Subject: WWII-L Digest - 17 Jul 1993 to 18 Jul 1993

From: Automatic digest processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1993 00:00:42 -0400

There are 2 messages totalling 35 lines in this issue.

Topics of the day:

  1. KOHL VERSUS MITTERAND
  2. WWII-L Digest - 16 Jul 1993 to 17 Jul 1993

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:    Sun, 18 Jul 1993 10:41:34 +0200
From:    John Ausland <[email-masked]>
Subject: KOHL VERSUS MITTERAND

  Oslo, July 18.  I have just returned to Oslo from the US, where I
attended a reunion of the 4th Infantry Division in Washington, DC.
When reading the International Herald Tribunes which had gathered, I
found a story saying that Kohl wanted to be invited to the June 6
events next year.  According to this story, French and American
officials were negative.  That the French are unenthusiastic does
not surprise me, but I have been unable thus far to get a statement
regarding the US position.
  K and M are meeting in Bonn on Tuesday and may discuss this question.
  I would be interested in getting the views of users of this list.
Should or should not Kohl be invited?  What are the pros and cons?
  Regards, John Ausland

------------------------------

Date:    Sun, 18 Jul 1993 12:56:00 EDT
From:    ROBERT GANNON <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: WWII-L Digest - 16 Jul 1993 to 17 Jul 1993

I see your address as the Liverpool Public Library.  I wonder if you
know of a directory of public libraries.  There are such directories
of university libraries, of course, but I've never heard of one for
non-academic libraries.  Thanks.
======================================================================
Robert Gannon              |  Bitnet:    RHG@PSUVM
35 Burrowes Bldg.          |  Internet:  [email-masked]
Penn State                 |  Phone:     814 355-4800 or 355-0943
University Park, PA 16802  |  Fax:       814 863-7285

------------------------------

End of WWII-L Digest - 17 Jul 1993 to 18 Jul 1993
*************************************************