Subject: Incense, tea and scented candles.

From: [email-masked] (Ceci Henningsson)
Date: 22 Jul 1995 22:08:35 GMT

I have some questions about my summer holiday herbal craft projects.
Maybe someone here has done something similar and can help me?

1. I'm making scented candles. It seems to take an awful lot of oil to
get the candle to smell while burning. Could I use finely ground herbs
in addition to oils? Or perhaps herbs only?

2. A catnip incense batch was spoiled by humid weather. When I burned
a small sample, it had that icky, sour smoke smell so typical of
incense that isn't completely dry. Can I save the incense somehow?  I
used quite a lot of catnip for it, so I'm willing to go to some
lengths to get value for my growing effort.

3. How do I get a fresh fruity flavour in herbal teas? Can I use dried
fruit? Can I dry berries myself? If so, what fruits and berries would
be suitable?

Herbal blessings,
--Ceci
--
===[email-masked]=========http://www.lysator.liu.se/~ceci=========
"Vorbedingung des kuenstlerischen Schaffens ist nicht, ein Ereignis
 oder ein Motiv so "rein" anzuschauen, dass es auf das betrachtende
 Subjekt gar keine Wirkung hat." Hermann Leber in _Aquarellieren_lernen_