Subject: Gnostic Gem carving

From: [email-masked] (Paul Tapley)
Date: 23 Jan 1995 09:40:36 GMT

******* THIS IS NOT AN AD!******Just hoping to start a "thread"             
                        In America Online's Graphics section under the search
name ABRAXAS.GIF, I have uploaded an enlarged picture of a Gnostic Gem showing 
the symbol Abraxas carved in Heliotrope(Bloodstone) set in 14kt. gold and
Sterling Silver. It is thought to be an original(1st Cent.A D to 1500's)
Gnostic carving and is shown on page 126 of "The Curious Lore of Prescious
Stones" by F.Kunz.     The image is cut "Intaglio" meaning cut into the stone
like a seal for sealing wax.      The stone was left to me when I was 17 by my 
Father who was a lifelong collector of artifacts and antiquities and I have
had it for 30 years.    I am a Jewelry Designer/Gemcutter and set the stone
myself in this pendant about 10 years ago.     To celebrate my 25th year as a
Jeweler(1995) I have made a mold of the stone in the pendant and I am making a 
limited edition of 50-14KT.Gold and 100-Sterling Silver reproductions of the
stone and pendant. And will  have a picture of #1(Artists Copy) which is in
22+KT. Online in this same section soon.     Anyone with interest or
information about Abraxas or the Gnostics or Gem carving please contact
[email-masked]      or [email-masked]             Thanx and Enjoy!
----Paul S. Tapley                                                             
                                       "A rock IS a hard place"