Subject: Re: lobelia and asthma

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 95 04:26:50 EST

IH>Scott Mattes <[email-masked]> writes:

IH>>My wife was wondering if anyone has used lobelia for asthma and if it is as
IH>>affective as the ephedra.

IH>I tried it once for a bronchial flu, and it made me nauseous.

IH>Love, Hilda (who will definitely look these things up in a book before
IH>trying them in the future, to see if they have nicknames like
IH>Lobelia's:  "pukeweed!")

        Lobelia definitely does have emetic  qualities, but is sometimes
        recommended for asthma because of its relaxant and antispasmodic
        qualities.  It is a VERY potent herb. It also leaves a bitter
        burning sensation at the back of the tongue, like you have
        swallowed an ash.  Do your research, consult a good herbalist if
        one is available in your area.

        Good luck!
        Luna

        [email-masked]
---
 þ SLMR 2.0 þ Hello, I'll be your evil influence for the evening