Subject: Re: Running low on iron

From: [email-masked]
Date: 20 Jul 1995 14:24:52 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Miner for Truth and Delusion) writes:

>Are there any natural things I could do to raise my iron level..
>I am not anemic just low. I am breastfeeding two babes and am feeling
>pretty dragged out. Any help would be appreciated.
>I do not like liver and do not want to take iron pills.
>Thanks          
>Billie Kay

Eat lots of spinach and other dark green vegetables (I like spinach salad).
Floradix makes an iron plus herbs liquid that is very good, but it's also
quite expensive.  I also have recipes for an herbal iron tincture, and for a 
syrup that's similar to Floradix's.  E-mail me if you'd like one or both
of them.

---Renee
   [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (J Waldrup)
Date: 21 Jul 1995 09:17:42 -0600

In article <[email-masked]>,
>I do not like liver and do not want to take iron pills.

Something very important I learned from my doctor:  If you drink milk or 
anything with caffeine when you take your suppliment or eat a meal, all 
of the iron is rendered inabsorbable.  He gave me a handout that said it 
is best to avoid milk and caffeine for 1hr before and 1hr after each meal 
or suppliment from which you intened to get iron.

Prior to getting this information I was chronically anemic all of my life 
(19 years).  Since then, I have not been anemic once (2 full years).  I'm 
sure the red cross is happy, since I can give blood regularly now! :)

Peace.

-- 
*          Joni Waldrup          ||   Someday I'll be a Unix Goddess!    *
* University Of Montana C.I.S.   || (If I can figure Pine out first! :)  *
* --==>[email-masked]<==-- || "To leprechauns, some real folks     * 
*   ---===>[email-masked]<===---   || don't exist either."-- Tommy 4/3/95  *

---

From: [email-masked] (Claire DeLeo)
Date: 20 Jul 1995 21:44:39 -0600

Try drinking a tea made out of stinging nettles.  I drink it whenever I 
am feeling run down.  Nettles is high in iron.

Claire 
[email-masked]

Miner for Truth and Delusion ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Are there any natural things I could do to raise my iron level..
: I am not anemic just low. I am breastfeeding two babes and am feeling
: pretty dragged out. Any help would be appreciated.
: I do not like liver and do not want to take iron pills.
: Thanks          
: Billie Kay