Subject: Garlic Oil for Ear Infection!!!

From: [email-masked] (LPew)
Date: 8 Aug 1995 11:58:05 -0400

Hello -
My experiences with most all ear infections, strongly suggest the use of
pure garlic oil - inserted into both ears.  I use garlic oil capsules from
Walmart\\\          This has never failed me, and usually works over the
course of one night.  An exacto knife is used to prick 1 end of the garlic
oil capsule, and liquid is squeezed into BOTH ears. (Even if only 1 ear is
in pain.)  Gently insert cotton into ears, to hold in garlic oil.  It's
too bad that conventional doctors have been trained to tell you that this
doesn't work, etc...

---

From: Michael Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: 9 Aug 1995 20:25:02 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> LPew, [email-masked] writes:
>Path: mack.rt66.com!bug.rahul.net!a2i!genmagic!sgigate.sgi.com!spool.mu.edu>    !howland.reston.ans.net!news-e1a.megaweb.com!newstf01.news.aol.com>    !newsbf02.news.aol.com!not-for-mail
>From: [email-masked] (LPew)
>Newsgroups: alt.folklore.herbs
>Subject: Garlic Oil for Ear Infection!!!
>Date: 8 Aug 1995 11:58:05 -0400
>Organization: America Online, Inc. (1-800-827-6364)
>Lines: 10
>Sender: [email-masked]
>Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
>Reply-To: [email-masked] (LPew)
>NNTP-Posting-Host: newsbf02.mail.aol.com
>
>
>Hello -

One should be VERY CAREFUL...the oils or suspensions of garlic that are to
be found in the various garlic supplements, admirable as they are for many
of us, are NOT OIL OF GARLIC!!!   Oil of Garlic consists of the solvent
extracted aromatics from garlic, manufactured in much the same way as Oil 
of Sandalwood.  Oil of Garlic is commercially available (although quite
pricey) and is pugnacious and morbidly pungent...and VERY CAUSTIC.  I 
stopped selling it in my store a few years ago after a parent purchased
it and, with loving misconception, used it in her childs ear.  The oil
burned and reddened the tissues of the ear canal and necessitated medical
attention

This is OIL OF GARLIC, not the steeped oil or the craftily extracted 
illicins suspended in safflower oil that are to be found in garlic
"perls".
The latter is probably a fine application (as is a little warm olive oil
or steeped mullen flower oil).  

I'm not being critical, just attempting clarification...I learned the
difference the hard way.

Michael Moore ([email-masked])

(FTP and WWW)
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/academic/medicine/alternative-healthcare/
Southwest-School-of-Botanical-Medicine/
(WWW)
http://www.crl.com/~robbee/herbal.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------
All the SWSBM teaching and clinical manuals, JPEGs of Medicinal Plant
photographs and class announcements can be obtained at these sites.