Subject: PANUPS Job Opening At PANNA

From: Pesticide Action Network North America Reg Ctr <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 93 17:01:40 PST

/* Written  4:57 pm  Jan 14, 1993 by [email-masked] in igc:en.pesticides */
/* ---------- "PANUPS Job Opening At PANNA" ---------- */

Pesticide Action Network North America Regional Center
Staff Openings Announcement

Date: December 22, 1992					Application 
Deadline: Open until positions filled

The Pesticide Action Network North America (PANNA) Regional 
Center is a San Francisco-based non-
profit organization.  PANNA is one of six coordinating centers for 
the Pesticide Action Network Inter-
national, a global coalition of citizensU groups dedicated to replacing 
pesticide use with safe, sustainable 
resource management.  PANNA links over 60 groups in Canada, Mexico 
and the U.S. with some 300 
partner groups in other countries.

Positions Summary
PANNA has two full-time program staff openings.  Starting salaries 
will range from $24,960 to $27,456, 
depending on qualifications and actual responsibilities.  Benefits 
include health and dental, plus 
generous vacations.  Positions are open from January 15, 1993 until 
filled.  People of color, of non-
European descent and from traditionally disadvantaged communities 
are encouraged to apply.

Projects and Programs Needing Staff
While we are open to combining job descriptions in other ways, it is 
most likely that the two positions 
will reflect the following combinations of responsibilities (call for 
complete job descriptions):

-  Coordinator of Information and Publication Services:  Pro-active 
information support to PAN 
international programs and partners, including identifying and 
notifying key contacts of particularly 
useful/strategic information; coordinating and documenting 
fulfillment of daily information requests; 
development of PAN information resources for current PAN 
campaigns and advocacy, and 
management of an in-house information collection and database; and 
editing, writing and production 
of timely information resources, including fact sheets, action 
alerts, bibliographies, the quarterly Global 
Pesticide Campaigner newsletter, and weekly electronic postings 
(PANUPS) on EcoNet. 

- Campaign Coordinator:  Responsible for one or more international 
campaigns, emphasizing activism 
and networking.  Current PANNA campaigns in need of staffing 
include promoting state, national and 
regional pesticide use reduction plans (with emphasis on efforts in 
California and developing 
countries); coordinating sustainable agriculture advocacy at the UN 
Food and Agriculture Organization, 
World Bank and other institutions; and promoting alternatives to 
methyl bromide fumigation, with a 
focus on uses and products in international agricultural trade.  
Campaign work includes information 
outreach, writing and editing, and some travel.

% Both positions require writing program materials, contact with 
the media, and producing grant 
proposals, reports, and other activities to secure program funding 
(in collaboration with fundraising 
staff).

Qualifications
The available positions require mature people capable of independent 
coordination and management 
of major projects and ongoing programs. Desired qualifications 
include strong analytical, strategizing, 
organizing, research, writing and editing, interpersonal and political 
skills; willingness and ability to 
raise funds; and appreciation of diverse cultures.  Fluency in 
Spanish, French and/or other languages is 
highly desirable.  Education and/or experience should include some 
combination of international 
development, sustainable agriculture, public health, toxicology, 
entomology, progressive politics, 
community development, or related fields.  Computer skills are 
required.

To Apply:  Send resume, brief description of your suitability for a 
position incorporating some 
combination of the responsibilities described above, writing 
samples and names of three to five 
references to PANNA, 965 Mission Street, #514, San Francisco, CA 
94103.