Subject: Help! Perm. Numb Tongue After Shot!

From: Steve Hasz <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Aug 1995 05:58:14 GMT

I would be forever grateful if someone could help my aunt.  
She went to what we thought was a good dentist a couple of months 
ago and he gave her a shot of novacaine in the back of her mouth 
to work on a backmost tooth.  Since that day, half her tongue is 
numb.  He must have struck a nerve going to the tongue.  She has 
a little feeling in it, but has no taste on that side, bites it 
occasionally because she can't feel it, and feels like she is 
having trouble enunciating.  She also has dry mouth and is 
chewing gum special gum for it.  

My question is will the feeling come back and are there any 
treatments or herbs that would help?

Thank You,

Steve Hasz

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 30 Aug 1995 03:30:05 GMT

>treatments or herbs that would help?

I also had this problem after wisdom tooth removal.
I had to relearn how to talk and eat!
My numbness slowly went away after six months.

Good luck.