Subject: Table Saws....



------------------------------------------------------------------
(3599)   Tue 30 Jul 91 23:07                             
By: Don Kulha
To: Terry Olsen

------------------------------------------------------------------
> Original Message Date: 29 Jul 91 06:43:00
> From: Terry Olsen
> To: Don Kulha

> As a point of interest..I helped a guy install a system 
> which ran his refrigerator, all the lights he wanted, and 
> his table saw (11 Amp inductive motor), and the rest of his 
> shop.  The inverter was 2.5 KW (Heart) and power source was 
> a water wheel producing about well a bit less than 1 KW, 24 
> hours a day.  4each 300 amp-hour batteries.(golf cart type). 
>  Great system..we adjusted his voltage a bit high at the 
> inverter to get the saw to start!
> ---
     Love that Hydropower. Nice clean versatile stuff. Interesting 
system too. I seem to recall reading about a fellow with a rural 
cabinet shop who'd replaced the motor in his table and radial arm 
saws with permanent magnet 12vdc motors. I don't think I have the 
info anymore more but I'll dig some. Perhaps a person knowledgeable 
in the ways of PMag dc motors will enlighten us all. It would take 
some monster cable to deliver 140 amps @ 12vdc to the saws though. 
The inverted approach sounds much simpler....Thanks!

--- ConfMail V3.31
 * Origin: Sonoma Online RFE, Fido V12T/HST/V.32 (707)545-0746 
(1:125/7)
: 125/7 151/1000 1003 223