Subject: Cogen plant

From: [email-masked] (Unknown)
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 22:14:04 GMT

Has anyone any info/experience with making
acogeneration plant from an automotive engine and
decent sized generator ? something alone the lines of
the FIAT demo unit of a few years back, generate heat
primarily, and electricity as a side benefit? 
Thanks. 

-- 
      		Jim Richardson
	anarchist, pagan and proud of it
	http://www.eskimo.com/~warlock

---

From: [email-masked] (Russell L Valentine)
Date: 30 Nov 1996 18:56:28 GMT

>primarily, and electricity as a side benefit? 

For the past year or more a company has been advertizing a home
cogeneration in the BOSTON GLOBE.

Part of their ad reads:
   "INTELLIGEN is a home heating system that provides FREE
    electricity - - while heating your home and hot water at the
    same time!  This ultra smart system actually spins your electric
    meter backwards while heating your home with heating oil."

  "Intelligen Energy Systems, Inc.  98 South Street, Hopkinton, MA 01748"

Because they refer to burning heating oil, they must be using a Diesel 
engine rather than a gasoline engine.  To be super fuel efficient, try 
using part of the engine output to run a heat pump.

Russ