Subject: >ABRAXAS< Gnostic Gem carving

From: [email-masked] (GEMSTAR588)
Date: 6 Feb 1995 00:52:42 -0500

>>ABRAXAS<< Gnostic Gem carving<                            
                   Upload date:2/5/95    In the USENET newsgroup
alt.binaries.pictures.misc I have
uploaded a uuencoded JPG of a scanned photo of an enlarged picture of a
Gnostic Gem showing the symbol Abraxas
carved in Heliotrope(Bloodstone) set in 14kt. gold and Sterling Silver.
It is thought to be an original Gnostic carving and is shown on page 127
of
"The Curious Lore of Prescious Stones" by F.Kunz.     The image is cut
"Intaglio" meaning cut into the stone like a seal for sealing wax.     
The
stone was left to me when I was 17 by my Father who was a lifelong
collector
of artifacts and antiquities and I have had it for 30 years.    I am a
Jewelry Designer/Gemcutter and set the stone myself in this pendant about
10
years ago.     To celebrate my 25th year as a Jeweler(1970-1995) I have
made a
mold of the stone in the pendant and I am making a limited edition of
50-14kt.Gold and 100-Sterling Silver reproductions of the stone and
pendant.
And will soon have a picture of #1(Artists Copy)  Online in
this same section soon.     Anyone with interest or information about
Abraxas
or the Gnostics please contact [email-masked]      or
[email-masked]             Thanx and Enjoy!