Subject: Re: Cold Sores

From: [email-masked] (James)
Date: 8 Oct 1995 15:09:54 GMT

In <[email-masked]> cyli <[email-masked]> writes: 
>
> 
>I've had luck with taking a vitamin C tablet or an aspirin tablet
>and pushing it firmly against the cold sore for as long as it  (the
>tablet) would hold together.  It hurts a lot, especially at first,as
>both C and aspirin are acid and the tissue involved is sensitive 
>even before it's opened and raw from the sore.
> 
>
>There is probably some destruction of tissue and I'd think there'd 
>be some possibility of scarring.  Never noticed either one.
> 
>I can't reccomend this uncritically, but it's worked for me.
>Try some gentler methods first and give this a shot only as a last
>resort.
=======================================================================
We have found that H2O2 - 3% sprayed on the sore, with "8" glasses of
pure water per day. It has to be "water" not tea, coffee, or fruit
juices.

thanks Jim