Subject: Home power magazine



------------------------------------------------------------------
(3553)   Mon 22 Jul 91 17:50                             
By: Jim Dunmyer
To: Don Kulha

------------------------------------------------------------------
@EID:f0ea 16f68e5c@
MSGID: 1:234/100 288b1b39
@CHARSET: PC-8

Don,
 Where can I obtain this Home Power magazine? I've never seen it on 
the stand at B. Dalton, for instance...
 
Thanks!!                         <<Jim>>

--- OPMED 3.00
 * Origin: EchoMaster (1:234/100)
: 234/100 1/211 125/7 151/1000 1003 223

---



------------------------------------------------------------------
(3558)   Sat 27 Jul 91 22:41                             
By: Terry Olsen
To: Gale Barrows

------------------------------------------------------------------
 QE 2.75 b9 & RA 1.01 2306@
MSGID: 1:125/12 4e309434
GB>At least I already have a start on a 12 volt system. I
GB>already have a bank ofsix 12 volt deep cycle batteries tht i
GB>use in my camper. I often am using the camper for 5-6 days
GB>with no recharges so I want enough batteries when I am on the
GB>road. It would not take much more to build a off grid system.
GB>
GB>--- ConfMail V3.31
GB> * Origin: Sonoma Online RFE, Fido V12T/HST/V.32
GB>(707)545-0746 (1:125/7)
Good quality deep cycle batteries can easily be 1/2 the cost of an 
off grid system! 
---
 * Origin: End of the World! Fortuna, CA. HST (707) 725-5785 
(1:125/12)
: 125/12 7 151/1000 1003 223

---



------------------------------------------------------------------
(3569)   Sun 28 Jul 91 10:15                             
By: Don Kulha
To: Jim Dunmyer

> 
> Don,
>  Where can I obtain this Home Power magazine? I've never 
> seen it on the stand at B. Dalton, for instance...
>  
     That's not too suprising. I know it does make it to some news 
stands but don't know where. The best way is to get a subscription 
which is quite reasonably priced; 6 bi-monthly issues yearly for 
$10 mailed 3rd class. Their address is: Home Power Magazine, POB 
130, Hornbrook CA 96044 (916)475-3179 voice phone. It is 
professionally printed, runs around 100 pages (8X11") and has been 
published since 1987. It is a tremendous asset for folks interested 
in small scale alternative energy systems and personal power 
production. The emhasis is on residence sized systems and hands-on 
engineering. No pie in the sky stuff here...just good practical 
information.
     I tend to rave some about this publication. I should say that 
the only connection I have with them is that they've served as 
inspiration, are rooting us on in this echo and have supplied us 
with the text from the first five issues (we'll get the stuff from 
issues 6-11 in a couple weeks when I see them at the Solar Expo and 
Rally). One reason I'm so "high" on them is that Home Power mag has 
kinda served as a "rallying point" for the small scale alternative 
energy movement. They give encouragment and PR to regional, 
national and international groups and events and are "real" and 
very dedicated folks. Check it out, I'm sure you'll be pleased....I 
subscribe and it's the best money I've ever spent on a 
subscription. You can't find the type of "real-world" info they 
publish anywhere else.....
          DCK, Moderator HOMEPOWR

--- ConfMail V3.31
 * Origin: Sonoma Online RFE, Fido V12T/HST/V.32 (707)545-0746 
(1:125/7)
: 125/7 151/1000 1003 223