Subject: Re: Kombucha tea

From: [email-masked] (Mark and Kathy Wilson)
Date: 13 Aug 1995 15:56:15 GMT

fantasy group ([email-masked]) wrote:
:  I have found a source for the kombucha "mushroom". The price is
: reasonable too, only $39.95 for a kit which includes the mushroom,
: starter culture, complete instructions, and info about kombucha tea.
: The address is (snail mail) Natural Stuff  P.O. Box 17785 Clearwater,
: Fl. 34622. They accept checks or money orders, but not Visa/MC yet. You
: can also send a S.A.S.E. for info on the mushroom. BTW the price
: includes shipping and handling anywhere in the U.S.  

--
------------------------------------------------

if you subscribe to the kombucha mail list- [email-masked] - you can 
often get them people just for the shipping alone. But you also get tons 
of useful info. on brewing and such. Ask for the FAQ 's there great!

kathy

---

From: [email-masked] (fantasy group )
Date: 13 Aug 1995 15:25:35 GMT

I have found a source for the kombucha "mushroom". The price is
reasonable too, only $39.95 for a kit which includes the mushroom,
starter culture, complete instructions, and info about kombucha tea.
The address is (snail mail) Natural Stuff  P.O. Box 17785 Clearwater,
Fl. 34622. They accept checks or money orders, but not Visa/MC yet. You
can also send a S.A.S.E. for info on the mushroom. BTW the price
includes shipping and handling anywhere in the U.S.

---

From: [email-masked] (Don Wiss)
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 1995 17:55:26 GMT

>of useful info. on brewing and such. Ask for the FAQ 's there great!

I suspect that the "fantasy group" post is really a commercial ad that was
made to look like a friendly referral. If you want more info the easiest
way is to check out:

 http://www.webcom.com/~sease/kombucha/kombucha.html

It has links to the FAQs on the Kombucha mushroom and explains how to join
the mailing list. Jim Sease <[email-masked]> maintains.

---

From: Angelo Schouten <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 1995 17:13:11 +0200 (MET DST)

-------------------------------------------------------------
	            DE  DIGITALE  STAD

Dear Kathy and Mark,

I have got so many questions concerning K -I did not see in the FAQ- and I 
think you probably have the answers. So please, please, please I would 
like to hear them. 

Have you got any idea whether, the addition of exogenous cobaltous salts 
to a protein rich substraat (say Kombucha + milk as the medium the 
thrive in) of Kombucha will lead to significant amounts of vitamine B12?

Does the cobaltous precursor matter, is the mannitol complexed Co2+ 
better assimilated by the symbiotic culture (I mean Kombucha) than for 
example the plain chloride?

In comparing Kefir and Kombucha, what is the actual content of lactic 
acid after one day of bio-processing. 

How does mineral content influence the growth of Kombucha. 
Do complexed minerals change the growth of K.

How does sugar influence the growth of Kombucha, is it possible to 
replace it with fructose, glucose or pentoses? Does it show a Bell curve 
in effect response?

How does Kombucha respond to light? 
What source of light and for how long?

Your faithfully,

Angelo

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 95 12:27:20 -0700

the faq sheet given with each mushroom stresses that each mushroom is to be
lovingly given to another person (be it stranger or lover)!  and they are SO
easy to find!  why would ANYONE write out a check (or money order)
for anything that is fruitful and MULTIPLIES!!
 
if you are looking for a contact to get a mushroom (they double in quantity, in
the proper conditions, within 1 week), write ME!! and i won't charge you a
cent....and no master card/visa needed!!!
 
i am appalled that these ppl in florida are selling it!!! they should be
reported to the kombucha society! (YES! there is one).

a(n) unicorn is slightly bigger than an arabian horse and yet smaller than
pegasus.  she/he does not have wings nor more than one horn on its head.

---

From: Gary & Jeanne Ross <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Aug 1995 19:59:37 GMT

>includes shipping and handling anywhere in the U.S.  

There's something wrong if you have to pay for a Kombucha.  It is 
something to be given not bought or sold.  

Sounds fishy to me.

Peace, Jeanne