Subject: alt.folklore.gemstones

From: [email-masked] (Starlette L. Vaughn)
Date: 17 Jan 1995 23:40:50 GMT

Does anyone out there know the significance of garnets?  I had a dream in 
which they figured prominently, in the form of a bracelet.  

Let me know...

Thanks,

Star

---

From: [email-masked] (Angelia Bate)
Date: 21 Jan 1995 00:33:18 GMT

In <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Starlette L. 

>which they figured prominently, in the form of a bracelet.  

Hi Star!
Garnet represents devotion, to yourself, to others, or to a goal. It 
awakens creativity and inspires love and passion. It attracts good luck 
and regenerates the body, protecting it from toxins, anemia, and 
disorder. It is a stone that brings balance.
Sweet dreams!!
Angelia

---

From: [email-masked] (peggy johnston)
Date: 25 Jan 1995 08:56:16 GMT

Re:>> garnets <<

thanks for posting that information!  I'd always wondered about my
birthstone.  Do you have any info on my zodiac stone--the amethyst?
I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!  .....Peggy........

---

From: [email-masked] (Angelia Bate)
Date: 26 Jan 1995 01:37:06 GMT

In <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (peggy 

>Thanks!  .....Peggy........

Hello again!
Re: Amethyst

Amethyst is a stone of metamorphosis. It is an ancient healer of all 
levels of mind, body and spirit. It is used for cleansing, purifying, 
and re-structurizing the body, as well as the mind, and spirit. Amethyst 
protects one against psychic attack. It transforms lower energies into 
higher. And has also been used to assist in healing arthritis, bones, 
and hearing problems. It activates the 6th chakra, and as you know, it 
is the birth stone of pisces.

Good luck!
Angelia

---

From: [email-masked] (Crone)
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 1995 23:17:19 GMT

Missed the original post, due to substantial absence, so I'll post 
rather than reply. 
garnet, according to old superstition, is used to ward off, among 
other things, attacks of the Night Hag. The Night Hag stories, a 
few contemporary psychologists comment, bear striking resemblence 
to recent "alien abduction" reports, suggesting that the phenomena
may be related. 
For exactly whatever it's worth to you, this may mean that garnet 
can help you ward off nighttime alien abductions. (Or whatever it 
is that's behind both types of trauma.) 
I have a friend, who is convinced she's an abductee (as they call 
themselves, "Experiencers") who wears a garnet bracelet to bed and 
hasn't had any further sleep interruption problems or night terrors, 
including nightmares themselves. (Which she used to, constantly.)
This little bit of FWIW may also help you interpret your dream. Or 
it easily may not. Your dreams are your own.

Walk in Balance.

With a mind open to all possibilities,
Crone