Subject: Re: Legends and Bead and Gem Folklore.

From: [email-masked] (Sharon)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 95 18:34:56 GMT

In Article <[email-masked]>, Sharon
Saroff <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>I am looking for stories, legends and mention of gems in mythology for a 
>some research I am doing.  So far it is pretty extensive and I have found 
>many stories but the more the better.  Please include source of 
>information (So that I can look it up), country of the story's origen and 
>the gem it is about.  All stories shared would be appreciated.  In 
>exchange, if anyone is interested, I'll share the ones I already have.
>
I am interested very much. Off hand, I have no stories of my own yet but I
will look.

Sharon
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  Sharon A. Steiner               |            We're all myths.             |
|  [email-masked]                 |                                         |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

---

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Kilnisan)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 08:48:54 -0500

have you seen any or all of the frederick kunz books on gem stones?  i'll
trade you my bibliography for yours. 
 
steve 
-- 
Stephen Kilnisan - Traders of Babylon - Fine Jewelers to the Internet and
Web - Diamonds and Gemstones at wholesale prices - Diamonds of all
shapes,sizes,colors and cuts with GIA certificates - All sorts of
Gemstones, fine quality and unusual - Ancient engraved gems from 3000 B.C.
to 1000 A.D.- Antiquities and Ancient coins loose or incorporated in
handcrafted designs - 47th Street N.Y.C. location,the Diamond & Gemstone
Capital of the World - call 212-221-1145 or email [email-masked] or
come visit us at the National Jewelers Exchange,4 West 47th Str.,Booths 65
& 66

---

From: [email-masked] (Jeffery McCreary)
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 1995 05:44:52 GMT

You could try Joan Evans 'MAGICAL JEWELS' of the Middle Ages
and the Rennaissance. Pub. Dover 1976.  Basically this book is
an account of the belief in the magickal powers of gems and
jewels in Gr. Brit. up to the end of the 18th C.

'THE OCCULT AND CURATIVE POWERS OF PRECIOUS STONES' by Wlm. T.
Fernie, pub'd by Stiener Books NY, 1973 , touches on the
aspects of esoteric folklore, ancient wisdom, modern
pharmocology and contemporary healing.

'THE CURIOUS LORE OF PRECIOUS STONES - AN ILLUS. GUIDE TO THE
HISTORY AND POWERS OF GEMSTONES' by G.F. Kunz.  pub. by Bell
Pub. Co. NY 1989. This book covers a lot of the superstitions
as well as history. WQuite good.

Hope this helps.
Track McCreary at Emerald Mountain Research
[email-masked]
-- 
...There will me a mandatory sunrise on the main horizon...        *
Track McCreary Va. Beach, VA   email- [email-masked]       * *
                                                                 *   *
'If ya' don't stand fer sumpin', you'll fall fer ennythang'     *     *