Subject: battery pack



------------------------------------------------------------------
(3593)   Mon 29 Jul 91  6:50                             
By: Terry Olsen
To: Gale Barrows

------------------------------------------------------------------
 QE 2.75 b9 & RA 1.01 2306@
MSGID: 1:125/12 4e325848
GB>You refered to L-16 batteries. What are they? the batteries I
L-16 batteries are 300 amp-hour 6 volt batteries that must be 
connected in series to produce 12 volts.  They were, 5 years ago 
when I was active in the industry, the last word in good deep-cycle 
batteries, designed from the begining to stand stationary and be 
deep-cycled. Not quite up to your knee from the floor, not quite 
from your elbow to your wrist deep and a hand-span across.  Real 
good batteries!
GB>have are plain old lead-acid deep cycle size 27 batteries
GB>parralell conected for 12 volts, nominal. I charge them off
I don't know the 27 batteries...
GB>the tow vehicle alternator and occaisionaly run a complete
GB>discharge/recharge cycle or two. Makes a big difference in
GB>usable charge. When I run the cycle, I am at home and use a
Sounds like you know your batteries!!
GB>110 charger. 
GB>   I am a ways from Sonoma county !!! I live near Custer,
GB>South Dakota, which is in the Black Hills of western South
GB>Dakota.
I am in Humboldt County. What do the Black Hills look like? Gentle 
rolling hills, high snowy crags? 
---
 * Origin: End of the World! Fortuna, CA. HST (707) 725-5785 
(1:125/12)
: 125/12 7 151/1000 1003 223