Subject: Re: Menstrual aids PLEASE!

From: [email-masked] (Hei Pri)
Date: 28 Dec 1994 08:01:13 -0500

This is what I do:  Follicular stage (first two weeks after period) I do
Dong Quai Supreme 3X daily.  It's a tincture  with all sorts of good stuff
which I get from Gaia Herbs, Harvard, MA.  Then, during the luteal stage
(the next two weeks if you're lucky) I take Vitex/Alfalfa Supreme 3x
daily.  In addition to that, for about a week before my period I take
Evening Primrose Oil 500 mg 2 or 3x per day to ward off PMS.  This
routione seems to be working.  Good Luck.  Hei Pri @aol.com

---

From: [email-masked] ()
Date: 30 Dec 1994 02:00:43 GMT

Marc Plainguet ([email-masked]) wrote:

: My wife is effected strongly by her period and we were wondering if
: any herbs are helpful to women in dealing with this phenomenon. I hate
: seeing her in such pain and frustration. Can anyone help?
: -- 
In response to your query about your wife's discomfort, I hope I can 
help.  I have suffered for years not knowing I had endometriosis until 
recent surgery.  For years the products such as Advil for anti-inflammation 
(reference book, NO 
MORE MENSTRAL CRAMPS) had relieved any pain when taken before severe 
cramps occurred.  However, after years of such discomfort, I found my 
pain had continued to where such "light" medication did not help.  Now I 
am following a strict diet to control my endometriosis and consequently 
condtions endometriosis caused in me.  I stay away from wheat products, 
dairy (except for non-pasturized yogurt, non-fat) and I only eat 
occassional lean meat--watching amount of red meat (reference FIBRIOD 
TUMORS AND ENDOMETRIOSIS by Susan Lark).  I also drink tea made of Vitex 
(Agnus-Castus) liquid and hot water, Agnus-Castus (reference any good herbal 
book on this herb).  I
also sprinkle cinnamon on everything during menses--I mean everything 
liberally, which seems to control the flooding I had experienced.  After 
2 years since surgery, I do not even take asprin.  This regime is working 
for me in controlling the return of any endometriosis or fibriods and 
consequently the pain associated with this.  BY THE WAY STOP ALL 
CAFFINE--SORRY.  It is all worth this inconvenience--you really get used 
to it.  By the way, I would caution your wife to be sure she is getting 
enough iron (raisins, ets.) calcium (tofu, etc.) and protein if she 
should follow what I did.  I do not know if your wife's suffering is 
related to endometriosis, but such suffering sounds oh so familiar--it is so 
worth the diet change if it works.  Also worth it is trying and exploring the 
Vitex, From what I was told by 10 or so gynecologists  only 
laprascoptic surgery can confirm this 
condition which is then at that point a little late.  I wish I had 
tried it when I was in my 20's or 30's (I am now 47 and am finally free 
of pain.) GOOD LUCK, YOU ARE A NICE HUSBAND TO BE CONCERNED--THIS HELPS, TOO.

[email-masked]