Subject: Re: glaucoma

From: Adam Van Wirdum <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Jul 1995 12:41:51 GMT

[email-masked] wrote:
>
> 
> 
> >> > Has anyone had any success in the use of herbs for Glaucoma?
> >> > I was recently diagnosed with it and am searchings out 
> >> > alternatives to the normally prescribed drugs which have all 
> >> > kinds of side effects.
>  
> 
> I have read articles indicating that glutathione is depleted in eyes with 
> glaucoma. Vitamin C can increase glutathione levels, as can NAC.  don't know 
> if they can have an effect quickly enough though.

Has anyone heard of treating  Glaucoma with Pasque Flower

I have never heard of this herb being used for glaucoma.  It is an
antispasmodic useful for dysmenorrhea and tension headaches.

Recently the Canberra  (OZ) government decreed that it would allow
personal use of Marijuana for medical use such as glaucoma.
The wosers sceamed however and the legislation was not passed.
MBTFG