Subject: Re: poison ivy

From: [email-masked] (Carlene Paquette)
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 1995 04:09:26 GMT

For a cure to poison ivy get a plant book to help you locate the plant
called Jewelweed.  This plant, found in boggy areas is Awesome at getting
rid of the stuff and aleviates the itch on contact.  Jewelweed is green
(what else is new) and grows to 3-4 ft. tall.  It commonly has small
orange flowers.  Once harvested split the stems of the plant down the long
axis and rub the inner sap and plant material on the poison ivy. 
(Basically, similar to aloe vera application)  The plant can also be
harvested in quantity if you keep it in a bucket of water.  (The ends of
the plant that is.)

Carlene

PS - Jewelweed also works for stinging nettles - it gets rid of the sting
on contact.

--
"I'm thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said...  
       'I drank what?'" - from "Real Genius"
Carlene Paquette - Now Employed Geographer at Large - Ottawa, Ontario

---

From: [email-masked] (Carlene Paquette)
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 1995 04:09:26 GMT

Carlene