Subject: Re: Herbal remedy for yeast infection ?

From: [email-masked] (Paul Iannone)
Date: 09 Nov 1995 08:49:47 GMT

In message ID <[email-masked]> on 11/8/95,
[email-masked] wrote:

: In article (Lori M. Holder-Webb) wrote:
: 
: 
: > Hey, I have a question...how do the yogurt cultures stay active if they 
: > are frozen?  I haven't ever seen frozen yogurt with live cultures. Where 
: > do you get it?
: > 
: > An addendum:  I have tried live culture yogurt for yeast infections, and 
: > had positive results.  I have also found that this regimen is effective 
: > in warding off canker sores. (Why? I don't know...some old wife told me 
: > this and it worked for me!)
: > 
: > Lori,
: 
: Most of our local Pittsburgh grocery stores (Giant Eagle, Shop'N'Save)
: carry Crowley's frozen yogurt in the ice cream section.  I read the label
: before I bought it to make sure it had live cultures.  I think there's
: also a toll-free number on the carton, so you can call and ask them about
: how live cultures stay active when frozen.  They explained it to me, but I
: can't remember what they said.  All I really cared about was finding
: something I could eat and benefit from, and it seemed to work for me.
: 
: susan

Frozen yoghurt is plain old bad for you, if consumed at all regularly. This
kind of muck is very hard on the Stomach. Whatever benefits you may get
bacterially, you are losing in the long run. 

--Paul  ||  [email-masked]
--

---

From: "melissa.abraham" <[email-masked]>
Date: 9 Nov 1995 17:50:18 GMT

Hey Paul -- 

Why is it bad for you?  What does it do to one's stomach?

Just curious.  

Melissa