Subject: Re: Why don't you use a real Doctor?

From: [email-masked] (RAVENDNCR)
Date: 4 Oct 1995 09:05:44 -0400

my two cents:  I abhor the AMA and the direction they have taken "medical
science" especially womens medicine since their inception to date.   An
excellent example is the increased rate of births by C-section,  plus  the
fact that womens health problems were virtually ignored until the last
10-15 years (before women were empowered withe the almighty $).    Now,  I
am not a purist.  There are medical situations that require a doctors
expertise,  however, as a mother I learned how to deal effectively with
many ailments my family has contacted over the past 20 years,  which
relates directly to my high opinion of midwives, Chinese herbalist,   etc.
  It takes time and initiative to learn this stuff, and as usual the more
I learn the less I know.

Also (yes, I know the meter has run over the two cents) I am finding that
more doctors today, especially female doctors, are suggesting herbal
preparations and preventatives in lieu of pharmaceutical.
::::::::::    bowing to Paul I.  ::::::::::::::::::::::::
:
Hey, I feel better after that!

---

From: [email-masked] (Jsananda)
Date: 4 Oct 1995 20:08:59 -0400

For some real insight read "Tales of a Shaman's Apprentice" 
by Mark Plotkin Ph.D.   He spent years in the Amazon rainforest, studying
the healing properties of plants.
[email-masked]