Subject: Preserving Rosemary (was Rosemary Jelly)

From: James A Kulacz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 95 14:44:27 PDT

My wife made a couple of suggestions to use this Rosemary:

1) Hang it up in sprigs and dry it, then use it like any other 
store-bought rosemary.  Needs to be cool and dry.

2) Put sprigs in a large bottle filled with good quality vinager, allow it 
steep for a few weeks, giving you rosemary vinager.

3) For the really exotic, you can make -aqua vitae-: steep a few sprigs 
for two weeks in 2 cups of vodka, at room temperature. Mix in equal 
amounts of sugar syrup (equal parts of sugar and water boiled until sugar 
dissolves, allow to cool to room temperature).  Steep at least two weeks, 
or until smooth and well blended.  Is supposed to be good for rhuematism, 
etc.

James

-- vexatio dat intellectum --
> 	I just trimmed back my Rosemary bushes and have about a bushel of 
> nice Rosemary cuttings.  Is there any way to make Rosemary Jelly?  Or 
any 
> other interesting and/or useful preserve from Rosemary?  
>