Subject: Re: I need a good shampoo

From: [email-masked] (Libby)
Date: 7 Nov 1995 20:51:48 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Jennifer B. Jakiel) says:
>
>DAVIDS KEY ([email-masked]) wrote:
>: Can you suggest a good shampoo.  My hair is dry and I have tried the
>: better shampoos in local drug stores.  I read about vegetable based
>: shampoos but can't seem to find any.  I bought an herbal shampoo from
>: health food store with lots of herbs and coconut soap, but it is worse
>: than the drug store shampoos.
>
>: Thanks for your help
>
>Dry hair?  Try a hot oil treatment.  I have a recipe for one using olive
>oil and rosemary... one cup oil to a half cup herb.  Heat together and 
>allow to cool to a comfortably warm temperature.  Apply to your hair with
>a cotton ball and wrap your hair in a towel.  Leave on for 10-20 minutes,
>then shampoo out (it will probably take several shampoos).  This should only
>be used every 3-4 weeks.  I understand marshmallow tea rinsed over the hair
>is also good for dryness.
>
>-jen
>

Try Aveda shampoo -- I use the Aveda Shampure and it is excellent.

Libby