Subject: Re: new newsgroup alt.forsale.herbs

From: [email-masked] (Paul Stewart)
Date: 9 Jun 1995 09:17:52 -0400

> (Adam M. Smith) writes:
>>Gharpy ([email-masked]) wrote: : I would be interested in exploring this.
>>how shall it operate? 
>I'd interested too.  How about operating it as a network for growers to 
>exchange what they got, and get what they don't?

Dear herb-netters:
	I am building a greenhouse for production of  culinary/medicinal   
herbs from local wild sources (escapes, bogs, old forests, etc.) which 
I am establishing from cuttings and tissue-cultured samples. I wish to 
exchange target species, cultivation, marketing and usage ideas with 
anyone of similar interest. This idea of networking to share materials 
such as seeds and cuttings might be aided by shipping the plants as 
sterile tissue culture cuttings. This, I have found, gets around such 
problems as restricted export of endangered species and customs hold-ups. 
As well, I would like to correspond to anyone who is interested in 
sharing seed and cuttings of med herbs within Canada. I can see that 
sharing of markets, especially for small specialty producers would be a 
very valuable (eg-selling each other's stuff in our local markets) way to 
round out our product lines. Hope we can get it together. Anyone 
interested in starting by sharing lists of desired and available species 
can email me direct. 

ABIOGEN c/o Paul Stewart
RR #2 Vernon Bridge
Prince Edward Island
CANADA   C0A 2E0
[email-masked]