Subject: Welcome to misc.health.alternative! (periodic posting)
From: [email-masked] (Peter Kaminski)
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1992 22:40:09 GMT
Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative

Hello, and thanks for joining us!

CHARTER
-------

misc.health.alternative is a newsgroup for general non-technical
discussion (pro *and* con) of health care and therapies which are
alternative, complementary, or not commonly accepted by Western
scientific medicine.

Appropriate topics include (but are not limited to): acupuncture,
Alexander technique, alternative cancer therapies, aromatherapy,
ayurveda, chiropractic, color therapy, healing, herbalism, holistic
dentistry, holistic medicine, homeopathy, hypnosis, iridology,
macrobiotics, meditation, megavitamin therapy, midwifery, naturopathy,
natural vision improvement (Bates method, etc.), osteopathy,
radiesthesia, reflexology, shiatsu and do-in, traditional medicine
(Arab, Chinese, Native American, etc.), and yoga.

Flames, name-calling, and abusive behavior in general (from either
side) are not welcome, but constructive criticisms and arguments are
encouraged, with the caveat that misc.health.alternative is to be a
generally non-technical consumer level discussion group.

FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
---------------------------------

As this is a newly created newsgroup, there aren't any FAQ postings
yet.  I'll be coordinating the FAQ lists, though -- just send me mail
at <[email-masked]> or <[email-masked]>.

IMPORTANT NOTICES -- READ THESE
-------------------------------

Reading messages on misc.health.alternative cannot substitute for
seeing your doctor.  If you are ill, or concerned about a medical
problem, go to a doctor or other qualified, licensed health care
practitioner.

Usenet is NOT an appropriate medium to diagnose, prescribe for, or
treat any medical condition.  misc.health.alternative is a forum for
general discussion of alternative health care.  NOTHING POSTED TO
MISC.HEALTH.ALTERNATIVE SHOULD EVER BE CONSTRUED AS PROFESSIONAL
MEDICAL ADVICE INTENDED FOR PARTICULAR INDIVIDUALS.  NO DOCTOR-PATIENT
RELATIONSHIP, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, SHALL BE CONVEYED BY MESSAGES IN
THIS NEWSGROUP.

Remember that anyone can post anything to Usenet.  Messages are NOT
checked or verified for accuracy or validity by anyone before being
automatically distributed to readers.

Before taking any action because of a message posted to Usenet, verify
the information in it with a reliable source, such as your health care
professional.

When you post to misc.health.alternative, remember that you are fully
responsible for the content of your messages.  Post responsibly.

Messages which are specifically disallowed in misc.health.alternative:
commercial or for-profit messages; announcements of professional
products or services (even if they are allowed elsewhere on Usenet);
diagnoses, prescriptions or treatments for a specific individual; and
fraudulent or illegal messages.

May happiness and health be with you!

-- 
Peter Kaminski
[email-masked]
[email-masked]