Subject: Re: Urgent Request regarding Infected Cut

From: [email-masked] (Sharon Rust)
Date: 24 Dec 1994 20:36:24 GMT

>Has anyone used raw garlic or a piece of aloe vera plant on an infection?
>Did it help?

DO NOT USE RAW GARLIC!!!!!  Raw garlic can burn the skin and cause more
tissue dammage. I have used epsom salts and hot water to soak the injury,
then I usually debride (rub off the dead skin) using 4x4's or sterilized
gause.Dead and  damaged tissue is wear germs get a big foot hold, thats
why you clean off the dead stuff.Now comes the tricky part depending on
how it looks , I either let it dry out in the air or if it needs to be
moist I dress it. Sometimes if it is deeply infected I have used french
clay moistened until it is  the consistancy of  quick bread batter and let
that dry on the wound ( this is a very drawing and drying application; it
usually has to be soaked off. Soaking a wound 3 times a day or more . The
moist dressings I have used are: comfrey salve, aloe vera gel, lanolin,
olive oil, almond oil, comfrey gel out of a boiled root piece, St. Johns
wort salve, vitamin E oil , evening primrose oil. I have also used other
drying packs, for one large infected abrasion I used fruit tree rosin
dusted on it. Other than the first cleaning of a wound I do not use
peroxide because it seams to cause more tissue dammage. Look out if it
enlarges or if a red streak appears, go to the Dr and get treatment.

---

From: [email-masked] (Steven Jong)
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 1994 02:47:12 GMT

-> Newsgroups: alt.folklore.herbs
-> Path: holonet!colossus.holonet.net!news.sprintlink.net!europa.eng.gte
-> From: [email-masked] (Robin and Ennien Ashbrook)
-> Subject: Re: Urgent Request regarding Infected Cut
-> Organization: Debug Computer Services
-> Date: Sat, 24 Dec 1994 02:27:20 GMT
-> Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
-> References: <[email-masked]>
-> Lines: 19
->
-> [email-masked] (Bruce Lee) writes:
-> > Has anyone used raw garlic or a piece of aloe vera plant on an infe
-> > Did it help?
->
-> Garlic releases sulfur and is one of the best antibiotics and antisep
-> in the plant kingdom.  While I use essential oil of lavender for infe
-> wounds myself, I know people who use garlic with as much success.
->  > Would an
-> application of tea tree oil help?  >
->
-> Yes.  Tea Tree oil is also anti-fungal.
-> Cheers,
-> -==- Ennien
->
-> --
-> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
-> | Ennein & Robin Ashbrook               |
-> | Internet: [email-masked]   |   " To each, their own. "
-> | UUCP: calgary!debug!galatia.9         |
Cannot help you concerning your infected cut but I am taking garlic
capsules and have about a weeks supply.  Since I have diarrhea possibly
the garlic may help in cleaning up the bacteria that may be in the tap
water I am drinking, but I only just started a day ago so I don't know
if it will work.  I am taking about 6 garlic capsules a day...I hope it
will kill any bad bacteria in my digestive tract causing diarrhea...

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 94 23:13:53 EST

Steve,

Check the g. Kola....my s/o took some for mental help, and everytime he
took it, he wound up with the runs....

BB
Winterhart

--
Online Data Systems - Milwaukee, WI
(414) 761-5120 - 300/1200/2400
(414) 761-5133 - 9600/14400
(414) 939-4670 - SouthEastern WI 

========================= !!! Automated Notice !!! =======================
 E-mail replies to this user should have the following on the first line  
 of message text:        TO: Winterhart
============================================================================