Subject: Re: Loved one with leukemia

From: [email-masked] (Starminer)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 16:23:17 GMT

[email-masked] (Rose Hill) wrote:

>The results will be in today, after various tests, including a spinal 
>tap.  What can I do for him herbally?  He keeps chanting GARLIC GARLIC, 
>but there has to be something else right?  If you need any specifics 
>about him please feel free to email.  I am a tad shocked and more aghast 
>at how such a healthy person of 35 years could get this.  
>
>Thank you.
>
>Rose
>
>
Having worked as an RN in Heme-Onc before I moved to Critical Care, I would
suggest getting a good book on herbal therapy.  Some herbs are hard on the
liver, as is chemotherapy, and the inevitable tylenol he will need for
recurrent fever.  All of those together could actually cause liver damage,
especially if your Oncologist is unaware that he is taking them.