Subject: herbs vs med. -cont-

From: [email-masked] (Heather Smith)
Date: 4 Jan 1995 02:51:14 GMT

here's the letter that i received that is probably necessary to uderstand
my earlier post:

In article <[email-masked]> you write:
>again, it's not going to hurt you either way,
>but analogously speaking, would you drink willow bark tea for a headache 
>instead of taking asprin, the active ingredient?  Let common sense decide.

	Yes, Heather, I would rather drink the tea.  Why?  Because it is 
*natural*.  Certainly, there are possible harmful affects that we may/may 
not know about from these natural forms of common medicines, but the fact 
is, we cannot synthasize (sp?) chemicals properlly.  It has been 
explained to me by a chemist before, but I don't really understand how it 
works.  It would seem that in nature, all molecules are formed in one way 
(god I wish I could explain it), while in chemistry molecules are formed 
50% that way and 50% the opposite way.  The 50% opposites can be dangerous.
	I know that you can't take my word for it, since I can't really 
even tell you about it, but I would just rather stick with the way nature 
made these things.  Besides, the willow bark is more potent and won't 

Press RETURN for more...

MAIL> 

    #120         3-JAN-1995 16:38:21.69                                     MAIL

upset your stomach (etc) the way asprin does.

	Does that answer your question?  At least a little?

i'll be looking forward to the responses to this one

heather