Subject: Yeast infection

From: [email-masked] (Nigel Vezeau)
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 1995 13:32:26 GMT

I am interested in finding out the best (preferably herbal) ways to get
rid of yeast infections. Please respond by e-mail if you know of any
particularly effective ones.

Thanks.

Sarah

---

From: Maggie Houston <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Jul 1995 19:04:05 GMT

>particularly effective ones.
Re: Yeast Infection>Candida albicans is a natually occurring bacteria in the 
body.  It is kept in check by a health co-extisting colonly of the so called 
"Friendly bacteria" L. Acidophilis. L. Bifidus and L. Salvarious.  There are more 
but these seem to be the most important to the maintaining of  poper colon 
health.  The prevailing treatment for a yeast infection is to take daily per 
instructions on the package: Grapefruit seed extract. (liquid extract is the 
most potent), St. Johnswort tincture and cold pressed Aloe Vera extract.  
Take this for 2 weeks.  Then start supplimenting with the "Friendly bacteria" 
L. Acidophilis. L. Bifidus and L. Salvarious.  You must take 6 billion active cells 
per every supplimentation and when recolonizing L. Salvarious you must 
take every day for month starting slow and working to 6 billion.  You colon 
health will be restored and off you go until you kill them off again with stress, 
red meat (bifido) or antibiotics.  Yes even herbal antibiotics

---

From: amy fedde <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 10:31:57 -0600

> >particularly effective ones.

i don't know if you'll consider this natural or not, but RMPP told me about
using Boric Acid in "00" gel caps, one a night till the problem goes away
I have used this method myself with wonderful results.

Something that is more mild and less effective but works in mild cases is
Yogurt, lots of yogurt as much and as deep into the vagina as possible, 
applicators are helpful in this and less messy.  Yogurt also feels very 
good in relieving the itching and burning, very cooling

Good luck
amz
[email-masked]