Subject: WWII-L Digest - 23 Apr 1993 to 24 Apr 1993

From: Automatic digest processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1993 00:00:37 -0400

There are 3 messages totalling 53 lines in this issue.

Topics of the day:

  1. TRANSFERING MONEY
  2. NATIONAL ARCHIVES FTP SITE
  3. BIBLIOGRAPHY REQUEST

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:    Sat, 24 Apr 1993 10:24:43 +0100
From:    Mike Hoffmann <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: TRANSFERING MONEY

Hello John!

>   I do not know whether this would be of any help to you or not
> given the SA regulations, but you could, if you want the book
> sent airmail, just get two $20 American Express checks, sign them
> both top and bottom, and endorse them to me in the middle where
> it says, "Pay this check to the order of."

You answer a question that was in the back of my mind as well.
TRying to issue checks in non-European currencies (i.e. eurochecks) is
a chore.

Mike

--
Mike Hoffmann - Internet Administrator, Siemens-Nixdorf AG, SNI AP 712
INTERNET: [email-masked]
... the space race is over. (Dr. Richard O'Toole, JPL)
... and all contestants quit before reaching the finish-line (me)

------------------------------

Date:    Sat, 24 Apr 1993 11:10:56 +0200
From:    JOHN AUSLAND <[email-masked]>
Subject: NATIONAL ARCHIVES FTP SITE

FOR LYDIA FISH
I have downloaded the files listed in Ted Hull's message.  The file
TITLE.LIST.APR1693 was very hard to view on my computer, evidently
because it uses 132 character lines.  I also note the files are available on
reels, which will limit the number of people who can use them.

The question that occurs to me is: why are they not putting this
stuff on CD-ROM?

Regards, John Ausland

------------------------------

Date:    Sat, 24 Apr 1993 18:38:56 EST
From:    S214000 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: BIBLIOGRAPHY REQUEST

Hello everyone,
I'm looking for a bibliography on the B-17 named Shoo Shoo Baby. Can
anyone help me or give me a good place to start. Thanks, Mike

------------------------------

End of WWII-L Digest - 23 Apr 1993 to 24 Apr 1993
*************************************************