Subject: Refridgeration



------------------------------------------------------------------
(3596)   Tue 30 Jul 91 13:36                             
By: Don Kulha
To: Terry Olsen

------------------------------------------------------------------
> Original Message Date: 29 Jul 91 06:30:00
> From: Terry Olsen
> To: Don Kulha

> Well the hot side could do some work preheating water as you 
> have already said...the cold side doing refrigeration (sp . 
> . I just woke up). sound good, now what kind of constant 
> source of power can we modulate to produce refrigiration 
> cooling when we want it?  Hydro or Hydro-electric would be 
> ideal..and wind is too iffy.  I have wind here, the tree 
> flagging says about 10+ miles per hour per, averaged for the 
> year..but not all the time!
> ---
     I don't know that one would have to have constant power. In 
terms of a retrofit of existing commercial refridgerators it may 
not be practical but I had thermal mass or phase-change materials 
in mind. The vortex nozzles put out cold air at a max cool temp of 
-30 deg. F which, given enough run time often enough could freeze 
something like that liquid filled plastic blocks they have in some 
ice chests. Then too maybe you use the wind power to pump water 
into an uphill pond or tank and use the fall and water volume to 
turn a pelton wheel to turn an air compressor pump....there are 
possibilities....DCK

--- ConfMail V3.31
 * Origin: Sonoma Online RFE, Fido V12T/HST/V.32 (707)545-0746 
(1:125/7)
: 125/7 151/1000 1003 223