Subject: Re:identify damiana

From: [email-masked] (Claire Dechon)
Date: 10 Sep 1995 13:22:55 GMT

Hello all......I recently purchased some homeopathic items with a common
ingredient of Damiana. Can anyone give me the low down on this herb.
I can't find it in any of my books.   thanks        claireD

---

From: [email-masked] (SMills1138)
Date: 11 Sep 1995 23:05:29 -0400

From: MEDICINAL PLANTS OF CALIFORNIA  
Copyright 1995 by Tim Johnson  
  
TURNERA DIFFUSA - Useful in small quantities for stomache ailments.  Mild
aphrodisiac and   marijuana-like euphoriant lasting 1-1.5 hours when
smoked. Smoke is harshon lungs, and best used in a  water-pipe. Regular,
moderate use has a tonic effect on the sexual organs. Also aids hormonal
imbalances and gives energy to limbs. Some say excessive long-term use may
be toxic to the liver. A liqueur called Creme de Damiana is manufactured
in Guadalajara in Mexico. - action: aphrodisiac, euphoriant [Tends to
produce euphoria.] , purgative [Cleanses or purges, especially causing
evacuation of the bowels.] , tonic [Restores or increases body tone,
producing or stimulating physical, mental, or emotional vigor.]  -  
common name: damiana - mail-order source: fch [Frontier Cooperative Herbs;
3021 78th St.; P.O. Box 118; Norway, IA  52318-0118] , hcbl [Health Center
for Better Living, Inc.; 6189 Taylor Rd.; Naples, FL   
33942] , mghc [Magic Garden Herb Co.; P.O. Box 332; Fairfax, CA  94930] ,
mrh [Mountain Rose Herbs; P.O. Box 2000; Redway, CA  95560] , nw [Nature's
Way; 10 Mountain Springs Parkway; P.O. Box 4000;  
Springville, Utah;  84663; 1-800-9-NATURE] , ocri [Otto Chicas Rendon,
Inc.; 1-800-752-4863; 56 East 116th Street; New York, N.Y.  10029; FAX:
(212) 289-0691] , tvt-na [The Vitamin Trader; 6501 Fourth St. NW;
Albuquerque, NM  87107; catalog section: Nature's Answer] , vdc-na
[Vitamin Discount Connection; Phone: 1-800-848-2990; 35 North 8th St. -
P.O. Box 1431; Indiana, PA  15701; catalog section: Nature's Answer] ,
vdc-nh [Vitamin Discount Connection; Phone: 1-800-848-2990; 35 North 8th
St. - P.O. Box 1431; Indiana, PA  15701; catalog section: Natural High] 
-range: california, mexico, texas, tropical america - used to treat:
hormonal imbalance, liver ailments, nervous depression, nervous  
disorders, pain [An unpleasant sensation occurring in varying degrees of
severity as a consequence of injury, disease, or emotional disorder.] ,
poor appetite