Subject: Re: Copper and Silver, sometimes gold...

From: [email-masked] (MizKatz)
Date: 19 Jan 1995 21:59:01 -0500

Traditionally, copper bracelets are worn to treat arthritis.

---

From: [email-masked] (William Wayne Barker)
Date: 25 Jan 1995 16:59:58 -0600

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Jeremy Seip) writes:
>I was wondering what possible effects copper, silver and gold might have if
>worn regularly.  
>
>
Copper turns you green, silver turns you black, and wearing gold will get
you killed in the wrong neighborhood. B->

---

From: [email-masked] (EdgarC)
Date: 29 Jan 1995 23:13:51 -0500

Amethyst is believed to be the general healing stone of the bead world. It
is particularly useful for ailments of the head, dizziness, headaches, eye
troubles and so on. A teacher who is subject to severe stress headaches
sees them vanish quickly when she puts on amethyst earrings. A writer
acquaintance has an eyeglass lanyard with amethyst beads near the loop
attachments; it serves the same purpose for him.

---

From: [email-masked] (Lawler Keith)
Date: 30 Jan 1995 19:19:33 GMT

EdgarC ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Amethyst is believed to be the general healing stone of the bead world. It
                                                             
Of course, on our world, amethyst is simply a purple variety of quartz.

Keith

---

From: [email-masked] (JG. Wakefield)
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 1995 20:53:45 GMT

William Wayne Barker ([email-masked]) wrote:
: In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Jeremy Seip) writes:
: >I was wondering what possible effects copper, silver and gold might have if
: >worn regularly.  

I'm not sure about the silver and the gold, but I do know that wearing a
band of copper (for example around your wrist) is supposed to help
ailments such as rheumatoid arthritis.
Not sure why.

--
James Wakefield - University of Bristol (Biochem. Dept.)
e-mail: [email-masked]

Winter is an old ale, a warm fire and celtic harp

Myr.

---

From: [email-masked] (Susan C. Mitchell)
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 1995 22:25:44 GMT

Lawler Keith ([email-masked]) wrote:
: EdgarC ([email-masked]) wrote:
: : Amethyst is believed to be the general healing stone of the bead world. It
:                                                              
: Of course, on our world, amethyst is simply a purple variety of quartz.

Thank you for providing us with your world's *folklore*.

Think globally, act locally.
     Susan

--
===========================================================================
"We, the people, are not free.  Our democracy is but a name.  We vote?  
What does that mean?  We choose between Tweedledum and Tweedledee."
				-- Helen Keller

---

From: [email-masked] (EdgarC)
Date: 1 Feb 1995 21:10:30 -0500

True, Keith, as are virtually all named semi-precious stones...yet each is
peculiar in that each vibrates with a slightly different frequency . . .

---

From: anne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 1995 15:11:19 +0000

> ailments such as rheumatoid arthritis.

Apparently the metal realigns the electrical forces that run around the body.
My father has always worn one against rheumatics and he's never had 
it,he's 76 now.

peace,anne

                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                             Anne R. Broadbent
                              entered......
                                  and  left.
                          **********************

---

From: [email-masked] (Susan Profit)
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 1995 23:05:13 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
JG. Wakefield <[email-masked]> wrote:
>ailments such as rheumatoid arthritis. Not sure why.

Hi. 
When I was growing up in Western Montana, our neighbor was a gold panner, 
but also a member of a local tribe. He wore a copper band around his 
wrist for his arthritis, but also several leather, silver and cloth ones 
as well. He said that keeping the joint warm eased the pain, and the 
wristlets eased the pain by keeping the wrist warm. Nothing mystical, 
nothing in the property of the wristlets themselves.

I am now old enough to have developed arthritis myself, and I was told by 
the MD that keeping the joint warm -sometimes- eases the pain by increasing 
the blood flow. It will also increase the effectiveness, in -some- people 
of any anti-inflammitories they drink/eat/take. Tht many folks who get 
pain relief in the early stages of an inflammation by using 
wrist/elbow/knee braces do so because of the thermal insulation.

 @}->- ;) Tinne   Laughter Heals :D -<-{@