Subject: Re: Herbs for Arthritis???

From: Star Dancer <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Aug 1995 01:29:36 GMT

[email-masked] (Steve Dube) wrote:
>Does anyone know of any herbs that help reduce the pain of severe 
>arthritis?
>
>I have taken herbs for other medical problems with good success.
>
>Please help!
>
>Steve
>
Yes... but it may sound strange!

My mom had severe arthritis in her knees to the point of being in
agony just to go to the living room from the bedroom.  She finally
decided to try "gin and raisins" that she had been told about before.

take a pound of "golden" raisins.(Must be golden) and a half pint of
gin.  pour the gin over the raisins in a bowl and stir them often for
a couple of days until the liquid has been absorbed. (the alcohol will
evaporate by then also).  When the liquid has been completely abosorbed
take 10 raisins a day.  In about 6-8 weeks you will not believe the
difference.

I saw this with my own eyes so I know it works.  I've heard from others
that it works also.  But now my mom goes to the malls and the beaches 
again and the difference is amazing!

Star Dancer

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 29 Aug 1995 17:56:28 GMT

As much as I wish it were true, this does NOT work.  Alcohol has been
a long time pain reliever in many countries, that's all this will do.
Unfortunately there isn't even enough in the raisins to have much of an
effect.  I have heard, though, that evening primrose whatever helps with
arthritis.  This was recently posted in the arthritis newsgroups
(about the raisins).

Jessica

>Yes,
>Take two pounds of white raisens commonly called 'golden' raisens and mix
>in a pint of gin.  Stir it occasionally for two days until all of the
>alcohol has evaporated and the gin has completely soaked into the raisens.
>..
>Eat only 10 raisens a day.  It will take about two months for the pain
>to completely stop.
>..
>Connor

---

From: Star Dancer <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Aug 1995 02:15:28 GMT

>arthritis.  This was recently posted in the arthritis newsgroups
I beg to differ with you, I have SEEN the difference in my mother
after taking the raisins & gin thing.  She has gone from nearly
bed ridden to walking the beach. And it isn't just being masked.
Her x-rays have shown a decrease in the inflamation and swelling
and even her doctor has been impressed with the changes.  

Star Dancer