Subject: Re: POT

From: [email-masked] (broomstick)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 1995 06:20:47

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Bryce Burchett) writes:
>From: [email-masked] (Bryce Burchett)
>Subject: Re: POT
>Date: 24 Mar 1995 03:03:22 GMT

>Morphin Jo ([email-masked]) wrote:
>: It is useful it treating glacoma (spelling?).  It also treats other
>: diseases of the eye which I can't call to mind at present (short term
>: memory loss!). 

>I have also heard that it (pot) is good for pain and nausea relief for 
>cancer and aids patients. The is a drug for glacoma relief called 
>something like canasol. It is not available in the US, because cannibis 
>based medicine is illegal. You can't even do research on the stuff. Thank 
>anerican pharm...uh...drug compaines for that. As well as congress and 
>the Partnership for a Drug Free America.
>God bless America! 

>The irrational drug laws in this country need reform. We should a least 
>allow the medical use of pot. But that most definitely happen with the 
>new republican congress.

>-Bryce

Actually, while in the doctor's office recently I spotted a flyer on a new 
drug called "Marcinol" (I *think* that's how it was spelled) intended to 
improve appetite and weight gain in AIDS patients and reduce nausea from 
other drugs they may take.  This drug is THC in pill form.  So apparently you 
CAN get THC legally for medical treatment in this country.  Apprently, this 
drug was only recently approved.  Either that or the drug dealers are getting 
more slick in their advertising.

Of course, there are those that maintain it isn't JUST THC in pot that works 
the magic, but other ingrediants as well.  Nonetheless, it does seem to 
indicate SOME progress in using this drug for medicinal purposes.

=============================================================================
>---Broomstick---	| If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains,
			|       however improbable, must be the truth
=============================================================================