Subject: Re: Tea Tree Oil

From: [email-masked] (Brad Scarlett)
Date: 29 Dec 1994 08:36:13 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Ben Englesberg) says:
>
>[email-masked] (Scott Richardson) writes:
>

<<  SNIP  >>

>No, it is generally used externally as an anti-fungal or anti-biotic.  I 
>also use it as part of my dental hygeine regimen.  It is not toxic to 
>humans, although I suspect that any large amount of it taken internally 
>might make one quite unwell.
>

 I too use it for dental hygeine purposes, but in a slightly different
manner I think.  At my local health food store, I found toothpicks that
have been soaked in this oil and so I use these in lieu of ordinary
toothpicks.  I've actualy acquired a taste for it!!  

Brad.

---

From: [email-masked] (Ben Englesberg)
Date: 30 Dec 1994 17:45:14 GMT

>toothpicks.  I've actualy acquired a taste for it!!  

Me too.  After a couple of months, the damn stuff actually started to 
taste pleasant.  I haven't ever seen the toothpicks, but I recently 
picked up some dental floss which is saturated with tea-tree oil. Good 
stuff... keeps my mouth VERY clean.

Ben

---

From: [email-masked] (Skye Byrd)
Date: 1 Jan 1995 20:00:21 -0500

Tea Tree Oil gives me a rash. It clears up my acne and even cold sores,
but later on (a day or two) I break out in a low level rash. I am very
allergic to things with alcohol in them.

I am going to try diluting it next, before I give up on it.

Skye Byrd

---

From: [email-masked] (Kerry Turcotte)
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 1995 03:58:35 GMT

Skye Byrd ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Tea Tree Oil gives me a rash. It clears up my acne and even cold sores,
: but later on (a day or two) I break out in a low level rash. I am very
: allergic to things with alcohol in them.

: I am going to try diluting it next, before I give up on it.

: Skye Byrd

I've read that essential oils should be diluted 6-10 drops of oil to 
every 25 ml of carrier oil before topical application....  maybe you're 
getting a rash because of a high concentration of oil.... (altho' since 
you said that you're going to try dilution, I guess you've already 
thought of that....  don't mind me....  I'm going back to my corner to 
nap...)

Good luck! 
:) Kerry
-- 
________________________________________________________________________

[email-masked]				[email-masked]