Subject: Clarification



------------------------------------------------------------------
(687)   Wed 19 Jun 91 23:29                             
By: Don Kulha
To: All

------------------------------------------------------------------
   I would like to clarify a point here. We are not offically 
endorsed or sponsored by Home Power Magazine. We have taken a great 
deal of inspiration from them, lifted some of the info we'll share 
from their publication and were cheered on by Richard Perez their 
publisher. We spoke with him last year at the inaugural SEER event 
and he encouraged us to get this forum going and offered to copy 
the text of many of their articles to disk so they could be shared 
and the info utilized as widely as possible. Hey, these are OUR 
kind of folks!; damn the beurocracy, spread the gospel of renewable 
energy and full speed ahead!
It's yet to be determined if they'll be joining us online or 
offering any endorsement but they were very excited about getting 
the info online....I'll be willing to accept bets and offering long 
odds that they will though (they do use Macs and modems....PV 
powered of course). We haven't offically named the echo but refered 
to it early on alternatly as they Home Power Systems/ Homebrew 
Power/ Homemade Power echo....It's kinda stuck as the HomePower 
echo. I've written Richard and time will tell. Hopefuly we'll be 
able to set up a node at the upcoming SEER '91 event (gotta 
scrounge some PV's, batterys and an inverter to power a system) and 
echo back to you folks from the festival. We'll keep you posted but 
no matter what we call it we'll be sharing info on Home Power 
Systems!......DCK
 
    P.S.-For now I guess I'm the official/unoffical 
moderator/head-cheerleader here for the meantime. After things get 
established I'll probably bow-out of that position though...DCK

--- ConfMail V3.31
 * Origin: Sonoma Online RFE, Fido V12T/HST/V.32 (707)545-0746 
(1:125/7)
: 125/7 7