Subject: Re: Night terrors

From: [email-masked] (JEFFREY CLAYTON)
Date: 8 Aug 1995 21:25:45 GMT

>My granddaughter has night terrors (age 8). How about a dream catcher?
I
>have tried no TV and singing. No help.

I have read that catnip tea before bed will give you a deep, dreamless
sleep (unless you drink alcohol and then it is perported to give
nightmares!)

Good luck!

Barb

---

From: [email-masked] (Alissa Sorenson)
Date: 8 Aug 1995 21:02:25 -0500

JEFFREY CLAYTON ([email-masked]) wrote:
: >My granddaughter has night terrors (age 8). How about a dream catcher?
: I
: >have tried no TV and singing. No help.

: I have read that catnip tea before bed will give you a deep, dreamless
: sleep (unless you drink alcohol and then it is perported to give
: nightmares!)

: Good luck!

: Barb

Try a tea with Betony "for a dreamless sleep" - perhaps with mint, catnip 
lavender and/or (especially) chamomile.  - Alissa

---

From: "Choli R. Lightfoot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 1995 16:18:36 -0400

To cure my night terrors i usually sleep with someone, but i have also
found that they can be caused by an insuffecient amount of hormone from
the thyriod gland.  You might want to get her check for thyriod problems.

other sleeping aids that i have found helpful are 
chamomile tea, warmed milk with a few cardamom pods in it

other things that worked when i was younger where not eating or drinking
anything within 3-4 hours of bedtime and also changing the lighting
conditions.

listen to her if she is afraid of the dark turn on more lights and if it
is already fairly bright perhaps make it darker or change the color of
the lighting, i always liked very warm yellows, but my sister liked blue.

hope this helps,
choli