Subject: PANUPS: Methyl Bromide Press Advisory

From: Pesticide Action Network North America Reg Ctr <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 92 19:21:31 PST

To: conf:en.agriculture, conf:en.pesticides, conf:en.toxics, ddickerson
Subject: PANUPS: Methyl Bromide Press Advisory
Cc: [email-masked], bitl.sanet [email-masked]
    [email-masked]

=========================================================
PESTICIDE ACTION NETWORK NORTH AMERICA UPDATES SERVICE
=========================================================
PANUPS: Press Advisory  on methyl bromide as ozone depletor

November 10,  1992 

Seven environmental and pesticide organizations will issue a report about 
the adverse effects of the pesticide methyl bromide on the Earth's ozone 
layer.  The report highlights alternatives to methyl bromide, and calls for a 
rapid phase-out of the ozone-depleting pesticide.  Organizations include the 
California Action Network, (CAN), Californians for Alternatives to Toxics 
(CATs), California Institute for Rural Studies (CIRS), Friends of the Earth 
(FOE), National Coalition Against the Misuse of Pesticides (NCAMP), 
Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC), and Pesticide Action Network 
North America Regional Center (PANNA).

Date of press conference: Thursday, November 12, 11:00 AM
Place: State Capitol, Room 1190, Sacramento, California
Date of report release: Thursday, November 12, 1992

To obtain a copy of the report ($10), contact Friends of the Earth at (202)
544-
2600.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Patty Clary, CATs   (707) 822-8497
  Richard Reed, CAN   (916) 756-8518
  Andrea Davis, PANNA   (415) 541-9140 
=========================================================
This information is provided by the Pesticide Action Network North 
America Updates Service (PANUPS), a pesticide-related news service from 
the Pesticide Action Network (PAN) North American Regional Center. 
Updates are posted weekly on EcoNet in the "en.pesticides," 
"en.agriculture" and other appropriate electronic conferences, and 
distributed worldwide across the APC computer network. PANUPS is also 
posted in the Public Conference on RTK NET, on GeoNet in the 
PESTICIDES-BBS bulletin board, on FidoNet in The Ecology Network, on 
the Sustainable Agriculture Network (SANET) on BitNet, and on PENpages 
agriculture information service at Penn State Univ. Hard-copy compilations 
of these updates are also available. For more information about PAN 
activities and publications, contact: PAN NA RC, 965 Mission Street #514, 
San Francisco, CA 94103. Tel: (415) 541-9140. Fax: (415) 541-9253. Telex: 
156283472 PANNA. E-mail address on EcoNet: [email-masked]
==========================================================