Subject: Re: Heat Pumps

From: [email-masked]
Date: 5 Dec 1996 03:20:45 GMT

Randy I had a heat pump installed in my home and although I am pleased
with the overall quailty and comfort level The bills are modest but not as
low as I expected.  I had problems with the initial installallation and
had to spend a couple of extra grand straightening out problems with the
initial installation.  There is a magazine in California called home
energy.  The Nov/Dec 96 issue has several articles on heat pumps.  I would
recommend that you go to page 18 and look for "Heat Pumps - What you
should look for".  The key to having a ground source heat pump is making
sure that it is installed properly.  GOOD LUCK!!!!! 

p.s.  Home Energy Magazine
        2124 Kittredge St No 95
        Berkeley CA  94704-9942

---

From: [email-masked] (Randolph S. Kahle)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 11:14:44 -0800

Thank you for the information.

To make this even more interesting,
I want to make this installation at
a home we are building at the
tip of the Baja Penninsula.

We have to generate all of our power,
so efficiency is very important
for us. We would use the heat pump
to allow us to have a/c in each room.

I've heard of Home Power, but not this
magazine; thank you for the lead!

Randy Kahle

In article <[email-masked]>, 
[email-masked] says...