Subject: Re: Sarcoidosis

From: David Powner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 95 07:25:50 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>
           [email-masked] "Nancy" writes:

> I have sarcoidosis, but even the docters I've spoken with, don't seem know
> much about it - how one gets it, etc. Does anyone know much about this.
> 
A rare disease of unknown cause - usually affecting young adults.

I assume you don't need to have the symptoms described.

In most cases no treatment is required, and about 90% recover within 2 years.
The remainder develop a permanent chronic form.

If you need more information, feel free to email me.

-- 
David Powner                   Internet: [email-masked]
Micronair {Pollution Control}  Phone   :(01782) 565816
1 Blackthorn Place             Fax     :(01782) 565834
Newcastle under Lyme           Data    :(01782) 562213 (24hr BBS to V32)
ST5 7BE          U.K.          Mobile  : 0831 879135

---

From: [email-masked] (PROKIS)
Date: 23 Jul 1995 20:24:59 -0400

The person writing that this disease usually disappears in about two years
probably doesn't have it!  I do!   It is a chronic disease.   Sometimes it
goes away for awhile and then returns.   It was originally called Broek's
Sarcoid.   In 1960 there was an international conference and the meds
thought maybe it came from Pine Pollen, then later, a group of
micro-bacteria like T. B., now a virus, because the turbles, healed over
places resemble the protein matrix in Alzheimers.   

Personally, I think no one knows.  My best help was from an erbal clinic
in Mexico.   Do not use steroids, only as a last resort.    There is a
good description of the disease, and the most comprehesive that I have
found in the rare disease data base on Compuserve.    

I had a tumor show up at the lymphatic duct and it was biopsyed at the VA
as Sarcoidosis.   This was in 1973.   I have been in a living -----ever
since., chronic fatigue, CNS problems, polyarthritis etc.   It can go
malignant, it can be fatal, you can go blind.   So, the disease is serious
and the person who answered you inquiry simply knows nothing about
personally having an acute chronic case of the disease.    Herbs help.  
write back and I'll tell you what help me the most. 

Sincerely, [email-masked]