Subject: Re: Red Raspberry Leaves

From: [email-masked] (AIRD MELANIE DAWN)
Date: 11 Jan 1995 15:24:03 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (J Waldrup) writes:

>Raspberries.  I have been thinking of planting some and using the leaves 
>for tea during my pms.  I find that raspberry tea works well for me.
>	I am looking for advice as to which variety to red raspberry is 
>the best for "womens uses," or if all red raspberry leaves can be 
>considered the same.
>	If anyone can advise me on what kind of plant to plant, how best 
>to dry the leaves, etc. I would be very grateful.

me too!!  i have used raspberry leaves lately for pms, but i'm not sure 
exactly if i've got it right.  someone posted a thing here ages ago saying 
that there was a compound in the leaves that relaxes smooth muscles, and 
that the uterus is a smooth muscle.  is this so?

i have some friends who are really interested in finding out about this 
because they get cramps so bad its hard to make it to class.  
could someone send me some info on when to drink it, and how much, and what 
other things go well with it, and which don't.

for drying, i just picked the leaves from some of our bushes before the 
berries arrive, and put them in a paper bag (not a whole bunch together) 
with a few little holes in it, in a dark dry place.  

[email-masked]
thanx a million...