Subject: WHERE ARE the herbal appetite suppressors?!!??

From: "Ralph D. Arnold" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 95 20:12:52 PST

WHERE ARE YOU ALL?  I posted this message and received only 2 responses.
Aren't herbal compounds a reasonable/traditional part of dieting?

On Sun, 3 Sep 95 23:30:12 PST, 
Ralph D. Arnold  <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Any suggestions on which herbs (or combinations) would suppress appetite
>and help in weight loss?  Thanks!
>Ralph Arnold,  [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Carlene Paquette)
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 15:01:59 GMT

>>Ralph Arnold,  [email-masked]
Sorry but most herbal concoctions related to dieting are highly dangerous.
 They artifically elevate the metabolism through the use of Ma Huang, Gotu
Kola and other herbs.  They also induce diarehea type effects causing you
to lose only as long as you take the potion.  I really suggest that you
try eating low fat and managing your hunger by eating the right stuff and
using exercise to boos tyour metabolism.  I've been doing this and am down
30 pounds since January when I started - all relatively no pain, no hunger.

Carlene

PS - try reading alt.food.fat-free and alt.suuport.diet for more info

--
"I'm thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said...  
       'I drank what?'" - from "Real Genius"
Carlene Paquette - Now Employed Geographer at Large - Ottawa, Ontario

---

From: [email-masked] (Bacon Mary)
Date: 13 Sep 1995 22:54:37 -0400

WHERE ARE YOU ALL?  I posted this message and received only 2 responses.
Aren't herbal compounds a reasonable/traditional part of dieting
************************
  You could try lettuce or spinach or broccoli.
 Mary

---

From: Jerry Haugen <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Sep 1995 03:25:59 GMT

> Aren't herbal compounds a reasonable/traditional part of dieting

An upcoming article in The Mushroom Growers' Newsletter will note
that in Nigeria a soup make with the tropical mushroom 
Pleuratus tuber-regium is eaten in combination with a dish called 
"akasan" for weight loss.

Jerry, Editor
The Mushroom Growers' Newsletter
[email-masked]