Subject: What gem should I wear to a job interview?

From: [email-masked] (MizKatz)
Date: 21 Dec 1994 06:37:32 -0500

What gem should I wear to a job interview?

---

From: [email-masked] (Nira2U)
Date: 21 Dec 1994 12:54:29 -0500

lapis lazuli & rose quartz
Your eyes are the windows of your soul... And some of you need contact
lenses!

---

From: [email-masked] (Sunnyway)
Date: 22 Dec 1994 00:21:18 -0500

In addition to lapis and rose quartz, I'd add sugelite and sodalite and
maybe amethyst.  You want to be as calm and at ease as possible, retaining
good judgment and intuitive ability.

---

From: [email-masked] (Sunnyway)
Date: 22 Dec 1994 12:26:46 -0500

P.S. Carry the crystals in a purse or briefcase, rather than wearing them.

I already got one flame suggesting that one would look rediculous wearing
all this stuff.  I assumed (naively) that one would have the sense to know
this.  Frankly, the only jewelry I'd wear to a job interview would be
gold: tasteful earings, a wring and a watch.

Good luck on the interview.
Regards,
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Wayne Kvas)
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 94 22:18:00 -0500

N > References: <[email-masked]>
N > Reply-To: [email-masked] (Nira2U)
N > 
N > lapis lazuli & rose quartz
N > Your eyes are the windows of your soul... And some of you need contact
N > lenses!
    
    ....the gem to wear to a job interview should be the interviewers
    favorite, not yours.Thus insuring an instant connection....

 * [email-masked]             1:229/15       ->crs
---
 * RoseReader 2.52b P007426 Entered at [CRS]

---

From: [email-masked] (Lawler Keith)
Date: 25 Dec 1994 05:18:03 GMT

Sunnyway ([email-masked]) wrote:
: In addition to lapis and rose quartz, I'd add sugelite and sodalite and
                 ^^^^^                                       ^^^^^^^^
: maybe amethyst.  You want to be as calm and at ease as possible, retaining
: good judgment and intuitive ability.

If she is going to wear lapis lazuli she will be wearing sodalite.  The
mineral sodalite is a main portion of the rock lapis lazuli, along with
diopside, streaks of calcite, and pyrite flecks (maybe others??). 

If I were her, I would whatever jewelery made her feel most comfortable.  
A trick I use is to relax with a stone.  I just pick one, doesn't matter 
what kind, as long as it has a relaxing appearance (lapis lazuli has very 
soothing colors).  I associate relaxation with the stone.  Then, when I 
get nervous, I use the stone as a reminder to relax.  I use various 
stones to remind me of certain things.  When I study for a test, I hold a 
stone or keep it near me, then I bring that same stone with me into the 
test.  It is a symbol for me to focus on when things get out of hand.  It 
helps me to "step back" from the current situation and remind me of 
exactly what it is that I am trying to do.  

Keith

---

From: [email-masked] (MoDok)
Date: 1 Jan 1995 20:29:07 -0500

May I suggest a "Pocket Stone"; that is a gem that is large enough to hold
in
your hand for "good luck" but not so expensive that if scratched or lost
you
would feel devistated. Pick a gem that is known for the influence you
desire:
Smokey Quartz  is good for relaxation and grounding oneself. It would keep
you from getting nervous and chatting about non esential things.
Citrine is good for safety and the ability to get along with others. To
tune
into the other person's wants and thought paterns.
Amethyst protects against danger especially when traveling and clears
mental
unrest. It initiates wisdom and greater understanding.
If you need more information then call Talisman Catalog 1-800-777-9940 for
a free
catalog of gemstones.