Subject: Re: Good flea control?

From: [email-masked] (Dion P Marshall)
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 1994 17:41:46 GMT

: :> > Russell Middleton <[email-masked]> writes:
: :>
: :> > >Can anyone suggest good flea conntrol (Yard & Animal) and where can you
: :> > >get it?

Hello,
I don't read here often, so I won't see any followups.  I also don't own any
mammals (my wife's allergic), but my friends swear by this.  Give your pet 
Brewer's Yeast tablets, one tablet per five pounds of pet, once per day.  They
claim that their dog's coat is much healthier and that she's had no fleas
since they began this.  Previously she had bald patches and scratched
continuously.

Good Luck,

Dion

---

From: [email-masked] (gary gibson)
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 1994 20:20:02 -0600

> : :> > >Can anyone suggest good flea conntrol (Yard & Animal) and where
can you

As for yard flea control, cedar trees seem to do well for me.  My next door neighbor hasseveral between our two yards.  Since my cat has started sleeping under one of them I have have seen no fleas on her.  

To support this theory it seems that some where I read that Cedar can repel several types of bugs including fleas and roaches.  The wood contains pyrethrin I believe.  This compound is also found in Chrysanthemums.  

I also put chunks of it in my closets and keep my winter clothes in a Cedar chest.  This tends to repel the bugs quite well.

I aquired cedar chunks from friends who were pruning their trees.
-- 
[email-masked]