Subject: Sweeten the tea?

From: [email-masked]
Date: 29 Dec 94 02:06:49 AST

Greetings from the Glacial Moraine.....
Is there any concensus on the effects of adding such things as milk
or sugar or honey to teas like Centuary to decrease the bitterness
or otherwise improve the taste?
Thanks
Glacier Gruff
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Dale Woika)
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 1994 03:16:20 GMT

>or otherwise improve the taste?

Go for it.  Good sweeteners: honey, sugar, malt extract, sap syrups (maple 
etc.), sorghum syrup, nectar (if you are really patient), concentrated fruit 
juice (apple juice is nearly 100% water and sugar).  Sorry, I still don't 
trust Asparatime (nutrasweet (TM)), acsulfamine, or saccarine, & lactose, 
dextrose, xylotol, sorbitol & other sugars are not very sweet.  Lemon, lemon 
balm, lemon verbena, orange peel, & various mints can take the "edge" off as 
well. Finally, a chaser is an acceptable solution to those "less than 100% 
pleasant-tasting" infusions.  

I've had worse than Centuary, though...

Dale