Subject: Tea Tree Oil

From: [email-masked] (Michael Raybaud)
Date: 16 Jan 1995 14:39:07 GMT

Wondering how to make a tea tree oil for a shampoo for eliminating dry
flaky skin. Any help is greatly appreciated.   

Also,. any good books out with different remedies for different uses

thanks in advance

mike

-
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Ben Englesberg)
Date: 16 Jan 1995 15:36:06 GMT

I am not certain that tea-tree oil would be effective for "dry, flaky 
scalp" unless that condition were caused by an infection of some sort.  
Tea-tree oil is somewhat astringent, and could, in fact, contribute to 
dry scalp problems.  If you DO decide that tea-tree oil may be of some 
use to you, you cannot easily make it, as the tree from which it is 
obtained grows only in Australia (new zealand???).  

You may have heard that there are some good remidies made from GREEN 
tea.  I have not tried these remedies, but I know that hhey are 
available.  Is it possible that this is what you are thinking of?

Ben.