Subject: Re: Insomnia

From: [email-masked] (Andre Paquette)
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 1994 19:38:38 GMT

Larry, I know this probably sounds strange but I have found that listening
to those nature CD's (solitudes, etc.) to be a wonderful help in getting
to sleep peacefully.  I have found that I think too much in bed and it
keeps me awake.  The music helps to focus my thoughts on something
external and very soothing.  I now put the CD on anytime I can't sleep and
rarely am I still awake to hear the end.  I'd suggest to give it a try.

Carlene

P.S. - Don't use a new CD though - the strangeness/newness of it just
might keep your brain active listening to how the songs go.

In a previous posting, Larry White ([email-masked]) writes:
> I started using Valerain root about a month ago with some success. I 
> don't sleep as well as I would like but it is better than the sleeping 
> pills. I get run over by the same truck when I use them. I take 4 
> capsules about 2 hrs before bed and then take 2 eyedroper full when I lay 
> down. Anyone else had experience with Valerain root? It is expensive at 
> GNC , I would like to find a cheaper source. It tastes awful. The liquid 
> is not so bad, at least the non-alcohol type. Why do I have this sleep 
> problem? I usually (but not always) can go to sleep ok but then wake up 1-
> 3 hrs later and every hr or so after that for the rest of the night. I've 
> read and tried a lot of things. Alcohol is not the problem, I'm not 
> overweight, I've tried the warm bath , same time every night , quit room, 
> ..all those things without much help. So far the Valerain root is the 
> only thing to help. With it I sometimes sleep 3-4 hrs at first and then 2-
> 3 hrs after that. Wish there were a better way...it has been years since 
> I woke up refreshed and eager to face the day.
>    - Larry  , tired in Tennessee 
>