Subject: Any soap makers?

From: [email-masked] (DiBrooks)
Date: 30 Dec 1994 10:24:15 -0500

Hi - I am interested in discussing homemade soap with anyone who has done
it.  I have made a few batches and am experimenting with several
recipes/methods.  I am looking to eventually market hand made soap with my
other scent products.
                                  Anyone interested in a discussion?
                                       DiBrooks*Scent From The Heart

---

From: [email-masked] (Jet Silverman)
Date: 30 Dec 1994 19:37:58 -0800

I have made soap in the past, with lard and duck fat. Could you tell me 
what kind of herbs you use in your soap? Thanks.

---

From: [email-masked] (DiBrooks)
Date: 31 Dec 1994 13:48:14 -0500

Jet, Hi - I am primarily making the soap just adding fragrance oils for
scent but I have tried finely ground lavender and rose petals, and also
added cinnamon for color and paprika for color also.  The cinnamon makes a
rich light brown and the paprika a lovely salmon pink however the do make
the soap slightly abrasive.
  How did your duck fat soap turn out?  I hadn't heard of that before!
                                      Diane Brooks * Scent From The Heart