Subject: Re: Facts: What's so great about Wheat Grass Juice?

From: "Tom L. Wallace" <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Mar 1995 23:42:25 GMT

ealth food store and plant them in steritlized potting soil (available at
> your local garden shop). The seeds will sprout in a few days. Harvest by
> cutting with scissors when it gets long enough to fall over under its own
> weight (mine took about two weeks to get to this point)
> -- 
> Still looking for a Clue

All good advice - My personal experience says that the 
"sterilized" part is unnessary expense - I grow mine on
not quite finished compost, which is about as un sterile as you
can get.  Also, the smaller it is when you harvest, the sweeter it will taste.
I personally harvest at 7" and just take what I am going to use
at that moment, so the last to harvest is about 10-12".
The 7" stuff is sweeter and more tender, but obviously you get
3" less yield.  It takes @7 days to get 7".  A little kelp in the 
soil will add trace elements and improve flavor.

Spread peace,

Tom

---

From: [email-masked] (John Jenkins)
Date: 31 Mar 1995 03:53:41 GMT

In <[email-masked]> Julie 
Dahmer <[email-masked]> writes: 

>
>I have a question:  will someone who has an allergy ("food 
sensitivity") 
>to wheat also react to wheat grass?  
>

Recently, I was inspired to begin sprouting in the kitchen using 
baskets.  This led me to an interest in wheatgrass.  My wife, who has a 
strong gluten allergy, did muscle testing to see if wheatgrass would be 
safe for her.  It has not caused problems.  Right now, due to the 
vagaries of time, we are both taking Green Magma, a dehydrated barley 
grass juice powder.  I sense a vitality about it that is pleasant to me, 
not quite the same as wheatgrass juice, but still very strong.

Steve Meyerowitz has written on sprouting and also has a little book 
titled "Wheatgrass, Nature's Finest Medicine," which may be of help to 
you.  It can usually be found in a health food store or cooperative.  
Also, some health juice bars will juice you up an ounce of wheat grass 
for a dollar or so.

Goodwill