Subject: Re: Growing herbs for coo

From: [email-masked] (Brian Ehlert)
Date: 26 Jan 1996 05:30:59 -0700

In article <[email-masked]>, Ty Meissner <[email-masked]> wrote:
>         -=> Quoting Steve to All <=-
>
> St> Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
> St> Newsgroups: alt.folklore.herbs
> St> Organization: TECLink Internet Services: [email-masked]
>
> St> Hello:
>
> St> My wife and I are planning to raise herbs to sell to the public and to
> St> restaurants. We need help with our endever like how to get started in
> St> the  planting and raising them. Then we need help in establishing a
> St> custermer  base. All help is most welcome.
>
> St> Thank you
> St> Steve Williamson
>

  ...snipping ty...and his assumptions...

Be sure to read the book "growing Herbs as a cash crop" and look around 
for a good supplier of seeds, supplies, etc.

If you haven't tried growing the plants for yourself, don't try growing 
them for sale because it could be a disaster.  Move gradually, providing 
what you can as you are able, your chances of being successful are much 
higher.

Also try to connect with one of the many professional herb growing 
organizations around the US.  Almost every state has one.  And the value 
there is experience.  Most will freely talk to you of their experiences 
and the pitfalls to watch for.

Do it with knowledge.

BrianE

-- 
=========
"I like my stupid life just the way it is, and the chaos that surrounds me
like a flock of screaming kids..."  - Boingo