Subject: Buying Raw Roots & Herbs

From: Dave Bowles <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 96 20:43:25 PDT

Allen-Allen & Bowles Dealers in Roots & Herbs
RR 2 Box 179, Birdseye, Indiana 47513
Voice: (812) 685-2293 Fax: (812) 389-2457
[email-masked]

              1995-96 Fall/Winter Digger Price list
           Currently awaiting the Spring 96 Price List
            The Items listed with * are in Good Demand

Prices subject to change without notice and are for clean and dry
material per pound.

 BAYBERRY BARK.............. 1.50   PEACH LEAF...................  .50
 BETH ROOT.................. 2.00   PLEURISY ROOT................ 1.00 
 BLACKBERRY ROOT............  .60   PLUM BARK....................  .50
 BLACK ROOT (CULVERS)....... 7.50   POKE ROOT..(CUT/DRY).........  .30
 BLACK HAW ROOT OR TREE.....  .50   PRICKLEY ASH TREE BARK....... NONE
 BLACK COHOSH ROOT.......... 1.35   NO. AMERICANA................ 1.50
 BLACK INDIANA HEMP ROOT.... 1.00   SO. ZANTHOXLUM............... 2.00
 BLOOD ROOT................. 4.00   QUEEN OF MEADOW ROOT.........  .75
 BLUE COHOSH ROOT........... 1.00   QUEEN OF MEADOW HERB.........  .30
 BLUE VERVAIN HERB..........  .35   QUEENS DELIGHT ROOT.......... 2.50
 BURDOCK ROOT............... 1.25   RED CLOVER BLOSSOMS.......... 1.50
 BLUE FLAG ROOT............. 2.25  *SASSAFRAS LEAF............... 1.00
 BONESET....................  .40   SASSAFRAS ROOT BK (NAT)...... 3.00
 BUGLEWEED HERB.............  .50   SASSAFRAS ROOT BK (SEL) ROSS. 6.00
 BUTTERNUT TREE BARK........  .30   SASSAFRAS TREE BARK..........  .15
 BUTTON SNAKE ROOT-SPLIT.... 1.50   SARSAPARILLA ROOT............ 1.50
 CALAMUS ROOT-SWEET FLAG....  .75   SENECA SNAKE ROOT............ 7.50
 CATNIP HERB................  .75   SCULLCAP HERB (TRUE BLUE).... 3.00
 CHICKWEED..................  .75   SOLOMAN SEAL ROOT............ 1.75
 CLEAVERS HERB..............  .60   SPIGNET ROOT................. 2.00
 CRANESBILL ROOT............ 1.25   SQUAW VINE HERB.............. 1.50
 CRAMP BARK................. 4.00   SQUIRREL TAIL #1 LEGAL STATE.  .15
 DANDELION ROOT............. 1.50   SLIPPERY ELM BARK-ROSSED ONLY 1.50
 FEVERFEW HERB.............. 1.00   STAR GRASS ROOT-ALETRIS..... 10.00
 FIGWORT HERB...............  .50   STAR GRUB................... 23.00
 FRINGE TREE BARK........... 3.00   STONE ROOT..................   .50
 GERMANDER (PINK SCULLCAP)..  .75   SUMAC ROOT BARK.............   .50
*GINSENG WILD.........FALL MARKET   SUMAC TREE BARK.............   .50
*GINSENG CULTIVATED...FALL MARKET   SUMAC LEAF..LEAF ONLY.......   .25
*GOLDENSEAL ROOT............34.00   VIRGINIA SNAKE ROOT......... 20.00
*GOLDENSEAL HERB............ 4.50   WAHOO BARK..................  1.00
 HOREHOUND HERB............. 1.00   WALNUT LEAF.................   .50
 INDIAN TURNIP ROOT......... 1.25   WHITE OAK BARK..............   .05
*KANSAS SNAKE ROOT..........12.00   WHITE WILLOW BARK...........   .30
 KANSAS SNAKE HERB.......... 1.25   WILD CHERRY BARK THICK......   .30
 LESPEDEZA HERB."ROUND HEAD"  .50   WILD CHERRY BARK THIN.......   .75
 LOBELLIA HERB.............. 2.50   WILD GINGER ROOT............  3.00
 HAIDEN HAIR FERN HERB...... 1.00   WILD HYDRANGE ROOT..........  1.00
 MAYAPPLE ROOT.............. NONE   WILD INDIGO ROOT.B.TINCTORIA  4.00
 MAYPOP HERB-PASSION FLOWER.  .50   WILD LETTUCE LEAF...........  1.00
*MISSOURI SNAKE HERB........  .75   WILD YAM ROOT...............  1.00
*MISSOURI SNAKE ROOT........ 2.50   WITCH HAZEL BARK............   .50
 MULLIEN LEAF...............  .40  *WITCH HAZEL LEAF............  1.25
 NEW JERSY TEA ROOT.........  .50   YELLOW DOCK ROOT............   .75
 PEACH TREE BARK............  .50   
======================================================================
Green planting stock. Price changes alot please check for current
prices:

GOLDENSEAL..................12.50 a pound
plus shipping UPS Next Day Air in cooler container packet with ice.
======================================================================
BOOKS
A Field Guide to Medicinal Plants ..........$12.00
   Times Books, ISBN 0-8129-6336-9, Limited stock but is on back order.