Subject: Re: BENZYL ALCOHOL!? GET SERIOUS

From: [email-masked] (GooGoo)
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 1994 20:02:11 GMT

[email-masked] (broomstick) writes:

> In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (GooGoo) writes:
> >From: [email-masked] (GooGoo)
> >Subject: Re: BENZYL ALCOHOL!? GET SERIOUS
> >Date: Fri, 16 Dec 1994 02:41:31 GMT
> 
> >[email-masked] writes:
> 
> [Long and dire warning that basically says IF YOU DRINK BENZYL ALCOHOL YOU 
> DIE, FOOL!!!!!!!!!!]
> 
> >I want to add a note to this - the original poster was NOT asking if he 
> >could get high drinking this - he was interested because if he could, he 
> >probably wouldn't use it. His religion prohibits alcohol (Muslim, I think 
> >he said). Give the man a break, please, and remember to keep these things 
> >in context, if that is possible.
> >Thanks,
> >Karen
> 
> 
> Thank you, Karen, for mentioning the original post.  Having read the Muslim 
> gentleman's post, I realize that he wouldn't, himself try this stunt.  He 
> seemed a rather thoughtful, intelligent, and concerned human being.
> 
> However, those of us who have dealt directly with human stupidity know that 
> there is some screwball out there who would read the post about "is benzyl 
> alchol intoxicating?" and think "Gee - that sounds neat, I think I'll try 
> that."  Those of us who have had to deal with the results of such demented 
> ideas of "party-down" tend to have knee-jerk reactions to even the thought of
> this happening.  I believe this post (and a simillar one I made) were not 
> intended as a slam on the first poster but rather a warning to those Darwin 
> would have described as "less fit" and the younger generation calls 
> "clueless".  Me, I favor the phrase "ignorant toad", although a toad of my 
> acquaintance finds it insulting to be compared to such poor examples of 
> humanity.
> 
> Thank you for restoring context to the flaming thread.
> 
And that you for reminding me that not everyone reads all the posts. I 
know there are people reading this for a way to get legally high, and I 
apologize to you for what may have been a little harsh reminder of the 
original.
Goddess bless,
Karen

[email-masked]    aka Prism Consulting
*****Now appearing, when called, for all your documentation needs!*****