Subject: Alcohol in Kombuncha

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Christiansen)
Date: 03 Jan 1995 23:04:54 GMT

Hello all!

Recently, my mom was given a kombuncha mushroom and the directions
for its use.  We followed the directions and got the mushroom going
in a jar of kukicha (sp?) tea, wanting to avoid the tannin, etc. in
black tea.  The mushroom is doing well, etc. and the resulting tea
tastes downright funky.

However, one of the papers on kombuncha that we were given states
that the resulting tea is 0.5% alcohol.  Would anybody know of a 
method of removing the alcohol without heating the tea past 115
degrees farenheit (we don't want to kill the enzymes, etc.)?

Thanks for any help!

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
                     Kevin Christiansen
   Computer Vision Laboratory - Brigham Young University
    [email-masked]  or  [email-masked]
          < insert standard disclaimers here >

"When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice:  But
when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourne." - Proverbs 29:2
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-