Subject: Re: Herbs for alcoholism?

From: [email-masked] (Daniel Liebster)
Date: 20 Jan 1995 15:07:22 GMT

There is a highly effective(by currrent standards any ways) nutritional
aproach to alchoholism by a company called Bio-Recovery.
Their approach is that alcoholism is a physiological disorder, caused
mainly by the chemical damage and unbalancing ethanol does to the brain
in large and or continual doses. There is much intresting reading in
their book "Seven Weeks to Sobriety".

The high relapse rate is ascribed to the fact that heavy drinking
leaves persiting damage in the brain, thyroid, liver that
can be repaired through supplements such as GLA, amino acids,vitamin C
minerals, etc. The book is well referenced, and makes a lot of sense.
You can loose the urge for drink in a mater of two or three days.
The down side is that it seems you are taking capsuls most of the day.
After ten years of studying this method at their own clinic, Bio-Recovery
has observed ~3 times the sucess rate of programs such as AA.
One can gets a bit of insight into the driving force behind this company
to learn that the founder's son commited suicide years ago after
conventional treatment. This subject has been her mission ever since.

Disclaimer: I have no financial intrest in this company,
I give the number as a very satisfied customer.

Biorecovery: 1.800.24SOBER

dan

---

	Belts?Belts??? We don't need no stinkin' belts!

Dan Liebster  Bellcore  [email-masked]  201.829.4797