Subject: WWII-L Digest - 22 Oct 1993 to 23 Oct 1993

From: Automatic digest processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1993 00:00:57 -0400

There is one message totalling 58 lines in this issue.

Topics of the day:

  1. finding plane gifs

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:    Sat, 23 Oct 1993 08:53:59 -0500
From:    Larry & Kim Jewell <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: finding plane gifs

The original poster of the article about WWII airplane gifs sends this
file on how to retrieve them:

        FTP WUARCHIVE.WUSTL.EDU

        When asked for name, enter ANONYMOUS

        as asked, enter your net address as the password

        after signing on,
                        CD graphics/gif                 down 2 sub directories
                        DIR

        you will see files of the form                  new-files.930110
        these files contain one-line descriptions of
        recently cataloged files. As you can see, the
        last update was on Feb 10, 1993

        You will also see a directory                   unindexed

        do a            CD unindexed
                        DIR

        you will see directories of the form            930910
        (the name is yymmdd.) Each directory contains
        files that have been cleared for content, but
        not yet indexed. You can only brows by file
        name, ya get what ever ya get

        anyway, shortcut path is after signing on

        CD graphics/gif/unindexed/930910

        BINARY                          (sets mode of transfer
        GET P40.GIF                     (get the gif of the P40 hawk)
        GET ???                         get more plane gifs
        BYE                             log off

Frank R. Borger - Physicist     ___      It's 9:00 am. Do you know where your
Michael Reese - U of Chicago   |___      children are? Well, it depends on
Center for Radiation Therapy   | |_) _   whether or not the Judge opened
net: [email-masked]    | \|_)  the schools today.
ph: 312-791-8075 fa: 791-2517       |_)

--
[email-masked]; Listowner: WWII-L; Moderator: BYRD.MU.WVNET.EDU
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly
unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life."
Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

------------------------------

End of WWII-L Digest - 22 Oct 1993 to 23 Oct 1993
*************************************************