Subject: Re: Cayenne red pepper and mustard for backache

From: [email-masked]
Date: 11 Jan 1995 19:10:08 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Rick Sullivan) writes:
>
>For some years now I have been trying to get friends to try
a backache remedy I found in a book and tried with surprising
success. . .<deleted>.

Funny how when you find something that really works, you want
the world to know about it.  Felt the same way when I came across
"Rub-Rub" in Jamacia.  The roadside herbal "Doctor" (aka 
naturalist, palm reader, fortune teller) recommended the liquid
for chronic joint pain.  Came in a small rum bottle, stunk to high
heaven and turned any cloth bright green (but not the skin).

Wish I had bought a case!  Anyway, I certainly will try your remedy 
as well as pass it along to others.

THANK YOU!

jrb

---

From: [email-masked] (Rick Sullivan)
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 1995 13:22:32 GMT

For some years now I have been trying to get friends to try a backache remedy 
I found in a book and tried with surprising success.  Only one in about 15 
people I have described it to has tried it, and it worked great for her - she 
cancelled a series of 6 Chiropractic sessions for a recurring pain from an old 
whiplash injury.  It helps my low back pain considerably - even relieving a 
spasm from too much digging in the spring garden!

Would you folks please try it out and let me know if it works for you, too.

Here it is - it's simple and you probably have the ingredients in your kitchen.
Take 1 teaspoonful of Cayenne red pepper and 1 teaspoonful of dried mustard 
powder and mix in a small bowl with about 2 Tablespoonfuls of hot water, to 
make a watery paste.  Spread this paste on a washcloth, and fold the cloth 
over so the paste is inside.  Dribble some hot water on the washcloth so the 
fumes (yes!) come up through the washcloth.  Slap this on your achy back and 
massage.  You should feel the heat from the pepper and mustard ease into the 
achy muscles.  (I think the heat is what heals - seems to bring lots of blood 
to the area, helping the massage to go real deep.)  That's it.

Now be careful not to get the pepper/mustard paste on your skin directly; it 
will cause an abrasion and scabbing.  (You should have seen my friend's neck 
after she got the stuff on her  --  it was pretty intense, but then again, 
this was the person who cancelled her Chiropracty!)  I am *aching* to see if 
this works for others.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Pat