Subject: Innitiation Opportunities?

From: [email-masked] (Robert Steinhaus)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 1994 01:24:57 GMT

I am seeking an opportunity for initiation from Master Ching Hai Wu. I
have filled out application forms for initiation with local representatives
in San Jose, Ca. I have observed the vegitarian diet for 10 years. I am
willing to travel to take advantage of an initiation opportunity. I would be
grateful if any of the practitioners on the net might advise me of the next
chance they know of for receiving initiation.
				Sincerely,
				Bob Steinhaus

---

From: Shing-Te Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 1994 10:51:47 -0400

Excerpts from netnews.alt.meditation.quanyin: 11-Jul-94 Innitiation
Opportunities? by Robert Steinhaus@netcom. 
> chance they know of for receiving initiation.

Hi, Bob :

As far as I know, there was an initiation held in San Jose area on July
3th. (I don't usually know where would be an initiation, just a friend
got initiated there and sent me an e-mail about this.) Maybe Master is
still in San Jose, so you might get even a chance to see her. I think
the local contact person in San Jose should have more information than
me.

Master travels a lot, especially recently because of the urgent
situation of refugee issue. So on the one hand, whenever we see Master,
we'll never know when and where we'll see her again; on the other hand,
she may appear in your neighborhood anytime.

>From my own experience, whenever you are ready, initiation will come to
you. This also holds true for several friends I know. So be ready and
good luck.

Best wishes,
Shing-Te

---

From: Daniel Rene Richards <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 1994 16:49:10 -0400

Yesterday there was an initiation following a one-day retreat as the
Seattle center. Initiates from Vancouver, Portland, and Oregon were
present. About ten spiritual seekers were initiated (four were born in
America, the rest were Chinese and Vietnamese). The nun Tong Su (please
forgive my misspelling) and two translators ran the initiation. I
believe the nun is destined for Portland next, although I do not know if
an initiation will be held there.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 1994 21:31:04 GMT

hello,
  I was just browsing around when I found this newsgroup, I am very interested
in meditation, can anybody guide me in the right direction?

Thanks,
D.P.

---

From: Shing-Te Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 1994 11:39:09 -0400

Excerpts from netnews.alt.meditation.quanyin: 11-Jul-94 Re: Innitiation
Opportunities? by [email-masked] 
> in meditation, can anybody guide me in the right direction?

Hi, D.P.

You can read the lecture "Let Peace Begin With Us" posted to this
newsgroup a while ago, then you'll find a brief description of the
meditation which we called "convenient method". You can follow the
direction in the lecture to practice it for a while to see if you like
it or if you get some benefit out of it.

In the long run, I suggest you find a meditation master to guide you if
you are really interested in the meditation business. Just find someone
you can trust and feel affinity to. There are a lot of meditation
masters around, you should be able to find one easily.

Best wishes,
Shing-Te