Subject: headlice removal

From: [email-masked] (Chris Tanis)
Date: 17 Jan 1995 19:33:54 GMT

Hi.  I'm wondering if there is an herbal way to kill/remove
headlice.  My niece visited over the weekend and we just
found out she's infected....she was everywhere in the house
(read: furniture, carpeting, slept in my bed).  I'm preparing to
go home and wash sheets in hot water, is there something
I can do to family hair to keep us from being infected?  

I prefer not to spend a fortune on Rid (my greyhound doesn't
take well to those kinds of things and it's a bit cold to leave
her outside for hours while something dries).   Is there something
anyone can recommend to kill anything living in my furniture or
carpeting?

I heard that hot water will kill the little livestock in your hair.
How hot should the water be?  Will this kill the eggs also?
After the last couple of weeks, I would ask, "What next?", but
I'm afraid I would find out!

Thanks in advance for any advice/success stories.  

-Chris

-- 
If a centipede a pint,
and a millipede a quart,
how much would a precipice?