Subject: Does anyone know...

From: [email-masked] (JOHN DRAPER)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 95 09:41:00 -0500

Does anyone know the herbal equivalent or the closest herbal equivalent
to the commercial drug "acepromazine"?

My cat's vet prescribes this medicine to calm a hyper cat.  After taking
1/2 of a 5mg tablet, the cat becomes quite calm and not sleepy the
way vallium effects him.

                                                Thanks...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Psychotronic BBS * Durham, NC * 919-286-7738 (v.34) / 286-4542 (v.32bis)
c/o Books Do Furnish A Room, 1809 W Markham Av, Durham, NC 27705

---

From: Graham Sorenson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 1995 21:07:52 GMT

In article: <[email-masked]>  [email-masked] (JOHN 
> 1/2 of a 5mg tablet, the cat becomes quite calm and not sleepy the

Hyperactivity can be allieviated with the use of Lavender essential oil. 
Just get a fluffy type of collar, a flea collar well washed out will be great, and put a couple 
of drops on the collar. 

Graham

-- 
Graham Sorenson                 Guide to Aromatherapy URL
http://www.dircon.co.uk/home/philrees/fragrant/index.html

---

From: [email-masked] (PHIL AND CHERYL, AND MAYBE ALEX (AGE 2) GRICE)
Date: 23 Jul 95 17:10:08 -0500

> 1/2 of a 5mg tablet, the cat becomes quite calm and not sleepy the
Why don't you try some valerian root....cats love the smell even more than
catnip.  I don't know what dosage to use, perhaps about 100mg to start with,
and see how that does. (about 1/4 of the powder in a 450mg capsule)
Good luck

Cheryl