Subject: PANUPS: Introduction and Outreach

From: Pesticide Action Network North America Reg Ctr <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 92 10:12:15 PST

=========================================================
PESTICIDE ACTION NETWORK NORTH AMERICA UPDATES SERVICE
=========================================================
Welcome to PANUPS, the Pesticide Action Network Update Service.  We 
are a news briefing service, using on-line communications to focus on 
pesticide-related news and information.  Research, writing, and distribution 
of PANUPS is coordinated through the Pesticide Action Network (PAN)  
North America Regional Center office in San Francisco, California, and 
distributed internationally through computer networks and bulletin boards.  
In addition, bimonthly compilations of PANUPS reports are published and 
distributed through our office.

PAN North America Regional Center is one of six regional centers for the 
Pesticide Action Network, an international coalition of concerned citizens 
and non-governmental organizations promoting safer and more 
sustainable management of natural resources in place of reliance on 
chemical pesticides.  For more information on Pesticide Action Network, 
contact us at <panna@igc apc.org>, or write to us at 965 Mission St. #514, 
San Francisco, CA, USA, 94103.

PANUPS is distributed worldwide through the APC  (Association for 
Progressive Communications) networks,  through posting to such 
conferences as en.pesticides, en.agriculture, en.toxics, and en.climate as 
appropriate. APC makes electronic conferences available throughout the 
world, through member networks such as the Web in Canada, GreenNet in 
the United Kingdom, Pegasus network in Australia, ComLink in Germany, 
and Alternex in South America.Glasnet in the Commonwealth of 
Independent States. 

We also distribute PANUPS to The Ecology Network (FidoNet) and 
Sustainable Agriculture Network (SANET), and the agriculture-based 
information service housed at Pennsylvania State University, PENPAGES. 
In addition, PANUPS is posted to the Right-to-Know network (RTKnet) and 
to other sites throughout the world including PAN regional centers in 
Africa.

We are interested in meeting other partners and recipients of PANUPS and 
learning how  you use PANUPS information,  and what types of 
information you have found most useful or interesting. We welcome your 
thoughts and guidance, and we are especially interested in receiving news 
items and suggestions for other materials for further PANUPS.  Feel free to 
respond to any conference in which PANUPS appears, or, if you prefer, 
address electronic mail to <[email-masked].>

==========================================================
This information is provided by the Pesticide Action Network North 
America Updates Service (PANUPS), a pesticide-related news service from 
the Pesticide Action Network (PAN) North American Regional Center. 
Updates are posted weekly on EcoNet in the "en.pesticides," 
"en.agriculture" and other appropriate electronic conferences, and 
distributed worldwide across the APC computer network. PANUPS is also 
posted in the Public Conference on RTK NET, on GeoNet in the 
PESTICIDES-BBS bulletin board, on FidoNet in The Ecology Network, on 
the Sustainable Agriculture Network (SANET) on BitNet, and on PENpages 
agriculture information service at Penn State Univ. Hard-copy compilations 
of these updates are also available. For more information about PAN 
activities and publications, contact: PAN NA RC, 965 Mission Street #514, 
San Francisco, CA 94103. Tel: (415) 541-9140. Fax: (415) 541-9253. Telex: 
156283472 PANNA. E-mail address on EcoNet: [email-masked]
==========================================================