Subject: I have a cold HELP!!

From: [email-masked] (StamperLSD)
Date: 7 Oct 1995 20:46:30 -0400

Is there any herbs that can help me get over this dang cold??!! Please
helP!

---

From: [email-masked] (Jennifer B. Jakiel)
Date: 7 Oct 1995 22:55:49 -0700

StamperLSD ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Is there any herbs that can help me get over this dang cold??!! Please
: helP!

My favorites:

Vitamin C - Large doses, this is water-soluble and doesn't build up 
   dangerously in body tissues (I've seen people take it in doses as
   high as 1000mg per hour for the duration of the cold) 
Garlic capsules, preferably odorless (unless you don't mind the smell), 
   3-5 per day (an excellent antiviral agent) 
Echinacea tea (or whatever form you prefer), three cups per day or as 
   needed (good for general cold symptoms) 
Ephedra/Ma Huang tea, three or four cups per day as needed for congestion,
   but no more than perhaps eight (you probably will not need nearly this
   much)
Peppermint tea, as needed for sore throat and congestion (almost as good
   as ma huang, and tastes better, especially with honey) 

Some people I know prefer a blend of echinacea and goldenseal for colds
and flu, but I've never tried the blend myself.

Some non-herbal recommendations:
Hot shower once per day (don't worry about wet hair, as long as you keep
 warm and covered, this shouldn't be a problem, and the shower can make
 you feel clean (a definite plus!) and invigorated... especially good if
 you're feeling listless)
Long naps, and a full night's sleep (rest is important!)
Plenty of fluids, preferably water and juice
Chicken soup (I like to spike mine with Mrs. Dash (gods know what herbs are
 in that stuff, but it couldn't hurt!))
Keep warm, but not too warm, but don't let yourself get chilled either
Keep stress during your convalescence time to a minimum

Hope this helps

-jen

---

From: Brad Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: 8 Oct 1995 15:30:36 GMT

[email-masked] (StamperLSD) wrote:
>Is there any herbs that can help me get over this dang cold??!! 
>Please help!
=====================================================
This is how I got into marketing ONE LIFE products, a cold.
A friend sent me a bottle of Echinacea original formula. I 
used it and couldn't believe my results. Right now you can 
get a (90 count) bottle free, paying only $4.00 S/H by calling
800.493.2328 ext.6743  As I found out about their other products
I used the Echinacea and Garlic for colds. I take one tablet
every two hours if I have a cold. Of course now I rarely get one
since I take 3 tablets per day.
Visit ... http://shops.net/shops/BeHealthy for more information.

Sincerely, Brad