Subject: Re: A pickup/energy lift that is not caffine!

From: [email-masked] (Caroline Bader)
Date: 10 Sep 1995 03:22:31 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
(Carlene Paquette) wrote:

> STEPHEN YOUNG ([email-masked]) writes:
> > Greetings all,
> >       Could someone please give me some suggestions on a replacement of 
> > my coffee habit. It is not that bad I have between 1 and 2 cups of coffee 
> > a day and usually not any more. The thing is I would like to get off of 
> > coffee all together for a little while. Any and all ADVICE or SUGGESTIONS 
> > welcomed!
> >           chow,
> >               Stephen
> 
> I don't drink coffee or tea but am a real soda addict upon occasion.  What
> I use to curb the habit is powdered fruit juice.  I use this stuff called
> splash (sorta like tang but yummier) with fructose as the sweetener.  It
> tastes great and the slow release of sugars from the fructose provides a
> boost in energy.  It is a great after sport drink as well.
> 
> Carlene
> 
> --
> "I'm thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said...  
>        'I drank what?'" - from "Real Genius"
> Carlene Paquette - Now Employed Geographer at Large - Ottawa, Ontario

I have some friends who swear by Blue-Green Algae, by Cell Tech.  Cell
Tech harvests the stuff from Klamath Lake in Oregon, and then distributes
it through the beloved pyramid system, so it ends up being somewhat
expensive.  But I've heard such good things about it, you might find it's
worth it.  It's supposed to provide you with all of the minerals that your
body needs, so you end up with tons of money.  Cell Tech can be reached at
800-800-6069.  I don't think you can order directly from them, but they
can probably give you the name of a distributor in your area.  (I am not a
distributor, in case you think I'm shamelessly promoting this product.)

Carrie

---

From: Maggie Houston <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Sep 1995 13:22:14 GMT

Have you thought of Chicory root and the humble Dandelion root.  They 
make a great coffee substiture.  And you will help your liver functions.  You 
may not feel a burst of energy, but used with suppliments and organic foods 
you will feel an overall well being.  Best Wishes and Good Health, Maggie