Subject: Herbal Remedy Book

From: [email-masked] (Dan Brown)
Date: 31 Dec 1994 22:33:19 -0700

Hi All,

  I'm hoping someone here might be able to offer some assistance in finding a 
certain book on Herbal Remedies... I don't have an awful lot of info on it. 
All I know is that the book is about Herbal Remedies, and the author is 
Dharmananda (single name.) I knowthis is very little to go on, but any 
assistance would be greatly appreciated!

  Take care,
  Dan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]                                               (Dan Brown)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
                     "Sanity is a complex destination"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (David Powner)
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 1995 10:43:39 +0000

> assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Suggest you ask the local library - it's easy to search for an author - 
without the book - even more so with an unusual name. I do this frequently,
usually on the phone!

(I assume that similar search facilities exist in the USA as in the UK)
-- 
David Powner                   Internet: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Dan Brown)
Date: 2 Jan 1995 11:36:54 -0700

In article <[email-masked]>,

[email-masked] (David Powner) wrote:

>> I'm hoping someone here might be able to offer some assistance in finding
>> a certain book on Herbal Remedies... I don't have an awful lot of info on 
>> it. All I know is that the book is about Herbal Remedies, and the author 
>> is Dharmananda (single name.) I knowthis is very little to go on, but any 

 > (I assume that similar search facilities exist in the USA as in the UK)

David,

  Thanks for the reply... I'll try the libraries for the info. 

  So far, I've not been too lucky. There is an extremely large book store 
about 90 miles north of me in Denver Colorado that has just about everything, 
or can find just about everything, but they couldn't find this one! <Grin>...
I never thought to try the library though! <Embarrassed look>...

  Take care,
  Dan

---

From: [email-masked] (Heather Smith)
Date: 2 Jan 1995 20:36:26 GMT

>(I assume that similar search facilities exist in the USA as in the UK)

another good source, if the book is still in print is to go to a book store/
library and look through the author index of "books in Print".  very simple,
very fast!

---

From: [email-masked] (Jane Fraser)
Date: 4 Jan 1995 13:40:43 GMT

>>> assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Ohio State library shows:
Pearls from the golden cabinet: the practitioner's guide to the use of
Chinese herbs and traditional formulas, by Subhuti Dharmananda.
Long Beach, CA: Oriental Healing Arts, 1988.

Interestingly enough, it is on reserve at the health sciences library.

Jane
[email-masked]