Subject: Re: Melatonin

From: [email-masked] (Susan L. Nielsen)
Date: 9 Aug 1995 04:55:17 GMT

In a previous article, [email-masked] (R.J. Nunan) says:

>Yeah, I'd go with only one [Melatonin tablet].
>	I actually BREAK the 3mg. tablets and take half.
>	If you're under forty, half to one should be more than 
>enough....

Good grief.  We cut the 3 mg tab's in quarters (you can get a
cute little plastic pill-cutter from US pharmacies for free or
very cheap; I presume some such tool is available elsewhere).
The estimated daily output of the pineal gland is pretty
closely represented by .75 mg of Melatonin (see *Science News*
fairly recently -- in July, I think).  Considering the price of
the little devils, I'm in favor of conservation.

Susan
-- 
************************************************************
"I could while away the hours conferrin' with the flowers, 
 consulting with the rain... if I only had a brain."
 --Scarecrow