Subject: Re: catnip

From: Liz Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: 5 Oct 1995 12:09:07 GMT

molly tull <[email-masked]> wrote:
<snip>
>catnip is a narcotic, but only for cats. if you were to take some, all 
>you'd succeed in doing is making yourself sick. 

 Hey, now.. it makes an excellent bedtime tea. We usually have a cup of 
catnip once or twice a week. Makes you sleepy, of course... but never 
sick, at least in my experience. Tastes good, too. Historically catnip 
has been used to help children fall asleep. I've always wondered what the 
active compound was though-- anyone know anything about it?

>however, you should keep 
>it away from dogs (i know someone whose pekingnese became extremely 
>addicted to it when given a cat toy to play with).
 ...so it's ok if I let my cat get stoned, but the dog has to play it 
straight?? :>

Liz

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 6 Oct 1995 00:21:56 GMT

>>you'd succeed in doing is making yourself sick. 

Not true.  I use it to ease my upset stomache.  It's also a slight sedative
for humans.

Meow, 
Jessica
_________________________________
Jessica Rabbit, The Next Generation:

I'm not bad, I just type that way.
_________________________________

---

From: [email-masked] (Marylin Kraker)
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 1995 09:49:56 GMT

molly tull <[email-masked]> writes:

> [email-masked] (OzzyO 1111) wrote:
> >does anyone know any thing about catnip i mean anything
> you'd succeed in doing is making yourself sick. however, you should keep 
Catnip is one of the mints. Catnip tea is fine for humans and, like other    
mints, can help an upset stomach. It may also have a calming, relaxing
effect used at bedtime.

Health,
Marylin
--
Marylin Kraker, user of the C4 Yourself BBS @ c4systm.com
E-Mail: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 C4 Yourself BBS       Voice: (517) 423-3454        Fax/BBS: (517) 423-3667
 C4 Systems, Inc.   6585 Hack Road, RR#1, Clinton, Michigan, USA 49236-9530