Subject: Thermax, Vertical axis Wind turbine, Helius kit

From: [email-masked] (Mike Prine CIRT)
Date: 20 Jun 1994 12:43:47 -0600

Just happened to have the info on the Thermax corporation.

	Thermax Corporation
	PO Box 3128
	Burlington Vermont 05401

They also have a Canadian outlet

	PO Box 275
	Hawkesburg Ontario K6A 2R9

They deal in Renewable Energy Products, the info I have comes from the plans 
for a bicycle powered generator. I have seen info on their Vertical Axis wind
generator. It is designed to fit on a common TV tower, uses a DC permanent
magnet generator and Lexan polycarbonate vanes. The price tag is $497 in a 
current catalog plus shipping and a tower. It's called a Helius Wind Generator 
Kit and is has a rated power of 25watts, 7amps max. 150watts max if you use a 
LCB to take advantage of higher voltages. I have been tempted to get one but 
am still hoping to get my hands on an old railroad windcharger for free.

	The catalog I have it listed in is a place in colorado

Jade Mountian
PO Box 4616
Boulder CO 80306-4616
1-303-449-6601, Fax 303-449-8266
-- 
I get most of my electricity, at home, from the sun. | Bitnet:   mikep@unmb 
It's a hobby, who cares if it's cost effective!      | Internet: [email-masked]
University of New Mexico in Albuquerque New Mexico, 
2701 Campus Blvd NE 87131-6046 USA     Phone: 505-277-8135