Subject: >>> Need Help with HIVES, SOS! <<<

From: [email-masked] (Sophia Lansky)
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 1995 06:07:05 GMT

Hi,

You may have seen my post a couple of months ago about hives. 
Unfortunately, the situation is only getting worse.

I've had hives for almost 5 months now, that came on totally out of the 
blue...

I've been tested for everything with negative results, tried all 
conventional  medications, chinese medicine, homeopathy, herbs, 
acupuncture - nothing helps.

In the last few days the hives are getting even worse.

Any ideas?

Please help if you know anything,

Sophia

---

From: [email-masked] (the tree by the river)
Date: 8 Sep 1995 02:45:29 -0600

>Please help if you know anything,

Don't know much, but I've found a couple of oddball things that have 
caused me such problems over the years.  Just lately I'd been trying 
to figure out why I'd developed them on just one wrist and nowhere 
else--turns out that it was because I'd started carrying a tiny can 
of Mace pepper spray and just habitually carrying it near that wrist 
for a few weeks caused them; stopped carrying the Mace and they went 
away.  Once in a while, if I eat lots of corn products (sauces with 
cornstarch, breakfast cereals, stuff with corn syrup) I'll get them 
on my thighs, but only once in a while--and keeping away from corn 
for a couple of weeks clears them up and they stay away for years 
without my having to worry about corn any more.  The chemicals used 
in hot tubs have given me similar reactions, though mostly on the 
backs of my knees, and a lot of people have similar reactions to 
scents/brighteners/etc. commonly added to clothes detergent and 
soaps, so one of the first things I'd do is switch to a "free" 
clothes detergent (lots of brands of them now; the most sensitive 
individuals generally report having better luck with the liquid 
versions) and a similarly additive-free soap like Ivory. 

I have no idea what might work for you, but those are some things 
that have worked for me (and, in my case, the hives clear up 
almost instantly no matter how long it's taken me to figure out 
what brought them on). 
-- 
   Trygve Lode | 6529 Lakeside Circle, Littleton CO  80125 | (303) 470-1011
   Want a copy of the soc.singles FAQ?   Send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (the tree by the river)
Date: 8 Sep 1995 02:45:29 -0600