Subject: Warning: Brussels can damage your health

From: Stuart <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 1995 19:56:04 GMT

London, 8 October 1995

*European-wide threat to nutritional supplements*

In 1992, it was revealed that the European Commission planned to
Œharmonize¹ vitamin and mineral supplements throughout the European Union.

What the proposed legislation meant would have that only very weak dose
vitamin/mineral supplements could have been sold  - higher doses would
not be available unless they were classified as medicines, a procedure
too expensive for most vitamin companies.  The Medicines Act requires
laboratory and animal testing, sometimes for two years or more before a
licence is granted, this can add at least £10,000 to the cost of making a
product.

It was predicted that 95% of higher range vitamin and mineral supplements
could disappear from shops, and two out of three health shops could close
as a result of the plans.  Even cod liver oil could be affected as it
contains more than the proposed limit for vitamin D.

Thanks, however, to a public outcry and various media campaigns the 1992
proposals were abandoned: or so we thought!  It seems the matter had just
been Œput on the shelf¹ only to await another opportunity to rear its
ugly head.  According to an article in the September 1995 edition
_Nutritional Therapy Today_, it seems that yet again rumblings are being
heard on this issue.  In reply to parliamentary questions and letters to
MPs enquiring about the European Commission¹s plans for dietary
supplements, it transpires that not only is there to be a further attempt
to legislate in this field but that our own (British) Government has been
extremely secretive about recent developments.

Many people require larger doses of vitamins and minerals either due to
certain illnesses or because they have severe deficiencies.  Many others
take higher dose supplements to combat some of the perils of modern
living such as pollution, stress, pesticides and food additives.  These
people would suffer if this legislation was to be passed.  The Institute
of Optimum Nutrition in London has much literature and many case
histories about the positive effects of higher dose supplements.  In
addition to the people whose health will be affected, many vitamin
companies could go out of business and jobs be lost.  Britain has many
excellent small vitamin companies providing an extremely efficient mail
order service of top quality products.  These companies excel in their
field and yet this heinous piece of legislation could see businesses like
these disappear.

And what of our Government?  It seems we cannot count on them to stand by
British business or the needs of our people.  Surely a healthier nation
means a more productive workforce and shorter queues at the Doctor¹s? 
The huge public outcry of 1992 should have been enough for the Government
to have said Œno¹ to Europe on this issue once and for all, but obviously
they¹ve just been waiting for the noise to die down before trying to
furtively sneak this poisonous piece of legislation through once again.

UK readers wishing to complain about this attempt to limit the
availability of nutritional supplements should write to their MPs at The
House of Commons, Westminster, London SW1A 0AA.

---

From: [email-masked] (John Hammell)
Date: 9 Oct 1995 01:00:19 GMT

>House of Commons, Westminster, London SW1A 0AA.

Thank you from the other side of the pond. This is a severe international
problem. The Globalists who are trying to shove a world government down our
throuts are doing their damndest to wipe out medical freedom and to force us to
take their toxic drugs. They also want to take over the dietary
supplement industry and change the laws so they can sell patented
"nutraceuticals" and "medical foods" at 20 times the cost of dietary
supplements, and you'd have to have a prescription- to boot. Well, I
say to hell with THAT noise, if the Globalist scum want to play
hardball, they are messing directly with ME, and I don't take kindly to
it, either. Here in the States, the UN/WHO is currently trying to shove
a piece of crap called the "Report on the Nineteenth Session of the
CCNFSU" from the Codex Committee on Nutrition and Foods for Special
Dietary Uses. We have a deadline of October 18 to get comments in to
Elizabeth Yetley, PhD, RD at the FDA. If anyone wants to make an
obscene phonecall to her, the number is 202-205-5372, FAX 202-205-5295.
I recommend mooning her. To do this, do a "pressed ham" on your copy
machine, make a print, and fax it in to the bitch!
On a serious note, I am working on putting together an international
coalition to combat the multinational scum who are trying to rob us of
our dietary supplements. I've got connections in a few countries and am
heavily tied in with the underground here in the States. We will win,
in the end... Let not the sands of time...get in your lunch!
-- 
 John Hammell, Political Coordinator, The Life Extension Foundation
            800-333-2553, 305-929-2905, 305-929-0507 FAX
[email-masked]  http://www.webcom.com/~lef/index.html
**For Complimentary Copy Life Extension Magazine-Send Street Address**

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 16:23:51 GMT

The sale of herbal remedies is threatened in the West, and extends
here to Canada as well.

