Subject: Re: seratonin

From: [email-masked] (Andrew Bidinotto)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 1996 04:54:54 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (MPatpalm) writes:
>Path:
>magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu!math.ohio-state.edu!howland.reston.ans.net!news-e1a.me
>gaweb.com!newstf01.news.aol.com!newsbf02.news.aol.com!not-for-mail
>From: [email-masked] (MPatpalm)
>Newsgroups: alt.folklore.herbs
>Subject: seratonin
>Date: 24 Jan 1996 08:56:08 -0500
>Organization: America Online, Inc. (1-800-827-6364)
>Lines: 5
>Sender: [email-masked]
>Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
>Reply-To: [email-masked] (MPatpalm)
>NNTP-Posting-Host: newsbf02.mail.aol.com

>I am looking for sources of seratonin for a friend with a possible
>deficiency - also for symptoms of such a deficiency.  please e-mail to
>[email-masked].  Also - I have just discovered that myrrh and oil of
>myrrh are very helpful to release knee energy.
>Mary Pat Palmer, Holistic & Art Psychotherapy and The Urban Herbalist

I don't know of any direct sources of seratonin, because it would be degraded 
within the gi after oral dosing.  A possibility would be to try and take oral 
tyrosine tablets.  This is an amino acid which is converted in the body to 
seratonin.  I believe this is correct, but check up on that to make sure.

good luck

andy b