Subject: *****HERB/S FOR COLD SORE

From: [email-masked] (Ed Barcik)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 15:02:00 -0500

20-Jan-96 16:28:00  csw
EB> @FROM   :[email-masked]                                 
EB>              
EB> @SUBJECT:*****HERB/S FOR COLD SORES ON LIPS (HERPES) ?
EB> *****          
EB>Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
EB>Newsgroups: alt.folklore.herbs
EB>Organization: inlink

EB>Does anyone know of a GOOD/PROVEN herbal remedy for cold
EB>sores cuased by  herpes?  Also ckicken pox and shingles? 
EB>Since they are all caused by the  same virus family.

EB>thanks
EB>-Steven
EB>[email-masked]

I was told that TeaTree essential oil would work.

[email-masked]
Wise man say, OK to meet girl in park but better to park meat in girl!

 _ _  ---------------------------------------------------------------
|_|_| PC-OHIO PCBoard OIS      pcohio.com      HST 16.8: 216-381-3320
|_|_| The Best BBS in America  Cleveland, OH  V34+ 33.6: 216-691-3030
      ---------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (john midura)
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 1996 04:23:45 GMT

Hi Steve.....
	For cold sores, tea tree oil works really well. Dries them up quickly
and promotes healing, while also helping to kill the virus.

Shingles are another matter. One of the best remedies for this type of
viral outbreak is St. Johnswort Oil, massaged into the shingles daily
along with immune system boosters like echinacea, astragalus, pau
D'arco and/or cat's claw.

Thanks,   John Midura

---

From: [email-masked] (YeiBiChe)
Date: 26 Jan 1996 21:43:07 -0500

I have used Nightshade (not deadly nightshade) root, pounded mixed with
flour and water to form a paste, with great success.  Nightshade is a vine
with small purple flowers, the petals fold back (kind of a reverse
trumpet)
In winter it has red berries, not black.  Black berries are the deadly
nightshade.
I

---

From: [email-masked] (YeiBiChe)
Date: 26 Jan 1996 20:39:43 -0500

---

From: [email-masked] (Renee Mercier)
Date: 28 Jan 1996 01:33:01 GMT

john midura ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Hi Steve.....
: 	For cold sores, tea tree oil works really well. Dries them up quickly
: and promotes healing, while also helping to kill the virus.

: Shingles are another matter. One of the best remedies for this type of
: viral outbreak is St. Johnswort Oil, massaged into the shingles daily
: along with immune system boosters like echinacea, astragalus, pau
: D'arco and/or cat's claw.

: Thanks,   John Midura

: [email-masked] (Ed Barcik) wrote:

: >20-Jan-96 16:28:00  csw
: >EB> @FROM   :[email-masked]                                 
: >EB>              
: >EB> @SUBJECT:*****HERB/S FOR COLD SORES ON LIPS (HERPES) ?
: >EB> *****          
: >EB>Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
: >EB>Newsgroups: alt.folklore.herbs
: >EB>Organization: inlink

: >EB>Does anyone know of a GOOD/PROVEN herbal remedy for cold
: >EB>sores caused by  herpes? 

Hyland's Homeopathic Cold Sore & Fever Blister  formula, has always workded really well
for me.  However, I ran out and was taking Zand's Echinacea/Goldenseal
combo (tincture in water) because I was "fighting something off" (that's
why I had the cold sores), and that seemed to work well, too. 

 I have
always found that the internal remedies have always worked better than
the external (ie blistex, etc)

			Renee 

 Also ckicken pox and shingles? 
: >EB>Since they are all caused by the  same virus family.

: >EB>thanks
: >EB>-Steven
: >EB>[email-masked]

: >I was told that TeaTree essential oil would work.

: >[email-masked]
: >Wise man say, OK to meet girl in park but better to park meat in girl!

: > _ _  ---------------------------------------------------------------
: >|_|_| PC-OHIO PCBoard OIS      pcohio.com      HST 16.8: 216-381-3320
: >|_|_| The Best BBS in America  Cleveland, OH  V34+ 33.6: 216-691-3030
: >      ---------------------------------------------------------------