Subject: Homeopathic resources
From: [email-masked] (Peter Kaminski)
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1992 06:41:18 GMT
Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative

Here's a quick homeopathic resource list I compiled a while ago --
I think it's still mostly relevant.  -- Pete

Homeopathic Practitioners and Resources
---------------------------------------

For referrals to licensed health care professionals who provide homeopathic
care, call the National Center for Homeopathy at 703-548-7790 (or the other
organizations listed below with referrals).

To practice homeopathy legally in this country, one must be a licensed
health care practitioner (i.e., MD, osteopath, chiropractor, acupuncturist,
etc.).  That license, however, does not say anything about the
practitioner's abilities or affiliations as a homeopath.  There are a few
states that have homeopathic (or non-allopathic) licensing boards;
apparently there is also a board certification from one of the national
homeopathic organizations.

As with any health care professional, it is important to research your
choice of practitioner to determine his/her suitability to your case.  I
recommend at the least an interview and a request for references.  The NCH
has affiliated study groups; I've been told that contacting the local study
groups is a good way to check on the local practitioners.

The National Center for Homeopathy
801 N. Fairfax, Suite 306
Alexandria, VA  22314
703-548-7790
    Consumer information, referrals, convention, newsletter, books,
    medicine kits, affiliated study groups.

American Institute of Homeopathy
1500 Massachusetts Ave. N.W., Suite 42
Washington, DC  20005
    Conferences, journal, referrals.

Homeopathic Educational Services
2124 Kittredge St.
Berkeley, CA 94704
510-649-0294
510-649-0294 fax
800-359-9051 (orders only)
    Books, tapes, consumer information, medicine kits.

International Foundation for Homeopathy
2366 Eastlake E.
Seattle, WA  98102
206-324-8230
    Training, magazine, referrals.

Hahnemann Medical Clinic
1918 Bonita Ave.
Berkeley, CA 94704
510-524-3117
    Consultations, training.

_Everybody's Guide to Homeopathic Medicines_
by Stephen Cummings and Dana Ullman
Los Angeles: Jeremy P. Tarcher, Inc. 1984
ISBN 0-87477-324-5
    This book covers homeopathic history, principles, and practial
    methodology, home care measures and appropriate homeopathic medicines
    for a wide variety of acute conditions (with summaries of warning signs
    for conditions that require professional care), and a _materia medica_
    (a list of homeopathic medicines and the symptoms for which they are
    indicated) for the most commonly used medicines.

"Homeopathy: A Special Report"
by Richard Leviton
_Yoga Journal_ 85 (March/April 1989): 42-51
    This is a comprehensive article on the history, methodology, and the
    current and future states of homeopathy and its position as a health
    care alternative.

Disclaimer: This is not medical or homeopathic advice.