Subject: ALERT: Alt. Healing on NBC TV Sept. 12

From: [email-masked] (maximum impact )
Date: 11 Sep 1995 10:15:43 GMT

Tuesday, Sept. 12 the NBC-TV Network program *The Other Side* is
scheduled to be on alternative medicine. The title of that day's show
is *Doctors Who Bucked the System.* The guests include Kristy Fassler,
ND, a leading naturopathic physician from NH and a patient Dr. Fassler
treated successfully for colitis using homeopathy, nutrition, and herbs
(after the patient used conventional medicine for 20 years with no
benefit) and Vicki Hufnagel, MD, author of *No More Hysterectomies,*
and one of her patients. Several other clinicians and researchers
appear on the program, which was taped before a live studio audience at
NBC's Burbank, CA studios on August 16.

*The Other Side* airs for an hour during the daytime Monday-Friday on
70 percent of NBC's 200-plus affiliated stations around the country. In
Los Angeles and New York, for example, it airs at 9 am. For airtimes in
other cities, check local listings.

*The Other Side,* which NBC describes as a *non-traditional reality
talk show,* covers alternative medicine on a regular basis. Last
January, for example, in a program on alternative cancer therapies,
Stanislaw Burzynski, MD, PhD and one of his young patients were
featured guests. Unlike many other mainstream media presentations on
alternative medicine, *The Other Side* takes a fair, objective, and
generally positive approach. When the show set to air Sept. 12 was
taped, the subject was treated seriously and without prejudice.

There are reports that *The Other Side,* which has been on the air
since the fall of 1994, is being considered for renewal by the network.
Viewers who support the program are advised to contact NBC and/or their
local stations to speak up for the show at what may be a critical time.

By the way, the author of this post has no connection with NBC, *The
Other Side,* any of the program's sponsors, etc.