Subject: Migrains

From: [email-masked] (Keith Hutner)
Date: 4 Nov 1995 02:59:18 GMT

Can anyone suggest a substance to help with migrains? I've been using all 
      over the counter & prescriptions for too many years !

-
     HUTNER  [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Maggie Maxwell)
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 1995 21:31:30 GMT

[email-masked] (John Talmadge) wrote:

>In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
>(Keith Hutner) wrote:

>For what it's worth, the "Herbal Roulette" article in this months Consumer
>Reports lists Feverfew as a potential migraine remedy.
>            Jet.

I have used feverfew (Migrafew) for almost a year with excellent
results.  Before using it I had regular, bad migraines, now they are
rare and mild.  There have been many similar stories in this group and
in alt.support.headaches.migraine.  For a while there was some concern
that  feverfew taken over a long period might adversely affect smooth
muscle tissue, but further reports have indicated that the low dosage
for migraine has no adverse effect.  Feverfew needs to be taken on a
daily basis as a preventative.  It took about three months before the
migraines were under control, but it was well worth the wait.
	Maggie