Subject: Gemstone Curses

From: [email-masked] (Gina Black)
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 1994 18:07:25 GMT

I'm interested in finding out about the curses which each gemstone is 
supposed to carry, e.g. opals being bad luck, "pearls are for tears", 
etc. It's really the "species" folklore I'm looking for, as opposed to 
individual gems (such as the Hope diamond).

Can anyone help? Or point me in the direction of a reference? Thanks.

-- 
Gina                                
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[email-masked] | Great Bird on AOL |    ....*I* am the walrus....  
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

---

From: [email-masked] (Pete Levinthal)
Date: 7 Nov 1994 18:51:50 -0600

>individual gems (such as the Hope diamond).

This isn't really a story about the "curses" associated w/opals, but could
give a clue to their purported "bad luck".  Hope this helps..

Pete

Opals - are precious white or milky stones with shifting colors inside.  They
are extremely sensitive and must be treated with great care, because if
cracked they will lose the water they contain which is responsible for their
opalescence.  Opals are best worn on the left hand, as far away from the body
as possible.  When worn properly, they emit love to others.  Opals can enhance
cosmic consciousness and bring love, joy, creativity and intuition.  However,
any time one feels uncomfortable wearing an Opal, the stone should be removed;
because an Opal can intensify one's emotional state.