Subject: Re: Sinus Probs

From: Natasha Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 1995 23:41:54 +1000

On Sun, 6 Aug 1995, E F wrote:

> [email-masked] (Terry Stanner) writes:
> 
> >Does anybody have any information on the use of garlic to clear sinuses?
> >Can you take too much garlic?  What other effects does it have?  Are 
> >there any alternatives?
> >Any help appreciated.

Terry,
Yes there are reasons why you should not take to much garlic, or at least 
not for to long. Garlic is an antibiotic, and like other antibiotics long 
term use means that the resident flora of the gut will be disturbed, and 
bacteria that is unwanted will become stronger and more resistant to 
combat, therefore when you really need to use garlic to fight infection, 
it will be of no use. Other alternative to garlic for sinus problems are 
horseradish, Myrrh, Ground Ivy, Golden Rod, and a lot of people find that 
cutting out dairy products is all that they need.

Natasha.