Subject: Re: Legal marijuana substitute?

From: [email-masked] (Paul Iannone)
Date: 10 Sep 1995 16:18:56 GMT

In message ID <[email-masked]> on 9/9/95, Lisa Neal wrote:

: He has always been a high-strung person, and pot just evens him out
: in a nice, mellow, balanced way.  He is actually more productive and
: creative and balanced when he smokes.  He has stayed off pot for months
: and years at a time, during which time he reverts to his high-strung,
: up-tight self.  Then a joint comes his way and everything changes.

People do have illnesses and health imbalances that predispose them to
degenerative plant and food uses, there is no doubt about that. Your friend
would be diagnosed with Liver Qi imbalances in East-Asian traditional
healing, for which the treatment is various. 

Nonetheless, people are Spirits, and make the choices they do. The real issue
is whether there is an incentive to a higher health balance in this
particular individual. Since I do not believe in the criminalization of
drugs, I can only sympathize with you about the legal risk that this choice
puts him in. But I myself would not take him as a client if he insisted on
the regular smoking of marijuana. It is a fatal practice for Spirit
development--reliance on anything imbalancing interferes with the delicacy of
that kind of work. It promotes its own imbalance through a positive feedback
loop (you are left only feeling 'well' when you are doing the 'imbalancing
act'), just like most of life's habits. 

That to me is the real 'danger' of marijuana. It shows you something, but
then it requires you to keep coming back to see it again. That is not
Freedom.

--Paul  ||  [email-masked]
--

---

From: [email-masked] (Lilith)
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 00:07:58 GMT

Jim Ansaldo ([email-masked]) wrote:
: In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] wrote:

: > That to me is the real 'danger' of marijuana. It shows you something, but
: > then it requires you to keep coming back to see it again. That is not
: > Freedom.
: > 
: > --Paul  ||  [email-masked]
: > --

: Okay, kids, it's time to play . . . APPLY THE METAPHOR!!  APPLY THE
: METAPHOR, the game show sensation that's sweeping the nation!  See how
: many of life's institutions YOU can apply the above metaphor to before you
: figure out that everything is meaningless and you collapse into a pitiful,
: existential heap of meat.

<very amusing stuff snipped>

hehehe yep i gotta agree with you there

-- 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Lynne O'Connor                              Lilith
[email-masked]                          Speaks

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

---

From: [email-masked] (Jim Ansaldo)
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 1995 16:59:29 -0500

> --Paul  ||  [email-masked]

Okay, kids, it's time to play . . . APPLY THE METAPHOR!!  APPLY THE
METAPHOR, the game show sensation that's sweeping the nation!  See how
many of life's institutions YOU can apply the above metaphor to before you
figure out that everything is meaningless and you collapse into a pitiful,
existential heap of meat.

Contestant #1:

That to me is the real 'danger' of (public and private education in
America).  It shows you something, but then it requires you to keep coming
back to see it again.  That is not Freedom.

Contestant #2:

That to me is the real 'danger' of (religion).  It shows you something,
but then it requires you to keep coming back to see it again.  That is not
Freedom.

Contestant #3

That to me is the real 'danger' of (a William Shakespeare play).  It shows
you something, but then it requires you to keep coming back to see it
again.  That is not Freedom.

Contestant #4

That to me is the real 'danger' of (my sweet mamacita's burnin' love).  It
shows you something, but then it requires you to keep coming back to see
it again.  That is not Freedom.

Amen.

-- 
"The rope is stretching, but the knot is still tied . . . "

-- Jason and the Scorchers