Subject: Re: herbal help for lung cancer?

From: [email-masked] (Nighthunter)
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 08:27:38 -0500

In article <[email-masked]>,
[email-masked] (Todd Caldecott) wrote:

> In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (name)
wrote:
> 
> > I am asking this for a friend who has a localized sarcoma on his
lung.  He is 
> > undergoing traditional treatment, right now chemo for 3-5 days and then 3-5 
> > weeks off.  He would like to know how to help detox after chemo, build his 
> > blood, etc.   He has been told to take antioxidants between chemo sessions.
> > Any suggestions? 
> 
> This is not the arena in which to treat something like cancer
> effectively.  Seek some qualified professional help.
> 
> -- 
> Regards... [email-masked]

Lynn, since your friend is already getting medical treatment for his
cancer, and has been told to use antioxidants between treatments, my
suggestion is to use vitamin and mineral therapy. There are lots of good
books out there on what vitamins are good for what needs. Perhaps your
friend's doctor would be willing to sit down with him and discuss a
vitamin/mineral regimine that will help build his body's defenses back up.

The nutrients that spring to mind are vitamins E & C, but I'm sure other
specific recommendations could be made by his doctor. A carefully balanced
diet of whole foods is also important, along with avoidance of all the
chemicals in processed foods.

Hugs to you and your friend. I've seen the aftermath of chemo treatments
and he probably doesn't feel very good afterwards. The results are worth
the effort, though. Take care of both of yourselves.

Susan