Subject: Amber

From: [email-masked] (Rae Sullivan)
Date: 27 Sep 1994 17:13:34 GMT

I am looking for information regarding Amber.  What
folklore is associated with this stone - good/bad.
Would the intensity of the stone change with lack
of impurities (insects, etc) trapped within it,
as opposed to a clear stone.  Thanks for any
information.

---

From: [email-masked] (Pete Levinthal)
Date: 27 Sep 1994 18:39:33 -0500

In article <[email-masked]>,
>as opposed to a clear stone.  Thanks for any

Amber - ranges in color from pale yellow to orange or dark brown.  It is
composed of fossilized resins from prehistoric pine trees.  It eases stress,
improves memory, overcomes depression and helps the body to heal itself.

Data transcribed from leaflet purchased at Marie Laveau's House of Voodoo 
  in New Orleans (Rue Bourbon).

I hope that this helps.  Anyone know of a gemstone server with all of this
data on-line?

Agur...

Pete

---

From: [email-masked] (Susan Profit)
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 1994 19:08:34 GMT

>as opposed to a clear stone.  Thanks for any

Hi. Amber and jet both have two characteristics in common. They, when
rubbed with wool, silk or cotton build up a static charge that attracts
dust. Traditionally, in some religious groups in ancient Greece, the
necklace worn by the High Priest or High Priestess was made of
alternating amber and jet beads because of this ability supposedly being
proof of the high energy inherent in the stones.
Both Jet (a gem formed from the original coal, but not yet a diamond)
and Amber (a gem formed from the resin of certain sap prodoucing trees)
are vegetative in origin.
 @}->- :) Tinne Laughter Heals :D -<-{@