Subject: Re: herbs for healthy lungs?

From: [email-masked] (Elizabeth Toews)
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 95 19:01:58 -0800

In article <Pine.SUN.3.91.950321125806.24513A-100000@suntan>,
[email-masked] (Thomas Ross (CE)) writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.950321125806.24513A-100000@suntan>
> Posted: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 13:02:50 -0500
>
> Org.  : University of South Florida
>
>
>         Being a light smoker (1 or 2 cigs. per day) I am curious about
> any herbs that promote mucociliary actions or general lung health.  Of
> course quitting is my best alternative, but that fact doesn't curb my
> curiosity at this point.  Thanks for the input.
>                                                 Tom
>
> "And so my mind is slowly devoured by the ideas to which it
> subscribes....
> and in the end I'm left with nothing except the memory of believing my
> own lies." M. Gira
>      [email-masked]       Bzzzzzzt.....thanks for playing!
>

Hi Tom

LN
Ingredients:    Mullein, Indian Tobacco (a.k.a. Lobelia), Blessed Thistle,
                Yerba Santa, Gentian, Marshmallow
Historical Dosage:
                10 to 40 drops 3 times per day
Application:
        lungs-expectorate and repair
        smoker's lungs, damaged lungs

Best Health Wishes
--

Elizabeth Toews    Back To Nature Products
Ind. Distributor for Nature's Sunshine Products and Fine Herbs
email:  [email-masked]

---

From: Pietro Boiar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 95 21:51:35 -0500

dear Tom and Jennifer,
I recently read in the march or april edition of prevention
magazine that watercress has been proven to prevent the growth
of cancerous cells in lab rats due to tobacco smoke.  Whatever
is good for the rat surely can't hurt me!  I smoke (since we're
confessing), 1 to 3 cig's during a weekday, and maybe almost a
whole pack in a weekend.  If you want a better brand then Drum,
try 100% natural American Spirits, available only at privately
owned smoke shops.  Or call(800) 332-5595 or write to POB 1840,
Santa Fe, NM 87504.  Peace