Subject: Psychology & Support Groups Newsgroup Pointer

From: John M. Grohol <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 1994 02:17:04 GMT

Archive-Name: finding-groups/psychology-and-support
Posting-Frequency: every 2 weeks
Last-Modified: 1994/10/01
Version: 1.5

________________________________________________________________________
Psychology &                                          By: John M. Grohol
Support Groups Newsgroup Pointer                 
 
This Pointer will help you find the information you need and get your
questions answered much quicker than if you were to simply crosspost to
every psychology or support newsgroup in existence. It is provided as
a public service. Post your article in the most appropriate newsgroup
according to its topic.

  * Not all sites carry all the below listed alt.* newsgroups.
  * If your site does not carry a particular alt newsgroup, please
  * contact your own News administrator and request that they
  * begin carrying that specific group.

  * Because of software posting limitations, this article may
  * appear more than once. My apologies for this inconvenience.

Comments & suggestions for additions are always welcome!

Question on...                               Post to...
-------------------------------------------  ----------------------------
Perception, memory, judgment & reasoning     sci.cognitive
Medicine & related products & regulations    sci.med
AIDS and the HIV virus                       sci.med.aids (m)
Nutrition & diet                             sci.med.nutrition
Dialog & news in psychiatry & psychobiology  sci.med.psychobiology
General psychology                           sci.psychology
Research issues in psychology                sci.psychology.research (m)
Diabetes, hypoglycaemia                      misc.health.diabetes
-------------------------------------------  ----------------------------
General help with psychological problems     alt.psychology.help
Personality taxonomies/assessment/models     alt.psychology.personality
-------------------------------------------  ----------------------------
Recovering from all types of abuse           alt.abuse.recovery
Recovery for abuse offenders/perpetrators    alt.abuse.offender.recovery
General topics in recovery                   alt.recovery
Recovering from sexual addictions            alt.recovery.addiction.sexual
Codependency                                 alt.recovery.codependency
Recovering from the effects of religion      alt.recovery.religion
Recovering from sexual abuse                 alt.sexual.abuse.recovery
                                             alt.sexual.abuse.recovery.d
Alternate models of dealing with abuse       alt.abuse.transcendence
Moderated version:alt.sexual.abuse.recovery  alt.abuse-recovery (m)
-------------------------------------------  ---------------------------- 
Partners of childhood sexual abuse survivors alt.support.abuse-partners
Anxiety and panic disorders                  alt.support.anxiety-panic
Arthritis                                    alt.support.arthritis
Asthma                                       alt.support.asthma
Attention-deficit disorders                  alt.support.attn-deficit
Fat-acceptance with no dieting talk          alt.support.big-folks
Cancer                                       alt.support.cancer
Cerebral palsy                               alt.support.cerebral-palsy
Crohn's disease & ulcerative colitis         alt.support.crohns-colitis
Depression & mood disorders                  alt.support.depression
Developmental delay                          alt.support.dev-delays
Parents & family of children with diabetes   alt.support.diabetes.kids
Dieting/losing weight/nutrition              alt.support.diet
Persons w/ dissociative disorders (eg.-MPD)  alt.support.dissociation
Divorce/marital breakups                     alt.support.divorce
Eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia, etc.)   alt.support.eating-disord
Epilepsy                                     alt.support.epilepsy
Disorders of migraine and headache ailments  alt.support.headaches.migraine
Learning disabilities (eg.-dyslexia, etc.)   alt.support.learning-disab
Loneliness                                   alt.support.loneliness
Multiple sclerosis                           alt.support.mult-sclerosis
Effects of second-hand smoke                 alt.support.non-smokers
Obesity                                      alt.support.obesity (m)
Individuals with prostatitis                 alt.support.prostate.prostatitis
Issues of interest to short people           alt.support.short
Shyness                                      alt.support.shyness
Spina-bifida                                 alt.support.spina-bifida
Help being a step-parent                     alt.support.step-parents
Stopping or quitting smoking                 alt.support.stop-smoking
Stuttering & other speaking difficulties     alt.support.stuttering
Issues of interest to tall people            alt.support.tall
Tinnitus/ringing ears/other head noises      alt.support.tinnitus
Transgendered & intersexed persons           soc.support.transgendered
                                             alt.transgendered
Other support topics & questions             alt.support
-------------------------------------------  --------------------------
Causes & treatment of infertility            alt.infertility
People far from average height               alt.sigma2.height
Causes & treatment of allergies              alt.med.allergy
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)               alt.med.cfs
-------------------------------------------  --------------------------
(m) = Moderated newsgroup

This Pointer is freely distributable to any other mailing list, newsgroup,
or network service provider as long as it remains fully intact.
Copyright retained by author.
 
Send comments/questions/suggestions regarding this newsgroup Pointer
to John M. Grohol ([email-masked]).
-- 
 John M. Grohol                     Co-moderator sci.psychology.research
 Center for Psychological Studies, Nova Southeastern University, Florida 
 Dutchess County Department of Mental Hygiene,  Poughkeepsie,   New York
 [email-masked]                   [email-masked]