Subject: re: fibromyalgia

From: [email-masked] (Sandy Roberts)
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 06:23:21 -0400

Thought I would leave this information for anyone interested.  I have 
fibromyalgia and have been taking convential medications with limited success. 
 I recently tried an herbal combination that worked amazingly well.  It is 
made by Gaia Herbs and is called passiflorus elixir.  My usual dosage of 
convential medications was 1 flexeril (muscle relaxant) morning and evening 
and 1 Pamolor (antidepressant) in the evening only.  This made it possible for 
me to function but I was still in a lot of pain.  However, the passiflorus 
elixir allowed me to eliminate both medications.  I woke up with no muscle 
pain and without the sleepiness and hangover symptoms that are associated with 
the two convential medications I was taking.  The only contradiction to the 
elixir that I have noted is possibly people prone to migraine headaches.  I 
have had to stop taking the elixir due to the tendency at least for me to 
bring about a migraine headache on arising.  This may be a peculiar tendency 
on my part and considering the amazing results otherwise would still recommend 
giving this product a try if you have fibromyalgia.  The ingredients in the 
elixir are as follows: 	fresh passionflower (Passifora incarnata)
		fresh scullcap  (Scutellaria lateriflora)
		fresh camomile flowers  (Matricaria recutica)
		fresh hop strobile  (Humulus lupulus)
		fresh wild oats (Avena sativa)
	 	fresh peppermint leaves  (Mentha piperita)
		fresh mugwort leaf (Artemesia vulgaris)
		hawthorn berry solid extract (Crataegus oxycantha)
		peppermint essence
		syrup of organic mulberries and apricots
		blend of sea vegation and marine algae
		vegetable glycerine

dosage is one teaspoon to a small glass of warm water taken 3-4 times daily.  
I was taking only one dose at bedtime and this relieved all muscle pain as I 
said the only drawback for me was the morning headache.  I am presently going 
to start working through this formula one ingredient at a time to determine 
which is the culprit as far as the headache is concerned and to see if the 
rest of the combined ingredients will duplicate the relief of muscle pain once 
it is eliminated.  Perhaps someone with more knowledge of herbs could tell me 
which of the above ingredients is the most likely culprit or perhaps give me 
further information on other herbs useful for fibromyalgia.  Please e-mail me 
at [email-masked]  

Blessed Be!
Angharad