Subject: acne

From: [email-masked] (I Kan't)
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 18:43:07 GMT

someone emailed me a suggestion for an acne "cure" .  he told me to use a 
tea tree oil creme.  i bought some at the health food store the other day 
and used it right away.  i lost your email address and i just wanted to 
tell you how wonderfully this stuff worked.  my skin looks great!

i also tried something this morning:  i mixrd some sea salt and lemon juice 
into a slightly watery paste and scrubbed my face with it.  Wow, my skin 
was so smooth.  Give it a try

Terri

---

From: [email-masked] (Sisterjoe)
Date: 8 Aug 1995 17:14:19 -0400

Greetings --

>Terri

That's a good mix for people who have oily skin -- all that acid!  For
sensitive and/or dry skin, switch the salt and lemon for oatmeal and aloe
juice.  I've found that aloe juice, either out of the bottle or out of the
leaf works great to soothe dry skin, and clear up acne at the same time.

Peace,

SCJ

---

From: [email-masked] (David A. Gallagher)
Date: 9 Aug 1995 14:30:48 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (I Kan't)

> was so smooth.  Give it a try

I tried pure Tea Tree Oil for acne, and it didn't seem to help. Perhaps
there is some critical difference in the creme formulation vs pure oil??

As well, I do have oily skin as well as scalp/hair, so I tried it on my
scalp but that didn't seem to help either. I person working in the local
health food store told me that Tea Tree Oil would dry out my scalp too
much, causing my sebaceous glands to over-react, thus exascerbating my
problem. Any comments/suggestions from the net???

Cheers,
David

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Christie Wragg)
Date: 10 Aug 1995 12:55:36 +1000

Sisterjoe ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Greetings --

: Teri wrote:

: >i also tried something this morning:  i mixrd some sea salt and lemon
: juice 
: >into a slightly watery paste and scrubbed my face with it.  Wow, my skin 
: >was so smooth.  Give it a try

: >Terri

: That's a good mix for people who have oily skin -- all that acid! <snip>
: SCJ

The mind boggles! I use salt and lemon juice to clean ivory keys on old 
pianos...it's gentler than hydrochloric acid!

Christie

---

From: [email-masked] (Harry Roedersheimer)
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 10:05:05

Folks, serious acne is a serious problem.  It is an infection which can spread to other parts of your body.  
there are a number of topical antibiotics that can be prescribed in addition to oral antibiotics.  There is no 
relation to lots of the myths.  It is a disease.

I know that goes against the whole nature of this group, but there are some things which do need things 
other than folk remedies.

If you've got a pimple or two, try any of these things.  But if you have serious acne, see a doctor.

---

From: [email-masked] (Mera Colling)
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 1995 12:12:22

We always used white vinegar to clean our piano keys. -Mera.

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Christie Wragg) 
writes:>From: [email-masked] (Christie Wragg)
>Subject: Re: acne
>Date: 10 Aug 1995 12:55:36 +1000

>Christie

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mera Colling                  |
    Decision Systems, Inc.        |
    Minneapolis, MN, USA          |    [email-masked]