Subject: Sinus infections: her

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 95 17:58:46 EST

I am also a sinus/allergy sufferer.  Fortunately for me, the house my 
husband and I bought has a steam generator that feeds into an enclosed 
shower stall.  The steam vent has a little cup that holds about 10 drops 
of whatever essential oil you'd like or need (e.g. eucalyptus or lavender 
for sinus problems).  I must say, this has been the absolute best 
treatment for my sinus/allergy problems and greatly enhances the use of 
drugs/herbs such as antihistamines or eyebright.  If you can afford it, I 
highly recommend it as it saves water over the shower method explained 
below and is generally more effecient.  It's also great for your skin and 
hair, and stimulates your body to rid itself of toxins through the skin.  
And it just plain feels good!

Another tried and true method is to obtain an inexpensive vaporizer or 
boil a pot of water on the stove, add the essential oil, and make a "tent" 
over your head with a towel.  Inhale the steam/oil for about 10 min. each 
day.

Dianne Lancia Irvine
E-mail 1:  [email-masked]
E-mail 2:  [email-masked]

On 12-29-94, INTERNET: [email-masked] wrote to ** ALL **:
 
 It> I've been a chronic sinus sufferer for years.  Here's one thing I do 
 It> when I feel them beginning to clog up (which, by the way is darned 
 It> near from 3rd week in Sept to last of April.)
 It> 
 It> Put yourself in a shower and get the water as hot as you can take it 
 It> without it driving you out. Allow the water to stream over your head 
 It> while making a cup out of your hands and keeping your hands over 
 It> your nose and mouth. This allows you to breathe in steamy water 
 It> quite effectively. Keep breathing in this steamy water through your 
 It> nose, only, and you'll soon feel all the clog begin to loosen. 
 It> Periodically stop and massage all the sinus cavities (you'll feel 
 It> them - and maybe even hear them - become quite loose.) This 
 It> massaging helps to move out all the buildup that's been clogging you 
 It> up and acting as a breeding ground for infection and ear aches and 
 It> sinus headaches.
 It> 
 It> I do this until the sinus cavities are pretty-well drained. I've 
 It> used this method successfully for many, many years. I get headaches 
 It> so bad from sinus infections that I will vomit from them. When I use 
 It> this, I can keep my sinuses fairly clean and moving as they should 
 It> be.
 It> 
 It> Hope this helps you out.
 It> 
 It> A fellow sinus sufferer.  Terry

---
 * Freddie 1.2.5 * >>>>[email-masked]<<<<