Subject: Re: forest management

From: "Ralph D. Arnold" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 94 01:37:07 PDT

On 16 Nov 1994 22:23:11 GMT, 
Michael McGrath  <[email-masked]> wrote:

>   I am looking for information for a short paper about simultaneously
>conserving forests and allowing economic activity and forest
>utilization. Any information would be greatly apreciated
>
>thanks
>Mike
>

You might want to check Paul Stamet's newest book, "Growing Gourmet &
Medicinal Mushrooms" , where he explores the concept of utilizing various
fungi species within a forest/tree lot as a part of a kind of PERMACULTURE
technique.  Check the library or you can order from Fungi Perfecti 
([email-masked]) or MUSHROOMPEOPLE ([email-masked]).

Perhaps you'll want to visit my gopherspace or anonymous FTP site.  It will
point you towards more info on mushroom growing for fun, for profit, and
as a way to recycle all kinds of agricultural wastes.

Good luck!

Ralph D. Arnold [email-masked] | "ON-LINE ACCESS" gopherspace offers
P.O. Box 889, Oregon City, OR 97045  | "FUNGI-BY-EMAIL"=growing mushrooms 
gopher://gopher.teleport.com/11/users/rarnold |will email files if needed
anonymous ftp by ftp.teleport.com in directory users\rarnold\mushroom