Subject: Re: Melatonin

From: [email-masked] (just della)
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 04:17:13 GMT

[email-masked] (Stephen Kear) wrote:

>Has anyone heard of the this herb Melatonin. I saw a news story on the tv
>indicating it is usfull for people that suffer insomnia. Just how does this
>herb or vitamin work. And what is the recommended amount to take?

	i just read about it in newsweek. apparently, your body
	starts making it in decreasing amounts from puberty on.
	it is a key agent in the aging process.  it's a hormone, i
	think, not an herb, and as such, no one can patent it.  people
	are talking about it like it's the fountain of youth and a soma
	pill and a natural relaxer and sleep aid all in one.  

	anyone know more?

                     _______________________________________
                     The world can be divided into two kinds
                     of people;  those who divide the world
                     into two kinds of people, and those who
                     don't.
                    [email-masked]