Subject: Re: Night Blindness

From: [email-masked] (DO HERBS)
Date: 26 Jan 1996 12:07:20 -0500

In article
<[email-masked]>,
[email-masked] (Michelle Kovacs) writes:

>Are there any herbs/foods/supplements to help overcome night blindness?
>Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you. 
>
>Michelle

I've had good success with bilberry and eyebright. Take the bilberry at
least 2 hours before you actually need it since it takes a couple of hours
to actually peak for its highest performance and include eyebright in your
daily diet.

---

From: [email-masked] (john midura)
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 1996 04:59:28 GMT

Vitamin A (retinol) forms rhodopsin (otherwise known as visual purple)
which is necessary for good night vision. You should take Vitamin A in
the form of beta-carotene, which your body will convert into A. Don't
take too much though. RDA of Vit A is 5,000 i.u.  You should be able
to safely consume up to 10,000 ui's daily.