Subject: Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis

From: [email-masked] (Barbara Ruhmann)
Date: 22 Jul 1995 20:22:01 GMT

Keith Pendlebury ([email-masked]) wrote:
: I have a brother in lAw who suffers from a lot of pain due to
: arthritis. Has anyone found any herbal medicines or regular herbal
: preparations that can help him, especially get to sleep at night

: Much appreciate your help
: Keith Pendlebury
: [email-masked]

I'm trying different herbals for arthritis right now, but can't give you 
any real info yet.  For sleeping, tho, get him a dream pillow.  The basic 
ingredient is mugwort, which is not especially dainty smelling.  But it 
is reputed to put you into deep sleep quickly and safely.  Check at your 
local natural foods store or coop, and they can probably give you a lead.
Let me know if it helps.  Or, if you can't find any sources anywhere near 
you, I'll forward you on some addresses.

Barb

--
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[email-masked]  |Brightness makes us blind
                       |         to the truth we seek --
      *   *            |The light.  It hurts my eyes.
        O   --la!      |You will find me in the shadows...
                       |          --A. Gage
----------------------------------------------------------
Bite me.  It's fun.   -- Crow T. Robot
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

---

From: [email-masked] (Itype)
Date: 12 Aug 1995 11:16:34 -0400

Valerian root capsules can be very helpful to relax you before sleeping.
Also externally applied Capscian (sp) cream is helpful as well. this is
made from hot peppers and is said to be very helpful in relieving joint
pain. Also pycnogenol taken on a regular basis over time can be very
helpful in relieving the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. Check the WWW
browser under the topic pycnogenol for sources. I have osteoarthritis and
my right sacroiliac joint is beginning to fuse. I have been taking
pycnogenol for a few weeks now and have cut down drastically on the pain
medications I have had to take. As an aside it has also elminated the
severe ringing in my ears and my sinus problem is all but conquered as
well. Hope this helps. Any more questions, please e-mail me directly.