Subject: Re: cough, cold remedies

From: [email-masked] (Dana M. Gass)
Date: 28 Dec 1994 03:41:46 GMT

For a cough and congestion, try a tea made from Marshmallow
(also known as Althea Root), Horehound, Ephedra (not too much!),
and Peppermint.  If you have trouble finding any of these herbs,
you can E-mail me for an herbal catalogue containing over 100herbs.
Bright Blessings,
Kamala
-- 
***************************************************************
KAMALA PERFUMES  YOUR AROMATHERAPY AND HERBAL SUPPLIER
627 1/2 E. GREEN ST. CHAMPAIGN, IL 61820 
CALL (217) 367-0207 OR CHECK OUR CATALOGUE AT:

---

From: [email-masked] (Aaron Ben-David)
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 1995 20:36:47 +0000

> you can E-mail me for an herbal catalogue containing over 100herbs.
Could you please give me the full latin name, or another
common name for Ephedra.  I don't see a ref. for it here
in England
-- 
Aaron

---

From: [email-masked] (David Powner)
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 1995 10:31:02 +0000

In article <[email-masked]>
> common name for Ephedra.  I don't see a ref. for it here
Several varieties - Ephedra sinica, E.equisitina, E.gerardiana -
also commonly known as Ma Huang

You'll find it's a Schedule 1 Poison here in the UK - you'll have to
negotiate with a chemist.
-- 
David Powner                   Internet: [email-masked]
Micronair {Pollution Control}  Phone   :(01782) 565816
1 Blackthorn Place             Fax     :(01782) 565834
Newcastle under Lyme           Data    :(01782) 562213 (24hr BBS to V32)
ST5 7BE          U.K.          Mobile  : 0831 879135