Subject: I have round skin discolorations - what's good for it

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 95 01:12:27 -0500

I have some round discoloration, probably a fungus called ringworms, and
the discolorations are really reddish after a hot shower or hot bath.
.
What will quickly eliminate this.  They are not painful, and can't be seen
some of the time, except after a hot shower.  I tried spraying the foot
spray 'Tinactin' but it didn't do any good.
.
Does anyone have any suggestion that works?
.
Connor
[email-masked]

---

From: Graham Sorenson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 1995 11:20:15 GMT

> Does anyone have any suggestion that works?

IF IT IS RINGWORM then a blend of tea tree, lavender, and thyme is considered to be an effective 
treatment, 

Rub one drop of neat tea tree oil three times a day on the area that has the red patch, for no 
more than 10 days, then a blend of 20drops teatree, 10 drops lavender and 5 drops thyme in a 
carrier/base oil of 30ml. Rub over the area daily. 

Graham  

-- 
"New Pages" "New URL" "New Pages" "New URL"
Graham Sorenson         Guide to Aromatherapy URL
http://www.pikeperry.co.uk/ppp/fragrant/index.htm
Remember Physical man is not having a spiritual experience
But that spirtual man is having a physical experience.

---

From: [email-masked] (Callie)
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 95 10:37:00 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] wrote:
>..

Connor - 
  They aren't painful, but they are VERY CONTAGIOUS and I can't think of a 
good herbal remedy.  Do your family and friends a favor and go to the 
dermatologist for something that can penetrate down to the fungal layer and 
kill it.

Callie

---

From: David Powner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 95 08:13:56 GMT

> Does anyone have any suggestion that works?

Pot Marigold (Calendula officinalis) is one antifungal that may be applied,
either in the form of a cream or ointment, and/or  in the form of a tincture
to be used as a footbath.

Myrrh (Commiphora molmol) is another antifungal. 10 drops in 100 ml of water
to bathe the affected area.
-- 
David Powner