Subject: mistletoe in cancer treatment?

From: [email-masked] (Stan Bernstein)
Date: 27 Dec 1994 14:17:09 -0500

A friend told me he recently heard over a wire service news program that 
a study had been recently done showing promising results from the use of
mistletoe to treat lung cancer. I have been unable to locate information 
on this subject. Has anyone on this forum heard about such use of mistletoe?
I would be greatly appreciative of any information which could be provided.

All best wishes/SB
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Rhona Gerber)
Date: 27 Dec 1994 22:09:53 GMT

Stan Bernstein ([email-masked]) wrote:
: A friend told me he recently heard over a wire service news program that 
: a study had been recently done showing promising results from the use of
: mistletoe to treat lung cancer. I have been unable to locate information 
: on this subject. Has anyone on this forum heard about such use of mistletoe?
: I would be greatly appreciative of any information which could be provided.

: All best wishes/SB
: [email-masked]
There is a clinic in Switzerland which has for very many years pioneered 
in the use of mistletoe therapy for the treatment of cancer. This is 
based on teachings by Rudolf Steiner. You can get more information about 
this if you contact:
The Anthroposophical Society in  America
[email-masked]

If you need more help please e-mail me for further information.
rhona

---

From: [email-masked] (Patrick Crawford)
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 1994 08:15:49

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Rhona Gerber) writes:
>From: [email-masked] (Rhona Gerber)
>Subject: Re: mistletoe in cancer treatment?
>Date: 27 Dec 1994 22:09:53 GMT

>[email-masked]

The mistletoe preparations used to treat cancer are known as Iscador and are 
made through fermentation.  Supporters believe that Iscador works by 
correcting imbalances in cell growth and division and by enhancing the immune 
system.

Iscador is usually given by injection, either as a single treatment or as part 
of a broader treatment intended to improve your immune systems functioning.  
It is supposed to be effective in treating cancers of the breast, cervix, 
ovaries, stomach, colon, and lungs.

Other sources of information are:

Physicians Association for Anthroposophical Medicine
PO Box 269
Kinberton, Pennsylvania  19442

Rudolf Steiner Fellowship Foundation
241 Hungry Hollow Rd.
Spring Valley, NY  10977
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patrick Crawford                             Snail Mail:13 Fountain Dr.
[email-masked]                                   Charlottetown, PEI
phone:(902)894-8095(home)                               Canada   C1A 6L9
      (902)894-8552(work)

---

From: [email-masked] (Margaret Young)
Date: 28 Dec 1994 03:29:24 GMT

Stan Bernstein ([email-masked]) wrote:
: A friend told me he recently heard over a wire service news program that 
: a study had been recently done showing promising results from the use of
: mistletoe to treat lung cancer. I have been unable to locate information 
: on this subject. Has anyone on this forum heard about such use of mistletoe?
: I would be greatly appreciative of any information which could be provided.
Check out Sci.Med.Diseases.Cancer, they just had a discussion going on this with
info.
margaret (who lurks here, there, but not everywhere)
: All best wishes/SB
: [email-masked]