Subject: Re: GROWING GINSENG

From: [email-masked]
Date: 23 Dec 1994 21:48:05 -0800

William Coleman ([email-masked]) wrote:
: What is the best source of information about growing and harvesting
: Ginseng?
try the pacific northwest ginseng growers assn. in Ridgefield, 
Washington. They were of great help to me.
John
-- 
the opinions expressed here are not neccesarily shared by Teleport.com. 
And oh yes, I have been told, by a reliable source, that with the 
exception of the catsup, Mcdonalds' menu is completely carcinogenic.

---

From: [email-masked] (Rob King)
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 1994 17:47:00 GMT

[email-masked] (PlantMed) replied:

P>Hsu's are reliable, but be aware that ginseng takes at least five years,
 >requires exact growing conditions, and is very difficult to grow
 >organically.

Once it gets started, it can be a cash crop, tho.... my uncle in IndiaNA
GREW this for 15 years... made decent money, too.

There's a good chapter on growing Ginseng in "Foxfire 3"... good
reference book.

Thankx for the reply,

Rob.

---
 * QMPro 1.53 * ------>---->--->-->->> [email-masked] <<-<--<---<-----