Subject: Sun Juice 4 of 4

From: [email-masked] (Scott Parks)
Date: 13 May 94 22:05:52 -0800

-=> Note:
Forwarded (from: homepowr) by Scott Parks using timEd.
Originally from Don Kulha (1:125/7.0) to All.
Original dated: May 05 '94, 10:04

Anyone in the food business can tell you how much trash is 
generated by it. Sun Squeeze, however produces a remarkably 
small amount. Fruit crates are recycled, pulp is composted and 
the only significant waste item is paper cups. Some of Lu's 
regular customers are now bringing their own reusable cups, 
so even that is decreasing. Coupled with the bicycle trailer, 
this really is a low impact business.
One of the intangible advantages to this system is that Lu only 
has to go out on nice days. He gets to talk to a lot of people, 
teach about solar technology, excite some people and generally 
make some money doing something healthful and harmless. One 
day a group of elementary school kids happened by on a tour, 
and the teacher asked that he explain how the system worked. 
Lu responded that he would not only tell, but would show, tell 
and taste. The kids started chanting "show, tell, taste, show, 
tell, taste", creating a bit of a scene. That has now become his 
motto for promoting this unique solar driven business, and 
solar power in general. Just listening to the comments 
customers make is motivating - "this is great!", "we need more 
of these", "I really love what you're doing", "carrot - kiwi is my 
favorite!" and on and on. The positive energy is really flowing 
around this venture.
SHOW, TELL, TASTE!

Access
Author: Jay Campbell, 218 Dartmouth SE, Albuquerque, NM, 
87106 . 505-256-1261. Lu Yoder, 315 Harvard SE, 
Albuquerque, NM, 87106 . 505-265-3730. Zomeworks, 1011-A 
Sawmill Rd. NW, 87125 . 505-242-5354. Solo Power, 1011 
Sawmill Rd. NW, 87125 . 505-242-8340. 20 Carrots, 2110 
Central SE, Albuquerque, NM, 87106 . 505-242-1320.
Lu Yoder and Jay Campbell met through HP, when both were 
winners in the Indigenous Materials Solar Cooker Contest. Until 
then, they had been tinkering on similar projects only a few 
blocks apart, completely unaware of each other. This article is 
the first joint venture by them.

     Article Courtesy of and Copyright by Home Power Magazine
     PO Box 520, Ashland OR 97520, Pub 6x/yr, $15 US, $20 Int.
     Editorial 916.475.3179, Subs & Back Issues 916.475.0830
     Note: This article is from an early issue; things change.

    Online Archives: SOL-BBS 707.545.0746 & HP-BBS 707.822.8640

___ Squish v1.01
 - Origin: Sonoma Online, HOMEPOWR Echo (707)545-0746-HST\V32b (1:125/7)