Subject: Re: Toxic effects of herb tea article

From: [email-masked]
Date: 3 Nov 94 22:36:25 MST

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (David Cromwell) writes:
> In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Camilla Cracchiolo) writes:
> |> Warning: long post
> |> 
> |> copyright 1994 by Camilla Cracchiolo, RN.  May be freely reproduced
> |> for non-profit purposes
> 
> Camilla,
>  
> Thanks for posting this excellent article!  Ever since my body rebelled
> against caffine about ten years ago, I have been drinking various herb
> teas, mainly Celestial Seasonings, and I have wondered if there were
> any documented health effects.  Just off the top of my head, I didn't
> recognize any of the ingredients Celestial Seasonings uses except for
> chamomile.  Have you come across any information regarding the toxic
> effects of these teas?
>  

Each herbal tea (obviously!!!) has different ingredients and therefor has
different health effects. The tea that I drink the most is a Maharishi Ayurveda
tea called "Raja's Cup," billed as a coffee substitute. It is said to be
several times more powerful a free radical scavanger then Vitamins C or E (whic
probably contributes to any "wakemeup" effects).

Ingredients: Clearing nut, Kasmard, Licorice, Winter Cherry.

Lawson