Subject: Help Boomerang the SPAM! RE: This is an announcement, read at your own risk !

From: Paul Wade <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 1996 03:25:56 -0500

Your Name wrote:
> 
> Need a HOT date ?.  Need someone to talk to ?.
> ..... blah, blah, SPAM, SPAM
> Enjoy.
> Flame Proof

Step 1 - Showing all headers reveals that the post was actually
made via ppp09-bag.mozcom.com although the poster tries to hide
his/her identity ([email-masked]) 

Step 2 - telnet'ing to internic.net (whois mozcom.com) gives 2
email addresses:

>  Administrative Contact:
>      Gan, Willy  (WG21)  [email-masked]
>      (632) 810-4366
>   Technical Contact, Zone Contact, Billing Contact:
>      Tan, Benjamin  (BT64)  [email-masked]
>      (632) 810-4366
    
Step 3 - I emailed both of these addresses a note with the original post
attached:

>This SPAM was posted via your news server. It was posted to newsgroups
>that are totally inappropriate for the content.

Step 4 - Now everyone else should also email them. This is the only
way to convince an ISP to be responsible for not terminating accounts
of idiot SPAMMERS.

IMPORTANT: This is the right way to do it. A SPAMMER can use an
innocent person's email address. Don't send email to the FROM
address shown in the post. Addresses that look valid (??@sex??.com)
are useless for email-bombing. They expect it and all email is
electronically rejected or deleted.

Finally - If some of you who understand the technical details have
time to write a decent HOW-TO, I will be glad to put it on my web
pages. If the average user can be shown how to send SPAM back to
the people who can actually curtail it, we might get our newsgroups
back.

Paul Wade

Home page:	http://www.telplus.net/~paulwade
Email:		mailto:[email-masked]

---

From: Basje <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 20:46:19 -0800

B & B COOPERATION wrote:
> 
> EARN UP TO 50 000$!!! ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS INVEST 5$ AND 5 MINUTE OF
> YOUR TIME!
> 
> THIS IS THE FAIREST MOST HONEST WAY I KNOW TO SHARE THE WEALTH!

-- 
<== Stress !?!?! WHAT stress ?!?! I don't have the time for that ! ==>
         < http://wit393101.student.utwente.nl/~basje >