Subject: Re: Going to Mexico -- precautions?

From: [email-masked] (MissAndree)
Date: 28 Dec 1994 09:08:12 -0500

Richard M Donnelly ([email-masked]) wrote:
> I'm going to Mexico soon and would like to avoid the many possible 
> pitfalls

Richard, am on my way there as well and was told, of all things:
Coca-cola. I realize that this isn't exactly a "herbal" remedy, but what
the hell, if that's what it takes (I personally will keep this for severe
emergencies...) Also, avoid ice at ll costs, a lot of people simply don't
think of the fact that refreshing though it may be, chances are it was not
made from purified water.
Cheers!

MissAndree

---

From: "K. Hanson" <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Dec 1994 06:47:55 GMT

> made from purified water.

  Becareful if you buy any herbs there.  They use 'lots of chemicals.'
Also beware of "native' guides.  Have someone you trust find you a 
guide 'cause  otherwise they will rip-you-off. (I know this from
experience.)  A good spot to look for herbs is in the 'botanicas.'
They are small shops that specialize in herbs, relics, and paraphenilla
of Santeria.
                              Have fun!!!!
                               Kid Kaos