Subject: Re: spirulina, ginseng & weightloss?

From: [email-masked] (Callie)
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 95 21:14:44 GMT

Audrey Guidi Reyes <[email-masked]> wrote:
>I'm really stuck on a weightloss plateau after having lost about 9 kilos
>(20 lbs.), first from illness -- i'm living in Mexico, famous for
>traveler's diarrhea -- and then with diet (moderately high protein, low
>fat & low salt) and an exercise program.  It's incredibly frustrating that
>i'm about 6.5 kilos (about 14 lbs.) away from the goal weight a sports
>medicine doctor established for me and can't seem to continue losing the
>weight (the extra fat i carry) regardless of my 1.5-hour daily workout of
>aerobic activity and weights. 
>Could anybody please help me out with some suggestions or information? 
>It's rather demoralising when nothing seems to work despite tons of
>effort. 

Guidi - 
  Perhaps you are gaining muscle mass from the exercise at about the same rate 
that you are losing fat tissue.
  DON'T  GET HUNG UP ON THE SCALES!  Measure your strength, endurance and body 
 - if the major muscle areas are getting bigger and the waistline smaller you 
are making progress.

Callie