Subject: ADMINISTRIVIA: Welcome to rec.food.veg.cooking

From: RFVC Moderators <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 1994 00:42:12 GMT

Welcome to rec.food.veg.cooking.

This posting is to serve as an introduction to the group and intended
to test the propagation of the new group. 

			-=-=-=-=-=-

Newsgroups line:
rec.food.veg.cooking	Vegetarian recipes, cooking, nutrition (moderated).

Charter:
Discussion of matters related to the procurement, preparation, cooking,
nutritional value and eating of vegetarian foods.  It will be a
depository for vegetarian recipes which may be cross-posted to other
groups interested in receiving vegetarian recipes.  Recipes will be
archived for easy access and they will be classified by the use of
keywords for easy identification (vegan, ovo, lacto, ovo-lacto). 
Identification of recipes as very low-fat (VLF) and low-fat (LF) will
be done, plus any other keywords the moderators feel will be useful. 

Rationale: The vegetarian diet is becoming more widely known as both  
therapeutic (treatment of existing disease such as heart disease) and 
preventative (healthier diet which may prevent certain diseases).  This 
newsgroup is intended to function as a general forum for vegetarians to 
post recipes and discuss vegetarian cooking in an environment that will 
encourage non-vegetarians to participate and learn about the vegetarian 
diet from a cooking and nutritional perspective.

The existence of this newsgroup does not imply restrictions of any sort
on the content or scope of any other existing newsgroup.  This newsgroup
may serve as a conduit to rec.food.veg, where all aspects of the
vegetarian diet can be fully explored.  This can be accomplished through
the posting of FAQ's which point to rec.food.veg and fully explain all
the areas covered there. 

			-=-=-=-=-=-

A note on the submission addresses:

Recipe Submissions:  MAIL to     [email-masked] (preferably)
General Submissions: POST on     rec.food.veg.cooking or
                     MAIL to     [email-masked]
All Moderators:      MAIL to     [email-masked]