Subject: Re: Herbal remedy for yeast infection ?

From: Tamara <[email-masked]>
Date: 8 Nov 1995 05:20:21 GMT

[email-masked] wrote:
>
> > >Hi
> > >
> > >Any suggestions on herbal remedies for yeast infections ? I have read so
> > >many books and the more I read the more confused I get. Would appreciate 
> > >your help.
> > >Thanks,
> > >Sara

2 acidopholus capsules (usually need to be refrigerated) inserted in the
vagina before each night until symptoms are gone works great!

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 8 Nov 1995 21:20:53 GMT

In article (Lori M. Holder-Webb) wrote:

> Hey, I have a question...how do the yogurt cultures stay active if they 
> are frozen?  I haven't ever seen frozen yogurt with live cultures. Where 
> do you get it?
> 
> An addendum:  I have tried live culture yogurt for yeast infections, and 
> had positive results.  I have also found that this regimen is effective 
> in warding off canker sores. (Why? I don't know...some old wife told me 
> this and it worked for me!)
> 
> Lori,

Most of our local Pittsburgh grocery stores (Giant Eagle, Shop'N'Save)
carry Crowley's frozen yogurt in the ice cream section.  I read the label
before I bought it to make sure it had live cultures.  I think there's
also a toll-free number on the carton, so you can call and ask them about
how live cultures stay active when frozen.  They explained it to me, but I
can't remember what they said.  All I really cared about was finding
something I could eat and benefit from, and it seemed to work for me.

susan

[email-masked]