Subject: Re: Legal marijuana substitute?

From: [email-masked] (Mark & Victoria Goswitz )
Date: 10 Sep 1995 14:45:48 GMT

I know the request for personal email was made, but I think this is a
public interest...No flame here, just some suggestions and dare i say
wisdom.  Anyway, I am a recovering alcoholic-addict.  I know you want
to help this friend be his lively calm self, but if he needs pot to
attain this feature in his being, he is using pot as a narcotic and is
doing himself some major damage.  His brain cells are dying and his
memory is going down the tubes.  You should send him to an Narcotics
Annonymous meeting and let him find out why he cant function the same
without pot as he does with it.  When I drank, smoked pot and snorted
cocaine I was the life of the party, became very courageous, felt
thinner, taller, calmer, friendlier etc...As soon as I was sober, I was
a miserable, frantic, nervous, unfriendly person.  I could no longer
create, or write, or make love, or do anything.  Drugs never made me
better, it just anesthetized me so I could get through the day.  So if
you care about this person, let him get some help, not get him
alternative ways to get high.  This is a bamboozle on his part.  He is
just playing games with himself if he thinks pot is treating anything
other than drug addiction and abuse, which is the mental illness you
mention in your original post.  Please dont think I am flaming, I am
not...He needs to get honest with himself and quick.
Victoria, Dallas Texas

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 95 08:08:40 -0700

you can have your friend move to oregon where we (hemp-friendly ppl) are
working to get hemp legalised, not just for use for clothing, paper, and rope,
but also to legalise its by-product, marijuana, which will be sold
in the state liquor stores, by the cigarette or joint and the proceeds of
which will be filtered into the educational system of oregon....but i di-
gress...we are working on this proposition to get it on the ballot in front of
the oregonian ppl by the november 1997 election...BUT...we have
only until the end of 1996 to achieve the 80M signatures necessary.
 
at any rate...this WILL pass and oregon will be the first state to have
legalised hemp for its varied uses.
 
so, if your friend comes to oregon, which is already somewhat hemp-friendly,
and works with the oregon hemp society...he'll be on his way to a better universe.

a(n) unicorn is slightly bigger than an arabian horse and yet smaller than
pegasus.  she/he does not have wings nor more than one horn on its head.

---

From: Maggie Houston <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Sep 1995 13:15:45 GMT

Hi Lisa, you are a blessing to your Friend,  unfortunately, this society wants 
to legislate and contol everything.  There are some legal ways to achieve 
peace and serenity with out an illegal drug.  One of the very best is with 
deep breathing.  He needs to find a teacher or get a book on the subject to 
learn how to calm himself using this technique.  As for herbs their are several, 
Catnip, chamomile, and skull cap are three that come to mind.  Use one at a 
time or mix and match.  He needs to develop a sensitivity as to what each 
may be doing for him.  Make a tea using slightly cooled boiled water-2 cups 
to 1/4 oz of herb. steep for at least 20 minutes, add honey if desired, drink 
and feel calm and relaxed.  Best wishes and Good heath, Maggie