Subject: Hyssop to relieve bronchial spasms

From: [email-masked] (Steven Jong)
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 1994 14:41:22 GMT

Seem to notice more release of phlegm in my smokers cough after initial
ingestion of 4 caps of Hyssop.  Normally my cough is a dry cough with no
release of mucous in my mouth.  Continuing with about 100 capsules, 6
caps per day, two at a time...

---

From: [email-masked] (Hilda Marshall)
Date: 3 Jan 1995 21:00:56 GMT

[email-masked] (Carol D'Agostino) writes:

>Steven, Why not try some Pleurisy Root - a specific for health of
>the lungs.  Good luck!

What's the Latin for that?  Is it asclepias tuberosa, that has the
nifty orange flowers?

Love, Hilda

---

From: [email-masked] (Carol D'Agostino)
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 1995 20:23:07 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,

Carol
 
[email-masked]        **  Wait for the sign. Then all prisoners will **
CompuServe 73044,1326       **   be released.      Ghostbusters     **

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 4 Jan 1995 09:05:27 GMT

Hilda Marshall ([email-masked]) wrote:
: [email-masked] (Carol D'Agostino) writes:

: >Steven, Why not try some Pleurisy Root - a specific for health of
: >the lungs.  Good luck!

: What's the Latin for that?  Is it asclepias tuberosa, that has the
: nifty orange flowers?

It is indeed *Asclepias tuberosa* according to Gertrude Foster
(still one of my favorite herb authors). Also called butterfly-
weed, it was used for coughs/respiratory ailments by the "Indians".

Jan Dillon
Arizona State University, School of Agribusiness
Internet: [email-masked]