Subject: Re: Stevia vs Aspartame (long article)

From: [email-masked] (White Fox)
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 1995 22:17:26 GMT

[email-masked] (Debbie Shutts) wrote:

>This is very interesting.  One of my doctors said aspartame was
>a straight toxin, the other recommended it.  I have systemic
>candidiasis & can't have sugar <pout>.  I was looking for alternatives.
>Stevia was mentioned in _The Yeast Connection Cookbook_.  Are you
>saying we can't buy it?  

>I'm also wondering how the body deals with Stevia.  Will it
>treat it as a sugar & therefore feed the yeast?

Good question.  I haven't been able to find anything that specifically
deals with the use of Stevia by people with Candidiasis in enough
detail to judge in either a negative or a positive manner.  (Possibly
due to the lack of availability from practically being drummed out of
the country?)   Yet I have found a few mentions that diabetics have
been able to use Stevia, leading one to believe that the body in fact
does not treat it in the same manner as sugar.  

I understand that it is readily available in many other countries but
this is all I could find in what I have for available sources in the
USA. This information is also a tad dated being nearly a year old.

White Stevia Powder is available from the Body Ecology Diet in
Atlanta, GA at 800-896-7838 or 404-266-1366.

Stevia tea is available from Consumer Direct in Tempe, AZ at
800-899-9908.

Someone also posted in an earlier thread about the ability to buy the
Stevia plants from Richter's I believe(?).  That may be an alternative
for you to try and grow your own supply until we reach that wonderful
day where we convince the FDA to do it's job and quit poisoning us.
:)  One can always have hope.

Bless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
White Fox

Beware:  The tongue is in a wet place and apt to slip
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---

From: [email-masked] (||{o}||)
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 09:12:59 MST

>White Fox

It is not sugar, so why would the body treat it that way?  It doesn't even 
remotely resemble sugar - it is non caloric, a decay PREVENTING dentifrice and 
used as a powdered leaf or derivitive thereof.		-DDR