Subject: Re: Wormwood/Artemisia/Thujone

From: [email-masked] (Paul Iannone)
Date: 24 Jul 1995 07:18:30 GMT

In message ID <[email-masked]> on 7/23/95, RAVENDNCR wrote:

: Excuse me, but cabbage is a brassica along with broccoli,
: cauliflower and brussels sprouts.  I eat one type of this vegetable
: family (a cup or more, raw or cooked) every day and hey, suffer no
: ill effects.  In fact, during the winter I eat cole slaw every day
: to keep the body elimination function on schedule as fresh fruit is
: too expensive.
: 
: Harmony prevails.

You are excused, but that does not eliminate the risk of cyanide poisoning
>from  Brassica cultivars (broccoli, collards, mustard greens, rutabaga,
kohlrabi, kale, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, cabbages (but not Bok Choy),
etc.). The only practical way you are going to put yourself in danger is with
cabbage juice or sauerkraut--concentrated use, in other words. My comments
were meant as a caution in the context of using cabbage as a medicinal food.

- sent via an evaluation copy of BulkRate (unregistered).
--