Subject: Heard of Oregon?

From: [email-masked] (Perrin L Elmore)
Date: Thu, 25 May 1995 22:08:59

I'm looking for interesting people from across the country to tell me what you 
thing you know about Oregon. What do people believe about Oregon in your 
state? Do you think we're behind the times and still ride around in 
horse-drawn wagons? this info will be used ofr an article about myths and 
misconceptions about Oregon. Please include in your response your name, city, 
state, and occupation. Thanks for your help.

Please send all responses to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] ()
Date: 26 May 1995 23:20:44 GMT

> state, and occupation. Thanks for your help.

Sorry...most schools in America don't look into Canadian geography and culture.
Just because it borders Montana and Idaho, doesn't mean that we know any more
about it than we do about the US territories of Hawaii and Bermuda.

Rob "winner of the 1978 National Geography Bee" Greanias

---

From: [email-masked] (Duran Perkins)
Date: Sat, 27 May 1995 02:41:09 GMT

>> misconceptions about Oregon. Please include in your response your name, city
>Sorry...most schools in America don't look into Canadian geography and culture

Heehee...excellent response.  Family lore has it that my mother's maternal 
grandmother warned my mother about moving out to WA because of the Injuns. 
(My mother, a good Iowa gal, married my father, a rough-n-tough man from 
that rough and tough frontier city, Seattle.  Rough!  I'll say it was.  
Seattle didn't even have one espresso cart.)  
	
	Duran "Native of the Oregon Territory, Not from *that* WA, the other
one (YES, THE STATE!)" Perkins
[email-masked]

Flames questioning the usefulness/reasons for my existence will be directed 
toward my parents.

---

From: [email-masked] (John Davis)
Date: Sat, 27 May 1995 04:25:07 GMT

[email-masked] wrote:
: On Thu, 25 May 1995 22:08:59, Perrin L Elmore ([email-masked]) tried to convince us that:
: > I'm looking for interesting people from across the country to tell me what you 
: > thing you know about Oregon. 

: Sorry...most schools in America don't look into Canadian geography and culture.
: Just because it borders Montana and Idaho, doesn't mean that we know any more
: about it than we do about the US territories of Hawaii and Bermuda.

: Rob "winner of the 1978 National Geography Bee" Greanias

ROTFL  Now that's funny.  

--
              A_A  
John Davis   (o o)         All warfare is based on deception. 
----------oOO-(^)-OOo------------------------------Sun Tzu---------------
               ~