Subject: Re: Deodorant rock ?

From: [email-masked] (Layne)
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 03:23:22 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Rima Cooke ) writes:
>From: [email-masked] (Rima Cooke )
>Subject: Re: Deodorant rock ?
>Date: 2 Oct 1995 02:49:31 GMT

>In <[email-masked]>
>"Cissy . Thorpe" <[email-masked]> writes: 
>>
>>Yes, it's for real - mostly aluminum chloride (naturally occuring). 
>Wet 
>>the thing and rub it on the sweaty spots (my SIL uses it on her feet)
>and 
>>no more sweat-hence no smell
>>
>>Be careful - it acutally blocks the sweat glands.  Like some OTC 
>>deodrants/antiperspants (Mitchem) it shouldn't be used daily.

>Actually, the deodorant crystal is NOT an anti-perspirant. That's why
>it's probably healthier as there are very good reasons for perspiring!
>It does prevent the growth of the bacteria that causes odor - and does
>it very well.  

It works great!  I apply it as I get out of the shower (dry your hands so it 
doesn't slip out of your hand) when I'm still wet so the whole chrystal 
doesn't have to get wet and slippery!

It is wonderful if you have clothes that you don't want to have stained by 
deoderant chemicals.  I have several silk shirts and the chrystal hasn't 
ruined them like the other stuff did!