Subject: Hops vs drug tests?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 1995 08:06:02 UTC

Does hops (Humulus lupulus) cause false positives on drug tests?
 
As it part of Family Cannabinacea, and its Lupuline component is
chemically related to THC, is there a chance that it would be mistaken
for marijuana?  Would the form it's taken be a factor?
 
None of the FAQs or FTP sites I've seen yet discuss this issue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
To find out more about the anon service, send mail to [email-masked].
If you reply to this message, your message WILL be *automatically* anonymized
and you are allocated an anon id. Read the help file to prevent this.
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] ()
Date: 14 Sep 1995 09:13:39 GMT

[email-masked] wrote:
:  
: Does hops (Humulus lupulus) cause false positives on drug tests?
:  
: As it part of Family Cannabinacea, and its Lupuline component is
: chemically related to THC, is there a chance that it would be mistaken
: for marijuana?  Would the form it's taken be a factor?

Why is this posted anonymously?  Afraid of buying hops?...they're legal, 
you know.  

Anyway, I tried smoking hops once and found them to be a big nothing.  
Don't waste your time and money; use them to brew beer where they are 
much better suited.  Don't have any infor on your question though.

Don.