Subject: Help! My Daughter Has Ecz

From: [email-masked] (JOHN DRAPER)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 95 09:43:00 -0500

MS>My Daughter who is three years old has eczema, has had it since birth.
MS>We have tried all sorts of medical "cures", nothing has worked. Does
MS>anyone out there know of any herbal remedies or treatments. Its
MS>really hard to watch my child suffer like this.

There are quite a few different eczema remedies in the herbal books, but
here is one of serval, that I found in the book "Heinerman's Encylopedia
of Fruits, Vegatables and Herbs", author John Heinerman, publisher
Parker Publishing Co., West Nyack, NY 10995.

...Burdock Root is perhaps the most widely used of all blood
purifiers, among the best the herbal kingdom has to offer, and THE most
important herb for treating chronic skin problems.  It is one of the few
than can effectively treat eczema, acne, psoriasis, boils, herpes and
syphilitic sores, styes, carbuncles, cankers and like.

To make a effective tea, bring 1 quart of water to a boil.  Reduce heat
to simmer, adding 4 teaspoons of cut, dried root.  Cover and let simmer
for 7 minutes, then remove from heat and let steep for 2 hours longer.
Drink a minimum of 2 cups per day on an empty stomach (more if chronic
skin problems persist).  A larger quanity can be made and used to wash
the skin.  Or capsules (4 per day) from your local health food store
under the Nature's Way label may be taken instead.

I wish you and your daughter the best.  Please let me know the results
if you choose to try this treatment.

                                                     John D

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Psychotronic BBS * Durham, NC * 919-286-7738 (v.34) / 286-4542 (v.32bis)
c/o Books Do Furnish A Room, 1809 W Markham Av, Durham, NC 27705

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Psychotronic BBS * Durham, NC * 919-286-7738 (v.34) / 286-4542 (v.32bis)
c/o Books Do Furnish A Room, 1809 W Markham Av, Durham, NC 27705