Subject: Re: Herbs and Alcohol

From: [email-masked] (Indigo121)
Date: 4 Oct 1995 12:26:39 -0400

There is a product containing Kudzu in a tea form known as Before and
After Tea.  It's being sold as a hangover remedy as well as an alcohol
detox formula.  We've given it to many patients with good results.  If
anyone is interested in purchasing it you can email [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul Iannone)
Date: 06 Oct 1995 00:26:52 GMT

In message ID <[email-masked]> on 10/4/95, Indigo121 wrote:

: There is a product containing Kudzu in a tea form known as Before and
: After Tea.  It's being sold as a hangover remedy as well as an alcohol
: detox formula.  We've given it to many patients with good results.  If
: anyone is interested in purchasing it you can email [email-masked].

The demonstrated value of kudzu in the lab for interfering with alcohol
craving was at fairly high levels. The evidence is that this functions as
chemical aversion therapy, not as a 'hangover remedy.' 

You shouldn't pay for this product. Kudzu grows all over the south, and
people would pay you good money to 'harvest' it. 

Bring your flamethrower.

--Paul  ||  [email-masked]
--

---

From: "J.B." <[email-masked]>
Date: 7 Oct 1995 12:20:34 GMT

Heard on the news this past summer that an extract made from Kudzoo kills 
a craving for alcohol.  Kudzoo is that vine imported from Japan for use 
in erosion control; unfortunately, it grows VERY rapidly and is 
uncontainable. Ever seen it in Georgia? It covers entire trees. Produces 
a potato-like root.