Subject: sinusitis

From: [email-masked] (Sarah Rutt)
Date: 18 Jan 1995 09:36:19 GMT

My father has had very bad sinusitis for many years. The doctor said it is
sometimes facial migraine as well. He had a very painful operation to try
and cure it, and it has not worked at all, despite a high success rate. I
was wondering if anyone can recommend any herbs or ANYTHING that could help
relieve the problem. At the moment he has the highest dose of pain killer
available without being in hospital which he has to take whenever the
headaches come on... and i think he would prefer something that is less
damaging to the system. However he does tend to be a bit of a skeptic...
but anything's worth a try.
Thanx,
Sarah

---

From: [email-masked] (Vicki Russell)
Date: 18 Jan 1995 15:49:42 GMT

>but anything's worth a try.

I don't have an herbal reply - though I would like to know it also.   But -- 
I wanted to make sure that your father has been tested for allergies.  
I had chronic sinusitis for many years which escalated to the point where
I had four sinus infections within a four month period (I hurt badly).  After
much fighting and arguing with my doctors (I didn't want to keep taking
the medication they were giving me), they finally sent me to an allergist.
I found out that I am allergic to just about everything in my house.   Now I
make sure I keep away from or clean up (mold/mildew) all I am allergic
to and only take medication  when I feel I am getting really bad.   Have
not had a sinus infection for two years!!!  (I had at least 2 infections a
year for at least 10 years!).

Vicki Russell