Subject: Re: Absinthe makes the heart grow ...

From: [email-masked] (Torrey Peacock)
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 1996 01:55:21 -0800

Just picked up on this rather *interesting* thread, and I wonder if
someone could post (or repost) the botanical name of the herb in
question.  My sources seem to have several herbs listed as "wormwood," and
I want to be sure I've got the right one.  Thought I'd try adding the
liquid extract to some of the legally available "absinthe" liqueur, and,
restored to something of its former grandeur, check it out.  

Torrey

---

From: [email-masked] (the Sourceress)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 1996 17:07:19 GMT

[email-masked] (Coyote Osborne) wrote:

>In article <[email-masked]>,
>[email-masked] (Heiko Recktenwald) wrote:

>> In article <[email-masked]>
>> Marc McCall <[email-masked]> writes:
>>  
>> >If anyone's interested, you can still buy honest to goodness Absinthe in
>> >Spain. I know this because my Mom brings me back a bottle every year.

>For what it is worth, my mother claims to have purchased some in Spain in
>the early 80's for a relative, but was not allowed to bring it through
>customs.

>Coyote

Well probably not if she actually *told* Customs about it, no.....

However, if you don't spend more than whatever their cutoff amount is now, then
you don't have to tell them  what you're bringing back.  And depending on where
you're coming in through, and how busy they are, and how many more likely
prospects there are for harrasment, chances are they won't ask to search your
stuff.  So how're they going to know?

					*the Sourceress*