Subject: RE: heating cooking oil causes cancer

From: Argall Family <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 11:25:30 +1000

[ The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set. ]
    [ Your display is set for the "US-ASCII" character set.  ]
    [ Some characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]

I think a clear distinction needs to me made between saturated and
unsaturated oils. The term 'unsaturated' refers to the availability of
carbon atoms in the molecule for oxidation, hence rancidification at room
temperature, not to mention body temperature. This is an issue in which
sense seems to have been defeated by marketing science, and the Heart
Foundations have bought the wrong end of the issue entirely, in my view.

 The processes by which we make steroidal hormones require conversion of
cholesterol (from saturated oils, or made by the body if it doesn't think
you have enough cholesterol), as the making of energy packages [ATP]
requires oxygen and sugar; all these happen in the mitochondria in electron
transfer processes. Free radicals are 'active oxygen forms' [AOF] or
'reactive oxygen species' [ROS] produced in such processes. In the
healthiest people, mitochondrial respiration is still only 80% efficient,
meaning an abundance of free radicals. The major antioxidants (to prevent
damage from the free radicals) are carbon dioxide and vitamins A, B, C and
E. The major rogue substances, keen to combine with the ROS are unsaturated
oils.

A critical factor is that the oxidation of the unsaturated oils creates a
circumstance diminishing respiration and steroidogenesis generally. This has
many debilitating effects, of which cancer is only one prospect.
Essentially, a biological stress occurs, precipitating problems for the
immune, nervous and reproductive systems. Precise disease consequences will
vary from person to person. Medicine then tends to rattle off chasing the
symptom trail, just as agricultural research chases the bugs and not the
nutritional derangement of plants in rotten soil with their respiratory
capacities choked variously.

Unsaturated oils are not the only problem, but especial problems arise from
their lauding by the medical establishment. Marketing of plant oils for food
arose when they lost their place as paint thinners, let us hope that a
market for their consumption by cars arises soon.

Piggies in Wisconsin winter will have more unsaturated fat near their skins
than deeper. Hot piggies in the Philippines will carry very little
unsaturated oil. Pigs force fed grains will have more unsaturated fat on
them (you can't buy really hard lard any more) put on watery weight more
quickly than pastured, varied diet healthy pigs, make more watery money for
the producer, cause more nutritionists to foam at the mouth about fats.
Unsaturated grain oils, designed in nature mainly to stop seed freezing on
the ground in cold climates in winter, aren't ideal in warm bloods.

There is quite a lot of scientific evidence, but it's awkward for important
people's careers that rare founded on ill founded conventional beliefs.

Start with White Handler Smith, Principles of  Biochemistry, chapter on
steroids.
Medline search on CO2+AOF, CO2+ROS may be of interest.
Also see Ray Peat's papers on unsaturated oils and coconut oil at
http://www.efn.org/~raypeat/
Read some of the apoptosis literature. Search for 'apoptosis +mitochondria'.
If your mitochondria are sick, unable to perform [as, among other things,
with problems with unsaturates] then apoptosis will not be efficient and
cancer opportunities may arise. But remember that apoptosis is theory.
Question/hypothesis opportunity: if marijuana receptors accept one of three
things  - the false euphorics in dope, the natural euphoria producing
saturates, or the dysphoria producing unsaturates, is the heart industry
campaign for unsaturate use causing mass dysphoria and demand for drugs?

Dennis

To Unsubscribe:  Email [email-masked] with the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg".  If you receive the digest format, use the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg-digest".
To Subscribe to Digest: Email [email-masked] with the command
"subscribe sanet-mg-digest".

All messages to sanet-mg are archived at:
http://www.sare.org/san/htdocs/hypermail