Subject: Preserving Herbal Products

From: [email-masked] (Moreta)
Date: 11 Sep 95 08:02:57 PDT

When you say the oil tends to go over are you talking about it going rancid 
or something else? 
I have found that using Vitamin E is probably the best single item to add 
to a vegetable oil base to prevent it from going rancid. If you want to use 
benzoin try to find benzoin absolute resin, its already in liquid form. 
As far as the amount of benzoin to use, I would start with 5 drops per 
ounce.  The vitamin E I tend to indulge with, so I personally add 1/4 tsp 
per 4 oz container of oil. 

Mo

---

From: Graham Sorenson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 23:38:26 GMT

> per 4 oz container of oil. 

I would say tht wheatgerm oil is the standard used in the industry for assisting in keeping blends 
>from  becoming rancid.  Also NEVER store blends in plastic bottle other than for immediate use.

Graham

-- 
Watch this Cyberspace...................
Graham Sorenson         Guide to Aromatherapy URL

http://www.pikeperry.co.uk/ppp/fragrant/index.htm

We are not Physical beings having a spiritual experience
But Spiritual beings having a physical experience.