Subject: Re: Basil Oil and acne

From: Phyllis Woods <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Sep 1995 03:36:49 GMT

[email-masked] (Danny Rossi) wrote:
>
>Hello everyone....
>
>I read somewhere that basil oil is said to be the best cure/or treatment 
>for acne.  Is it true?
>
>If it is, can you tell me how I should use it?  I have a terrible acne 
>problem on my back.  I've tried everything, and nothing worked.  I do not 
>wan tto use chemicals anymore becuase they don't work and htey are so 
>artifical.  I tried some herbal rememdies but they never worked, or were 
>too harsh on my skin.  I am hoping basil oil would be the one that can 
>work for me.
>
>-- 
> +d---------b+
>     \_O_/  
>       V     "...voglio festeggiare questa sfigata con te"  --883
>     _/ \_         Daniele Rossi  [email-masked]

I have never heard of basil oil as a use for acne.  In aromatherapy, the 
oil, extracted from the leaves, if often combined with hyssop, bergamot, 
or geranium oils as a stimulating massage for depression.

Some better choices for acne are:

Garlic - an antibacterial and antifungal; good antiseptic action for 
infected skin conditions.  Rub the affected areas with a cut clove.  Add 
lots of garlic to your cooking.  Limit the odor by eating parsley.  
Because Garlic has such a strong odor it's best to use at bedtime.

Cabbage - an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory; nutritive and healing. 
 Liquidize 250 g fresh leaves with 250 ml distilled witch hazel, strain, 
add 2 drops of lemon oil, and use as a lotion.  

Tea Tree Oil - This is good stuff.  A potent antibacterial for infected 
skin conditions.  Add 1 ml tea tree oil to 10 ml water or equal 
quantities of rosewater and distilled witch hazel.  Use as a lotion.

Best of luck.
Phyllis Woods