Subject: Re: Using Your Camcorder Battery to Heal Broken Bones

From: [email-masked] (Callie)
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 95 12:24:59 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] wrote:

>Take a camcorder battery, and attach a positive and negative wire to 
>the battery's terminals, and be sure not to let then touch.  Then wrap
>a strip of aluminum foil above
>the broken joint, and another strip of 
>aluminum below the joint and attach the wires.  The idea is to pass a 
>mild electric current through thebroken joint to enhance it's healing 
>time while being sure not to let the wires, or the aluminum electrodes
>touch each other.  You can use any kind of tape to cover the aluminum
>foil and vinyl covered wires to keep them from shorting out the 
>battery. 

>Any small battery will do the trick, I only suggested the camcorder 
>battery because they are between 6 and 12 volts, and are rechargeable.

C - 
  I hate to disillusion you, but if you hook up the wires backwards, you
will inhibit healing.  Also, the voltage needs to be applied in MUCH 
lower doses, and much closer to the broken ends.
  May I suggest you check out http://www.improb.com and submit this 
for the Ig Nobel prize for Medicine.  This year's winner had heard that
electicity could neutralize rattlesnake venom, so he hooked up the jumper
cables to his alternator and "treated" a snakebite.  the snakebite was
on his face ... he tried to kiss the snake.

Callie

e-mail [email-masked]
The Write Page for genre fiction

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul Mitchell)
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 06:46:03 GMT

>The Write Page for genre fiction
Some  folks in the Amazon Basin utilize a jolt off the spark
plug leads of their boats applied directly to venomous bites.
Read this in National Geographic a few years ago.  Given the
high voltage level of a spark plug jolt (from experience), the
fact that many venoms are large proteins with complex tertiary
structures, and the fact that blood conducts electricity a lot
better than other tissue, I don't find the idea the least bit
absurd, I think it ought to be checked out scientifically if it
hasn't already been.  I'd hate to do it to my face though.