Subject: Pycnogenol/proanthocyanidin questions

From: [email-masked] (Rick Scott)
Date: 9 Oct 1995 16:30:46 GMT

Some questions about pycnogenol/proanthocyanidins:

* How are the active ingredients extracted from the grape seeds or pine bark?

  If a solvent is used, what trace components of the solvent remain in the
  extract?

  How harmful are these components, particularly in a supplement that
  "crosses the brain/blood barrier?"

* What does "crosses the brain/blood barrier" mean anyway? Is this hype?

  What other materials cross this barrier?

  What are the possible dangers and/or contraindications of crossing?

* Can one achieve some/all of the benefits of buying an expensive pycnogenol
  supplement simply by eating grapes and chewing up the seeds?

Rick

*************************************************************
************************ Rick Scott *************************
************* S.O.U.N.D., H.E.R.B., MurMur, GATB ************
********************* [email-masked] *********************
*************************************************************