Subject: --> Dragon's Blood (excerpt)
From: [email-masked] (Shadow Dancer)
Date: 5 Jul 94 01:07:52 PST

Ok.. This is reprinted w/o permission.  Apologies to S. Cunningham, as
the following information comes from _Cunningham's Encyclopedia of
Magical Herbs_.

Dragon's Blood (Daemonorops draco; Dracaena spp.)

Folk names: Blood, Blume, Calamus Draco, Draconis Resina, Sanguis
Draconis, Dragon's Blood Palm

Gender: Masculine
Planet: Mars
Element: Fire
Powers: Love, Protection, Exorcism, Potency

Magical Uses:
  This resin from a palm tree is burned to entice errant lovers to
return.  This is usually done by women seated near an open window,
looking outside, at night.

  A stick of dragon's blood placed under the pillow or mattress will
cure impotency.

  The dried resin is a powerful protectant when carried, sprinkled
around the house, or smouldered as incense.  It will also drive evil
and negativity away when burned.

  A pinch of dragon's blood added to other incenses increases their
potency and power.

  To quiet a noisy house, powder some dragon's blood, mix it with
sugar and salt, and place in a bottle.  Cover this tightly and secure
it somewhere in your house where it won't be found.  You'll have peace
and quiet.

That's all the entry says.  That's all I have on Dragon's Blood.
Blessed be.

 +-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 | An ye harm none -+- E(lf)mail: [email-masked] -+- Do as thou wilt. |
 +-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
===

Date: Tue, 05 Jul 94 11:58:45 EST
From: [email-masked]

Heilsa FireHeart!
What you are seeking my pet may be found at your local occult
herbalist.  DragonsBlood is simply a variant of bush sedum (herb
w/little medicinal but some magickal powers) and comes from the
reddish fuz dusting the berries of same. Look in the back of a
national pagan publication for occult herbalists if there are none
around you. Most will have this ingredient. I am myself an herbalist
and can tell you that most of the *DragonsBlood Oil* you will see in
occult shops is no more than artificially colored red oil with a very
light, almost floral fragarance added. I have sampled the so-called
DragonsBlood oil of quite a few different shops and the fragrance as
well as the depth of color of oil differs widely. If you wish to make
magickally effective DragonsBlood oil generally for use in empowering
objects/spells/people you can grind fine the block of DragonsBlood
resin you will get from occult shops and immerse it in any responsive
massage oil; say a 50%/50% mix of jojoba and apricot; and leave to
macerate for a few weeks, SWIRLING (not shaking;shaking introduces
oxygen which will make oils go rancid...) the oil vigorously every few
days. Strain and bottle the resultant oil which will be nice and
deeply red. ^Flavor^ as you wish either with essential oils suited to
your goal or a fragrance that means *power* to you such as
cinnamon,spruce and cypress mixed as one of many examples. Good luck
dear; Blessed Beets!

 Auntie M.