Subject: Re: New Book

From: [email-masked] (Mark Thorson)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 01:57:04 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
DO HERBS <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>purchasing and reading an herbal book. Also, what would you like to see in
>an herbal book that perhaps you have not been able to find in the
>multitude of books that have already been published? Are you attracted to
>a certain style or format of page? Are you disappointed after looking
>through it or reading it because you thought it should have contained...??

I almost bought a book which contained gas chromatograms of each
herb covered in the book, with legends indicating what molecules
were being detected.  Unfortunately it cost $45 at the used bookstore,
which seemed pretty steep to me at the time.  Sometimes I wish I had
bought that book.

If you can't get GC's, at least describing the main molecular species
in each herb and their contribution to flavor, smell, medicinal
properties, etc. and the amount typically present in an herb sample
would be the minimum information that it would take for me to even
consider buying your book.