Subject: milk processing fungus

From: [email-masked] (Dick Dawson)
Date: 5 Oct 1995 07:32:53 GMT

I'm looking for info on a milk processing fungus.

I've heard it's called a mushroom.  It looks more like your brain on
semtex.  Or more prosaically like tapioca pudding.

It gets fed whole milk.  By pouring milk over it.  And likes room
temperature.

The milk gets modified to something like yogurt.  Or maybe more like
kefir.  Similar taste.

The yogified milk is the stuff to drink, not the fungus stuff.

Dosage: supposedly 1/4l for 20 days, then 10 days off; repeat cycle.

It's said to cure everything including cancer.

It's said to turn black and die if in contact with metal.

It's said to come from Tibet, possibly by way of Switzerland.

Anybody know what it is, common and scientific names, any other
info?

Anyone know the subscription address for herb-l?

email replies appreciated.

Dick
[email-masked]
http://web.syr.edu/~ddawson