Subject: Re: Endometriosis

From: [email-masked] (broomstick)
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 1994 08:53:49

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Nicole Barr) writes:
>From: [email-masked] (Nicole Barr)
>Subject: Endometriosis
>Date: 18 Dec 1994 18:14:50 GMT

>In article <[email-masked]>,
>[email-masked] (Charsky) writes: 

>> I have a girl friend that suspects that she has endometriosis near her left 
>> ovary.  She is seeing a doctor because it causes severe cramping about two
>> weeks after her period.  The doctor says he can't do anything for her 

>Extreme crapming located near an ovary can also indicate a cyst.  Cysts are
>known to change during the menstrual cycle.  Don't screw around with this -
>fertility could be affected. 

Sounds like this doctor isn't taking your friend seriously.  I'd suggest a 
different doctor.  This sort of pain and cramping isn't normal.  Your friend 
needs to know what is causing this.  It may or may not be serious.  Most 
likely is ISN'T very serious, and knowing exactly what it is will probably 
make her feel better.  If it IS something serious, she needs to take care of 
it sooner rather than later.

There are very few conditions for which "nothing can be done" for real - 
that's a cop out line for doctors.  Even if the problem can't be cured it CAN 
be managed to minimize discomfort and disruption in life.

Seriously, tell your friend to get another opinion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
			|
>---Broomstick---	| "If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains,
			| however improbable, must be the truth."
			|				-- S. Holmes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------