Subject: Re: Growing Echinacea ie Purple Coneflower

From: Cathy LeFevre <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 Apr 1995 01:37:19 GMT

Hello, I am brand new to this news group.  My name is Cathy LeFevre and I   
live in southwestern Utah.  Specifically in Cedar City which, at   
approximately 5600 feet in altitude has a moderate climate unlike our   
near neighbor to the south, St. George which has a much warmer climate   
and much lower (about 2500 feet lower) altitude. 
 
This will be the second year I have grown purple coneflowers.  I have one   
raised bed that bloomed for me last year.  Last fall I planted two more   
beds, one each of pink and white coneflowers.  Since they are of the same   
family I am hoping that their medicinal values will be the same as the   
purple variety. 
 
I became interested in purple coneflowers through my brother.  He has   
studied herbs and their properties for many years.  I have made an   
extract from the root of the purple coneflower and have found it very   
effective in warding off illnesses. 
 
There are many books on herbs and their properties.  Some good, some a   
little less good.  I usually cross-reference at least three books while   
blending herbs for remedies.  Now that I have access to the vast   
information resource called the Internet, I will use that as a cross   
reference also.  I am pleased to find so much interest and information on   
herbs, herbal remedies, homepathic and holistic medicine.

---

From: Cathy LeFevre <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 Apr 1995 01:37:19 GMT