Subject: Re: Another Flax Seed Question

From: [email-masked] (Jason Marshall)
Date: 31 Dec 94 15:24:13 MDT

CB>   Flax seed oil comes from (surprise!) flax seeds, which are edible. 
CB> Linseed oil is DERIVED from flaxseed oil.  It's denatured in some way, or
CB> otherwise processed.

While linseed oil is made from all-natural ingredients, it's certainly not
something I would consume on purpose *8-).  My dad uses it to strip the paint
off things, and it stinks to beat hell!

BTW, Brad, get your own account!  Poor Colin must find your net habit to be an
annoyance *8-)

  The Ranger

---

From: [email-masked] (FRED W. BACH)
Date: 2 Jan 1995 13:41 PST

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Jason Marshall) writes...
#CB>   Flax seed oil comes from (surprise!) flax seeds, which are edible. 
#CB> Linseed oil is DERIVED from flaxseed oil.  It's denatured in some way, or
#CB> otherwise processed.
# 
#While linseed oil is made from all-natural ingredients, it's certainly not
#something I would consume on purpose *8-).  My dad uses it to strip the paint
#off things, and it stinks to beat hell!
# 
#BTW, Brad, get your own account!  Poor Colin must find your net habit to be an
#annoyance *8-)
# 
#  The Ranger

  Yeah?

  Ethanol both is combustible and strips shellac, does it not?  And it
  stinks as well.  At that rate you'd better not drink any beer or vodka!

  Flax-seed cereal such as Sunny Boy (in Canada) is good to eat.  I think
  a whole generation grew up on that stuff in the Canadian Prairies.
  Besides, it makes the hair shine and the eyes sparkle.  I like it.

  There always is a danger in purifying things that the naturally present
  co-factors may be purified out.  Could this process be happening when
  the flax-seed oil is extracted from flax-seed, and purified for human
  consumption???  Something to think about.

 Fred W. Bach ,    Operations Group        |  Internet: [email-masked]
 TRIUMF (TRI-University Meson Facility)    |  Voice:  604-222-1047 loc 327/333
 4004 WESBROOK MALL, UBC CAMPUS            |  FAX:    604-222-1074
 University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B.C., CANADA   V6T 2A3
  Damien says " If you don't STAND for SOMETHING, you'll FALL for ANYTHING "
 These are my opinions, which should ONLY make you read, think, and question.
 They do NOT necessarily reflect the views of my employer or fellow workers.