Subject: Lake Superior Agate

From: [email-masked] (Steve Pavlak)
Date: 30 Jan 1995 03:40:07 GMT

Attention All Gemstone Collectors:

The Lake Superior Agate is the oldest, and perhaps the most
beautiful agate in the world!

To receive a beautiful, polished Lake Superior Agate along
with interesting information on collecting and the history of
this precious gemstone send $4.00 to:

S and K Gemstones
2845 County Rd 19
Maple Plain, MN  55359

This supply is limited, so reply soon!

---

From: [email-masked] (Lawrence H Haftl)
Date: 31 Jan 1995 19:15:42 -0800

>This supply is limited, so reply soon! 

What a load of horse manure.  Here in Oregon we have several types of 
agate that make "lake superior agate" look like road rocks.  Several 
plume and feather types, opalescent thunder eggs (agate filled cavities), 
and exotic banded types are just a few.  And for $4 you get a lot more 
than a cheap handout and a tumbled pebble.

Normally I avoid flaming anyone for anything, but in this case I could 
not let such a ripoff go without comment.