sq. ft. floating home and garden with swimming pool

All four prototypes will be manufactured simultaneously.

The Ekotecture concept will create millions of jobs world wide and 
will
stimulate the economy of the United states and every other country 
which
participates in its manufacture or maintenance. By creating a win, 
win, win
scenario, all intelligent and motivated people will choose to get 
involved
, making Ekotecture a global solution within the next 5 years.

Your support and participation is invited, appreciated and vital.

Ekotecture International Inc.
620 Biscayne Drive
West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
or by Fax (407) 833-6834
telephone (407) 659-7656

or Email, lbutler@.emi.net

You can see the home page for ekosea homes at www.webcast1.com/ekosea