Subject: love potion #9?)

From: [email-masked] (David)
Date: 13 Jan 1995 10:16:45 -0800

I'm sure that those of you who are reading this are samely and secretly 
tucked away in an empty office orbedroom. I'm a little embarassed to 
write this but here it goes.

This is in the area of folklore. I'm wondering if there are any herbs 
that are traditionally thought of as love potions. My girlfriend and I 
have had a bit of a falling out.

On a more realistic level, we will probably talking about our 
difficulties in the next few weeks. They are things that I believe could 
be resloved but who knows. She's a bit high strung and I'm nervace when 
it comes to this stuff. I think what I'm really looking for is an herb 
or compound that makes a nice tea that will just calm and relax us both. 
Put us in a state for sensible discussion.

Now you can stop laughing. And write to me.

Thanks
Rusty

--
I refuse to disclaim anything!
Anything and everything I say is a product of  everything and everyone I
have ever been  associated with
David (Rusty) Perez ([email-masked])
"If there's no bottom in your eyes, they hold more."
--Hazel Motes

---

From: [email-masked] (CATSMACK)
Date: 13 Jan 1995 14:34:20 -0500

If you just want to get "calm", I would suggest a tea made of chamomile
and catnip. As far as a love potion, as soon as you find one, be sure to
send the recipe to me!!!

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 1995 23:01:44 GMT

Damiana is a traditional (Mexican, I think) aphrodesiac for women, taken as a 
tea an hour or so beforehand.  Schizandra berries are a Chinese herb known for 
tonic, energizing properties and aphrodesiac effects.  John 
Bidleman, in the letters column of a recent Mondo 2000, says "Schizandra is 
known to cause excitement to the female genitalia and increase the stamina 
of men....25 of the small berries held in the mouth (five at a time) and 
swallowed...enhance the effects of marijuana....Many people report a sudden 
awareness of the flow of Chi about their body and a gentle yet pleasurable 
stimulation."  Schizandra is also synergistic with cannabis and increases the 
aphrodesiac properties of the latter (an effect I can confirm from 
personal experience.)

Brondashe is an African aphrodesiac herb for men, which Urb Magazine recently 
reported on.  When smoked in a pipe, it alleviates physical and psychological 
impotenece.  The article says brondashe also has positive tonic and 
energizing properties and even helps shy people loosen up socially.  No one I 
know has tried this herb yet, but we're going to.  More information is 
available from Craig Davis, c/o Herbal Essence Distribution Co., P.O. 7104, 
Colver City, CA  90233.

Yohimbe is supposed to be another aphrodesiac, but it's so expensive I've 
never tried it.

Many herbs are reputed to be aphrodesiacs when used aromatherapeutically, e.g.
rose, patchouli, ylang ylang, jasmire, ginger, cinnamon, and vanilla (hence 
their use in perfumes).  I find patchouli to be most effective in 
promoting a relaxed, sensual mindset.

Diana B.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 1995 08:31:14 GMT

>Now you can stop laughing. And write to me.
We're (my husband and I) aren't laughing (well, only a little), Traditional
Medicinals has a tea called "easy now" -it is great for stress, relaxation,
it has peppermint, spearmint, passionflower, catnip, chamomile, rosemary,
lavender -tastes good too
good luck
(if you relax together, and want to be together, that is the best love potion'
around)
-Bob and Maura