Subject: ECHINACIA How to Grow???

From: [email-masked] (NEOMASTINO)
Date: 29 Aug 1995 21:01:14 -0400

Does anyone have any growing and harvesting experience with this plant? We
would like to grow some. Know of any seed resourses or seed catalogs?
Thanks!!!

---

From: "chas." <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Aug 1995 04:12:24 GMT

We are no pros but 2 years ago we tossed a couple seeds out the back
door.  This year there are abour 45 cones and it is relatively huge
(3 foot tall!)

I live deep in the Missouri Ozarks and they grow like weeds on all these back dirt roads.

Chuck 'n Carmen.

---

From: [email-masked] (RAVENDNCR)
Date: 30 Aug 1995 09:09:08 -0400

justa bout every seed company  sells the seeds of Echinacea
angustifolia--- Richter's (C. Richter frequents this group), Burpee,  etc.
 I have had no luck growing it in Northern Virginia--must be the red clay.