Subject: Re: BETAL Nuts. Legal? WTB

From: [email-masked] (Martin Dolan)
Date: 22 Jul 1995 08:10:02 GMT

betal nut is legal, in fact here in Hawaii many people have it in their 
front yards,both for the "buzz" and as an ornamental plant. look for the 
nuts that are light-green red is too ripe. the. some wrap it in a tabaco 
leaf with lime {the mineral not the lime fruit}  not only is that not 
needed, but it hell on your teeth. most people that use it with lime have 
the worst teeth in the world! w/lime it does work faster and more intence.
 hope this helped

---

From: [email-masked] (Rhiannon Mcfadden)
Date: 20 Jul 1995 02:26:32 GMT

They're legal in Louisiana, so should be anywhere else.  I got mine at an 
Oriental market, so try looking for one in your area.

-
   NightShade  [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Douglas Wiggins)
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 1995 13:10:00 GMT

This may be a duplicate posting - if so, I am sorry; there seems to
be something wrong with my mail service.

to: [email-masked] (Rhiannon Mcfadden)
RM:They're legal in Louisiana, so should be anywhere else.  I got mine at an
RM:Oriental market, so try looking for one in your area.

They are legal in the Chinese grocery stores here - sometimes you
can find them fresh-frozen (not often), and frozen leaves, too, but
usually it must be found dry; they also sell the bark of the tree
as "incense bark", and they sell small jars of lime paste to make
the wad, which consists of lime paste, betel nut, betel leaf and
betel bark (the bark may not do anything - I used to think that it
might be burned to obtain the ash, which could be used in place of
lime paste). The lime paste causes the alkaloids to be released to
the body. If a person is in good health, this might be a pleasant
experience - from what I understand, it affect the acetal-choline
(if that is the right one - I don't recall) and other
neurotransmitters.

Good luck.

  -Douglas Wiggins [email-masked], Portland, Oregon
---
 * OLX 2.2 TD * Lampwork for Aromatherapy & Perfume Retail Counters