Subject: Re: tendonitis

From: [email-masked] (Andrew Bidinotto)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 1996 04:40:13 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> Janice Temple writes:
>Path:
>magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu!math.ohio-state.edu!uwm.edu!chi-news.cic.net!news.comp
>userve.com!newsmaster
>From: Janice Temple
>Newsgroups: alt.folklore.herbs
>Subject: tendonitis
>Date: 27 Jan 1996 22:17:24 GMT
>Organization: CompuServe Incorporated
>Lines: 2
>Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
>NNTP-Posting-Host: slip183.inhouse.compuserve.com
>X-Newsreader: SPRY News 3.X (SPRY, Inc.)

>any advice for carpul tunnel              Janice 

Janice,

Recent studies have suggested that high doses of vit B6 may help reduce the 
inflammation in the wrist tunnel and decrease the pressure on the nerves that 
run through thereby decreasing pain.  I would take a smaller dose three 
times a day instead of 1 large dose.  It will get absorbed alittle better 
that way.  B6 is water soluable so it will not be stored in the body and 
build up to toxic doses but out your kidneys.  Also soaks in hotter water ( 
not so hot that you can't stand it) and massages such that you are pushing the 
thumb muscle at the base of your thumb and pushing it towards the back your 
hand and likewise on the other side.  Do this 20 min two times a day.  
Finally, try to decrease the activity that started all of this like repetative 
movements with the wrist in typing.......  If this does not help you may want 
to see a doctor because it could progress enough that you lose feeling in 
the hand.  Physical therapy has shown to help reduce this as well.  Surgery is 
a last resort because it is not the most successful operation.  Good luck.

andy b