Subject: Re: Herbs that raise metabolism?

From: [email-masked] (john midura)
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 1996 04:45:24 GMT

[email-masked] (Terry Strand) wrote:

>Does any one know which Herbs raise your metabolism?  I have tried practically 
>all the weight loss pills and 99% do not live up to their claims.  

>Terry Strand
>[email-masked]

There is no magic herb or pill that will make you lose weight, period!
It's still a calorie counter situation. The less you consume, the more
you lose. However, there are certain herbs and supplements that will
help curb your appetite and/or metabolize fats more efficiently. Look
up Citrin and Chromium Picolinate.
	Don't worry, once you start to lose the pounds, your metabolism will
increase respectively. So will your personal outlook.

	Thanks, John Midura

---

From: [email-masked] (Jennifer B. Jakiel)
Date: 25 Jan 1996 20:39:27 -0800

Terry Strand ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Does any one know which Herbs raise your metabolism?  I have tried practically 
: all the weight loss pills and 99% do not live up to their claims.  

Weight loss pills do not work because they require the user to keep taking
them for as long as the weight will be kept off... they're ADDICTIVE.

The best way to raise your metabolism healthily is through regular low-
impact exercises, preferably aerobic.  Ten to fifteen minutes of mild
stretching, followed by fifteen to twenty minutes of good solid exercise
can raise your metabolism considerably for the better part of a day.

As far as herbs go, I understand that Spirulina is good, but I've never
tried it.

--jen

---

From: Bobbi Thompson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 96 13:31:18 PDT

> increase respectively. So will your personal outlook.
John is right - if you aren't in the frame of mind to diet and lose weight,
you can eat through ANY pill, even if it works as it claims and curbs your
hunger and sugar cravings.  How often do ALL of us with a weight problem
eat even if we are NOT hungry!  The herbs he suggested DO work - I have
lost weight on herbal blends containing Chromium Picolinate - because they
do curb my hunger.  However, I try to stay conscious of what I'm putting
into my mouth - and it is easier because I don't feel hungry!  When I try
to use the pills as intended, as a diet AID, not as a way to magically melt
away the pounds while I pig out on Chocolate Cakes, the herbs in the pills
are then allowed to do what they are intended to do - promote increased
metabolism to act as a fat burner and promote lean muscle mass, while curbing
the hunger and sugar cravings.  They just need to be given a chance to be
able to burn off the fat that is already registering on the scales instead
of the fat that we continue to stuff into our mouths while we wait for the
pills to work their magic!  The advice that I have found to work the best
for me when taking these herbal diet pills - try to watch your fat intake.