Subject: Fatigue

From: [email-masked] (Henry H Hexmoor)
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 1995 02:34:01 GMT

Is there a herbal remedy for chronic fatigue induced by years of
stress, aging, or burn out?

I feel tired all day long. Coffee is ineffective. I am 35 years old
and otherwise healthy. At times I cant focus and end up goofing off or
just napping. I used to think it is burn out or just stress
management. I believe stress causes free radicals, combatted by
antioxidants.

Thanks 
Henry.

---

From: [email-masked] (Hilda Marshall)
Date: 11 Jan 1995 14:54:30 GMT

>stress, aging, or burn out?

Well, it's not an herbal remedy, but I find that taking a walk and
getting some fresh air every day really helps keep my energy level
up.  Even if it's just to buy cat litter or see if the hollyhocks
on Cedar Street have set seed yet - moving around out in the fresh
air and sun is a reliable energy boost.

Love, Hilda

---

From: Patrick Visniewski <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Jan 1995 19:15:29 GMT

get some exercise
any exercise, it really does help

I always feel so much better when I'm doing something regularly
(fencing, running, weights, martial arts, ect anything)

Patrick
http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~blah/
mailto:[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Camilla Cracchiolo)
Date: 11 Jan 1995 21:19:09 GMT

Henry H Hexmoor ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Is there a herbal remedy for chronic fatigue induced by years of
: stress, aging, or burn out?

: I feel tired all day long. Coffee is ineffective. I am 35 years old
: and otherwise healthy. At times I cant focus and end up goofing off or
: just napping. I used to think it is burn out or just stress
: management. I believe stress causes free radicals, combatted by
: antioxidants.

You need to see a doctor and make sure there is no serious illness 
underlying the fatigue.  Severe fatigue is the early sign of a lot of 
illnesses.  You should also see if you have a treatable problem, like 
sleep apnea (a very common and dangerous problem that can be effectively 
treated with a machine to keep the airway open at night)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
           Camilla Cracchiolo, RN   [email-masked]

        Shrine of the Cybernetic Madonna BBS  213-766-1356
     "We Hate Rush Limbaugh *and* Newt Gingrich With A Passion"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (Gre1440)
Date: 11 Jan 1995 19:20:43 -0500

I have seen questions about Fatigue (and CFS), and seen replies that are
encouraging excercise.  

I would like to offer on word of caution.  One problem with Chronic
Fatigue Syndrome is that excercise, even in moderation,  can make the
fatigue worse, and can flare up all the other symptoms.  Excercise does
help people with CFS, but each person must be VERY careful in pacing
himself or herself and learning what makes the symptoms better and what
makes them worse.

Just my $0.02!   :)
martha