Subject: Re: Legal marijuana substitute?

From: [email-masked] (Paul Iannone)
Date: 11 Sep 1995 03:36:48 GMT

In message ID <[email-masked]> on 9/10/95, Lilith wrote:

: Jim Ansaldo ([email-masked]) wrote:
: : In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] wrote:
: 
: : > That to me is the real 'danger' of marijuana. It shows you
: something, but : > then it requires you to keep coming back to see
: it again. That is not : > Freedom.
: : > 
: : > --Paul  ||  [email-masked]
: : > --
: 
: 
: : Okay, kids, it's time to play . . . APPLY THE METAPHOR!!  APPLY THE
: : METAPHOR, the game show sensation that's sweeping the nation!  See how
: : many of life's institutions YOU can apply the above metaphor to before
you
: : figure out that everything is meaningless and you collapse into a
pitiful,
: : existential heap of meat.
: 
: <very amusing stuff snipped>
: 
: hehehe yep i gotta agree with you there

Happily, your existential relativity is not my own. Smoke hearty!

--Paul  ||  [email-masked]
--

---

From: [email-masked] (Mark & Victoria Goswitz )
Date: 11 Sep 1995 11:51:33 GMT

You all can do you're groovy metaphorical bullshit, but the fact is, if
someone needs pot in order to function and create, I would say there is
a problem there.  My husband smokes  pot which I grow for him, but one
or two plants last years.  He smokes a joint every couple of months. 
In that form of usage I would have to say it is ultimately better than
pouring alcohol into your liver.  All I was trying to say is there is
nothing wrong with admitting there is a problem and addressing it.  I
am all for the legalization of marijuana and all other hemp products
for use in the country.  I am not against pot smoking.  My experience
with pot was one of addiction and destruction to me.  If I can help
someone who also may have that situation, then it is my pleasure to
alert a problem when I see one.  So why dont all of you just calm your
selves down and try to see what the content of my message is.  I DONT
say all pot smokers are addicts.  But certinally some are.
Victoria*

---

From: [email-masked] (Jim Ansaldo)
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 19:07:41 -0500

> Happily, your existential relativity is not my own. Smoke hearty!

Quite.  Cheers . . .

-- 
We maintain the right to choose our own teachers.

---

From: [email-masked] (Linda Evans )
Date: 13 Sep 1995 13:27:58 GMT

>say all pot smokers are addicts.  But certinally some are.
  I do not understand why we have such a problem with the issue of
pot.. We have no problem with the mega tons of chemical medicine that
our society ingests a year, no crys for banning their use.. It has been
my experience that there are just as many,if not more, people addicted
to these chemicals.. addict personalities will only find some other
ways to satisfy their need to abuse untell they work on the problem.
banning all things that people are addicted to would leave little
left..