Subject: WWII-L Digest - 20 Aug 1993 to 21 Aug 1993

From: Automatic digest processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1993 00:00:33 -0400

There are 2 messages totalling 52 lines in this issue.

Topics of the day:

  1. MISC: Aberdeen Museum
  2. ADMIN: New flag:TROUBLE:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:    Sat, 21 Aug 1993 15:54:22 +0100
From:    Bob Smart <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: MISC: Aberdeen Museum

>         For those going to Aberdeen, be on the lookout for the T-34
> with the bogus towing eyelets.  Apparently, the craftsmen from Tamiya
> Model Company went to Aberdeen in order to study the vehicles to produce
> their various armor models and one of these was the T-34.  The particular
> T-34 they studied had had two additional towing eyelets welded on by the
> Americans who had brought it over after the war.  These two eyelets are
> positioned at the very front of the chasis of the vehicle.  Anyway, Tamiya
> faithfully reproduced these eyelets on all of the 1/35 scale kits (even
> though their box art does not show them!).  Other model companies followed
> suit and now many scale models of the T-34 have these American additions.
> To the modelers on the list:  Remove these eyelets from their models!
> --
> Joe Barone
> [email-masked]

Sort of like the Soviets when they copied the B-29 that was interned and came up
with the Tu-4 (Bull). The B-29 had been damaged on some previous missions and
was sporting some patches when the Soviets got hold of it. reports have it that
the Tu-4 faithfully duplicated those patches on the knock-off versions :-)

Bob Smart ([email-masked])

------------------------------

Date:    Sat, 21 Aug 1993 15:11:36 EST
From:    Larry & Kim Jewell <[email-masked]>
Subject: ADMIN: New flag:TROUBLE:

Every once in a while I get error messages from sites that I can't reach.
I'd rather not delete those members but I get a error message for each
posting to the list for each of the troublesome sites. 250+ error messages
a day on a bad stretch.

So, I'm going to post a note with the TROUBLE flag when I get these msgs.
If you see

TROBULE: mace.cc.purdue.edu

and that's not your site, ditch it. If it is your site, check to see if
you're address, or the address of a colleague, friend, classmate, etc.

I'm only going to try this on the most troublesome sites, the ones I can't
reach otherwise, so you shouldn't see many and they'll always be short.

Larry J

------------------------------

End of WWII-L Digest - 20 Aug 1993 to 21 Aug 1993
*************************************************