Subject: Cost & Self Treatment

From: [email-masked] (James)
Date: 8 Oct 1995 16:19:01 GMT

I will first post the following:
  The ESSIAC formula : 6 & 1/2  cups of Burdock Root (cut)
                         16 ounces     of Sheep Sorrel herb (powder)
                         1  ounce      of Turkey Rhubarb Root (powder)
                         4  ounces     of Slippery Elm Bark (powder)

    ------------------------------------------------------------------

    Preparation of ESSIAC herbal tea :

          1)    Measure  out  8  ounces  of the Essiac  mix  (the  dry
                formula above)

          2)    Place  two  gallons  of distilled water in a stainless
                steel kettle.

          3)    Bring the water to a  brisk  boiling  point  (about 30
                minutes)

          4)    Put ESSIAC dry mix into the boiling  water,  stir  and
                boil hard for about 10 minutes

          5)    Allow to sit and cool slowly for six hours.

          6)    After  six  hours, stir it thoroughly with a wooden or
                stainless tool

          7)    Let it sit for another six hours

          8)    Return kettle to stove and bring to a boil

          9)    When  the  boiling point is reached, turn off the heat
                and pour the contents  through  a  stainless  strainer
                into a second stainless kettle

         10)    Clean the first kettle thoroughly

         11)    Strain the contents a second time from  pot two to pot
                one

         12)    Bottle  the  herbal  tea  immediately  into dark amber
                bottles and seal it while still hot

                     (*** Dark amber bottles may be purchased
                     from most any drug store or pharmacy ***)

         13)    Store in refrigerator

    ------------------------------------------------------------------

    Directions for use of ESSIAC

            Heat two ounces (four tablespoons)  distilled  water, then
            mix it with two ounces of ESSIAC tea taken  directly  from
            the refrigerator.

            ESSIAC should be taken at bed time on an empty stomach, at
            least two hours after eating.

            It can  be  taken  in the morning on an empty stomach.  If
            taken in the morning, do  not  eat  for at least two hours
            after taking the ESSIAC.

            Keep the ESSIAC refrigerated at all times.

            Shake well each time before pouring.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------
The following is used with permission from IBIS - the Interacive
BodyMind
Information System.

* formula: Hoxsey-like: a constitutional cleansing and cancer support
formula.

  Glycyrrhiza glabra, 12 g.
  Trifolium pratense, 12 g.
  Arctium lappa, 6 g.
  Stillingia sylvatica (toxic), 6 g.
  Berberis aquifolium, 6 g.
  Phytolacca decandra (toxic), 6 g.
  Rhamnus purshiana, 3 g.
  Rhamnus frangula (toxic), 3 g.
  Xanthoxylum americanum, 3 g.

Combine the dry herbs, place in 3 cups of water and simmer for 10-15
minutes. Cool, strain and store in a dark glass jar.
sig: use 2-4 tbsp. tea in a third cup water adding 1-2 drops of
saturated
potassium iodide and 5-11 drops strong iodine (Lugol's) solution.  Take
q.i.d., p.c. and before bed.  (NCNM Pharmacy)

(You can get more info on IBIS from [email-masked].
=======================================================================

I am looking for a group or data that will inform a person how to use
the herbs and in what strengths and then most of all where to get them.

The Last Chance Clinic to date has been the best I have found ...
However, all the warnings say, "The recommendations contained in this
report may cause adverse reactions in some people .... before following
these medically unproven ideas, please check with your own medical
doctor. If you feel you must self-medicate, proceed with extreme
caution ..."

Heck if my own medical doctor knew the first thing about this they
would not be my own medical doctor, correct? What kind of warning is
that? 

Any way - does anyone know of how to use ozone or H2O2, IV's by
themselves? 

Thanks Jim