Subject: Re: magazine

From: [email-masked] (Graig Pearen)
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 01:26:49 GMT

[email-masked] (Don Kulha) wrote:

>In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] wrote:

>> Would someone recomend an alternative energy magazine. Thanks

>Well, you're likely aware of Home Power Magazine which is billed as the
>"Hands-On Journal of Home-Made Power" which has been published for 10
>years now (give or take a few months). An excellent publication (note, I
>am associated with them so I'm not unbiased). They can be reached at
>800.707.6585 and subs run about $22.50 published 6X/yr, approx. 120 ppg.
>Their address is Home Power, POB 520, Ashland OR 97520. They offer a
>"Winter Reading Special" which is a superb idea; you get the past years 6
>issues sent to you via first class mail so you can get up to speed and
>receive the next 6 issues as they come out. Cost on this is $45. The
>"Solar 2" CD-ROM containing issues 1-42 in Adobe Acrobat format (a great
>improvement over the Solar 1 CD)(since I'm the producer of both I can say
>this) should be coming out in the next 2-3 months tops. Great magazine in
>any case......DCK

I am not associated with Home Power and I enthusiastically recommend
it and the CD-ROM!! I have the previous version of the CD-ROM 
"Solar-1" and have enjoyed reading the back issues even though they 
are just in plain ASCII  text format.

Graig