Subject: Re: cough, cold remedies

From: [email-masked] (Dale Woika)
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 1994 00:18:30 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Hilda Marshall) writes:
>From: [email-masked] (Hilda Marshall)
>Subject: Re: cough, cold remedies
>Date: 22 Dec 1994 20:53:57 GMT

>[email-masked] (frank a conte) writes:

>>I have a cough and congestion is there any herb that can bring me relief?

>Try this soup:  Chop onions and mash garlic.  Simmer gently with some
>fresh grated ginger, sage, and chili pepper.  Add bouillon or miso
>paste.  Drink in large quantities, nice and hot!  I like a big chunk
>of Italian bread with this.

>Love, Hilda

wow!  This should help with clearing up congestion, anyway!  This would 
make a Halls (tm) cough drop run from fear!

I think any aromatic ligh-textured (clear) soup is generally theraputic for 
colds & congestion, & there is evidence to support this.  How about a nice, 
hot vegetable broth?  And I have no doubt whatsoever the above recipe is a 1-
2-3 punch! for that head cold.

'health!

Dale