Subject: Re: pycnogenol (pine bark)

From: [email-masked] (liberty)
Date: 13 Jan 1995 07:27:18 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (D.Morris) says:
>
>Any information on pycnogenol (pine bark) would be appreciated.
>
>
>Thanks.

Pycnogenol is the registered trade name for pine park.  It is reputed to 
be one of the most concentrated anti-oxidant sources.  Antioxidants are 
said to neutralize free radicals. My company distributes 60 count bottles,
20mg tablets of Pine Bark Extract-85% Proanthocyanidin by weight for 
$8.00 per bottle. Liberty Natural Products can be reached at 1-800-289-8427,
[email-masked], http:\\www.teleport.com\~liberty\
...Regards, Jim Dierking

---

From: [email-masked] (JeffreyF27)
Date: 14 Jan 1995 13:29:14 -0500

My understanding is that are 3 sources of naturally occurring
"pycnogenol".  Pine bark, grape seed and grape skin.  The pine bark is the
least bioavailable (not as well absorbed) of any of these, so a grape seed
extract is preferrable.

(and I have no vested interest in this topic)

Jeff
JMF