Subject: Re: looking for canadian herb books

From: [email-masked] (Patrick Crawford)
Date: 1 Nov 1994 18:36:14 -0400

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] writes:
>i'm looking for a book that contains information on growing, drying, 
>storing, and using different herbs.  not just medicinal use (although 
>that would be nice), but uses in foods, flower arranging, pest 
>control, cleaning etc.
>i need one that would be useful in the maritime provinces (just north 
>of maine :-)), but i also like to grow plants in the winter in my 
>house.

One book that I would recommend is The Harrowsmith Illustrated Book of 
Herbs by Patrick Lima (ISBN 0-920656-45-5).  It doesn't talk about 
anything to do with medicinal herbs, but seems to cover most of the rest 
of the things you are looking for.  It is also written specifically with 
Canadian conditions in mind.

Hope this helps, Pat

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Patrick Crawford                        Snail Mail: 13 Fountain Dr.
e-mail: [email-masked]                       Charlottetown, PEI
phone:  (902) 894-8095 (home)                       Canada   C1A 6L9
        (902) 894-8553 (work)