Subject: Re: what we know about pot

From: [email-masked] (Steve Russell)
Date: 27 Dec 1994 17:17:59 GMT

From: [email-masked] (Hilda Marshall) writes:
Subject: Re: what do we know about pot?

Well said, Steve!  But since recreational drugs are currently illegal
and their use considered a character flaw, a disproportionate
percentage of people with "personality problems" are drawn to them as
a lifestyle (rather than as an experiment or an occasional high).  

	"Illegal" status does have a charm, but it can't account
	for the whole story.  People with personality problems
	try alcohol from a similar kind of attraction when they
	are young and become alcholics.  Loads of folks from all
	sorts of homes try both drugs in school.  Many alcholics
	and potheads are born on campus.  The novelty wears off
	for most students who go on to become run-of-the mill
	users as adults.  My guess is as older folks die out of
	power governmental attitudes towards pot will loosen.

Steve
[email-masked]

---

From: Marian C <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 1994 15:19:46 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]> writes:
> 	for the whole story. [snip]...  The novelty wears off

That's what a lot of people my age and older said when we were in our teens and 
twenties.  It hasn't happened yet!

Marian
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"

"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the 
Cat. -- Lewis Carrol
                       |\      _,,,--,,_  ,)   
                       /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'     
       ~~~~~0         |,4-  ) )-,_ ) /\      email reply to:
                     '`--''(_/--' (_/-'      [email-masked]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

---

From: [email-masked] (Kathy S Leggitt)
Date: 28 Dec 1994 20:39:21 GMT

>Marian

Oh Marian, I think it has happened!  Could you imagine an admitted
pot smoker (oh, okay, he didn't inhale :-) being elected president
of the US 20 years ago?  It just wouldn't have happened!

Kathy Leggitt
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Steve Russell)
Date: 29 Dec 1994 19:31:24 GMT

>twenties.  It hasn't happened yet!

If you are talking about the baby boomer generation, those "kids" may
still be proven correct.  There are still many world war 2 generation era
folks still in power, ie George Bush just got replaced and he was young
compared to some members of the house and senate.

Steve
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (broomstick)
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 1995 11:55:26

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Kathy S Leggitt) writes:
>From: [email-masked] (Kathy S Leggitt)
>Subject: Re: what we know about pot
>Date: 28 Dec 1994 20:39:21 GMT

>[email-masked]

Then again, over 200 years ago a pot GROWER was elected president (George 
Washington - what, you didn't know he grew pot?  Didn't they tell you that in 
Amer History in school?)

=============================================================================
			|
>---broomstick---	| If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains,
			| however improbable, must be the truth.
			|				-- S. Holmes
=============================================================================