Subject: got a question...

From: [email-masked] (jesebel)
Date: 24 Jan 1996 21:24:09 GMT

I'm hoping that one of you can help, because we're at the end of our rope
here...

For the last year or so, my brother has been suffering from daily nausea and
vomiting.  He's been checked out by many doctors, and they've all pronounced him
fit as a fiddle, except for pre-existing asthma & a chemical imbalance, and
(surprise!) his thinness.

He is currently taking an anti-psychotic and his asthma medication, neither of
which seem to be causing the nausea/vomiting (problem existed before he was
taking the medication).

We cannot find any anti-nauseant that does its job for him...first we tried
Gravol and Pepto-Bismol, but he can't keep them down.  He tried ginger in all
forms (flat ginger ale, ginger root, capsules) but they don't stay down either.
His only relief now is ever-increasing amounts of marijuana, and even that
brings only temporary relief.

If anyone has any suggestions on herbal remedies for this type of problem, I'd
welcome them here or by email at [email-masked] . Five doctors have
agreed there's nothing wrong, but we can see that there IS something wrong!
He desperately wants to keep his food down and regain the weight he's lost in
the last year, and it's breaking my heart to see him so sick all the time and
not being able to suggest anything.

Jenean

    .-.                                                               .-.
   /   \           .-.                                 .-.           /   \
  /     \         /   \       .-.     _     .-.       /   \         /     \
-/----Jezebel----/-----\-----/---\---/-\---/---\[email-masked]\-
          \     /       \   /     `-'   `-'     \   /       \     /
           \   /         `-'                     `-'         \   /
            `-'                                               `-'

---

From: [email-masked] (Jennifer B. Jakiel)
Date: 28 Jan 1996 17:50:07 -0800

jesebel ([email-masked]) wrote:

: I'm hoping that one of you can help, because we're at the end of our rope
: here...

: For the last year or so, my brother has been suffering from daily nausea and
: vomiting.  He's been checked out by many doctors, and they've all pronounced him
: fit as a fiddle, except for pre-existing asthma & a chemical imbalance, and
: (surprise!) his thinness.

: He is currently taking an anti-psychotic and his asthma medication, neither of
: which seem to be causing the nausea/vomiting (problem existed before he was
: taking the medication).

: We cannot find any anti-nauseant that does its job for him...first we tried
: Gravol and Pepto-Bismol, but he can't keep them down.  He tried ginger in all
: forms (flat ginger ale, ginger root, capsules) but they don't stay down either.
: His only relief now is ever-increasing amounts of marijuana, and even that
: brings only temporary relief.

: If anyone has any suggestions on herbal remedies for this type of problem, I'd
: welcome them here or by email at [email-masked] . Five doctors have
: agreed there's nothing wrong, but we can see that there IS something wrong!
: He desperately wants to keep his food down and regain the weight he's lost in
: the last year, and it's breaking my heart to see him so sick all the time and
: not being able to suggest anything.

: Jenean

Just a theory, but have you thought of taking him to an allergist?
He might have food allergies... these could also be causing his asthma
and chemical imbalance.

--Jen

:     .-.                                                               .-.
:    /   \           .-.                                 .-.           /   \
:   /     \         /   \       .-.     _     .-.       /   \         /     \
: -/----Jezebel----/-----\-----/---\---/-\---/---\[email-masked]\-
:           \     /       \   /     `-'   `-'     \   /       \     /
:            \   /         `-'                     `-'         \   /
:             `-'                                               `-'

---

From: [email-masked](CooL714)
Date: 29 Jan 1996 10:28:23 GMT

Have you tried Fenergan? (not sure about the spelling) My wife had the
same type problem with her stomach a couple years back. Doctors ran
every test in the world, and found nothing. A lady I worked with had
the same problem and she told me to have the md. give her Fenergan and
something to help with digestion (there all about the same) and see
what happens. It worked great!

Now if we could find something to help with the Fibromyalgia life would
be cool.

---

From: [email-masked] (Callie)
Date: 27 Jan 1996 17:27:01 -0700

In article <[email-masked]>,
   [email-masked] (jesebel) wrote:

>For the last year or so, my brother has been suffering from daily 
>nausea and vomiting. 

>brings only temporary relief.

Hypnosis might work. He's probably developed the habit or reflex
of vomiting, and that can cause a chemical imbalance because of the
loss of stomach acid.

Callie

[email-masked]      | The Write Page for genre fiction:
http://www.writepage.com  | All the books that are fun to read.