Subject: Generator 7 of 7



------------------------------------------------------------------
(3545)   Sun 21 Jul 91 23:31                             
By: Don Kulha
To: all

------------------------------------------------------------------
For the intrepid electronic builder, this electronic field 
controller's 
schematic is illustrated in Figure 3.  This field controller uses 
off the shelf parts available at Radio Shack.  Printed circuit 
boards, 
kits, and completed field controllers are available from the 
Electron 
Connection Ltd., P.O. Box 442, Medford, Oregon 97501.  Complete 
installation 
and operating instructions are included.  Write for more info.
INSERT FIG 3

Using a Motorized Source for Equalizing Charges
The motorized source is the best type to use for the equalizing 
charges.  
Its voltage output is capable of being adjusted to over 16 volts 
in order to accomplish the equalizing charge.  The motorized source 
is capable of delivering a C/20 rate of charge for the least 7 
continuous 
hours necessary for battery equalization.  Remember the batteries 
must already be full before the equalizing charge is started.

Users of solar and wind systems should consider constructing a 
lawnmower 
powerplant just to equalize their batteries.  The very nature of 
wind and solar energy makes it very difficult to equalize the 
batteries 
without such a motorized power source.  This generator makes 
excellent 
backup power for times when Mother Nature isn't cooperating with 
our energy demands.
 
   Courtesy of and Copyrighted by Home Power Magazine
     From Issue #2, Jan-Feb 1988

--- ConfMail V3.31
 * Origin: Sonoma Online RFE, Fido V12T/HST/V.32 (707)545-0746 
(1:125/7)
: 125/7 151/1000 1003 223