Subject: ?current info on Candida remedy?

From: [email-masked] (Max Borisoff)
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 1995 03:37:00 GMT

N:Path:
N:holonet!colossus.holonet.net!news.sprintlink.net!howland.reston.ans.net!a
N:From: [email-masked] (NAKAMURA TAMMIE K)
N:Newsgroups: alt.folklore.herbs
N:Subject: ?current info on Candida remedy?
N:Date: 7 Jan 1995 21:50:48 -0700
N:Organization: University of Colorado at Boulder
N:Lines: 12
N:Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
N:NNTP-Posting-Host: ucsu.colorado.edu
N:X-Newsreader: NN version 6.5.0 #12 (NOV)

N:Anybody have any useful information on treating a yeast sensitivity?  The
N:popular info seems pretty grim.....consume tons of nystatin or other anti-
N:fungal  drugs, and don't eat sugar(s), dairy, alcohol, vinegars, breads, and
N:th
N:gut) basically forever.......Ugh!

N:Do immune enhancing herbs (echinacia/goldenseal, etc) make a difference?

N:Thanks for the info

     You are right. Goldenseal - Hydrastasis canadensis; Ranunculaceae
   has been shown to be effective in vaginal yeast infections. Be aware
   that excessive use can weaken the flora of the colon.

     BEARBERRY LEAVES - Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi, has been also to be
   effective with candida.

    Then don't forget the humble garlic. Allicin of Allium sativum was
   found to be anti-viral, antibacterial, while being also antifungal
   against 9 pathogens including Candida albicans.

     If I were you I'd stuff myself with FRESH garlic FIRST and wait.
   Chronic yeast infections may take a couple of month of heavy garlic
   diet. But once they clear up, you can go onto a smaller amounts.

    But FRESH garlic - no extracts and deodorized versions - the
    flavenoids - the smelly stuff - plays an important role. One of
    back-country treatments for vaginal yeast infections in my country
    was douche with garlic-wine-vinegar preparation. My mother who was
    a PHD was quite taken aback when a 'country doctor' told he to take
    a quart of water and two cups of vinegar and bring it to boil, then
    mince a pound of fresh garlic drop it in. Take it off the fire and
    let it sit in a dark corner for three days, then strain it through
    cheese cloth. Use a cup of it per douche. This country doctor also
    insisted that enema - a quarts of salt water and a cup of garlic
    tea be taken at the same time.

     My mother said that it surprised her big-city doctor and her to
    see how fast her chronic yeast-infection went. And this was long
    before myosin and other fancy medicines.

     When my wife had her problems, and her doctor could not help, my
    mother told her about her remedy. ( Just in case you wanted to know
    how I learned it - not from my mother -- that's for sure..<grin>)
    but my wife.
                                     I pray that it helps you some,

                                        [email-masked]

---
 * QMPro 1.52 * + CHRIST'S CORNER + (213)938-6579 Where Jesus is God!

---

From: NewLife
Date: 11 Jan 1995 20:52:52 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (NAKAMURA TAMMIE K) writes:
>Anybody have any useful information on treating a yeast sensitivity?  The 
>popular info seems pretty grim.....consume tons of nystatin or other anti-
>fungal  drugs, and don't eat sugar(s), dairy, alcohol, vinegars, breads, and the host of other food sensitivity items (that have resulted from having a sick
>gut) basically forever.......Ugh!
>
>Do immune enhancing herbs (echinacia/goldenseal, etc) make a difference?
>
>Thanks for the info
>
You would benefit from reading the book "Candida-The Nutrition Connection"
By Dr. Bruce Miller.

Talks about the stuff you mentioned, but gives a better outlook when you 
are eating and supplementing properly.

**************************
                             (.)   (.)
                                /

[email-masked]             \__/                                                                                       
These comments are not the opinion of my employer, whatever that may be.
Also, they are simply a sharing of printed material, as well as
personal testimony. Not intended as prescription.