Subject: Re: Milk thistle - how to grow

From: Liz Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Aug 1995 17:43:32 GMT

Sounds great. I have been trying to locate milkthistle seeds, as the 
capsules are so expensive, but am not sure of genus, species, etc etc. 
Might I trouble you for your source of seeds?
Thanks!
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Victor Louden)
Date: 4 Sep 1995 22:30:25 GMT

I too, would like to grow my own Milk Thistle - can someone send me info?

Thanks

Vic Louden   [email-masked]

---

From: Maggie Houston <[email-masked]>
Date: 5 Sep 1995 17:36:51 GMT

I grow milk thistle in my front yard as part of  my "reinvented urban garden." 
Remember it's a waste area plant and doesn't want much fussing.  So once 
you plant the seeds give it a few feet of space and leave it.  The nurseries 
around town know about my project so they call with their left overs and 
we give them a home.  In this way I have both the pink and yellow flowering 
variety.  They are marginally attractive, are growing in a dry area of the 
garden and in full sun.  We planted in the early spring and in the late summer.  
Both planting survived with moderate to little watering.  The soil was 
prepared with horse manure and we only use chicken manure for extra 
fertilizing.  Maggie