Subject: Amethyst Lore

From: [email-masked] (Juggler)
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 1994 18:33:49 GMT

Amethyst has been credited for a range of properties and effects,
rangeing from dream assistence (prophetic and peaceful dreams); for protection;
to enhance psychic awareness; to relieve headaches; enhance clear thinking;
to attract a lover; to clear the skin; to bring success to business; and lots
more including the sobriaty aspect mentioned in an earlier post.

	But what do you all use it for in your lives?  Personally, I have
become addicted to Amythist to keep me calm.  More specifically, I find that 
when I'm irritable or bitchy, Amythyst very quickly stifles those feelings
and chills me out.  So, of all the lore regarding Amythyst I find the calming
aspects to ring true.  

...any thoughts?

May the winds blow wonder into your lives
--Jane
-- 
Jon Sherred OR Jane Franchi				Camomile Moon, CA

---

From: [email-masked] (Sri Palindrome.151)
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 1994 02:01:40 GMT

Juggler ([email-masked]) wrote:

: 	But what do you all use it for in your lives?  Personally, I have
: become addicted to Amythist to keep me calm.  More specifically, I find that 
: when I'm irritable or bitchy, Amythyst very quickly stifles those feelings
: and chills me out.  So, of all the lore regarding Amythyst I find the calming
: aspects to ring true.  

I use it as a very nice purple decorative stone.  I've got about a ton of 
the stuff, and I've never found it to calm me, excite me, keep m,e from 
getting drunk, or anything else than look very nice in the form of a 
large geode next to the fireplace.

******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ********
Sri Palindrome.151    ||||||||||||||||    Sporkin' along...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"He's dead, Jim."
"He's not dead!  He's just pining for the fnords!"
******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** ********