Subject: B-17 Boomerang Barbara, mission 3
From: [email-masked] (Michael Fitch)

SUBJECT: B-17 Boomerang Barbara, mission 3.

        From William J. Watson's diary:

December 13     Third raid - Target Kiel - Had a load of incendiaries.
                Flack was most accurate yet - one hour and ten minutes
                it lasted. Lead ship was off course 75 miles. Boomerang
                Barbara had 29 holes in her - 5 in radio room. Smitty
                hit on heel, not hurt.

        From Albert Sorian's memoirs:

Mission No.     3                       Date    Dec. 13, 1943
Target          Keil, Germany
Time                                    Trip    8: hrs
Altitude                                Temp. (C)
Damage          Thirty five flak holes on this mission, but no one
                was hit.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 DO SOMETHING!!!  Lead, follow, or GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!                   
 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 E-mail:        [email-masked]