Subject: Re: Gemstone Magick

From: [email-masked] (William S. Rowell)
Date: 22 Feb 1994 04:28:59 GMT

[email-masked] wrote:

: Fellow witches and non-Pagan friends:

: Would you suggest the use of a geode or moonstone or hematite...or something
: else in the following situation - 

: My wife and I are planning to work on the conception of our first child in just
: two weeks.  We want it done in a somewhat magickal setting.  Candles of proper
: colors are to be arranged; incense; prefered magickal items, etc.

: Can anyone make good suggestions on what stones are appropriate for the event?

I don't think you should reproduce.

Cordially,
Seth
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 22 Feb 94 02:28:07 GMT

Fellow witches and non-Pagan friends:

Would you suggest the use of a geode or moonstone or hematite...or something
else in the following situation - 

My wife and I are planning to work on the conception of our first child in just
two weeks.  We want it done in a somewhat magickal setting.  Candles of proper
colors are to be arranged; incense; prefered magickal items, etc.

Can anyone make good suggestions on what stones are appropriate for the event?

Please post here to get this newsgroup up and flying.

Blessed be-

-- 
---
L. Devereaux aka Morgan le Fay       Email: [email-masked]
                    We are the spiders; we are the thread
                    We are the witches back from the dead.

---

From: okunewck@pds16 (Phil OKunewick)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 1994 18:11:38 GMT

[email-masked] writes:
>
>My wife and I are planning to work on the conception of our first
>child in just two weeks.  We want it done in a somewhat magickal
>setting...
>

Sure.  Birthstones.

-- 
Today is the car of the rest of your life.
Tomorrow is the cadr of the rest of your life.

---

From: [email-masked] (Jay D. Morris)
Date: 22 Feb 1994 20:27:19 GMT

>Please post here to get this newsgroup up and flying.

Dear fellow Calvinists,

Perhaps careful mapping of your wife's menstrual cycle and having 
sex when she is most fertile will give you more results.
However, candles can be romantic and I am do not mind
incense, except for sandlewood which smells like someone has been
burning cork.  I don't know what you want  geode, moonstone, or
hematite to do. Unless your wife is a geologist and you are plying
her with a gift.     

Jay
Eli from Hell

---

From: [email-masked] (Rev William G. Hartwell)
Date: 23 Feb 1994 04:13:38 GMT

>colors are to be arranged; incense; prefered magickal items, etc.

I would suggest a moonstone, for sure.  Beyond that, I'd add stones as
needed to represent the qualities you are trying to give the child....of
course, you'll probably want to consider the planetary times as well, when
determining the stones used. 

-Rev. Bill Hartwell, Hm Ntrw, Wab Anpw

--
   The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the University of
     North Carolina at Chapel Hill, the Campus Office for Information
        technology, or the Experimental Bulletin Board Service.
           internet:  laUNChpad.unc.edu or 152.2.22.80

---

From: [email-masked] ()
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 1994 12:56:04 GMT

Morgan,

First off, no particular colour of candels need be.  Try to find/chose 
the ones that come to you and your lady.  As for incense, try to set the 
right smell by pleasent odor.  Once some smells are lit, they stink!

But mostly, I do not know how much you and your lady have in experince, 
try to be simple.  Do not spend large amounts of money needlessly.

Since the event will be in June, let the ceremony be on the rising Moon.  
To let the joy and good blessing enter in as the Moon rises in her path.

As for any specific blessing and/or ceremony, I'll gather information and 
post it here later.  I too would like to see this section gather energy 
and strength.

Beannachd Leat,

Dragon

---

From: [email-masked] (William S. Rowell)
Date: 23 Feb 1994 05:39:22 GMT

Glenn R. Stone ([email-masked]) wrote:
: In <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (William S. Rowell) writes:

: >I don't think you should reproduce.

: Well, ain't that a fine how-dee-doo?

: It is no one's final choice other than the participants as to whether they
: will or will not.  After all, it's their karma.  It's none of your (or my)
: damned business what they do with their bodies, as long as the consequences
: thereof are seen to by themselves.  

Jesus... lighten up... I didn't know Wiccans got their feelings hurt so 
easily!

---

From: [email-masked] (Glenn R. Stone)
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 1994 00:47:47 GMT

>I don't think you should reproduce.

Well, ain't that a fine how-dee-doo?

It is no one's final choice other than the participants as to whether they
will or will not.  After all, it's their karma.  It's none of your (or my)
damned business what they do with their bodies, as long as the consequences
thereof are seen to by themselves.  

Now, to answer the question.... 

Intent is more important than anything.  Also, take into account astrology
as well as crystalline entities in your doings.... conceived within the next
two weeks, a newborn will have Sagitarius, fire of water, for a sun sign.
You can choose to reinforce this, or to balance it.... for a highly volatile
(and often stubborn, despite its lack of earth) sign like Saggy, I would
probably choose to balance it; it will also make the child easier to raise
(though as long as a fire sign knows in no uncertain terms exactly what is
expected, things go much easier.... I know, I live with two of them.)
You'll want earths and airs; things in greens and yellows or golds.
Malachite, onyx, emerald, yellow topaz..... a forest scent.  Geode I think
will work, but hematite absorbs energy and will work contrary to your
purpose.  And, as always, YMMV :)

/!\ taliesin 
"all acts of pleasure... are my rituals" -- Charge