Subject: Re: asthma herbal remedy

From: [email-masked] (meyers)
Date: 18 May 1995 11:56:52 -0400

I use 2 parts coltsfoot, 1 part vervain, 1 part comfrey, 1 part yerba
santa (or chamomile).  This works for my wife.  I don't remember exactly
how this combination evolved and it wasn't recommended by any licensed
herbalist.  In my experience, it works. But I will not pretend any
expertise in this area.

---

From: [email-masked] (Jennifer B. Jakiel)
Date: 18 May 1995 05:44:41 -0700

ChitoQ ([email-masked]) wrote:
: I want to have an exchange of information about herbs that can relieve
: asthma.  I know one herb that can actually do almost the same effects as
: with regular drug theophylline but with less side effects.  Anyone with
: info about herbs that can do the same may write to me.

My husband has light asthma.  We found a tea at a friend's herb shop
containing (I wish I knew in what proportions):

     Angelica
     Anise
     Coltsfoot  (anybody know what this is?)
     Cocoa
     Ginkgo
     Kola nut
     Green tea
     Ma huang   

My husband has taken it, and says it works quite well.  You can try mixing
this yourself, or if anyone is interested, I can provide you with the 
address for the herb shop... I believe she does a good bit of mail-order
business.

-j