Subject: help me grow herbs in bac

From: [email-masked] (Douglas Wiggins)
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 1995 20:01:00 GMT

DA>From: [email-masked] (David)
DA>Subject: help me grow herbs in backyard

DA>Hi, I've got a patch of soil in partial sun and also in indirect sun.
DA>Feavorfew grows well there. I'd like to know of some other herbs that
DA>might do well ther as well.

DA>Also, what is feavorfew good for?

Feverfew is good for migraines - a leaf or two chewed daily, I
believe, is the way it is used (tastes TERRIBLE, though).

As for other stuff to grow: J.L. Hudson offers wild-collected seed
of non-cultivated strains of all kinds of plants from all over the
world. Recently, he had to travel to Mexico because one of the
people providing his seed died of old age, so it was necessary to
develop other contacts - while there, they would point to this and
that and say, "What's this good for", and anything that seemed
likely for their catalog, they arranged to have someone collect for
them. Because of this recent influx of new southern species into his
catalog, I suspect he may have something for you to grow in California.

J.L. Hudson
PO Box 1058
Redwood City, CA 94064
(no phone, no computer, $2 for catalog, ppd)

         -Douglas Wiggins [email-masked], Portland, Oregon
---
 * OLX 2.1 TD * Zoron Research, Inc. - Custom Glassblowing to spec