Subject: "Magic" Crystals???

From: [email-masked] (Lawler Keith)
Date: 6 Jan 1995 21:36:16 GMT

Do you folks REALLY believe in magic crystals???  

Keith

---

From: [email-masked] (Wayne Kvas)
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 95 11:51:00 -0500

U > 
U > Do you folks REALLY believe in magic crystals???
U > 
U > Keith

    ...If it isn't because of the "magic" of the crystal
    .....quartz,vibrating,as it does...when current is applied
    ..... then the computer your using wouldn't work!

    but I don't believe ingesting crushed emeralds will improve
    my eye sight...but then again I've not tried it. 

 * [email-masked]             1:229/15       ->crs
---
 * RoseReader 2.52b P007426 Entered at [CRS]

---

From: [email-masked] (Sunnyway)
Date: 7 Jan 1995 12:39:37 -0500

Keith, I don't know that users of crystals believe they are "magic", but
we've learned that they do have certain capacity for enhancing skills.  It
is a scientific fact that some crystals hold energy like storage
batteries. Other minerals are used as medical compounds.

I know that I am sensitive to obsidian, kyanite, citrine and rose quartz.
I also am attracted to lapis, sodalite and sugelite.  Now some of these
are not particularly "pretty" stones, so I'm hard pressed to explain their
attraction. However, I've learned that having discovered an attraction to
a crystal, eventually I will also discover how it will aid me.

Obsidian makes me cry-- drawing out my fears.  Rose quartz comforts me, a
warm fuzzy feeling inside. Kyanite centers and grounds me.  I an unable to
stay angry if I pick up a kyanite crystal.  Citrine amplifies my mood and
psychic energy, sort of a telepathic or empathic booster.

Keith, continue to maintain your skepticism as you explore this concept. 
Not every stone will attract you. Not every one will be useful to you. 
Keep touching and holding and collecting crystals and other stones and
eventually, I'm confident, you will stunned to discover some to which you
have a sensitivity or bond.

---

From: Mark Davis
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 1995 23:38:56 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] 
says...

>    my eye sight...but then again I've not tried it. 

You might try making crystal water, take a cleaned crystal, drop it into 
a glass jar of spring or distilled water, and leave it overnite. The 
water absorbs the energies. You can also make colored waters by using 
colored bottles, or wrapping the bottle in the color of tissue paper for 
the effect you desire.

Cindy
-- 
*========================================================*
*HolliCom Internet Services                              *
*"Bringing the world to North Central Indiana"           *
*(317) 883-4562  [email-masked]                          *
*=========================================================

---

From: [email-masked] (Lawler Keith)
Date: 9 Jan 1995 21:39:25 GMT

MarkDavis wrote:
:> You might try making crystal water, take a cleaned crystal, drop it into 
:> a glass jar of spring or distilled water, and leave it overnite. The 
:> water absorbs the energies. You can also make colored waters by using 
                    ^^^^^^^^
What energies are these Cindy? (Or is it MarkDavis?)  

:> colored bottles, or wrapping the bottle in the color of tissue paper for 
:> the effect you desire.

You will have much faster (and better) results if you use food coloring.  
And exactly what effects does one desire when making colored water?

:> Cindy
:> -- 
:> *========================================================*
:> *HolliCom Internet Services                              *
:> *"Bringing the world to North Central Indiana"           *
:> *(317) 883-4562  [email-masked]                          *
:> *=========================================================

Magic crystals and colored water!  I would drop this newsgroup if it 
wern't for the laughs I'm getting!!!

Keith

---

From: Cindy Davis
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 1995 15:53:48 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] says...

>What energies are these Cindy? (Or is it MarkDavis?)  

It's Cindy... I'm using my hubby's account. Are you denying that everything that exists 
possesses an energy?  The principle of crushing crystals and eating them is to absorb the energy 
the crystal element emits. It is the same principle with the crystal waters and colored waters. 
Have you ever heard of colored light therapy for healing?  I'm referring to Gem Elixirs and 
Vibrational Healing by Gurudus
>And exactly what effects does one desire when making colored water?

Possibly, but then you are introducing foreign and sometimes allergic substances into the water 
directly. You can reference this type of light use with The Power of Rays, The Science of 
Colour-Healing by S. G. J. Ouseley. Some chiropractors have utilized this technique with much 
success.

>wern't for the laughs I'm getting!!!

I'm glad you have a sense of humour. I was only replying to the previous messages about 
crystal vibrations and personal uses of them.
-- 
*========================================================*
*HolliCom Internet Services                              *
*"Bringing the world to North Central Indiana"           *
*(317) 883-4562  [email-masked]                          *
*=========================================================

---

From: [email-masked] (jill)
Date: 11 Jan 1995 03:06:04 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Lawler Keith) says:

>wern't for the laughs I'm getting!!!

I agree that talking about rocks and colored water may seem strange,or
comedic. I felt much the same way until a particular piece of quartz
crystal introduced itself to me. This piece of quartz had traveled all
over the country, being handed from person to person until one day it was
handed to a total skeptic/cynic (me). I thought the whole thing was silly,
but being that it was such a well traveled rock, I held on to it. It was
a very persistent crystal, and against my own skepticism led me to dreams,
meditations and healings I would not have been able to imagine. A year later
I sent it on to it's traveling while commencing a long journey of my own.

Perhaps you need some humor in your life and that is why you have chosen
this newsgroup. Or perhaps  you are interested in geology, or any other
number of paths that are somewhat different to the ones you are presently
following. As I came in late to this discussion, I don't know what the
original intent was, but I know that a journey sometimes starts in places
you would never have consciously chosen. Good luck on your path(s).

---

From: [email-masked] (Sunnyway)
Date: 12 Jan 1995 04:16:47 -0500

Thanks, Jill, that was my experience also.  I was a total skeptic until an
obsidian globe made a believer out of me.  I don't mind skeptics, I just
keep handing them more stones.  

I think a good point has been made by the various responses.  I haven't
heard anyone say that crystals are "magic", but there are many who
experience _something_ that leads them to the conclusion that crystals are
conduits of the power source.  We experience the power source in many
ways--some of us in fundamentalist religious faith, others in metaphysical
experiences. The power source and its manifestations exist regardless of
our belief systems.

---

From: [email-masked] (Nira2U)
Date: 14 Jan 1995 16:30:36 -0500

notsomuch magic as USEFUL--what are you afraid of?!