Subject: Re: what do we know about pot?

From: [email-masked] (Rob King)
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 1994 14:27:00 GMT

[email-masked] (Hilda Marshall) replied:

H>[email-masked] (Steve Russell) writes:

 >>I just wanted to make the point that the situation is more complicated
 >>then a drug being a problem pill.

H>Well said, Steve!  But since recreational drugs are currently illegal
 >and their use considered a character flaw, a disproportionate
 >percentage of people with "personality problems" are drawn to them as
 >a lifestyle (rather than as an experiment or an occasional high).  So

So by this statement, I assume Hilda is advocating de-criminalization of
'pot'..??.   However, this statement is flawed, because MJ is LEGALLY
classified a HARD narcotic, deeming penalties proportionate to that of
heroin and opium.  Why have nearly a dozen teenagers died in 1994 by
ingestion of Datura <Locoweed/Jimsonweed> plant.... which is COMPLETELY
legal and unregulated..??.  Valid MEDICAL uses of MJ have been virtually
HALTED because of the numerous small minds that believe incarceration is
better than EDUCATION....  FAR to many politics and MONEY involved in
fighting the "WAR" on drugs to switch to systems that are working
better in other countries..... WHY the HELL should logic prevail..??....
tooo many people are getting rich.

Rob.

---
 * QMPro 1.53 * ------>---->--->-->->> [email-masked] <<-<--<---<-----

---

From: [email-masked] (Hollyberry)
Date: 2 Jan 1995 18:55:28 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] writes:

> 
> Well...lets see, the group I hang with is mainly physicians,
> professional educators and college graduates.  Hmmmm lots of potential
> seems to have been reached so far in the lives of these talanted &
> gifted people.  Like anything in life...moderation is the key.  Once you
> let any substance, alcohol, drugs, food, etc..., take control of your
> life, you run the risk of demise. 

<deletia of more things that made LOTS of sense>

I have also found this to be true among my friends.  And, yes, we 
are talking 10-15 years of on and off use.  Another note:  my
friends that are pot smokers are also very LIGHT drinkers.

Peace & Light
Nicole

---

From: [email-masked] (Hollyberry)
Date: 2 Jan 1995 18:55:57 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
(Francis Michael Gallina) writes: > I guess I have to say I feel sorry for all 
you who live in places where 
> cutting mj with another substance is commonplace, and not the exception.  
> In Eugene, OR this NEVER happens, due to the fact that so many people 
> grow it that it would be a)pointless b)painfully obvious c)bad for business.
> I guess people in "real" cities have to worry about other dangerous stuff 
> too tho..

I live in a "real" city, and that doesn't happen here either.

---

From: [email-masked] (Hollyberry)
Date: 2 Jan 1995 18:56:12 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Rob King) writes:
> 
> FAR to many politics and MONEY involved in

DING DING DING DING DING!  That, my friend, is the key!

Peace & Light
Nicole