Subject: Re: ginger

From: [email-masked] (somebody)
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 95 06:33:25 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
   [email-masked] (Ron Myers) wrote:
>In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (EP RN) writes:
>>From: [email-masked] (EP RN)
>>Subject: Re: ginger
>>Date: 2 Nov 1995 04:02:10 -0500
>
>>John Egan <[email-masked]> asked about ginger:
>
>>Ginger Root (Zingiber officinale):  
>
>>Part used:  root.  
>
>>Effective forms:  tea, tincture, capsules, syrup, gargle, compress.  
>
>>Therapeutic profile:  a warming circulatory stimulant and body cleansing
>>herb, with excellent effectiveness for cramping, indigestion, nausea,
>>coughs, sinusitis and sore throat.
>
>>Uses:  as a catalyst in all formulas where circulation to the extremities
>>is needed (as in arthritis); for respiratory and clearing of the
>>lung/chest; in digestive system stimulants and alkalizers for clearing
>>gas; as an aid in promoting menstrual regularity and relief from cramping
>>and sluggishness; for all kinds of nausea, motion sickness and morning
>>sickness; as a direct compress with cayenne to stimulate venous
>>circulation; as a catalyst in nervine and sedative formulas; as a gargle
>>and part of a sore throat syrup; as a diaphoretic where sweating is needed
>>to remove toxic wastes; as a stimulant to the kidneys for extra filtering
>>activity; externally as a compress for muscle pulls and ligament strains.
>
>>You can email me if you need recipes for specific ailments.
>
>>Elizabeth Powell, R.N.
>
>  Sounds like a cure all.  Can I just take a tablet or two daily for many 
>problems?  I I do that what would be the reccomended dose?
>   Ron
>   
>
>Ronald Myers                                 Phone:    (217)333-1070
>Broadcast Engineer                           FAX:      (217)244-6386
>WILL-TV                                      Internet: [email-masked]
>University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Dear Ron,
Taking a tablet or two will do no harm at all. Let me know if you need some 
herbal advice.  Regards.
Abner
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Michael Jones)
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 1995 23:28:00 -0500

>  please tell me about ginger. a friend swears by it for
 > inflammation.  thanks, tae
Hello,

Ginger, well let me tell you that Ginger is one of the most versatile herbal 
stimulants. You can take it alone or with other herbs. It can be used for 
indigestion, cramps, or nasea.

For your question about inflammation, yes you are quite right. Used externally 
ginger is applied as a fomentation for this treatment of inflammation or stiff 
joints.

Here's what to do..

 Simmer five ounces of graded ginger root in two quarts of water for ten 
minutes.  Strain and soak a cloth in the water to apply to the affected area. 
Change the cloth to keep a warm temperature to the skin.  The skin will become 
red.
There are other formulas but this should help with what you asking about.
Hope this helps!

Herbally yours,

Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internet: [email-masked] (Michael Jones)
This message was processed by the Good People at the WISE BBS
(905)732-2524 -*- Fido 1:247/336
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------