Subject: Garlic 3/4

From: [email-masked] (Pete Samsons)
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 1995 16:40:34 GMT

CANCER -- Garlic preparations of various kinds, mostly in natural form, but
also as extracts of juices, have been used successfully against cancer both
in animal and human studies over the last 30 years.

In 1957  Science' reported the results of animal studies conducted by
Weisberger and Pensky: mice injected with cancerous cells lived only 16
days while mice injected with cancerous cells treated with garlic extract
lived for six months.  Other studies showed that breast cancer was
completely inhibited in female mice which were fed fresh garlic.

Similar results were obtained by scientists at the Tokyo Medical
University.  Two groups of mice were injected with cancer cells.  One group
has put on a diet which included daily rations of garlic and the other
group received the same diet without the garlic.  Cancer developed in the
non-garlic group while no cancer developed in the garlic eaters.

At Western Reserve University the researchers first induced cancers to grow
in the mice wand then gave them injections of a garlic enzyme preparation . 
Although the garlic delayed the onset of the malignancy and in some cases
completely prevented it, it was necessary in all cases to keep the animals
on the preparation or cancers would grow.

In the last few years immunologist Benjamin Lau, M.D., Ph.D. and his
colleagues at the Loma Linda University School of Medicine have been deeply
involved with the investigation of the therapeutic use of garlic.  A news
release from Loma Linda University News Service states that Dr. Lau "has
reported the cure of mouse tumors with garlic extract."

In 1987, the medical update section of the Riverside, CA  Press Enterprise'
announced "Eating garlic seems to boost blood cells' anti-cancer action." 
Covering a presentation at the annual meeting of the Federation of American
Societies for Experimental Biology, the newspaper journalist reported,
"Killer white blood cells taken from people who ate raw garlic killed 139
percent more tumor cells in vitro than did similar cells from non-garlic
eaters."

The article went on the state the white cells of people who have been
taking an especially prepared garlic extract killed 159 percent more tumor
cells than the cells of those folks in the group which did not take garlic
in any form.

MISCELLANEOUS -- Garlic has been cited as useful in a number of other
disorders from balancing blood sugar in diabetic patients to relieving
arthritis.  Other conditions improved include chronic colitis, gastritis
and whooping cough, diarrhea, intestinal putrefaction, dyspepsia, asthma,
acne, pinworm in children, eye irritation and fatigue, ear infections,
sinusitis and nose and mouth infections.

//////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
| \ \____THANK YOU,___________________________________/ / |
|\ \/          e-mail to: [email-masked]          \/ /|
| \/  WWW Site: http://www.nutra.com/browse/petesams/  \/ |
|\/     The Site with information on 145+ Vitamins,     \/|
|/         Minerals, Herbs and Food Supplements.         \|
//////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
              "Natures Miracle is. . . Nature"