Subject: FORMULAS YOUVE BEEN WAITING FOR

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 1995 22:18:16 -0500

hi everyone!

here is the information you asked for.

last year, many netters sent thank you notes after i posted a couple of
difficult-to- find aromatherapy formulas as complementary techniques for
taking care of the most current troubles one gets at that time of year. 
i was kinda surprised because most of the stuff was quite specialized since
it was based upon ceos, chemotypic essential oils. so i promised ill do a
more thorough job next year - thats now. 
since i didnt keep everyones email, i just post it here for all to download.
it took a lot of time to put the all thing together! so if you like this
post, please try to snail mail some support cash or check for what you feel
its worth. address is at the end. 
ive been using these ceos formulas for about two decades. some ceos have been
made available only recently to worlwide markets and ive added them in my
formulas. i checked this information against the experience of veteran
herbalits and naturopaths i know from europe, asia, and the us. as i
understand, european natural folks legal status seems more mainstream than
here. you already know that in germany for instance, naturopaths have been
granted licencing about half a century ago. the reasonning those days, ive
been told, went something like this: >people in good health do not bother
anyone with negative behavior; above all, they want to keep the peace and
dont create ground for another world war; since only a small percentage of
modern medicine procedures has been proven to work, lets see what more
traditional, natural procedures have to offer<.
in our country, fortunately enough, our hopes are higher and higher:
according to herbalgram (the journal of the american botanical council and
the herb research foundation, pob 201660, austin tx 78720), >sales of herbal
supplements rose 70 percent in supermarkets alone in 1993 and were the second
fastest growing category in dollar sales for food and drugstores combined<.
feel free to share this post with friends and familly, and everybody you
love. law in our country being what it is at the time i write this, youll
want to make sure everybodys aware of the disclaimer at the end. if you wish
to alter anything in this post, please say so clearly and mention who you are
for further references. (ive been told to add all this last part you just
read. sorry!  :-D   )

CHEMOTYPIC ESSENTIAL OILS FORMULAS:

ANGINA
tongue: melaleuca alternifolia + mentha piperita + thymus thujanoliferum +
thymus thymoliferum. up to four times an hour.
respiratory: thymus thymoliferum + thymus linaloliferum. as needed.

BRONCHITIS
mouth: cinnamomum verum + hyssopus var decumbens + rosmarinus officinalis
verbenoniferum + honey.
skin: anathum graveolens + eucalyptus globulus + eucalyptus div piperitol +
inula graveolens + melaleuca quinquenervia + rosmarinus officinalis
verbenoniferum +  cured organic sesame oil. up to three massages a day on
upper body, up to two weeks. 
respiratory: eucalyptus globulus + eucalyptus radiata. five minutes, four
times a day, up to a week.

BRONCHITIS INFANTS FORMULA
skin: eucalyptus radiata + lavandula latifolia cineolifera + cured organic
sesame oil.
respiratory: eucalyptus smithii + eucalyptus radiata + lavandula latifolia
cineolifera. 

COUGH
tongue: melaleuca cajeputii
skin: artemisia dracunculus + cupressus sempervirens + origanum majorana +
thymus thujanoliferum + cured organic sesame oil. up to five massages a day
on upper body and throat. up to a week.

DEBILITY
skin: pinus sylvestris + picea mariana + cured organic sesame oil. massage
the back in the morning. one week.
 
FLU
tongue: melaleuca cajeputii
skin: eucalyptus radiata + ravensara aromatica + cured organic sesame oil.
general gentle massage. as long as necessary.

INSOMNIA
skin: citrus reticulata + lavandula angustifolia + ravensara aromatica +
valeriana willichii + cured organic sesame oil. general body massage
especially feet before retiring.

OTITIS
tongue: thymus linaloliferum + thymus thujanoliferum + honey.
skin: lavendula latifolia cineolifera + thymus linaloliferum + cured organic
sesame oil. gentle massage all around the ears on skull, up to four times a
day, up to a week.
ears: eucalyptus radiata + lavandula stoechas. one drop of each on a qtip and
gently apply in ear to clean it. use separate qtips for each ear. then one
drop on a piece of cotton and leave it in the ear. up to three times a day.
up to a week. *please remember inner ear is very delicate: this formula is
possibly the only one thats permissible inside the meatus* 

STRESS
tongue: citrus reticula + lippia citriodora + origanum majorana.
skin: angelica archangelica + citrus reticulata + lippia citriodora +
origanum majorana + rosa rubiginosa + thymus thujanoliferum + cured organic
sesame oil. general body massage. as needed.

