Subject: Re: Bladderor urinary tract infection

From: [email-masked] (Jon Hoffman)
Date: 12 Aug 1995 18:01:17 GMT

Cranberry and Bluberry juice are excellent for Urinary 
infections. The junk at the super markets is mostly water and Sugar, A 
healthfood store might carry the fresh juice or at least capsules that 
work well. The supermarket stuff will help, however.
	Best wishes,
	  -Jon

---

From: [email-masked] (Don Wiss)
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 1995 01:08:26 GMT

>work well. The supermarket stuff will help, however.

I remember hearing somewhere, that because the supermarket stuff has so
little cranberry, that the best was to buy cranberry concentrate at the
health food store and mix it in with orange juice. Have never looked for it
so I don't know how the concentrate is sold.

Don.

---

From: Paul Anacker <[email-masked],[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Aug 1995 10:07:30 GMT

My understanding is that you have to take true cranberry juice.
That is supposed to cause the body to become alkaline and that
helps get rid of the infections (and kidney stones).  When I
was originally told about this (by an allopathic MD!) I was
told NOT to get the cranberry juice cocktail because it would
make my body more acidic and not help.  Anyone with more or
other info please post.

PCA

---

From: [email-masked] (smiller)
Date: 13 Aug 1995 19:30:20 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>
Paul Anacker <[email-masked],[email-masked]> writes:

> I was

Cranberry juice doesn't work simply because of the acidity it imparts -
otherwise, lemonade would work as well.  It prevents bacteria from
adhering to the bladder walls.  It doesn't matter how you get your
cranberry juice - cocktail, health food store concentrate, what have
you.  The only problem with it is the store variety is SO sugary, and
when you have to drink so much of it, it can make you light-headed.  I
would love it if I could find unsweetened cranberry juice!

---

From: [email-masked] (Duane Weed, D.C.)
Date: 13 Aug 1995 23:04:17 GMT

>make my body more acidic and not help.  Anyone with more or

    I don't think that the cocktail has enough cranberry juice to be more
than marginally effective. It is mostly watered down corn syrup. Try canned
asparagus (1-2  12 oz cans a day along with the juice.) It works better.
    There is also a Cranberry/Buchu combination (in capsules) put out by
Nature's Sunshine that holds some promise for you cranberry adherents.

    Dr. Duane Weed, DC  <*>  E-Mail request for my FREE Herb
    [email-masked]   <*>  Guide/Catalog. Include address.