Subject: Re: Herb Garden Questions

From: [email-masked] (Ty Meissner)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 04:27:00 -0800

-=> Quoting Tim Anderson to All <=-

 TA>  TA> Newsgroups: alt.folklore.herbs
 TA> Organization: Blarg! Online Services   206/441-9109

 TA> I just started a small Herb garden with Cilantro, Parsley, Dill,
 TA> Chamomile, Basil and oregano.  They are in a indoor container.  I
 TA> could  use some advise because I never started one before..  I'm not
 TA> trying to  make it huge or professional.  These are just for personal
 TA> cooking usage,  I plan to transplant them outdoors when the frost lets
 TA> up.

        Make sure that they get plenty of light.   Buy a grow light if
        you can't give them at least 5 hours of good sunlight a day.

        When you water, soak them good, them let them dry out fairly
        well before watering so that you don't drown them and cause root
        rot.  Best fertilizer for herbs is fish emulsion.   Apply
        according to directions and don't overdo it.   Don't fertilize
        every time you water.

        Lots of chefs grow herbs in kitchen window boxes.
  Regards,

  Ty

... In plumbing, a straight flush is better than a full house
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internet: [email-masked] (Ty Meissner)
-  The Electronic Grapevine, Napa, CA  (707) 257-2338
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------