Subject: Herbal releif from long standing catarrh

From: [email-masked] (Jeffers)
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 1995 16:27:04 +0000

Attention all Herbal/alternative experts, a minor request for enlightenment:

I used to suffer from colds a great deal.  Now I pop a lot of Vitamin C
and the number of colds has certainly decreased over time (12 months),
though those  I do catchc tend to be big ones.  But I still have catarrah
on my throat/chest, not a lot in quantity and it isn't very annoying but
it's there and is not easy to shift.  I don't use a loy of
asprin/parcetamol etc to treat cold symptoms and certainly don't want to
take any on a regular basis without knowning why.

So, what commonly causes this sort of catarrah?  I live in polluted London
near a main road: probably a big clue. 

 Is there a herb that helps reduce catarrah or that acts as an expectorant?

Thanks,
Jeff.

(Please respond with an email as well as a post, thanks.)

-- 
[email-masked]
London, UK.

All views and mistakes are the copyright of the author.
Don't like the view? Please stop watching the scenery.

---

From: Maggie Houston <[email-masked]>
Date: 5 Sep 1995 18:02:53 GMT

Boy you've got a problem.  Living in polluted air means that as you get rid of 
muccus more forms.  Long term you're looking a severe problems.  First you 
might try a continuing oral colon cleansing.  Do this for 15 days every 
seasonal change. ( NA's recommended way but there are many good books 
on the topic. )  A good steam bath and sauna (NA's call them sweats) 
during the same period wouldn't hurt if possible.  Use Eucalyptus, mint and 
camphur to ease the breathing.  You can boil these herbs and/or sage and 
rosemary into the air in your home or flat for help.  A very good air cleaner or 
ionizing unit at home would be good.  Hot compresses of a ginger 
decoction(boiled water and ginger root (11 minute boil), cool to handlable 
temperature, dip in towel and cover the chest area.  Change when towel 
cool and until skin turns red. This should be hot but NOT SCALDING.  Do this 
several days in a row.  I have personally taken up to 5000 units of  vitamin C 
per hour for accute congestion.  But drink lots of water if you do this.  I have 
taken myself from having constent broncitis, congestion and colds to hardly a 
sniffle or congestion in years using the above methods.  I have worked with 
lung cancer patients and this is part of  that protocol.  You can look at 
chelation therapy if you can afford it also.  Best Wishes in Good Health Maggie