Subject: Re: Question:Healthy Skin?

From: [email-masked] (Heather Smith)
Date: 29 Dec 1994 23:05:39 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, Preeti Sharma <[email-masked]> writes:
>Hi everyone,
>
>I was wondering if there was a combination of herbs one could use( both
>external and internal use) for moist, healthy skin?
>
>Thanks.
>Best Wishes for the New Year
>
>Preeti
>
>
>[email-masked]
>[email-masked]
>

preeti,

one of the most effective means to beautiful skin is to drink as much water
as possible each day (i'm talking up to a gallon if you and the facilities 
can handle it.  it flushes your system and removes waste more efficiently
that would show up as tired, dry, greyish skin.  its hard to really drink that 
much but start with a quart a day that you carry with you, sip from the water
fountains every time you pass one, and drink it with meals if you have your
choice.

sometimes the most effective remedies are the simplest.  

If this isn't the answer your looking for, there are volumes of books
that list herbal masks, lotions and potions.  check your library.

---

From: [email-masked] (Jet Silverman)
Date: 29 Dec 1994 20:03:04 -0800

I would say 1000mg of vitamin C a day. Split it up into two doses.

---

From: [email-masked] (Stuart Reid)
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 95 01:03:03 GMT

> that list herbal masks, lotions and potions.  check your library.

Just a thought re water ..... it is better not to drink with meals as
this will dilute the digestive juices making for less efficient digestion.
No liguids 1/2 hr befor and 1hr(at least) after.
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Don Scott)
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 1994 23:54:12 GMT

>Preeti

Let's deal with the two situations separately.   Dry skin is a sign of many 
things, including hypothyroidism.  If you are sure this is not a problem, 
then soaking your hands in water and then using a skin cream containing 
betaine and lactic acid and, perhaps, urea as an anti-itch ingredient; the 
first, betaine, is a moisture holder; the second lactic acid, softens dry 
thick skin.   In Europe there is a preparation called Calmuril, sold by 
Kabi-Pharmacia of Sweden.  They also sell it into Canada and the U.K.  This 
works very well, even in severe cases such as Icthyosis.  I import it 
privately for my mother-in-law. (Sorry, I am not in a position to resell it; 
you need to find your own source, perhaps a drug store in Canada?)  A friend 
in Finland sends it. Cost is about US$7.50 for a 100-gram tube.  It also comes 
in 300 gram jars, but not in Finland.)   If you get it, I will give you the 
instructions in English, if you don't understand the language on the label.

Kabi-Pharmacia is in the USA as well. Inquiries over the years about direct 
importation has revealed that they are authorized to sell it here, but they 
choose not to.

There is also a German or Swiss  company making a product called Wicara (or 
such!) which I avoid because, as I recollect, it has steroids in it too. Not 
sure of this, but here was a reason I didn't use this one!

Now, another approach.  Vitamin A.  But be careful. You can overdose on A and 
do liver damage.  Check with a dermatologist, or use an OTC A&D preparation.

- - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 [email-masked] (Don Scott, P.O. Box 611, Elk Grove IL 60009-0611)
     "Maybe you have big problems, but remember, if you don't
      have big problems, the little ones look like big ones."
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

---

From: Preeti Sharma <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 1994 17:37:12 -0500

Hi everyone,

Thanks.

Preeti

[email-masked]
[email-masked]