Subject: Ginko Biloba and Caffein

From: [email-masked] (Joseph Davis)
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 1995 08:55:00 -0700

SE>SE>Message-ID: <[email-masked]
SE>Newsgroups: alt.drugs.caffeine,sci.med.nutrition,alt.folklore.herbs
SE>Organization: Calgary Free-Net

SE>I am a grad student facing a thesis defence within the next couple of
SE>months.  I would like to be in top form for this.  I've read recently t
SE>the herb ginko biloba can increase alertness, short term memory and so
SE>forth, and that it does this by somehow augmenting bood circulation in 
SE>the small vessels in the brain. Is there anything to this? Has anyone o
SE>there tried this herb and found that it works?  Also, I expect to rely 
SE>good old caffeine to get me through as well.  So I am wondering: how 
SE>might caffeine interact with ginko?  I've heard that caffeine constrict
SE>blood vessels and that ginko dilates them- might the two substances can
SE>eachother out?

SE>I'd be very interested in hearing from anyone who has personal experien
SE>with ginko, and also from anyone who is educated about the chemistry an
SE>affects of ginko and/or caffeine.

SE>thanks!

SE>Susan

Susan, I have a Ginkgo biloba (female) near me, and yes it does increase my 
alertness, when it drops its fruit it keeps me awake with the smell the 
fruit smells like dog vomit.  From a odor standpoint, you migh consider 
collecting the fruit while you are typing your thesis.

Good Luck

Joe

---
 * WR 1.32 # 735 *  Spring makes everything young again except me!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internet: [email-masked] (Joseph Davis)
-  The Electronic Grapevine, Napa, CA  (707) 257-2338
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------