Subject: Re: oils

From: Graham Sorenson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 1995 19:07:09 GMT

In article: <[email-masked]>  [email-masked] (Kcera2) writes:
> 
> Can anyone suggest a light oil base to use in making perfumes & oilbaths
> out of aromatic herbs?
> Appreciate any & all responses

A light oil is grapeseed, good for those with small pores in their skin.

You can also add essential oils to evening primrose oil.

I would stay away from the commercial cooking oils and only use cold pressed first pressed oils if 
you can find them.

Graham

-- 
Watch this Cyberspace.............
Graham Sorenson         Guide to Aromatherapy URL

http://www.pikeperry.co.uk/ppp/fragrant/index.htm

We are not Physical beings having a spiritual experience
But Spiritual beings having a physical experience.

---

From: [email-masked] (JoAnne Bassett)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 1995 16:14:58 GMT

I would suggest using Almond oil or grapeseed for the bath base and 
Jojoba is used as a base for perfume.  It is not light but rather waxy 
and thicker.  It works. 
-- 
JoAnne Bassett                          Aromatherapy grade essential oils,
Certified Aromatherapist       >><<     blends, diffusers, floral waters,
[email-masked]              >><<     natural bodycare products, kits,
http://www.eskimo.com/~joanne  >><<     blending oils, books, etc.

---

From: [email-masked] (Michelle M. Hanna)
Date: 14 Sep 1995 01:29:28 GMT

>Appreciate any & all responses

The best oil base for perfume creation IMHO is Jojoba. Actually a liquid
wax which doesn't go rancid like other oils & it's the closest thing
to our natural sebum.  Another nice base, especially for bath oil, is
Sweet Almond with a few drops of Wheat Germ mixed in for stability.

To naturally infuse the oil with the scent of herbs (rather than
using Essential or Fragrance oils), pour enough oil over the herbs
to cover them & then either: 1) tightly cover the oil & place in
the sun for a few days to let the rays release the essences; strain
& repeat until it achieves the scent you want, OR 2) SLOWLY heat
the oil in a pan on your stove to speed up the process!

Hope that help!!  Michelle

---

From: [email-masked] (Al Czap)
Date: 14 Sep 1995 23:31:29 GMT

> Can anyone suggest a light oil base to use in making perfumes & oilbaths
Medium Chain Triglyceride Oil, stable, small (8,10 carbon) carries flavors
and aromas very well.