Subject: Re: Low-Head Horizontal bladed hydro?

From: Craig Powers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 08:21:02 +0100

In article <[email-masked]>, KEVIN8075
<[email-masked]> writes
>
>Thanks for writing.But the invention I am looking for is basically
>a bunch of long blades shaped like airplane wings all connected
>to a chain(one on each end of the blades).As the water passes
>over/under the blade its shape creates lift,like an airplane wing
>causing an upward force on the wing and therefor the chains.
>And thus we have rotation that can be harnessed into work(if
>I can find one)
>thanks again
>kevin
>
Thanks for the clarification.  I still can't quite picture the device
construction. I was a bit confused by the two chains. In which
directions are the axis of rotation, the fluid flow, the direction(s) of
the blades, and the path of the chains.

If used for hydro application the device will have to withstand some
considerable forces in the direction of fluid flow.

One further point, a device that changes the direction of the fluid and
therefore its momemtum (velocity of course is a vector quantity) will
generate more force than a wing structure, for a given size. Reaction
turbines should therefore generate far more force and power than a wing
based device.

Best wishes with the search for info. I am interested in the nature of
construction.

Regards,
Craig
================
Craig Powers, UK
================