Subject: WWII-L Digest - 7 Aug 1993 to 8 Aug 1993

From: Automatic digest processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1993 00:00:22 -0400

There is one message totalling 35 lines in this issue.

Topics of the day:

  1. INF: Need shipping losses tables...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:    Sat, 7 Aug 1993 23:22:13 EST
From:    Larry & Kim Jewell <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: INF: Need shipping losses tables...

> > I need a reference for shipping losses for each month of the war. Number
> > of ships and tonnage from all causes.  Any suggestions?

> > Larry J
>  For the US what about the Maritime Administration ( Is it part of Dept of
> Commerce or Transportation?) Maybe I can dig up a number and call them here in
> Washington next week.

> Bob Smart ([email-masked] or [email-masked])

Thanks for the offer.  The Naval Historical Center recommended the book
below for the U-Boat losses, but I still need a general merchant vessel loss
listing if I can find it.

Larry J

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Title:          Axis submarine successes, 1939-1945 / by Jurgen Rohwer ;
                   introductory material translated by John A. Broadwin.
 Author(s):      Rohwer, Jurgen.
 Other titles:   U-Boot-Erfolge der Achsenmachte, 1939-1945. English
 Publisher:      Annapolis, Md. : Naval Institute Press, c1983.
 Description:    xxii, 386 p. : maps ; 17 x 22 cm.
 Notes:          Updated translation of: Die U-Boot-Erfolge der Achsenmachte,
                   1939-1945.
                 Includes indexes.
 ISBN:           0870210823
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

End of WWII-L Digest - 7 Aug 1993 to 8 Aug 1993
***********************************************