Subject: Re: HERBALGRAM

From: [email-masked] (mbishop)
Date: 8 Oct 1994 07:59:31 GMT

Moreta ([email-masked]) wrote:

> Are they willing to put the whole mags in here? and what sort of
> donation are they looking at, a bulk one or per issue?

> Mo 

The organization runs on a shoe string.  Right now, the HERBALGRAM
magazine is available via snail mail by subscription for $25/Yr, published
quarterly (plus $10/Yr for foreign).  ABC would like to offer the magazine
online as a subscription or per issue at a lower price though.  We have
just started to think about this.

There are booklets on specific herbs also available ABC sells.  Some 
information like HERBCLIPS are given away to companies involved with 
medicinal herbs with a request for donations.

What do you think?

I talked to the Illuminati Online administrator and he is happy to let me
use is disk space for HERBALGRAM..  He said I could set it up as WWW pages
so the images can be viewed and there would be hypertext capability.  He
said there is no way to make it available only to those that subscribe
though. 

Any ideas as to how to put this information on the internet as a
subcription?

This is a nonprofit organization that runs off of the funds it gets for
this magazine. 

I am not familiar with HTML, Mosaic, and other internet stuff so when I 
learn enough to figure how to make this info available on the internet, I 
will need someone to help convert it the right format.  Anyone good at this?

--
                                Sincerely,

                                Mark Bishop
			       "On Earth as it is in Austin"