Subject: Re: need help finding Japanese herb

From: [email-masked] (Paul Iannone)
Date: 09 Aug 1995 07:12:11 GMT

In message ID <[email-masked]> SAID:
: Can anyone suggest a mail-order source (or a local shop that is willing
:  to ship) the ancient East Asian herbal preparation KOOT.  It stands
:  for Kakkon-Oren-Ogon-To.  It is the water extract from 4 herbs
:  (Pueraria, Licroice, Scute, Coptis) mixed in a defined ratio.
:  A researcher in a Tokyo hospital has done some promising work using
:  KOOT to treat ulcerative colitis and crohn's disease.
: 
:  I was told that another name for it may be Ge gen Huang lian Huang
: qin Tang.

Infuriating. Not 'may be'--IS. Now go to any acupuncturist and ask them to
order it for you from their suppliers, or go to Chinatown and ask them to mix
it with raw herbs and take it home and cook it. I even gave you the
proportions.

Let me burst your bubble, since you appear to be approaching this from the
back end. This formula is not THE CURE for colitis. There are several
possible diagnoses available, and this formula will only assist in ONE of
them. While you're talking to the acupuncturist, ask them if you even HAVE
colitis due to Heat. If not, the formula may very well MAKE THE CONDITION YOU
DO HAVE, WORSE.

There is a science to this treatment of serious disease, and I advise you to
make use of it.

- sent via an evaluation copy of BulkRate (unregistered).
--

---

From: [email-masked] (LAFinMD)
Date: 12 Aug 1995 18:28:45 -0400

i had a friend who liked good sake.  he made friends with japanese airline
pilots and or stewards/stewardesses who brought it in for him.   it should
work for KOOT.