Subject: Re: Video Dubbing

From: Chameleon <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Jul 1996 01:54:37 GMT

xyz <[email-masked]> writes:
> (Sorry but there aren't any video groups of note.)
> 
> Does anyone know what happens when one tries to copy a video from
> one VCR player to another?  And what exactly causes the effects
> (gliches)?

If you have a tape in both then it copys the tape from one
vcr to the other!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---

From: "Jason Faulhefer" <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Jul 1996 04:16:47 GMT

OK.. on some movies when you try to bootleg one.. (copy a tape from a VCR
to another blank tape on another VCR) You may experience some Color or
Resolution Garbage..  To fix this.. Look in the back of your Popular
Science Mags and look up VCR or VHS static fixers or similar description. 
You put the device between VCR's and you can go ahead and copy away.. 

Chameleon <[email-masked]> wrote in article
<[email-masked]>...

---

From: Brendon Harris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 17:43:37 +1300

> vcr to the other!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is it when someone asks a reasonable question, some complete fuckwit has to 
comment?????????

There are issues when dubbing from VCR's e.g. picture quality deminishes , better quality is 
obtained when using video in/out connectors etc.. I am not an expert so will leave someone 
else (i.e. an expert) to comment specifically...

---

From: [email-masked] (Trembath)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 22:55:34 +1000

> > vcr to the other!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have jumped the problem by recording the movie to an M40 panasonic video
camera, and then back to a video machine. I guess that this might work
because the recording capabilities of these cameras are only basic (ie not
as good as a video machine) Well it worked, so thats all i can say, great
sound and picture quality

Cheers

Daniel