Subject: Re: Herbs for insomnia & anxiety?

From: [email-masked] (mtnhigh)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 1995 15:59:36 GMT

I myself use "Willard Water".  A glass before bed and I don't even
rollover until the sun comes up.  Combined with herbal teas enhances
the effect of the teas.  I find it very helpful when I have a lot on
my mind.  My wife on the other hand, is exactly opposite.  Willard
Water gives her to much energy and she can't drink it after 6 p.m.
This is a standard among Willard Water user.  It think it has to do
with the fact that I am more of a type A so it mellows me out, but my
wife can use the additional energy.  Willard Water kinds of fills in
where needed.  If you need to sleep better you might try Willard
Water.

Mark Cook
[email-masked]

[email-masked] (Suzanne E Putnam) wrote:

>One of the most pleasant herbs I have found that helps to counteract 
>anxiety, insomnia, nervous headaches and mild depression is lemon balm.  
>The fresh leaves are a lot more effective than dried, but luckily it is a 
>very easy plant to grow- either in a pot or in the garden.  (Some will 
>say not to put it in the garden, as it can be so prolific that it becomes 
>invasive, but I don't mind weeding such a pleasant smelling herb and can 
>always use what I have to pull up....)  A tea made from the fresh leaves 
>of lemon balm and a little catnip is very pleasant and always helps me to 
>relax.  Hope this helps your friend some.

>Suzie Putnam
>University of Arizona
>College of Medicine
>[email-masked]