Subject: Classes starting in Champaign, IL

From: [email-masked] (B.A. Davis-Howe)
Date: 3 Jan 1995 20:46:15 GMT

The following is the text of an flyer for the classes being
offered through The Loft, at 627.5 Green, in Champaign.  (It's right
above Zorba's.)

Not all of these classes are relevant to each of the newsgroups it is
being posted to, but there is at least one on this list for your newsgroup.
I am posting it to:
alt.pagan
alt.magick
alt.tarot
alt.divination
alt.aromatherapy
rec.foods.herbs
pnet.religion.pagan
alt.dreams

If anyone knows of additional groups this would be appropriate for,
please EMAIL me and I'll post it.  This will save groups from being
deluged with dozens of copies.

If you have any questions about the classes, please call The Loft at
(217) 367-0207.  I will not be checking for follow up posts.  (note
follow-ups line)

--Bran

*************************************************************************

CLASSES IN THE LOFT

Aromatherapy--Introduction with Dana Gass (Kamala)
Aromatherapy is the art of healing with essential oils.  It can benefit 
physical, emotional, and spiritual health.  We'll study many essential oils 
in-depth, as well as how to integrate them into your daily life.  
Informational and practical. 
One hour a week for ten weeks.	    $80 (materials included) 

Ceremonialism--Introduction with Bran Davis-Howe
History and fundamentals of modern Ceremonial Magic.  We'll cover theory, 
symbolism, and practice.  We'll look at a variety of forms--from the Golden
Dawn through recent evolutions.  Informational 
One hour a week for thirteen weeks.	$50 

Dreamwork and the Higher Self with Nicholas Sea
Exploration and discussion of dreamwork and what it involves.  Topics will 
include dreamspace, dream health, dream journals, dream rituals, concepts of 
reality, dream literature, and the higher self.  Discussion and workshop. 
2 hours twice a month for 2 months, Mar.--May	$32 

Herbalism--Introduction with Dana Gass (Kamala)
A survey of herbal theory and practice.  Sections on making herbal remedies, 
Chinese herbalism, and magical herbalism.  Informational and practical. 
One hour a week for eight weeks.	$80 (materials included) 

Magics--A Survey with Bran Davis-Howe
A variety of magics:  energy, mind, nature, spirits, and more.  If you're 
overwhelmed in finding your own path, or just curious about what else is out 
there, this class can help.  Mostly informational. 
One hour a week for thirteen weeks.	$50 

Massage--Beginners  with Dana Gass (Kamala)
Basic introduction to techniques of Swedish massage.  We'll explore 
body/mind/spirit linkages, appropriate oils for the skin and muscles, and 
massage ettiquette.  Informational and practical. 
Two hours twice a month for two months.	$40 

Spellcrafts with Bran Davis-Howe
Learn folk magic and other practical ways to work magic.  Herbs, oils, 
candles, charms, chants, and more.  Learn from many traditions.  Practical. 
One hour a week, ongoing.	$25/month (materials included) 

Intuitive Tarot--All Levels with Deborah Stewart
Covers imagery, numerology, and historical background of the cards.  The
focus is on intuitive response to mages rather than memorised definitions.
We'll meditate on the cards, as well as frequently reading in pairs and
groups.  Practical.
One hour a week for ten weeks.	$50

Wicca--Introduction with Bran Davis-Howe
The basics of Wiccan worldview, symbolism, and practice.  By the end of the 
class, you'll be able to start practicing this nature-oriented religion, with 
details of magic, spirituality, and ritual.  Mostly informational. 
One hour a week for thirteen weeks.	$50 

Wicca--Ongoing with Bran Davis-Howe
A different topic each week: seasonal observances, group dynamics, styles of 
Wicca, Elements, God/desses, etc.  This is ongoing exploration for people who 
already know the basics.  Informational and practical. 
One hour a week, ongoing.	$15/month 

Wicca--Ritual Practice with Bran Davis-Howe
Each month we'll experiment with a different facet of Wiccan ritual or magical 
technique.  Personal transformation, devotional, operative, introspective 
rituals, and more.  Some previous ritual experienced is needed.  Mostly 
practical. 
Three hours once a month, ongoing.	$15/month 

Register early--class sizes are limited.  
Some classes may be canceled if there aren't enough people registered by 
Jan. 20.
Classes start the week of Jan. 23.

Call THE LOFT for more information: (217) 367-0207.