Subject: Philip Lansky, MD

From: Swami Virato <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Aug 1995 07:00:37 GMT

I am trying to locate a medical doctor, Philip S. Lansky, MD, who 
may also be going by Efrim, now in Israel but formerly of 
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.  He is a graduate of the 
University of Pennsylvania Medical School,and is now about 
39-43 yrs of age.  He practices alternative medicine 
(acupuncture, Qigong, homeopathy, herbs, etc.) and is married to 
a Chinese woman named Yu, and has two twin daughters.  He used to 
write for an American "new age" holistic magazine, New Frontier 
in Philadelphia. He is an old friend, and I have lost touch with 
him. 
If anyone knows his whereabouts, please let me know, and/or let 
him know that Swami Virato, PO Box 17397, Asheville, North 
Carolina, USA is looking for him.  I am the editor and publisher 
of New Frontier Magazine. Many, many thanks....

-- 
Sw. Nostradamus Virato

From [email-masked](Kevin Jones) Mon Aug 14 13:55:46 EDT 1995
Article: 16056 of alt.folklore.herbs
Path: bigblue.oit.unc.edu!concert!news-server.ncren.net!news.duke.edu!eff!news.umbc.edu!haven.umd.edu!hecate.umd.edu!mojo.eng.umd.edu!bloom-beacon.mit.edu!newsserver.pixel.kodak.com!clpd-newsserver!news.sprintlink.net!in1.uu.net!news.compuserve.com!newsmaster
From: <[email-masked](Kevin Jones)>
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.herbs
Subject: Herbs to decrease scars
Date: 11 Aug 1995 21:53:06 GMT
Organization: CompuServe Incorporated
Lines: 25
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
NNTP-Posting-Host: dd13-009.compuserve.com
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-length: 1065
X-Newsreader: AIR Mosaic (16-bit) version 1.00.198.07

 [email-masked] (JOHN DRAPER) writes:
>JAJ>#FROM   :[email-masked]                                   N
>JAJ>@UMSGID :<[email-masked]>                      N
>JAJ>@UNEWSGR:01alt.folklore.herbs                                        N
>JAJ>Organization: Loral Software Productivity Laboratory
>
>JAJ>Hi,
>JAJ>Does anyone know what herbs can help decrease a
>JAJ>hideous scar?  My son had some surgery and resulted
>JAJ>in an large ugly scar.  I thought someone did submit
>JAJ>an herb recommendation some time ago but I missed it.
>
>My mother rubbed liquid vitamin E on a bad burn scar she had, and it
>eventually disapeared.  You may wish to try it.
>
>                                         John D

The best herb to use for scars is Hydrocotyle (Hydrocotyle asiatica). There's
a whole load of research been done on the effect of this plant. It's been 
used, quite effectively, to treat the scarring due to burns and as 
preventative measure in plastic surgery. Use topically.

Kevin Jones