Subject: Warts, anyone?

From: [email-masked] (Mike Grossman)
Date: 2 Jan 1995 08:00:41 -0800

I saw in the alt.folklore.* article in Wired that among the items 
discussed here, have been herbal remedies for warts. Since a FAQ doesn't 
seem to exist, I pose the question... 

What do the herbavores, gathered here, recommend for minor planter (sp?) 
warts?

Thanks...

--
Mike Grossman  			| Due to budget restrictions, the light
[email-masked]		| at the end of the tunnel has been
St. Louis U. School of Law, 1L  | shut off.

---

From: [email-masked] (Hilda Marshall)
Date: 3 Jan 1995 01:22:43 GMT

>What do the herbavores, gathered here, recommend for minor planter (sp?) 

Some wart remedies:

Band-Aid a slice of garlic to the wart.  Change twice a day.

Same as above, but a slice of mayapple (Podophyllum peltatum) root.
(Don't go yanking these up en masse, though - I keep my slices in 
a jar of alcohol.)

Celandine sap on the wart

An aspirin or piece of an aspirin on the wart

Love, Hilda (who to be truthful is an omnivore)

---

From: [email-masked] (Conrad Richter)
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 95 23:23:25 EST

> An aspirin or piece of an aspirin on the wart

Don't forget a relatively new one to North American herbalists, 
application of fresh pig's ears (Cotyledon spp.) leaves to arts. 
Newly wartless people swear by this African remedy. 

Conrad Richter

RICHTERS HERBS                     | Info:                 [email-masked]
Goodwood, ON  L0C 1A0, Canada      | Catalog Requests:  [email-masked]
Tel +1-905-640-6677  Fax 640-6641  | What's New for '95:    [email-masked]