Subject: Re: Plant Name Confusion?!?

From: [email-masked] (Paul Iannone)
Date: 06 Sep 1995 17:39:50 GMT

In message ID <[email-masked]> on 9/5/95,
[email-masked] wrote:

: A while back I had posted some info on a proven CURE for Hepatitis B
: (c?) and mentioned that the plant had THREE scientific names and one
: Ayurvedic name.  I may have been in error.  Is there any site on the
: nets where I can cross-referrence plant names easily?  I need to find
: out if the East-Indian name of "Bhumy Amalaki" is actually the plant
: known as "Phyllanthus amarus" (a.k.a. -- P. nituri or P. niruri). Due
: to the confusion in names for the plant in different regions of India
: and even in science circles here in the u.s.a. I may have been passing
: along misinformation to those who's lives might depend on the right
: name.

Don't much like this 'proven cure' business, but Amalaki is Emblica
officinalis, and Phyllanthus is in the same family (Euphorbiaceae). 

--Paul  ||  [email-masked]
--

---

From: [email-masked] (caMel)
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 02:11:00 GMT

>--Paul  ||  [email-masked]

Thanks for the info, there is a chance then that it might be the plant
they mentioned in the New England Journal of Medicine back in the
late-mid '80s.  (Study was done by the very doctor that discovered the
Hep virus and the "cure" was 57% in the population tested, and the
cure was permanent.  Hard to find the study from what I heard of
others searching for it, but I got lucky and got a reprint.
Reinfection might be unlikely due to built up anti-bodies.  Study said
cure rate was only 57% because they used too little of the herb 300
mgs. 3 x per day for 30 days.  I agree, WAY too little, and if the
virus was wrapped up in your cells for a long time, I'd even extend
the treatment period (and did).. But since I also have Lymes (similar
symptomolgy), I don't know if I have the right herb or if I still have
Hep, or if I might be in the incurable category 

Did any of you see my extensive post here on this subject before  Aug.
25th?  I was posting from MSN (when they finally opened up posting to
newgroups) but the "god-heads" at MSN like to censor posts (some of
mine especially) so I don't know if it ever reached the nets (I got
this net account only a few days ago and wasn't able to check if my
post from MSN ever made it out).