GENERAL GRAND REMINDER

start with a small quantity first. 
TONGUE: you put one to two drops on a clean finger, you activate the saliva
in your mouth, you put the finger on your tongue, you suck the oil, mix it
well with saliva, and you swallow.
MOUTH: you mix one drop of oil with one teaspoon of honey, and you eat the
mixture.
all formulas for tongue can also be used in mouth with honey.
RESPIRATORY: for most folks, the new generation of small electric diffusers
that has been created just for that purpose works best. it also ionizes the
oils, which may enhance the effects according to some sources. with most
essential oils, you cannot see the very fine mist you get because its thiner
than tobacco smoke!
SKIN: you apply as many drops you feel comfortable with. stay out of the sun
the next couple hours if you know your skin can react.
HONEY: be sure it has not be heated (as a golden rule: never heat or cook
honey, as it produces poisons in the body). 
SESAME OIL: cure the oil before use, and remember sesame oil is flammable, so
keep children away when you do that. cured oil can be store for six months.
if youve not use all your cured oil by that time, just cure again. make sure
its *certified organic*. apply warm oil.
CONTRA-INDICATION: people with respiratory allergies, such as asthma, should
not use the RESPIRATORY complementary technique: do not use diffusers if your
in this category. also, if you know your skin could react strongly, take
appropriate measures.
COMMON SENSE: start with a small quantity first. never put essential oils in
or close to your eyes. no oils in the ears. no oils on sex area and anus
area. keep your essential oils away from children. if you ingest a bigger
quantity of essential oils by accident, immediately follow with several
spoons of sunflower oil or olive oil (no water!) and use appropriate cares if
needed. do not use menta piperita with younger children.
LATIN NAMES: i give the name of ceos in latin. aromatherapy can be serious
business. and it can work wonders. among the classical examples: it may takes
several days of treatment with antibiotics if you have a cystitis; an
experimented practitioner may kill your problem in less than a day with
essential oils. but only the exact ceos will work as expected. for instance,
a particular type of eucalyptus is used for its mucolysis value, another one
for its expectoration value. so the name on the bottles may be the same but
the effects may be contradictory. you can often subtitute one oil for another
if you know how to interprate their chemical compounds constitution. imho
latin is the only way to be sure at this time. if your essential oils
provider is not up to the latin challenge, better find another one.
QUALITY OF ESSENTIAL OILS: many people quite beautifully discussed about it
in this newsgroup. here are some criteria i like most: 
the WHOLENESS of the herbs has to be present: it takes time and effort. some
companies may choose to distillate an herb on a shorter period of time, and
the full therapeutic effect may be missing in the final essential oil.
essential oils from the wild or at least CERTIFIED ORGANIC: its a
time-consuming process too. most often, a qualified harvester hand-picks in
the wild less than 20% of an herb from any harvesting area. this is necessary
to maintain the natural ecology of the land and the quality of the final
products.  
TRUE essential oils that truly are what it says in their names: some
companies reconstitute an oil by putting something else together. 'just the
natural ceo, mam'.

WHERE TO FIND WHAT YOU NEED

here are some mail order sources for ceos and aromatherapy stuff ive grown to
rely upon over the years:
amrita aromatherapy, email to [email-masked] 
phone to 515 472 9136, fax to 515 472 8672. 
aromatherapy seminars, phone to 310 838 6122, fax to 310 838 2812.
crmm laboratoire, 38 rue puccini, 31200 toulouse, france.  phone to:
international + 33 61 57 05 83, fax to: 33 61 57 44 98. 
if you happen to know of other reliable and comprehensive sources of ceos,
please share your informations. 
to gently and easily warm the sesame oil before massage, i use a bottle
warmer sold to warm baby's standard glass and plastic nurser bottles. if you
dont find any in your local stores: gerber products, 445 state st, fremont mi
49412. 
to warm and prepare the skin locally before applying ceos, i use hot air flow
from a hair dryer.

WHAT TO DO IF YOU FEEL YOU ARE IN SERIOUS TROUBLE

if you need informations fast about your illness and cannot do the research
yourself, youll want to get a customized file for a fee from one of the
reliable folks in this list. information brokers specializing in health care
may do a pretty darn good job for you and your health care providers. they
search medical and professional data resources worlwide online:
health info network, phone to1 800 743 6996, fax to 707 539 8234.
health resource, phone to 501 329 5272, fax to 501 329 8700.
med-cetera, phone to 1 800 748 6866, fax to 713 666 6891.
planetree health resource, phone to 415 923 3680.
not much to do with essential oils as far as i can tell at this time, but may
assist you to get the right kind of help. 

WHERE TO SEND YOUR SUPPORT FOR THIS POST

it took a lot of time to put the all thing together! so if you like this
post, please try to snail mail some support cash or check for what you feel
its worth.  
address is: pob 1904, fairfield ia 52556, usa.

DISCLAIMER

*this post about essential oils is an educational project. it is written by
an independent person for informational purposes only. nothing in there is
meant to replace the advice of a health care professional. it shouldnt be
considered as medical instruction. even though this work is based on reliable
sources, scientific or otherwise, nothing shall be construed as a claim or
representation for anything. use at your own risk only. this post wants to
encourage you to use all health information in supporting your
decision-making process*. 
please do not delete the *disclaimer* from this post.

THE END.