Subject: Re: Migraines

From: "A.K.Cosgrove" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 95 10:35:09 EST

On 3 Jan 1995 00:10:39 GMT, 
Margaret Young  <[email-masked]> wrote:

>I have migraines and I have feverfew in the form of a pretty plant.  The only
>problem with eating the leaves of this pretty plant is that they taste VILE!
>Believe me, when you have a migraine the last thing you want to do is eat
>or drink the stuff in the form of a tea.
>
>So, as I see no point in buying capsules when I've got the plant, does anybody
>know how to make the stuff palatable? Can you bake it in brownies, bury it in
>cinnamon?  I would love some suggestions.
>margaret
>: --
>: Marylin Kraker, user of the UniBoard System @ c4systm.com
>: E-Mail: [email-masked]

    Couldn't you harvest & dry the leaves from your plant (regular pruning
encourages lots of lovely new growth), then make your own capsules? I buy
empty capsules from the herb shop, where I get many of my herbs. They're
not too expensive. I also grind my herbs using a Mr.Coffee coffee grinder
(reserved for Herbs Only Under Threat Of Painful Death, Dismemberment and
Severe Tongue-Lashing). Capsules are also available in many herb catalogs.

Good luck,
Alicia in NC
(wow--two Alicias on the same list. Who'da thunk it?)

[email-masked]
A.K. Cosgrove
      
  ...life isn't all sharp thorns and screeching vultures, you know...         
                                        M.Addams