Subject: Re: Please help...Irritable Bowel Syndrome/La

From: [email-masked] (Lev)
Date: 21 Jul 1995 23:23:34 -0400

Hi,

I have several patients w/ IBS and have a few things to add to the great
advice you've gotten so far.  There is a Chinese patent formulation called
Bu Zhong Yi Qi Wan which has proved very helpful whether it manifests as
constipation or as diarrhea.   The other is something called enteric
peppermint oil.  That is peppermint oil that is heavily coated so as not
to break open in the stomach but further down in the intestinal/ bowel
tracts.

Most of my clients are absolutely amazed how much it helps.  Though you
can make a decoction (v. strong tea) from peppermint leaves, it's no where
near as effective as the enteric oil.  You may have a bit of trouble
finding it though.  If you do, please advise and I'll try to help out.

Lev Fedyniak, ND

---

From: [email-masked] (Charles Swett)
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 1995 22:40:21 GMT

>Lev Fedyniak, ND

I have been suffering from irritable bowel syndrome for 20 years,
manifesting as chronic constipation.  But I found an absolutely
amazing way of eliminating ALL symptoms -- an incredible chinese tea
called "Dieter's Green Tea," available in Oriental groceries.  It
consists of malva verticellata and loquat leaf.  One cup right after
lunch, one cup right after dinner, and NO constipation whatsoever.
It's not a laxative.  Also, a terrific side benefit -- very slow but
noticeable weight loss.