Subject: Rose Quartz

From: [email-masked] (XTC Spectrei)
Date: 31 Oct 1994 18:00:34 GMT

Hiya peoples :)

Can anyone please inform me of the properties of rose quartz, I understand
it has the properties of healing and love, but I'm not sure.

Tankx :)

-- 
 | ~o /```+++ ....          -=:<* XTC  Spectrei *>:=-         .... +++'''\ o~ |
 |_/\|   *   *     *             /=-=-=-=-=-=-=\            *     *   *   |/\_|
 |  < \  *     *  "Open your heart and your mind to the world,  *     *  / >  |
 |  '  `   * Your undoing can answer the questions you didn't have" *   '  `  |

---

From: [email-masked] (Susan C. Mitchell)
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 1994 23:42:03 GMT

XTC Spectrei ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Hiya peoples :)

: Can anyone please inform me of the properties of rose quartz, I understand
: it has the properties of healing and love, but I'm not sure.

"Healing and love" -- that about covers it, from what I understand.  
Diane Stein (_Women's Spirituality Book_, _Women's Book of Healing_) uses 
it for the Heart chakra, as an alternative to the more traditional green 
stones:

"Rose quartz, a massive form of quartz, opens the heart, particularly if 
worn as a necklace or in a bag over the breastbone.  Emotional release 
results from this, and the healing that follows this release.  The stone 
is also used for a loving, positive outlook and emotional state, for 
forgiveness, self-acceptance and cheering.  Rose quartz stimulates a 
feeling of oneness with the goddess' universe.  In healing, use rose 
quartz for heartache and emotional pain, for dis-ease of the throat, 
ears, nose and sinuses, for the kidneys and high blood pressure and for 
adults recovering from abused childhoods."

And, to again quote Stein:  "Patriarchal law requires that I make this 
disclaimer:  no attempt is made in this book to claim cures.  In time of 
illness, see the care-giver of your choice."  (For "book," substitute 
"Usenet article.")

Think globally, act locally.
     Susan

--
===========================================================================
"We, the people, are not free.  Our democracy is but a name.  We vote?  
What does that mean?  We choose between Tweedledum and Tweedledee."
				-- Helen Keller

---

From: [email-masked] (John Mayer)
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 1994 02:52:36

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (XTC Spectrei) writes:
>From: [email-masked] (XTC Spectrei)
>Subject: Rose Quartz
>Date: 31 Oct 1994 18:00:34 GMT

Dunno about healing, haven't read about that, but it is definitely (almost 
universally) associated with love in all its forms, as also innocence. I make 
a habit of charging rose quartz and giving it to people I love strongly as
a link between my spirit and theirs. It works. Try it. ;-)

John E."Papa John" Mayer
[email-masked]
"I'm easy...I ain't cheap, but I'm easy!"