Subject: Foot Fungus

From: [email-masked] (Trish O'neil)
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 1995 17:23:00 GMT

KM>d From: [email-masked] (Kate Macdonald)
KM>Subject: Foot Fungus
   He has a fungus on his feet.  It's not athletes foot, it
KM>something else,  that he believes he picked up as a child in the far
KM>east.  It eats away  at his toenails and the skin on his feet is
KM>heavily flaky and splits and  bleeds.
KM>Unfortunately, I don't get to read this newsgroup as often as I'd
KM>like,  so *please* e-mail me any responses.
Kate-I'm posting this in the conference as well, since I'm a relative 
newcomer to e-mail, and I'm not sure the e-mail will get to you-I have a 
similar problem, picked up after years of running barefoot in eastern 
Oregon, don't know if its the same fungus, but what has really helped, 
and the only thing that has actually started to clear the areas under 
the toenail is topical vitamin E, applied around the entire nail, and on 
the affected skin, and then covered.  Once a day helped, twice a day 
better- it hasn't cured the problem, but I've not been as consistent 
with it as I could've been, plus I developed sensitivity to tape.  Hope 
this helps.

---Trish
---
* CMPQwk #1.4* UNREGISTERED EVALUATION COPY