Subject: WWII-L Digest - 9 Jul 1993 to 10 Jul 1993

From: Automatic digest processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1993 00:00:31 -0400

There is one message totalling 35 lines in this issue.

Topics of the day:

  1. MISC: French army

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:    Sat, 10 Jul 1993 14:36:55 EDT
From:    "[email-masked]. --Scherrer,
         Tim A." <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: MISC: French army

Can anyone be more specific about port operations by the Allies.  It
would be my guess that the stevedores were military transport types,
while the railroads were probably civilians who operated them before the
Germans arrived, after they occupied France, and after they were beaten
back.

(I'm thinking about ports and ships because I'm getting ready to go to
the San Fransisco Bay area again to look at ports and the Suisun Bay
liberty ships next weekend).

Tim

BTW, if anyone wonders were my quote came from on my signature box: When
I was six, the movie The Battle of the Bulge was on TV, and it was also
my bedtime.  My dad sent me to bed--of course I was very upset at not
being able to watch the end of the movie (at that age I wasn't sure who
won it!!!).  He said to me as I was making vocal my state of mind,
"Don't worry--you'll be fighting World War II for the rest of your life.
Doomed to be a reenactor at the age of six.

************************************************************************
*  Tim A. Scherrer          "You'll be fighting WWII for the rest of   *
*  Facilities Supervisor     your life", Ron Scherrer, 1971            *
*  WP:816-785-5253                                                     *
*  HP:816-665-6704                                                     *
*  ID# [email-masked]                             *
************************************************************************

------------------------------

End of WWII-L Digest - 9 Jul 1993 to 10 Jul 1993
************************************************