Subject: Re: Ginkgo Biloba...for all ages????

From: Dave Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Nov 1995 16:37:54 GMT

Michael Wedge <[email-masked]> wrote:
>To the best of my knowledge, Gingko is used for memory loss, difficulty 
>with concentration, impotence and other conditions that are potentially 
>related to diminished blood flow.  This is one of the reasons it is used 
>post CVA (stroke) and in elderly folks with memory difficulty.  Gingko 
>also has other uses such as asthma.  Based on my knowledge of the herb, 
>it probably would not do you much good, although maybe Gingko functions 
>in other ways which I am not aware of.

   Ginkgo Biloba apprently increases blood flow to the microcapillaries.

   Take 120-160 mg daily, liquid extract at 24% concentration. Divide the
dosage into three parts, it is active in your system for 3-6 hours. 3-6
months of constant use for segnificant and permanent effects, 8 days for 
first effects, 3 weeks for "real benefits," whatever that means :)

-- 
Dave Newton           |           TOFU             |   (voice) (970) 225-4841
Symbios Logic, Inc.   |                            |     (fax) (970) 226-9582
2057 Vermont Dr.      |  It's what's for dinner.   | [email-masked]
Ft. Collins, CO 80526 |                            |