Subject: Herb to boost hormones

From: [email-masked] (england)
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 95 16:59:07 GMT

Hi All!
  Can anyone tell me the names of some herbs that help the body produce 
progesterone?  I am 6 weeks pregnant and my level is quite low.  I've 
read about black cohosh, but was warned against using it while pregnant.
Does anyone know of any others that might help?

Melanie
[email-masked]

---

From: Tamara <[email-masked]>
Date: 8 Nov 1995 05:59:08 GMT

> Does anyone know of any others that might help?

You can research False Unicorn Root tincture which is recommended for
 threatened miscarriage due to hormonal causes.  According to all sources
that I've checked out (about 10), it is safe to 
take while pregnant. 
Also check out Dioscorea (Wild Yam) and Vitex Agnus Castus, which I'm not 
sure if they are safe to take while pregnant, but Wild Yam is supposedly a
progesterone precursor, and Vitex stimulates the pituitary to produce
hormones.  And check out Rehmannia (Chinese herb) which I haven't found a
lot of information on.

Good luck,

Tamara