Subject: Re: herbs--now that I'm gorwing my own
From: [email-masked] (lewis johnson)
Date: 17 May 94 00:48:38 GMT

Woaaa, I follow this group mostly as a lurker, but here is a topic
with which I can offer accurate and correct information.

Herbs are to be dried in the dark in a dry and well ventilated
area. We hang ours in the barn under a ceiling to keep the bird doo
off. In a pre-farm existance I also hung them in the hot water tank
room. It was nice and dark and warm.  Drying in the sun alters the
color and properties. You can hang your herb bunches off of a line
strung wall to wall. We use those folding panthose hangers from
*mart. You can fit 20 bunches on a hanger and hang the rack from a
nail.

As for microwaves....too much work to me. You are limited to the
amount and have to watch them closely. As for effect...microwaves are
electromagnetic waves, same as much of the composition of sunlight,
just more focosed.

From the Black Swamp Herb Farm
Blessed Be:

Lewis Johnson
-- 
Lewis Johnson
Bowling Green State University / Bowling Green / Ohio / 43403 / USA
[email-masked]