Subject: Re: Colon cleansing?

From: Cathy LeFevre <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Apr 1995 22:35:47 GMT

I did a herbal colon cleanse last fall for the first time.  I did not   
prepare the herbs, a friend did.  She was using herbs all her life.  Her   
mother was a midwife and herbalist. 
 
The colon cleanse preparation she made was very effective.  It does not   
cause diarrhea or bloating and is taken over a fairly long period of time   
(my treatment lasted about two months altogether). 
 
Some of the benefits I noticed were my fingernails grew like crazy, and   
were stronger than they have ever been.  I have always had difficulty   
keeping long fingernails, they always chip and break.  I can eat some   
foods that gave me difficulty before the cleansing without trouble now.    
I feel healthier. 
 
One drawback, and it may not even be related to the cleansing, is that I   
seem to be more sensitive to pollens this year.  I have been having more   
intense "hayfever" reactions this past week than is normal for me.  That   
may be more related to our unusually warm winter than to the herbal   
cleansing I did last fall. 
 
Even so, the benefits outweigh any drawbacks.  Just remember to drink at   
least 64 ounces of water a day.  It is the water as much as the herbs   
that help to keep your inner body clean. 
 
Cathy LeFevre

---

From: [email-masked] (Ska Queen)
Date: 20 Apr 1995 03:18:27 -0400

This is a little off the subject, but I recently did a 6 day juice fast
and found that my usually weak, dry & brittle fingernails also have grown
like crazy since the completion of that fast !

Ska Queen
....in Philadelphia