Subject: Re: Split nails

From: [email-masked]
Date: 7 Oct 1995 00:36:19 GMT

In <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Keith Hutner) writes:
>This isn't a question of vanity,however is there somthing lacking in my 
>diet.     My nails always split & peel , even when short.  Any 
>suggestions?                                                              
>                      Thanks.
>-
>  Sta HUTNER  [email-masked]

Your nails sound like they're dry.  Mine do that even though they grow long
and are very strong.  Regular lotion will do but I like vitamin E oil (has to
be kept on for a long time though) or a very concentrated high end lotion.

No matter what length your nails are make sure they are snag and jagged
edge free.  If they split into the skin you might want to try using a silk
wrap.

FYI, Horsetail helps your nails grow.

Jessica
_________________________________
Jessica Rabbit, The Next Generation:

I'm not bad, I just type that way.
_________________________________

---

From: cyli <[email-masked]>
Date: 8 Oct 1995 08:31:52 GMT

>   Sta HUTNER  [email-masked]
Someone else can probably recommend the proper herbs and nutrients to
you, but I can make a suggestion on it.  Don't use a nail file on them.
It leaves very tiny rough edges, even when it feels smooth.  Use a
strong scissors or clippers and learn to shape your nails neatly with 
that.  I happen to have very strong nails and only winter dryness 
combined with rought treatment can do them much harm. But 5 minutes 
with a simple emery board or file can give me a month of problems.
Not that I've tried one much since I found out about it.
 
Cyli

Once you posit infinity, the rest is easy.