Subject: burning feet - any herbal remedies?

From: [email-masked] (Tcumminsrn)
Date: 21 Jul 1995 21:53:08 -0400

Does anyone know of a herbal remedy for "burning feet"?  My grandmom
always complains of her feet burning.  Doctors can't figure out why or for
what purpose.  She isn't a diabetic nor does she have any circulation
problems.  I am a nurse but no one can figure it out.  Just thought I
would ask my colleagues here on the herbal board.  Thanks for any help
anyone can give.

---

From: [email-masked] (JamesK81)
Date: 23 Jul 1995 23:55:01 -0400

<<Does anyone know of a herbal remedy for "burning feet"?  My grandmom
anyone can give>>

She may have erythmalagia, which means simply red hot feet.  There is no
known cause or cure. Most of my patients get almost immediate relief with
applications of cold - anything from walking on a cold tile floor to
resting the feet on an ice bag off and on for a few minutes.  The
condition is typically worse in the evenings and at night.  It will of
course return again tomorrow and need to be addressed again.  But it isn't
serious; unless you're the one with the burning feet.  This is a not an
uncommon problem in a podiatric practice.
JamesK81