Subject: Gout

From: [email-masked] (Urquhart)
Date: 11 Aug 1995 21:27:38 -0400

Does anyone know of an effective herbal remedy for gout (or the prevention
of)?

Dave C.

---

From: [email-masked] (SMills1138)
Date: 11 Aug 1995 23:59:58 -0400

Best treatment is decrease protein intake--no red
meat whatsoever, some fish maybe. There are
several herbs that help with decreasing uric acid
but I don't have that info at hand. Later.
--sam

---

From: [email-masked] (VON BRUNDZ)
Date: 12 Aug 1995 07:21:30 -0400

Hi I have a friend who  had a bad attack and got rid of it with juniper
berries. He is taking the capsuals 2 a day at first then 1 a day. Juniper
can be hard on the kidneys and bladder for some people. we did a test and
he stopped taking them  and in two days the gout returned. Once he got
back on the juniper the problem once again dissappeared.  He hasent had
any side effects or problems with his kidney or bladder function and its
been about 2 months now.  Hope this helps

---

From: [email-masked] (Harry Roedersheimer)
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 1995 06:23:24

>Does anyone know of an effective herbal remedy for gout (or the prevention

The best cure is to keep foods that produce uric acid out of your system; these include alcohol, game 
meat, and the like.  This is one modern medicine has beaten easily.  See your doctor.  He can give you 
some pills, that once they're taken will eliminate the problem.  (If it's really serious he can also give you a 
shot.)  In the meantime be tender with yourself.