Subject: lapiz-lazuli

From: [email-masked] (MizKatz)
Date: 14 Feb 1995 20:59:43 -0500

What is the scoop with lapiz-lazuli? My honey gave me some for V-Day.

---

From: [email-masked] (Lawler Keith)
Date: 15 Feb 1995 05:49:50 GMT

MizKatz ([email-masked]) wrote:
: What is the scoop with lapiz-lazuli? My honey gave me some for V-Day. 

It is a rock composed of sodalite (lazurite variety), calcite and pyrite.

--
keith Lawler
Geology student
Northeastern Illinois Univ.
Chicago, Il

---

From: [email-masked] (Nira2U)
Date: 15 Feb 1995 14:11:01 -0500

it's a truth stone...

---

From: [email-masked] (Flyinggoat)
Date: 15 Feb 1995 12:45:03 -0500

>What is the scoop with lapiz-lazuli? My honey gave me some for V-Day. 

Well, it was VERY popular in Ancient Egypt, (it was used in Tutankhamun's
golden mask) and it's supposed to be bad luck, unless you were born in
October.

Betty Cunningham([email-masked])
illustrator, animator, and likes to collect dead things

---

From: [email-masked] (Angelia Bate)
Date: 15 Feb 1995 18:39:20 GMT

>What is the scoop with lapiz-lazuli? My honey gave me some for V-Day. 

Lapis lazuli is a psychic facilitator used by ancient egyptians to 
access sacred knowledge. It cleanses the mind, body and spirit of toxins 
and negativity. Key words are: WILL, PERFECTION, AWARENESS. It 
encourages integrity in relationships, and strengthens the immune 
system. Activates the 6th chakra, and is a powerful stone Aquarians, 
Taureans, and Sagittarians. It will not bring bad luck if used by any 
other sign:)

Angelia

---

From: [email-masked] (Kathleen Otley)
Date: 15 Feb 1995 19:09:34 -0500

Lawler Keith ([email-masked]) wrote:
: MizKatz ([email-masked]) wrote:
: : What is the scoop with lapiz-lazuli? My honey gave me some for V-Day. 
: It is a rock composed of sodalite (lazurite variety), calcite and pyrite.
: keith Lawler
: Geology student
: Northeastern Illinois Univ.
: Chicago, Il

At risk of offending our geology student, I guess I'll take a crack at 
talking about the metaphysical meaning of the stone.

It's one of the ancient stones listed in the Bible.  Its traditional 
meaning is that of calm, steady wisdom, nobility, and mental strength.  
It's sometimes called the King of Stones because it represents such noble 
virtues.  It's considered an especially good gift for a man.

It's one of my favorite stones, very beautiful whether in gem grade 
(mostly blue with pyrite sparkles and little to no white) or cutting 
grade (lots of white, and the pyrite in streaks or bands).

It's traditionally connected with the sixth chakra, governing clarity of 
mind, wisdom and inner balance.  It's very popular in New Age circles.

It's a lovely and thoughtful gift.  Your sweetheart sounds as if she is 
very sensitive to stones' vibrations, and picked one which is auspicious 
and beneficial for a young (?) man like yourself.

Best wishes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kathleen Otley      | "Blaze the trail of equipoise, and enter the heart,
[email-masked]    |  the Divine Splendor."   Swami Chidvilasananda
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kathleen Otley      | "Blaze the trail of equipoise, and enter the heart,
[email-masked]    |  the Divine Splendor."   Swami Chidvilasananda
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (SJanzen)
Date: 19 Feb 1995 04:15:54 -0500

lapiz-lazuli is not native to the earth, but adapted to it quickly and
gained great 
power in ancient times.  It is now in the later part of its life and has
been decreasing in power for some time.  The Egyptian royatly used it to
gain greater awareness and understand - and therefore greater control over
the masses.
You can read information about it in "Gifts of the Gemstone Guardians"
from
Golden Age Publishing.