Our rights to buy health products are in jeopardy.

Bill C7, the Controlled Substances Act, combines the Narcotic Control
Act with portions of the Food and Drug Act.  This combines Criminal
law with regulatory health.

Bill C7 is a Criminal Code framework which could implicate many common
herbal remedies and natural supplements because of their "stimulant"
or "relaxant" properties.

It would make it impossible to sell common herbals, like echineccea,
pau d'arco, etc. --- virtually anything and everything we buy in
health food stores of an herbal nature --- illegal without a
prescription.

It would do to other herbs what was done to tryptophan.
The media is jumping on melatonin, and there are cries that this
should be regulated because of supposed side effects.

Why?  Obviously and we all know this.
These herbs are popular and inexpensive.
Pharmaceuticals gain no profit.
Medical doctors lose their power, authority and control.
Whenever there is a big push for legislation, :
  "Follow the money."

Bill C7 is presently in committee, and strong forces are trying to
push it through.

I first saw this information reported on the Net October 1994,
through an article in the Manchester (UK) Guardian.

About 2 weeks later, I first heard about C7, here in Canada.
The wording was virtually the same.

Where is all this coming from?
Answer:  Brussels.

I prefer not to "fight".
I prefer to educate myself and others and withdraw my support from the
Powers That Be.

Petitions are currently be circulated in health food stores in
Toronto.
Hopefully, with enough awareness, this legislation will fail.

Canadians, write your MPs that you oppose Bill C-7.
It takes away your right of choice.

---

From: [email-masked] (John Hammell)
Date: 11 Oct 1995 07:22:57 GMT

>>House of Commons, Westminster, London SW1A 0AA.

The Globalists who seek to turn us all into serfs on their global plantation seek
to destroy health freedom the world over. The Life Extension Foundation, having
members all over the world, encourages communication between all people fighting
for the cause of freedom to band together to compare information on legislation.
The WHO/UN is trying mightily to destroy health freedom all over the world. I
spoke with a friend in Norway recently who tells me that the situation there is
getting progressively bleaker. I read parts of the Codex draft to him, and he
informs all Americans that just as health freedom has been all but destroyed in
Norway, it will also happen in the United States, through Codex if we are not
vigilant. Elizabeth A. Yetley, Ph.D., R.D. is the United States "delegate" to the
Codex Committee on Nutrition and Foods for Special Dietary Uses. My
friend in Norway tells me that the language in Codex is identical to
what is being used to snuff out health freedom on his side of the
"pond". All of this is most interesting! Aren't dieticians those
pathetic wind 'em up robots that are loose with can openers in the
kitchens of our hospitals where they serve up such allegedly
"nutritious" fare as cubed jello, creamed corn, and microwaved "Minute
Steaks"??? The American Dietetics Association is very heavily funded by
such paragons of health as Burger King, Mc Donalds, Coca Cola.... and
Dr. Yetley of the FDA is one of their proud members....Lets compare
notes, people, lets compare notes...Let us also speak out and be heard.
Its our choice. We can either fight and remain free, or we will be
enslaved by these trogladyes the world over. Has the American
Revolution become a "fat lady driving a Cadillac", not if we can help
it. Contact our main office at 800-333-2553 and ask for a free copy of
our November mag which has the latest political information on the FDA
Oversight Hearings and on the Access To Medical Treatment Act and the
Food and Dietary Consumer Information Act. Then get our form letters
into the health food stores in your area. We must pressure Congress, or
our health freedom will go the way of Norways. 

-- 
 John Hammell, Political Coordinator, The Life Extension Foundation
            800-333-2553, 305-929-2905, 305-929-0507 FAX
[email-masked]  http://www.webcom.com/~lef/index.html
**For Complimentary Copy Life Extension Magazine-Send Street Address**