Subject: Re: dogfennel-help

From: [email-masked] (Dr. War Bunny)
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 1996 03:55:08 UTC

liz schmitz <[email-masked]> writes:

>Hi!  I'm new to this group and need help.  I was reading an Edgar
>Cayce reading and it mentioned the herb dog fennel.  Can anyone
>tell me exactly what this is?  I've scoured over my herbal guides
>and can't find it anywhere.  Thanks!
>-Liz

Cayce mispelled it.  It's actually daugh-fennel.  Only found in chilly 
climates such as Maine, Scotland,,etc..

Looks like a small Baenelle thistle with pinkish buds.  Stems look a bit 
like a snake (Old English daught = snake).

See Perry's Handbook of Sub-Artic Flora (1986, Penbrook Press)

Regards,

Warrick

q
--****ATTENTION****--****ATTENTION****--****ATTENTION****--***ATTENTION***
Your e-mail reply to this message WILL be *automatically* ANONYMIZED.
Please, report inappropriate use to                [email-masked]
For information (incl. non-anon reply) write to    [email-masked]
If you have any problems, address them to          [email-masked]