Subject: Making Herb Tea

From: [email-masked] (Jennifer Thayer)
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 1995 17:19:14 GMT

Hi Leesa,
   Basically you have the right idea. If you want a straight herbal tea
don't mix tea leaves in it. It should be made in a non-metallic
container, like glass or earthenware. you can use fresh or dry herbs,
if you use fresh you should first rub it between the palms of your hand
to bruise the herb. This helps to release its active ingrediants.
Powdered herb is usually not desired, as its rather gritty tasting.
start with fresh cold water, bring to a boil and pour directly on the
herbs in your cup or teapot. You can use a tea ball or they make little
reuseable cotton tea bags that cost about a quarter, available at any
health food store and a few grocery stores. Or you can leave it loose
and strain it afterwards. You should immediatly cover it, either with
a saucer on top of your cup or put the lid on the teapot. Leave it for
10 minutes or so. Sweeten with honey and enjoy. You didn't say why you
wanted Rosemary tea, but as a rule plain rosemary tea is not too tasty.
Try adding other herbs to the rosemary, such as lemongrass leaf,
chamomile, or spearmint leaf. Different herbs have different healing
properties. Learn about herbs that interest you or apply to your unique
situation. Try all sorts of different combinations. Its fun.