Subject: Re: Fever Few (How Long)

From: [email-masked] (john midura)
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 1996 05:03:41 GMT

If you are prone to migraines, feverfew should be taken on a daily
basis as a tonic. Some folks can get away with taking it just as an
aura appears, previous to migraine onset, or when you feel a headache
just coming on.
	I'm curious though about what else is in these feverfew tablets. I
understand that they're perhaps standardized, but more familiar with
feverfew tea or tincture.
	Hope this helps,  John Midura

[email-masked] (Victor....) wrote:

>I have been taking feverFew (3x150mg tabs a day) for the last three weeks
>as I suffer from headaches. IT WORKED. I haven't had a headache for almost
>3 weeks. I can't believe it .But how long should one take this herb.

---

From: celticblue <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 15:30:35 EST

perhaps you should stop taking until your headaches return again (if they 
do);
it's not a good idea to ingest any herb for too long, not just because of
possible toxicity or adverse reactions, but because your body's tolerance
to it will increase to the point where you need more of it to be effective.
good luck

---

From: [email-masked] (Dave)
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 96 17:24:13 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
>> 3 weeks. I can't believe it .But how long should one take this herb.
I have a friend who had a stroke many years ago.  She has had chronic migraine 
ever since, and I mean the kind that require her to to to hospital for an 
injection of medication.  Last summer I had her start taking Feverfew (her 
neurologist was consulted and did not object, rather he was curious).  Over 
the last 6 months she has had only 3 headaches.  This is a marked drop from 
the almost weekly bouts that she normally had.  Her doctor's jaw is still 
agape.  <grin>

Does anyone have any further information regarding long term usage.  (note:  
of the 3 headaches she experienced, two occured within one week of her running 
out of Feverfew and not replenishing her supply.